PDA

View Full Version : What is your Beauty Regime

YellowRose
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
I am just curious to know what others do to keep their face, mind and body beautiful, refreshed and revitalized. Do any of you have any traditions that you do that were passed down to you from relatives?

Žołnir
03-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I dont have any hence my skin is always fucked up.

Arbërori
03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Well, I'm a guy, so my regime includes food tasty as hell, working out & ''beauty'' sleep. :lol: Maybe some of the girls here can help you out? :)

Kazimiera
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Wrong forum sweetheart.
I think you could find a far more effective alternative in communities oriented towards your goal.

I'm sure a nice American lady like yourself will feel more at home there than here.

I disagree. She can talk about whatever she wants. This is the Health and Lifestyle section and it is appropriate.

To answer the question:

Don't laugh, but I wash my face with a women's liquid hygiene soap. lol. It has a higher concentration of lactic acid but is yet very gentle on the skin. I use it every day and have no need to exfoliate because it cleans so well.

For a moisturizer I use Regim-A B Complex Daily Radiance cream. It is very rich and I like it because I live in a harsh climate and it gives my skin enough moisture and protection. It costs a bomb but a tube lasts me about 6 months.

https://secure.dianenivern.com/productimages/regima%20B%20complex%20day%20cream.jpg

Queen B
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Face:
• Brush my teeth at least morning and night (some times in the middle of the day) and floss once.
• Put moisturizing cream every morning, before applying make up
• Wear sunscreen if its daytime, as well.
• When I return home, remove most of make up with baby-wipe, and then clean my face with a mild foam/soap
• Scrub once per 10 days, mask 1 or 2 per week.
• Before sleeping, wash face again, apply rose water as a lotion (gives radiance) and apply/massage with rose oil my face (gives hydratation, elasticity and makes skin soft), plus applying castor oil to my eyebrows and lashes, to make them richer.

I have never had acne, so, i don't have a routine about that. But I have sensitive/dry skin.

These might look like a pain in the ass to follow, but I saw huge difference on my skin once I started following a routine like this.

Kazimiera
03-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Face:
• Brush my teeth at least morning and night (some times in the middle of the day) and floss once.
• Put moisturizing cream every morning, before applying make up
• Wear sunscreen if its daytime, as well.
• When I return home, remove most of make up with baby-wipe, and then clean my face with a mild foam/soap
• Scrub once per 10 days, mask 1 or 2 per week.
• Before sleeping, wash face again, apply rose water as a lotion (gives radiance) and apply/massage with rose oil my face (gives hydratation, elasticity and makes skin soft), plus applying castor oil to my eyebrows and lashes, to make them richer.

I have never had acne, so, i don't have a routine about that. But I have sensitive/dry skin.

These might look like a pain in the ass to follow, but I saw huge difference on my skin once I started following a routine like this.

It sounds like a recipe for cake! Add rosewater and castor oil, bake for 30 minutes until crisp. Serve with a topping of whipped cream and a strawberry. :D

Queen B
03-14-2013, 06:31 PM
It sounds like a recipe for cake! Add rosewater and castor oil, bake for 30 minutes until crisp. Serve with a topping of whipped cream and a strawberry. :D
Hahha, kinda true.
Once I tried them, I fell in love. Rose water is making my skin glow, and is very fresh.
Castor oil is very thick, but using it overnight, is not bothering me. And it really helps.
The most amazing though is the rose oil, which smells beautifully, and litterally changes your skin.

Farah
03-14-2013, 06:49 PM
For the face, I try to use natural things as much as possible. I mix yogurt with honey, or honey with lemon juice, and use that as a cleanser (and I still use bioderma's sebium gel cleanser as an extra because it's soap-free). Rosewater is great for the skin, as dandelion mentioned, as well as olive oil; they're natural moisturizers. :) I use a gel-based Nivea moisturizer too sometimes, just as an extra too. All these things are very light if you have sensitive skin.

I try to stay as makeup-free as possible to keep my skin "breathing" freely but that's a personal preference ofcourse. Hmm what else, coconut oil & castor oil are indeed the best for nourishing the hair (which is why Indian women tend to have such healthy hair). For the body, I found Jergens to be the best moisturizer, especially when it includes aloe vera.

Queen B
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
For the face, I try to use natural things as much as possible. I mix yogurt with honey, or honey with lemon juice, and use that as a cleanser (and I still use bioderma's sebium gel cleanser as an extra because it's soap-free).
They are great, if you add quacker flakes, for mask :) Removes the redness.

Kazimiera
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh, and I am 100% make-up free. It's so much hassle to get it on and equal hassle to get it off again.

YellowRose
03-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you all for the replies! I have enjoyed reading some very interesting things and some that I would like to try!

I have never really heard of rose water, but it is definitely something I would like to try.

For the most part I am makeup free, I really do not wear it often except for on a special occasion (which is rare) :)

My beauty regime is very simple:

I shower daily, but once a week I will spend an hour or two, soaking in a steaming hot bubble bath with my oils and aroma therapy candles. That is where I will do all my pampering and exfoliating :) I let my hair sit in a deep conditioning wrap, and apply a facial mask while I let my mind and body relax.

Anytime I get out of water, I apply coco butter lotion. I apply it to my face as well.

I wash my face every morning and evening, and I never wear makeup to bed.

I am a very simple girl :)

The Alchemist
03-16-2013, 03:02 PM
What is basic for me is:
1) healthy food - if one day i eat shit, it won't happen the next days
2) i don't smoke at all and i drink moderately alchool
3) i play sport as more often than possible
The result is that i look about 5 years younger than my real age and i have an elastic body.
Plus, i avoid too much sun exposure, in summer i expose myself only after 4 p.m., i don't want to look 10 years older and burned.

derLowe
03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
I am just curious to know what others do to keep their face, mind and body beautiful, refreshed and revitalized. Do any of you have any traditions that you do that were passed down to you from relatives?

Bacon is good for your lips.