PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends

Äike
03-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Does anyone here play League of Legends, if yes, then who are your favorite champions and would you like to form an "Apricity team" :D

Baluarte
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Played it for months.
Killing my free time so I quit for the seventh time (yeah :cool: ) about 3 months ago.

Now I only waste my time on Apricity :)

Dombra
03-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I play mostly ad carry range, Ashe, Caitlyn etc. Although I like Veigar and certain tanks

Baluarte
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Forgot to add, I was profficient with 10 champions or so, mostly bruisers.

But before I quit I was really obsessed with the duo Kha'zix/Rengar.

Here's the epic Kha'zix theme :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF025NPP-78

Dombra
03-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Why does Kha´Zix remind me of EVA 01?

Äike
03-13-2013, 11:18 PM
When I started LoL, I played with Ashe, Caitlyn, Graves. After them I played for a long time with Teemo only, I won almost all games and it just got boring. Then I played Garen for months. Now I play Garen, Olaf, Pantheon.

Garen is just epic.

Baluarte
03-13-2013, 11:18 PM
When I started LoL, I played with Ashe, Caitlyn, Graves. After them I played for a long time with Teemo only, I won almost all games and it just got boring. Then I played Garen for months. Now I play Garen, Olaf, Pantheon.

Garen is just epic.

Epic easy I suppose.

Easiest champion on the League tbh. Spin2win xD

Caismeachd
03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't play that but recently discovered an MMO German game called Drakensang: Online. It's worth people checking out. It's similar to Diablo.

MarkyMark
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
I've only played a couple times at my cousin's because he has it on both of his computers. I usually support him with Blitzcrank, although I sometimes jungle with Master Yi.

Äike
03-14-2013, 01:10 AM
I bought Pantheon a few days ago, I thought that he will be complicated to play but the only thing complicated about him is his utility, it's almost impossible to get it right. But when I get it right, I get quadrakills :D

http://oi45.tinypic.com/mkpyu.jpg

Illancha
03-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Well I've been playing DotA for close to 9 years now.

If you ask me it's miles ahead of LoL in every aspect, but let's leave that for another day.

I played LoL for about 3-4 months just to check it out, get a feel for it and see how it compares to DotA. I got extremely good in a very short period of time, I'm certain I could've reach the top ratings had I persevered with it. I loved Ezreal, by far my favourite hero and most of the time the only hero I actually enjoyed playing along with Olaf.

Äike
03-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Well I've been playing DotA for close to 9 years now.

If you ask me it's miles ahead of LoL in every aspect, but let's leave that for another day.

I played LoL for about 3-4 months just to check it out, get a feel for it and see how it compares to DotA. I got extremely good in a very short period of time, I'm certain I could've reach the top ratings had I persevered with it. I loved Ezreal, by far my favourite hero and most of the time the only hero I actually enjoyed playing along with Olaf.

I have heard that Dota and Dota 2 is more complicated and more experienced players play Dota, while LoL is so easy that most people can play it without much difficulties.

Illancha
03-14-2013, 01:38 AM
I have heard that Dota and Dota 2 is more complicated and more experienced players play Dota, while LoL is so easy that most people can play it without much difficulties.
Yeah that's pretty accurate. There's a lot more complexity in DotA it's on a whole different level, whereas LoL is like the casual version of it making it more popular in general.

Ever heard of Puppey? Estonian player in the Ukrainian DotA Na'Vi team. I think he might be an ethnic Russian though.

Äike
03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Yeah that's pretty accurate. There's a lot more complexity in DotA it's on a whole different level, whereas LoL is like the casual version of it making it more popular in general.

Ever heard of Puppey? Estonian player in the Ukrainian DotA Na'Vi team. I think he might be an ethnic Russian though.

I'm just a casual gamer and I have never played DotA so no, I haven't heard about him. If he's in an Ukrainian team, he probably is ethnic Russian/Ukrainian.

In the EU Nordic-East server of LoL, Estonians usually team up with Finns, Norwegians, Swedes and other Nordics. Me and some of my Estonian pals usually play with Finns and Norwegians if we do 5 vs 5.

Dombra
03-14-2013, 08:27 PM
One does does simply not plat in the EN server. Too bad I still do it D: But I have been thinking about paying so I can play with my friends on the West

Äike
03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
One does does simply not plat in the EN server. Too bad I still do it D: But I have been thinking about paying so I can play with my friends on the West

I have 2 users, one in the Western server. The interesting thing is, the West server is full of Estonians, more so than the EN server probably, because most of us just can't handle playing together with some retarded Russian kid from some Siberian village who keeps feeding and fucking up the game. + Poles are another topic. Me and my Estonian/Finnish pals usually try to get 5 of us together if we start a game, for this reason.

RussiaPrussia
03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
i hate all dota games. Its a rip off from wc3, for noobs.

Äike
03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
It's fucking impossible to play ranked with Eastern-Europeans in EUNE. All the damn flaming and egoistic running around/no teamwork/ getting killed.

Just lost one ranked game where I dominated top, but some retard Pole decided to play Twisted Fate... 1st time! In R A N K E D and feeded Lux in mid who finally had a score of 31/4!!!

T_T

Vasconcelos
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I've played the game since it came out, but now I just log in a couple of times per month.

I usually play bulky melee ADs like Garen, Darius and Olaf for example. I also enjoy tanks, especially Rammus and Leona.

Shkembe Chorba
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Good. Theres players in the forum.

Karl we are in the same server, wanna play ?

I play Janna support, which think is the best support champ in the game. Like Caitlyn and Xerath. Gragas is pretty good, and has the biggest boobs in the game.

alb0zfinest
04-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Have played it before. Don't like the over the top view. That's why now I'm playing Smite. 3rd person view moba and the champions are off of Greek, Egyptian, Hindu, Chinese, Roman, and norse mythologies. You should give it a try its very fun. Plus Smite has 10x better graphics then League of Legends.

Shkembe Chorba
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
I didn't know about this game, watched a couple of videos so im considering to try it. The gameplay though looks a bit harder than LoL. I guess that positioning is much more important in Smite.

usagerxyz
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I play it from time to time on NA, it's entertaining . My favorite roles are top and mid; champs that I like: Riven, Jax, Victor, Ahri, Kennen, Twitch, Gragas.

BlastFromDaPast
04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm Gold 1 solo queue in Nordic & East and Gold 3 5 vs 5. In the arranged team my position is mid, my favourite champs are LeBlanc, Morgana, Cassiopeia, Katarina, Xerath, Twisted Fate, Swain and Heimerdinger.

BlastFromDaPast
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Dota is indeed harder, some contents in it (like denying) are omitted in LoL. But LoL is still hard enough for anyone who hasn't played any MOBA.

Trun
08-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Draven should be nerfed. I noticed they even raised his difficulty to 100...funny. Catch your axes and gg.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1540/bhhy.png

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Play Dota 2 instead, far better game.

Trun
08-18-2013, 08:44 PM

It's too hard for narrow minds like mine.

Kiyant
08-18-2013, 08:45 PM

Played it didnt liked it

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:46 PM
The only thing that sucks about dota 2 is when you end up on in a team full of turks/russians that refuse to communicate in english. Yes, I play on the west european server cluster, and yes russians/turks got their own servers too.. so damn frustrating..

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Played it didnt liked it

I guess you don't like skill based games then.

Kiyant
08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
I guess you don't like skill based games then.
That is the only argument Dota players use because they got inferior complexes against LoL.
I dont like the system,the ui and other things i also didnt like the first dota for WC3

alb0zfinest
08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't play that but recently discovered an MMO German game called Drakensang: Online. It's worth people checking out. It's similar to Diablo.

Too repetitive and grindy...........

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Fine fine, but that argument is very valid. Take any average dota player into lol and he will most likely do very well, try that with a LoL player and watch the hilarity ensue.

Kiyant
08-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Fine fine, but that argument is very valid. Take any average dota player into lol and he will most likely do very well, try that with a LoL player and watch the hilarity ensue.
I also saw Dota players who say they would beat LoL pros because they played dota :picard1:

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:57 PM

You should try Path of Exile too then, if you like games like diablo. Path of exile is what diablo 3 should have been.

Furnace
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I also saw Dota players who say they would beat LoL pros because they played dota :picard1:

I agree, that's an overstatement, but if you give him a few days of practice and it's probably onto something.

Äike
08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
It's too hard for narrow minds like mine.

Your avatar gave me a hard-on.

Äike
08-18-2013, 11:22 PM

Garen is just epic.

Pantheon got boring as I practically won every game if all 4 of my teammates didn't go full retard. Thus I started playing with Trundle, he was very difficult to master at first, but now it's quite fun. He is not as good as Pantheon and never will be, but he can be quite of a tank, while Pantheon was more of a melee assassin.

Baluarte
08-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Pantheon got boring as I practically won every game if all 4 of my teammates didn't go full retard. Thus I started playing with Trundle, he was very difficult to master at first, but now it's quite fun. He is not as good as Pantheon and never will be, but he can be quite of a tank, while Pantheon was more of a melee assassin.

I still beat you with Rengar/Kha'zix or even Mundo.

Äike
08-18-2013, 11:32 PM
I still beat you with Rengar/Kha'zix or even Mundo.

If I take one of the champs that I am proficient with, you can't beat me. As Pantheon I won Rengar and Kha'zix almost always, I have played against them in top and I can recall only some occasions when Kha'zix has managed to beat me.

Baluarte
08-18-2013, 11:36 PM
What's your username/server?

Pontios
08-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Installed it, launched it, 5 minutes later, deleted it...

Äike
08-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Installed it, launched it, 5 minutes later, deleted it...

Amateur.

Really, the game is so simple that even people who are not that interested/proficient in video games, play it.

Äike
08-18-2013, 11:57 PM
What's your username/server?

EstKarl in EUNE, but I stopped playing there because of too many retarded Russians and Eastern-Europeans in general. When lurking in some Estonian LoL communities, I found out that most Estonians (and other Nordics) play in EUW, for the same reason. When making my acc in EUW, I wanted to emphasize that I came from EUN and am no noob, thus I took the name of Nordic Estlander. Add me if you wish.

Baluarte
08-20-2013, 02:45 AM
EstKarl in EUNE, but I stopped playing there because of too many retarded Russians and Eastern-Europeans in general. When lurking in some Estonian LoL communities, I found out that most Estonians (and other Nordics) play in EUW, for the same reason. When making my acc in EUW, I wanted to emphasize that I came from EUN and am no noob, thus I took the name of Nordic Estlander. Add me if you wish.

Added. Username: ComteDuGuesclin ;)

Lobster
08-01-2023, 09:48 AM
Yes, I play LOL. Apricity team sounds cool. I approve!