PDA

View Full Version : Not only GOD is Argentinean... The Pope it is Argentinean, as well

pinguino
03-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Now, we have the first non-European Pope. That happens to be Argentinean (like Maradonna and Gardel). Let's talk about it.

Smaug
03-14-2013, 01:34 AM
So G'd is Argentinian? That's why I'm an atheist...

Anthropologique
03-14-2013, 01:36 AM
So G'd is Argentinian? That's why I'm an atheist...

Love it! LOL!!

Anthropologique
03-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Now, we have the first non-European Pope. That happens to be Argentinean (like Maradonna and Gardel). Let's talk about it.

He's of Italian heritage. Not that I give a darn about the Pope.

Armand_Duval
03-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Me da gusto que el Papa sea latinoamericano.

Felicidades Argentina y felicidades Hispanoamerica.:thumb001:

Gauthier
03-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Creo que le tocaba a Mexico. Es uno de los paises con mas catolicos en el mundo.

American_Hispanist
03-14-2013, 06:59 AM
of course, one of Italian heritage is chosen. :D

alfieb
03-14-2013, 07:01 AM
So are most Argentines, like Messi and Maradona.

CVCV
03-14-2013, 07:22 AM
He is not the first Pope born outside of Europe, but he is the first Pope born in the New World. I am not a Catholic (although I am Christian), bu I like Bergoglio because he is a brave and good man.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Creo que le tocaba a Mexico. Es uno de los paises con mas catolicos en el mundo.

Hubiera estado conmadre para hacer una cortinota de humo por la privatización y todas esas jaladas que andan pasando.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 07:52 AM
he isnt really a non-european Pope. he is italian just Born outside of italy

alfieb
03-14-2013, 07:55 AM
So then you are an Indian born in Europe?

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:21 AM
So then you are an Indian born in Europe?

you are a disgusting hypocrite because you often called me a "Indian refugee" now you word the question as if it is wrong what i said and compare my Situation to his. and no one considers me a proper european despite having majority european genetics and only 16% southasian genetics im lumped in as "Indian". People make me feel like a outsider, People like you. eventhough my heritage is mostly from europe. and this guy is not a mestizo with some ancient heritage from europe, he is a european Born in argentine.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm not a hypocrite. You've called yourself European. If you are European, he is Latin American.

To me, he is an ethnic Italian who grew up in Argentina and you are a Gypsy who grew up in Serbia.

Argentina is not a Mestizo country, and being Latin American does not require one to be Mestizo.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm not a hypocrite. You've called yourself European. If you are European, he is Latin American.

To me, he is an ethnic Italian who grew up in Argentina and you are a Gypsy who grew up in Serbia.

Argentina is not a Mestizo country, and being Latin American does not require one to be Mestizo.

You are a hypocrite because you called me a Indian refugee, now you say it is not like that just to justify him being not european. Argentina is a European Colony if you want and he is a Italian from a European Colony. He is not a Non-White Pope, just a Italian.
I didnt grew up in Serbia btw and I have European Heritage as well as Gypsy Heritage, yet no one considers me proper European because thats they way People consider other People.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 08:32 AM
You are a hypocrite because you called me a Indian refugee, now you say it is not like that just to justify him being not european. Argentina is a European Colony if you want and he is a Italian from a European Colony. He is not a Non-White Pope, just a Italian.
He is white.
He is ethnic Italian.
He is Argentine.
Argentina is Latin America.

You self-identify as a Romani.
Romanis are not European.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
He is white.
He is ethnic Italian.
He is Argentine.
Argentina is Latin America.

Yes, but i just dislike the Notion of "the first non-european Pope" as if he were some ethnic. He is just a ethnic Italian, nothing changed.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Yes, but i just dislike the Notion of "the first non-european Pope" as if he were some ethnic. He is just a ethnic Italian, nothing changed.

He is probably not even full Italian. Likely part Galician or something else as well.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
You self-identify as a Romani.
Romanis are not European.

How the fuck do you know how i self-identify? Or which side i feel closer to. just because i acknowledge my gypsy heritage doesnt mean i identify as fully romany. And romanies are racially multi-ethnic, having DNA from southasia, middle east and europe. They are racially multi-ethnic doesnt mean they dont belong to europe.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
You're too obsessed with race. This is a matter of nationality, and of geography. The African and Syrian popes of the first millennium were all white Mediterranean types, but they were still Africans and Levantines rather than Europeans, and he is a self-identified New Worlder.

I'm sorry that my church did not pick a Mestizo that you would be more comfortable with.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:42 AM
You're too obsessed with race. This is a matter of nationality, and of geography. The African and Syrian popes of the first millennium were all white Mediterranean types, but they were still Africans and Levantines rather than Europeans, and he is a self-identified New Worlder.

how do you know they were "White meditteranean" types and not middle easterners? and it is not only about race but his ethnicity is european, he is not even a White looking african or middle eastern, but a european from a colony.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm sorry that my church did not pick a Mestizo that you would be more comfortable with.

a mestizo represents latin america better then a White man, im sure.

Libertas
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM
He is probably not even full Italian. Likely part Galician or something else as well.

His mother has the Italian surname Sivori.

Bergoglio is a Piedmontese surname and Sivori is mainly Ligurian (see GENS LABO website on Italian surnames).

alfieb
03-14-2013, 08:52 AM
how do you know they were "White meditteranean" types and not middle easterners? and it is not only about race but his ethnicity is european, he is not even a White looking african or middle eastern, but a european from a colony.

Papal portraits.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Papa_Gelasio_I.jpg
Gelasius, an African Pope.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/PopeConstantine.jpg
Constantine, a Syrian Pope.

They could be Italian for all you or I knew.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Konon.jpg
This Pope, Conon, was Sicilian. What's the difference?

And stop referring to Argentina as a colony. It is offensive.

Argentina is an independent country. Nearly all of North and South America were colonies at one point or another. If an American, South African, or New Zealander were elected, would you refer to them as colonial Popes, too?

Your people are stateless. Condescendingly looking down on former colonies is a bit odd.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Papal portraits.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Papa_Gelasio_I.jpg
Gelasius, an African Pope.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/PopeConstantine.jpg
Constantine, a Syrian Pope.

They could be Italian for all you or I knew.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Konon.jpg
This Pope, Conon, was Sicilian. What's the difference?

And stop referring to Argentina as a colony. It is offensive.

Argentina is an independent country. Nearly all of North and South America were colonies at one point or another. If an American, South African, or New Zealander were elected, would you refer to them as colonial Popes, too?

Your people are stateless. Condescendingly looking down on former colonies is a bit odd.

They refer to themselfes as "Colonials". At least I read it from US Americans, and they do identify as Europeans. "European American" is a common term used by White Americans. Why would it be different with Argentines? And I dont look down on them, you made that up to have a justification to remind me of "my statelessnes" and look down on me. Also in every discussion you referr to me as a "Gypsy" and "Indian Refugee" and remind me that "Im from India" and have no place in Europe. I find that very offensive and not appropriate for our discussions, where my ethnic Background shouldnt be matter of discussion.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:12 AM
They refer to themselfes as "Colonials". At least I read it from US Americans, and they do identify as Europeans. "European American" is a common term used by White Americans. Why would it be different with Argentines?

Don't be an imbecile. :picard2: What makes you think Argentines are somehow like White Americans?

And I dont look down on them, you made that up to have a justification to remind me of "my statelessnes" and look down on me. Also in every discussion you referr to me as a "Gypsy" and "Indian Refugee" and remind me that "Im from India" and have no place in Europe. I find that very offensive and not appropriate for our discussions, where my ethnic Background shouldnt be matter of discussion.

So why are you calling and questioning Argentine's background? Argentina has higher Euro influence than other nations in Latin America, but still overlaps with them.

Smaug
03-14-2013, 09:14 AM
He is not the first Pope born outside of Europe, but he is the first Pope born in the New World. I am not a Catholic (although I am Christian), bu I like Bergoglio because he is a brave and good man.

Who was the firsy pope from outside Europe?

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Don't be an imbecile. :picard2:

So why are you calling and questioning Argentine's background? Argentina has higher Euro influence than other nations in Latin America, but still overlaps with them.

You are the imbecile, but you dont probably even realise it yourself. im against the Notion that i was some "Milestone" in roman-catholic history, because he is just another White guy. nothing changed, it is still a Club of old White men. (no offense), but that is how i see it. i respect the catholic church of course and i dont care too much about who will be Pope, but i think if we talk about a latin american represantive that a mestizo would be a better represantive of latin america. or would you celebrate a south african boer as first "black Pope"?

riverman
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
You are the imbecile, but you dont probably even realise it yourself. im against the Notion that i was some "Milestone" in roman-catholic history, because he is just another White guy. nothing changed, it is still a Club of old White men. (no offense), but that is how i see it. i respect the catholic church of course and i dont care too much about who will be Pope, but i think if we talk about a latin american represantive that a mestizo would be a better represantive of latin america. or would you celebrate a south african boer as first "black Pope"?

That seems really silly. Talk about the wrong reasons to elect someone to a political/religious position

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Who was the firsy pope from outside Europe?
First non-European Pope was Anicetus, from Syria, around 150 AD.
First African Pope was Victor, around 190 AD.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM

Why are you so race obsessed thinking that if we have a pope from Latin America it has to be a Mestizo? This man is representing all Catholics in the world, not representing Latin Americans or whatever. It's not my fault you're a fat confused gypsy with no real notion of homeland or ethnicity.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
That seems really silly. Talk about the wrong reasons to elect someone to a political/religious position

you are right, but it shouldnt be celebrated as some Kind of non-european Progression in the catholic church. it is really not. but the Pope should be elected for other reasons then race, i agree.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
why are you so race obsessed thinking that if we have a pope from latin america it has to be a mestizo? This man is representing all catholics in the world, not representing latin americans or whatever. It's not my fault you're a fat confused gypsy with no real notion of homeland or ethnicity.
but... He's white! He can't represent you! It's a lie!

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:27 AM
but... He's white! He can't represent you! It's a lie!

I'm not even religious to start with :D I'm just pointing out his logical flaw.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Why are you so race obsessed thinking that if we have a pope from Latin America it has to be a Mestizo? This man is representing all Catholics in the world, not representing Latin Americans or whatever. It's not my fault you're a fat confused gypsy with no real notion of homeland or ethnicity.

i was warned not to Insult anyone, so i wont Insult you back, but i will Report you. you should not have a place in any civilised discussion because you dont know to behave.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:29 AM
i was warned not to Insult anyone, so i wont Insult you back, but i will Report you. you should not have a place in any civilised discussion because you dont know to behave.

Report me all you want. Stating the truth is never an offense although it might hurt. I wouldn't recomend that as your behavior here has been far worse than mine, harrasing girls, posting naked pictures, etc.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
you are a disgusting hypocrite
So much for not insulting people. :lol:

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Report me all you want. Stating the truth is never an offense although it might hurt. I wouldn't recomend that as your behavior here has been far worse than mine, harrasing girls, posting naked pictures, etc.

it is up to the Moderators to decide if it was a offense, but im sure it is.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
it is up to the Moderators to decide if it was a offense, but im sure it is.

What about these nice words you said to alfieb?

you are a disgusting hypocrite because you often called me a "Indian refugee" now you word the question as if it is wrong what i said and compare my Situation to his. and no one considers me a proper european despite having majority european genetics and only 16% southasian genetics im lumped in as "Indian". People make me feel like a outsider, People like you. eventhough my heritage is mostly from europe. and this guy is not a mestizo with some ancient heritage from europe, he is a european Born in argentine.

You should be grateful hypocrisy doesn't have calories.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
So much for not insulting people. :lol:

you provoked me, by calling me an Indian in europe. you also refferred to me on more then one occassion as Indian refuggee and that i should go back to india. you should follow hasol out of this Forum.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:36 AM
I made a legitimate comparison. Much of your ancestry is Indian, but you consider yourself European. Much of his ancestry is Italian, but he considers himself Argentine.

Hasol calling you an overweight gypsy, something that you yourself acknowledge to be true, is hardly the same as you calling me disgusting. One is a factual statement, the other is a slur.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:37 AM
What about these nice words you said to alfieb?

You should be grateful hypocrisy doesn't have calories.

i didnt insulted him for inherent characteristics like the way he Looks or his ethnicity which is way worse in my opinion. you always Play the "fat racial slur" Card. I just called him hypocrite because he provoked by calling me a Indian in europe. and im used to his insults why i reacted harsh. But a moderator should sort it out.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Whatever you say, buddy. :venus:

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM
I made a legitimate comparison. Much of your ancestry is Indian, but you consider yourself European. Much of his ancestry is Italian, but he considers himself Argentine.

Hasol calling you an overweight gypsy, something that you yourself acknowledge to be true, is hardly the same as you calling me disgusting. One is a factual statement, the other is a slur.

everything is twistable, but you are wrong on all acounts, he said it in a way to Insult both my appearance and racial Background why i just called you out on your double Standards. you yourself called me Indian refugee. and most of my ancestry is not Indian, you talk as if im 90% Indian but im just 16%. your comparison was wrong and a hypocrite act because you yourself identify me as Indian, you made it clear on more then one occassion.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
you yourself called me Indian refugee
I suggest you use the forum search tool, friend. Nowhere in this thread has anyone but yourself called you that.

Smaug
03-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Not really, Latin America is as multicultural as any other part of the New World, so I would feel represented even by the son of Korean immigrants, as long as he self identified as Latin American.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I suggest you use the forum search tool, friend. Nowhere in this thread has anyone but yourself called you that.

not in this thread, but you have a history of racially insulting me on this Forum since you joined.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
not in this thread, but you have a history of racially insulting me on this Forum since you joined.
If I did something a few weeks ago, and you retaliated by calling me disgusting today, who is to blame today?

Naturally, you and I are both biased, but I think the average person would say "two wrongs don't make a right" and your actions would not be considered justified.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Not really, Latin America is as multicultural as any other part of the New World, so I would feel represented even by the son of Korean immigrants, as long as he self identified as Latin American.

just that a korean Immigrant probably wouldnt have a Chance of being elected, because the Pope is White as usuall.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
just that a korean Immigrant probably wouldnt have a Chance of being elected, because the Pope is White as usuall.

See, there you go. It's all about race to you.

riverman
03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
you are right, but it shouldnt be celebrated as some Kind of non-european Progression in the catholic church. it is really not. but the Pope should be elected for other reasons then race, i agree.

IDK how 'white' he looks, doesn't strike me as captain whitey

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
If I did something a few weeks ago, and you retaliated by calling me disgusting today, who is to blame today?

you started your usuall bs that im an Indian, im used to your insults why i reacted a bit harshly. the disgusting was not really at place but i stand by my opinion that you are a hypocrite which you are. and i expect a moderator to take Action against the usuall insulters like you and hasol

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM

You are not even Catholic, why care so much?

Smaug
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Being White doesn't make him less Latin American, he indentifies himself as Latin American.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
you started your usuall bs that im an Indian, im used to your insults why i reacted a bit harshly. the disgusting was not really at place but i stand by my opinion that you are a hypocrite which you are. and i expect a moderator to take Action against the usuall insulters like you and hasol

Good luck with that. How many times have you called me fat, gay, a fascist, a nazi, etc?

Everything I've said was in reaction to provocation, which is the excuse you've just used.

riverman
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Being White doesn't make him less Latin American, he indentifies himself as Latin American.

Agreed, many of us couldn't really identify as non-new worlders even if we wanted to, IMO

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Alfieb has only said the truth here tbh...

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I can have a opinion just like on the election of the us president i dont need to be catholic or american. And alfieb i called you facsist because you threw racial abuse at me you mistake action and reaction why else would i have called you a nazi. I hope you willl be put at your place by a mod along with hasol you two are not able to discuss without provocatoins and ad homminems

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
I can have a opinion just like on the election of the us president i dont need to be catholic or american. And alfieb i called you facsist because you threw racial abuse at me you mistake action and reaction why else would i have called you a nazi. I hope you willl be put at your place by a mod along with hasol you two are not able to discuss without provocatoins and ad homminems

:picard2: IM's mind:

"Throws racial abuse" = Fascist
Fascist = Nazi
Racially demeans the Pope = I needz to call the modzz

------

Friendly suggestion :)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001547991/045878242_ist2_3965048_back_to_school_colorful_chi ld_writing_xlarge.jpeg

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:37 AM
But what makes latin america different and special is native americans that is why i think that mestizo stands rather for latin american it would definitely be more exotic and new if it were a mestizo but i dont say he is not latin american

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
But what makes latin america different and special is native americans that is why i think that mestizo stands rather for latin american it would definitely be more exotic and new if it were a mestizo but i dont say he is not latin american

latin american

latin american

latin american

:picard2:

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM

:picard2: IM's mind:

"Throws racial abuse" = Fascist
Fascist = Nazi
Racially demeans the Pope = I needz to call the modzz

------

Friendly suggestion :)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001547991/
045878242_ist2_3965048_back_to_school_colorful_chi ld_writing_xlarge.jpeg

Im not against the pope i just dont think his etnicity is exotic for a pope it is like always

alfieb
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
But what makes latin america different and special is native americans that is why i think that mestizo stands rather for latin american
But it doesn't. Dominicans aren't Mestizo. Black Brazilians aren't Mestizo. White Cubans aren't Mestizo.

i dont say he is not latin american
Do you have zero short-term memory?

If he's European, and Italian, then he's not Latin American.

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Im not against the pope i just dont think his etnicity is exotic for a pope it is like always

Oh, so you're dissapointed that he's white?

Isn't that in your own Trotskyist logic, "racism"? :rolleyes:

If a negro cardinal holding an European passport had been elected, would you feel it's also wrong? I know you wouldn't.

Just white-hate.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM

:picard2:

But there is also the word american which makes them different then italians or spanish.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
But there is also the word american which makes them different then italians or spanish.

Yes, which refers to our continent, as opposed to Latin Europe.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM

Oh, so you're dissapointed that he's white?

Isn't that in your own Trotskyist logic, "racism"? :rolleyes:

If a negro cardinal holding an European passport had been elected, would you feel it's also wrong? I know you wouldn't.

Just white-hate.

I dont think its wrong just nothing exotic but a black pope would be

alfieb
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Right, because they're from the geographical continent known as The Americas, not Europe, where Spain and Italy are located. There is no American race. There is no Latin American race. You can be Latin American and belong to any race or ethnicity.

I dont think its wrong just nothing exotic but a black pope would be

People are making a big deal out of it because there hasn't been a Pope born outside of Europe in 1300 years. Because you are obsessed with race, you seem to be unable to appreciate the fact that Buenos Aires is about as far as you can get from Europe. No, he's not black. So what?

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:47 AM

Yes, which refers to our continent, as opposed to Latin Europe.and w natives and their culture

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Right, because they're from the geographical continent known as The Americas, not Europe, where Spain and Italy are located. There is no American race. There is no Latin American race. You can be Latin American and belong to any race or ethnicity. there is a american race amerindians and latin america is blend of both worlds and someone of mixed ancestries represents the diversity better

alfieb
03-14-2013, 10:53 AM
there is a american race amerindians and latin america is blend of both worlds and someone of mixed ancestries represents the diversity better
Amerindians are Mongoloids. They are not a race.

And, furthermore, so you're implying that an American Pope who was white wouldn't be properly representative of the USA or the Americas, because he is not an American Indian?

ARGENTINES ARE NOT MESTIZO.

Han Cholo
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Amerindians are Mongoloids. They are not a race.

And, furthermore, so you're implying that an American Pope who was white wouldn't be properly representative of the USA or the Americas, because he is not an American Indian?

ARGENTINES ARE NOT MESTIZO.

Half of Argentina is very Mestizo actually. Argentine Mestizos are not very Catholic thought, given most of them are Peronistas.

He is as representative as someone like Maradona would be. I don't see why he makes a big deal. He is supposed to represent "Catholics" and not just "Mestizos" or "Latin Americans" or whatever. Many Latin Americans have other different beliefs.

Smaug
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Not really. There are parts of Latin America like Southern Brazil, Uruguay and Central-Eastern Argentina where the population is predominantly White, and we are not less LA because of that. Latin American is a geographical term, not ethnic.

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Not really. There are parts of Latin America like Southern Brazil, Uruguay and Central-Eastern Argentina where the population is predominantly White, and we are not less LA because of that. Latin American is a geographical term, not ethnic.

He's also "racist" against blacks since apparently a mestizo belongs more than a mulatto in South/Central America.

OMG, you rasissssttttt.

Smaug
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
He's also "racist" against blacks since apparently a mestizo belongs more than a mulatto in South/Central America.

OMG, you rasissssttttt.

I'm not racist.

Anthropologique
03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
So are most Argentines, like Messi and Maradona.

Most? Plenty of indigenous people there, as well as Levantines, Jews and Europeans; like Spaniards, Portuguese, Welsh and a few people of German heritage. BTW, Maradona doesn't look full Italian. He's way mestizo looking.

Armand_Duval
03-14-2013, 01:51 PM

De Mexico habia dos posibles candidatos, Solo que uno, el arzobispo Rivera Carrera se quemo por el supuesto encubrimiento de abusadores de menores y el otro Juan Sandoval Iñiguez el arzobispo de Guadalajara quiza hubiera sido mas idoneo pero su mentalidad tan conservadora y su discurso anti gay tampoco lo hacen el mas popular aunque tengo entendido que el Papa Bergoglio tambien es muy conservador.

alfieb
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Most? Plenty of indigenous people there, as well as Levantines, Jews and Europeans; like Spaniards, Portuguese, Welsh and a few people of German heritage. BTW, Maradona doesn't look full Italian. He's way mestizo looking.

Saying he has Italian ancestry doesn't mean Maradona is 100% Italian in any way.

Querubín
03-14-2013, 02:40 PM
De Mexico habia dos posibles candidatos, Solo que uno, el arzobispo Rivera Carrera se quemo por el supuesto encubrimiento de abusadores de menores y el otro Juan Sandoval Iñiguez el arzobispo de Guadalajara quiza hubiera sido mas idoneo pero su mentalidad tan conservadora y su discurso anti gay tampoco lo hacen el mas popular aunque tengo entendido que el Papa Bergoglio tambien es muy conservador.

Es conservador en lo que a las formas se refiere, al rito. Pero es progre en cuanto a la doctrina. Al menos eso tengo entendí. Por tanto es progre pq es la doctrina y no el rito lo que hace a alguien conservador o progre. Es mas loue diferencia a un católico de un protestante o de un ortodoxo es el rito fundamentalmente por lo que el ser conservador en relación a este, va mas en el campo de mantener la esencia que en el de ser conservador o progre.

Así mismo, no hay que olvidar que es jesuita. La compañía de Jesús siempre a aglutinado a las mentes preclaras de la iglesia por lo que el debe tener un fuerte componente intelectual y eso siempre deja la posibilidad de ramalazos progres. Por ej, Ratzinger se suponía que era conservador, pero ha abdicado y en relación con la doctrina ha sido mucho mas progre de lo que se podía pensar a priori. Es mas, hay quien cree que ha sido mas progre q su predecesor.

De el, hay algunos detalles que pueden hacer pensar que pueda constituirse en algo así como la voz de la América latina oprimida. Veremos en que queda la cosa, pero tiene trabajo que hacer pq hay muchos temas que abordar

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Half of Argentina is very Mestizo actually. Argentine Mestizos are not very Catholic thought, given most of them are Peronistas.

He is as representative as someone like Maradona would be. I don't see why he makes a big deal. He is supposed to represent "Catholics" and not just "Mestizos" or "Latin Americans" or whatever. Many Latin Americans have other different beliefs.

I dont make a big deal. Im also not against the new Pope or hate Whites. I just try to say it is not a big deal really, because nothing extraordinary happened, the Pope is White and even italian as most of the time in history.

RussiaPrussia
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM

non european? hes still white. From all latin american country they chose the most european. Dont masturbate too much on it :P

Gauthier
03-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Plenty of Mestizos. Argentina also has the biggest concentration of Jews (sephardis and ashkenazis) in South America.

Armand_Duval
03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I dont make a big deal. Im also not against the new Pope or hate Whites. I just try to say it is not a big deal really, because nothing extraordinary happened, the Pope is White and even italian as most of the time in history.

So what?.... loads of latin americans are white and mayoritarly white...what's the big deal about it.

Latin America unlike africa has a very important white population portion. Latin America is not such as africa where 95% of its population is color people.... I dont know why Pope being latin american and white makes such big noise to some subltle troillish ppl.

RussiaPrussia
03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
man i cant believ they chose a non european :( shame on them

this is my new leader from now on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6N-SP-5VI

CelticBarcelona
03-14-2013, 04:39 PM

You forgot the most loved argentine:Leo Messi.

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
man i cant believ they chose a non european :( shame on them

Kyril is as corrupt as it gets.
If you want to get real inspiration, try the Greek or Serbian Orthodox Church. The Russian one has accepted too much money from Putin to be considered a valuable moral standard.

Mortimer
03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
So what?.... loads of latin americans are white and mayoritarly white...what's the big deal about it.

Latin America unlike africa has a very important white population portion. Latin America is not such as africa where 95% of its population is color people.... I dont know why Pope being latin american and white makes such big noise to some subltle troillish ppl.

it doesnt make big noise to me, and it is not a big deal to me. i just think it is not a big deal in roman-catholic history

RussiaPrussia
Kyril is as corrupt as it gets.
If you want to get real inspiration, try the Greek or Serbian Orthodox Church. The Russian one has accepted too much money from Putin to be considered a valuable moral standard.

he punished pussy riot, in the rest of europe that wouldnt be punished. Also i meant power, hes the second most pwerfull religious leader in the world after the pope period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuYFgTJzhww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtvOd1cKm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDPpNpBAe4

Armand_Duval
Dios es Argentino..... Ahora tambien El Papa Lo es... "Maradona".

No es justo, los argentinos ya tienen demasiado: Maradona, Messi, Gradel, el Asado, los vinos de Mendoza y ahora hasta el Papa.:)

Armand_Duval
03-14-2013, 04:51 PM
he punished pussy riot, in the rest of europe that wouldnt be punished

He did right tho... Pussy Riot is such a terrible group, they only pollute the enviroment with that awful shitty noise....what they play cant be called music...:thumb001:

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
he punished pussy riot, in the rest of europe that wouldnt be punished. Also i meant power, hes the second most pwerfull religious leader in the world after the pope period.

Hmmm ok...
If that is the case, then why care about the Pope in the first place?

Russia is Orthodox and Prussia is Lutheran. Doesn't seem like you have a lot of connections to Catholicism to begin with :p

I'm quite dissapointed with this Pope (being a cultural Catholic), and I'm everyday more certain that Eastern Orthodoxy might be the best choice I have left. So...who knows, I may end up converting to the religion of Greeks, Serbs and Russians :)

I know my girlfriend would like that.

BLUEU
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
The pope is an Argentine, as simple as that, he was born and raised in Argentina not in Italy.

RussiaPrussia
03-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Hmmm ok...
If that is the case, then why care about the Pope in the first place?

Russia is Orthodox and Prussia is Lutheran. Doesn't seem like you have a lot of connections to Catholicism to begin with :p

I'm quite dissapointed with this Pope (being a cultural Catholic), and I'm everyday more certain that Eastern Orthodoxy might be the best choice I have left. So...who knows, I may end up converting to the religion of Greeks, Serbs and Russians :)

I know my girlfriend would like that.

I care because he might is leader for catholicism but people see him also as Representative of all Christianity. Him being non european but from south america will let him care more about the new world instead of the old one i have the feel. South america doesnt need more christianity its not in danger like europe or the middle east where christians are persecuted. To be honest i really hoped that the pope would be an arab like from lebanon and syria.
So he would concentrate more against islamisation in europe and prosecution against christians in the middle east. And yes i recommend converting to orthodoxy because its a more cultural religion instead being just a religion.

Baluarte
03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I care because he might is leader for catholicism but people see him also as Representative of all Christianity. Him being non european but from south america will let him care more about the new world instead of the old one i have the feel. South america doesnt need more christianity its not in danger like europe or the middle east where christians are persecuted. To be honest i really hoped that the pope would be an arab like from lebanon and syria.
So he would concentrate more against islamisation in europe and prosecution against christians in the middle east. And yes i recommend converting to orthodoxy because its a more cultural religion instead being just a religion.

I was hoping for Italian Angelo Scola who is a traditionalist close to Benedict XVI, a true European from Mediterranean/Latin Europe (the source of my identity).

Oh well, guess Malachie was right when he said this pope would be the last one. The Church really betrayed its identity here.

Guess I better hurry up and finish learning Russian so I can convert.

Anthropologique
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Plenty of Mestizos. Argentina also has the biggest concentration of Jews (sephardis and ashkenazis) in South America.

Indeed. Full whites are barely 50% of the population in Argentina, from what I can tell. Some of these South American countries pathologically push their whiteness, especially Chile. The whitest country in S. America is Uruguay.

Armand_Duval
03-14-2013, 05:28 PM

Do we?...

LA NACIONALIDAD DE LOS PAPAS
Desde San Pedro hasta Juan Pablo II ha habido 264 papas
legítimamente elegidos en la Historia de la Iglesia Católica. De ellos 212
han sido italianos y de los 52 restantes, 17 fueron franceses, once
griegos, seis sirios, cinco alemanes, tres españoles, tres africanos, dos
de la antigua Dalmacia, un portugués, un inglés, un holandés, un
cretense y un polaco.

pinguino
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM

Who cares about a bunch of genes carried for poor immigrants that escaped an evil Europe of the past? He is Argentinean!

pinguino
03-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Do we?...

Yes, you too.

riverman
03-15-2013, 02:09 AM
there is a american race amerindians and latin america is blend of both worlds and someone of mixed ancestries represents the diversity better

Not necessarily lol

pinguino
03-15-2013, 02:11 AM
Not necessarily lol

Look who is talking. An pale man ruled by a superior Negro.

riverman
03-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Look who is talking. An pale man ruled by a superior Negro.

You're an idiot.

pinguino
03-15-2013, 02:27 AM
You're an idiot.

Maybe. But you are still a mediocre paleface ruled by a smart Negro.

riverman
03-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Maybe. But you are still a mediocre paleface ruled by a smart Negro.

So you hate Americans, great, country jealousy is not a good quality

pinguino
03-15-2013, 02:37 AM
So you hate Americans, great, country jealousy is not a good quality

I don't hate "Americans". I am talking about the low class racist people of the U.S., that are a small minority, and that still are ruled by a Negro.

By the way, everybody that lives in the Americas is an American. You people should invent yourself a name instead of stealing the one that belong to the whole region.

riverman
03-15-2013, 02:39 AM
I don't hate "Americans". I am talking about the low class racist people of the U.S., that are a small minority, and that still are ruled by a Negro.

By the way, everybody that lives in the Americas is an American. You people should invent yourself a name instead of stealing the one that belong to the whole region.

I don't hate black people, freak.

No, your region sucks so it doesn't matter

pinguino
03-15-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't hate black people, freak.

No, your region sucks so it doesn't matter

And yours is falling apart, hypocrites.

http://libwiki.mcmaster.ca/geog3ur3/uploads/Detroit/unhealthy.jpg

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
03-15-2013, 03:07 AM
I thought the pope is italian :P

his dad is from italy, he is first generation Italian-Argentinean

So yeah, I guess he is technically Argentine

Carlito's Way
03-17-2013, 09:27 PM
i am not argentinean, i am mexican so change your title

Incal
03-19-2013, 07:10 AM

Not really, Latin America is not Europe or the US's deep south. Any Latin American represents well Latin America.

Though I stopped caring about religion a lot time ago I think it's an accurate decision: If Catholicism is still alive it's mostly thanks to Latin America. I also like the fact he's a Jesuit and not one of those Opus Dei or related kind of fags.