PDA

View Full Version : Merkel warns Hungary to listen to its ‘friends’

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Posted on 16 March 2013
President of the Republic János Adér met German Chanc-ellor Angela Merkel on Tuesday during a two-day visit to Berlin where she criticised the Fourth Amendment to Hungary’s new Constitution pushed through by the ruling Fidesz party the previous day despite calls for a reconsideration from the EU, Council of Europe and civil and human rights organisations.
Merkel told Áder that Hungary should take seriously the concerns expressed by European partners and friends, a German government spokesman said.
Earlier Áder had met Germany’s Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle for what the latter’s office described as an “open and at times contentious exchange of views”. Westerwelle is one of four EU foreign ministers that recently called for new sanctions to be made available to put pressure on member states who fail to abide by European law and democratic principles (see analysis on the bottom of page 2). Meanwhile, the speaker of the Bavarian parliament, Barbara Stamm, cancelled in protest a scheduled meeting with her Hungarian counterpart, Fidesz politician László Kövér.
Áder the last hope
The president of the republic has the power to return legislation to the national assembly for reconsideration, so Áder is the last hope of critics who want the Fourth Amendment blocked. He was a career Fidesz politician until he handed in his membership card on being nominated as head of state last year by his long-time associate PM Viktor Orbán. Germany is the most important investor in Hungarian industry and its largest trading partner.

-------------------

Not really surprising. Let me remind everyone that Angela Merkel is a member of the B'nai B'rith

Corvus
03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
LOL "listen to its friend", what a nice metaphor, Hungary is doing the right thing, ignoring the EU and emphasizing their own strength,
I think the only logical next step would be to volunarily exit this desperate club.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
LOL "listen to its friend", what a nice metaphor, Hungary is doing the right thing, ignoring the EU and emphasizing their own strength,
I think the only logical next step would be to volunarily exit this desperate club.

I agree. Brussels is increasingly hungry for power (remember the new stability treaty) and it's clear it will not stop at anything to impose itself over Member States.

All the support to Hungary!

Corvus
03-16-2013, 12:13 PM
I agree. Brussels is increasingly hungry for power (remember the new stability treaty) and it's clear it will not stop at anything to impose itself over Member States.

All the support to Hungary!

The EU is an anonymous institution controlled by lobbyist who just want one thing: enforcing neoliberalism and reducing the autonomy of all member states. Thats the only agenda

Skomand
03-16-2013, 12:37 PM
A few protagonists

Cohn-Bendit in the EU Parliament on Hungary, he is German, but speaks French here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HEoRVWNY0

Cohn-Bendit as a 68er in a very revealing appearance on French TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P7UKzSTwgQ

Nigel Farage (UKIP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpPIHSmncQ4

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I like Farage, he is not perfect but points the finger very accurately in a whole lot of issues.

And about Dany le Rouge.... that guy is a weasel. Probably the worst (yes, I mean it) the worst politician that exists in France. And this is actually a remarkable success considering how terribly and irreparably BAD politics are in this country.
He's a Jew willing to give its life for Zion, and the antinational tyranny of the EU. He is also a well-known pedophile.

In any healthy country, he would be hung from a gibet and left for vultures to feast on.

Cern
03-16-2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HEoRVWNY0

this guy is a clown...

Géza
03-17-2013, 07:20 PM
A few protagonists

Cohn-Bendit in the EU Parliament on Hungary, he is German, but speaks French here

He is not German nor French... In Hungary use to circle some urban legend about Merkel's mother from Poland... The EU was not a bad idea or a wider Union with the USA and the Commonwealth's states! It would be a world wide European community! But the contemporary leadership of the EU is not for the people and not by the people...