PDA

View Full Version : Christian Man in Syria tied by his feet and dragged from a car by Islamic rebels

MarkyMark
03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MBIORrnh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WfdSqFHh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iBH1FK2h.jpg

Religion of Peace, eh?

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1aewrl/this_man_was_tied_up_by_his_feet_and_dragged_from/

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 08:32 PM
And these are the pack of beasts that Laurent Fabius and William Hague want to finance and arm directly? :picard1:

Hey Anglojew, come here and explain to us how we need to defend freedom by funding Salafi terrorists.

baraSYR
03-16-2013, 09:52 PM
You can find every kind of exceptions in human groups so these fanatic do not present Islam.. this is logic.

Leliana
03-16-2013, 10:52 PM
That was just a first impression of what will happen with Syria if the terrorists win and Assad loses. The Islamic desert rats will ruin that country and brutality/Sharia will be in force.

Everywhere Islam goes, a sea of blood and countless corpses are leading the path.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 10:56 PM
That was just a first impression of what will happen with Syria if the terrorists win and Assad loses. The Islamic desert rats will ruin that country and brutality/Sharia will be in force.

Everywhere Islam goes, a sea of blood and countless corpses are leading the path.

You know Leliana, you're certainly not a dumb lady, and for what counts, I've seen you have the right principles.
So, I just recommend you that you do not generalize and instead try to be quite subtle and accurate in your reasoning. That way you'll be a very admirable user and I'll have a great time reading you :)

Islam =/= Salafism

Philo
03-16-2013, 10:58 PM
You know Leliana, you're certainly not a dumb lady, and for what counts, I've seen you have the right principles.
So, I just recommend you that you do not generalize and instead try to be quite subtle and accurate in your reasoning. That way you'll be a very admirable user and I'll have a great time reading you :)

Islam =/= Salafism
LOL. As if Shia Islam is better. It's equally bad.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 10:59 PM

Sunni =/= Salafism.

I had to study Islam for 1 year to barely understand how complex that culture is. Do yourself a favour and don't opine before at least checking wiki articles :)

Philo
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Sunni =/= Salafism.

I had to study Islam for 1 year to barely understand how complex that culture is. Do yourself a favour and don't opine before at least checking wiki articles :)
I checked wiki before I wrote that:

A Salafi (Arabic: سلفي‎) is a Muslim who emphasises the Salaf ("predecessors" or "ancestors"), the earliest Muslims, as model examples of Islamic practice.[1] The term has been in use since the Middle Ages but today refers especially to a follower of a modern Sunni Islamic movement known as Salafiyyah or Salafism, which is related to or includes Wahhabism (a name which some of its proponents consider derogatory, preferring the term Salafism), so that the two terms are often viewed as synonymous.
So it's not exactly the same but it's part of Sunni Islam.

Arbërori
03-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Oh my God... The ones that did this should be burned alive, this is absolutely horrible.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 11:07 PM
I checked wiki before I wrote that:

So it's not exactly the same but it's part of Sunni Islam.

Yes, that's better. You did not generalise and properly called things by its name. Well done

See, the terrorists that are ravaging Syria right now serve first and foremost money and their own ambitions, but regarding their theological beliefs, they are either Wahhabists that have "stolen" more or less the title Salafist, or alternatively, Takfirists (although these ones are less influential).

Even average Sunnis fear them, Shia despite them and all the other denominations are very wary of them. Think of Chechnya for example, the traditional Sufi population had opposed Russia for mostly political reasons. Ever since the Gulf monarchies started to funnel money into the Caucasus, Salafism has been on the rise and the Sufis are more and more persecuted. (Sufis are the muslim branch I get along with the best).

If you go back to Wahhabism, you'll see it's a fairly new movement (XVIII century) that only took force once the Al-Saud spoused their radical militant thinking, and backed it with the petrodollars coming from America and the West.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 11:15 PM

Assad is an Alawite, a denomation that could be broadly grouped with Islam. Don't you see the incoherence of condemning Islam while supporting him?

Kemalisté
03-16-2013, 11:24 PM
The topic seems to have been opened to attack a specific religion rather than sharing the pain of this guy or the terrible mindset of the terrorists in Syria, typical xenophobic bullshit, not gonna be an instrument to it.

Baluarte
03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
The topic seems to have been opened to attack a specific religion rather than sharing the pain of this guy or the terrible mindset of the terrorists in Syria, typical xenophobic bullshit, not gonna be an instrument to it.

Don't think so, Marky is a Syrian, would be dumb to open a topic to attack his own country.

No, the derailing of the topic comes from the latent Islamophobia of some users here, either by delusion of level 1 nationalists or by the natural hatred Zionists have for muslims.

Leliana
03-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Assad is an Alawite, a denomation that could be broadly grouped with Islam. Don't you see the incoherence of condemning Islam while supporting him?
Lower Evil > Larger Evil. But both are evil.

P-Chan
03-17-2013, 01:45 AM
It's scary that European countries are supporting rebels, it happened the same with Lybia and Egypt. We are causing the rise of Islamic regimes in Northern Africa and Middle East.

randomguy1235
03-17-2013, 02:25 AM

Quit your hypocrisy. If that same individual were to immigrate to Germany, regardless of whether he was Christian or not, you'd deem him a parasite who needs to be deported back to Syria. You couldn't care less about this individual since he isn't European

Philo
03-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Yes, that's better. You did not generalise and properly called things by its name. Well done
LOL, even before I just said:

So I never said that salafi-sunna.

See, the terrorists that are ravaging Syria right now serve first and foremost money and their own ambitions, but regarding their theological beliefs, they are either Wahhabists that have "stolen" more or less the title Salafist, or alternatively, Takfirists (although these ones are less influential).
Yep, they're Al-Qaeda or related to AQ.

Even average Sunnis fear them, Shia despite them and all the other denominations are very wary of them. Think of Chechnya for example, the traditional Sufi population had opposed Russia for mostly political reasons. Ever since the Gulf monarchies started to funnel money into the Caucasus, Salafism has been on the rise and the Sufis are more and more persecuted. (Sufis are the muslim branch I get along with the best).
LOL I wonder how much that branch Sufism is really "non-violent". Everything is relative, as they say.

If you go back to Wahhabism, you'll see it's a fairly new movement (XVIII century) that only took force once the Al-Saud spoused their radical militant thinking, and backed it with the petrodollars coming from America and the West.
OK.

Don't think so, Marky is a Syrian, would be dumb to open a topic to attack his own country.

No, the derailing of the topic comes from the latent Islamophobia of some users here, either by delusion of level 1 nationalists or by the natural hatred Zionists have for muslims.
As if we should be loving people who would gladly murder us and take our property:picard2:

baraSYR
03-17-2013, 08:56 AM

So much hatred, wow... :(

Baluarte
03-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Hmm, so Alawites, who are not know for emigrating en masse to Europe, who are not known for engaging in sectarian violence are also evil, because of their broad (I remind you that Alawites are very syncretic) pairing to Islam?

You're quite manichean you know. Will not help you in a world filled with Catholic traitors and one hundred shades of grey regarding politics.

MarkyMark
03-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Maybe my message was a bit blurred. "The religion of peace" comment I made was just that I was mad at what happened. I know that all Muslims don't do this, the Alawites and moderate Sunni's definitely don't, but its not like I'm going to ignore a large part of the Sunni population being intolerant towards Christians. Anyways the message was, "We shouldn't be supporting the rebels because they are Wahabi Salafist Jihadists."

Quit your hypocrisy. If that same individual were to immigrate to Germany, regardless of whether he was Christian or not, you'd deem him a parasite who needs to be deported back to Syria. You couldn't care less about this individual since he isn't European

You bring up a good point but I really don't care if Leliana hates me, all I care is that people hate Wahabis and recognize the Syrian rebels as Wahabis. Also, the only places in Europe I would move to are Italy and Greece (after their economy recovers), however I do recognize America as a nation of immigrants which is why I don't see a contradiction in me living here.

Pontios
03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
And these are the people that come to Europe, and the same people we are trying to kick out of my country and we are called racists for trying to kick them out of our country.

Dandelion
04-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Islam =/= Salafism

Still at the end of the day there isn't any branch of Islam I can identify myself with. There are just branches I deem less worse, like some qur'anists, ahmadis or alawis. If they are given power, however, they probably will also be felt like religious fascists in my perception.

I believe muslim individuals can be good people, but I never hide the fact it's their entire religion I have a problem with.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-21-2014, 01:09 AM
It's all bad because there's no spirituality to it. It's basically cult that ties you down to earthly slavery.

SobieskisavedEurope
04-21-2014, 01:15 AM
To think that the U.S.A is supporting these scumbags!

Dál Riata
05-05-2014, 05:16 PM

Salafism is true Islam. Muhammad was a warlord and a terrorist who carried out ethnic cleansing and murdered anyone he considered a heretic or traitor. Muhammad would execute 90% of today's Muslims.

Any form of Islam more moderate than Salafism is not true Islam, more moderate Muslims have been influenced by non-Islamic religions and philosophies.

I don't regard Alawites as true Muslims. They have a lot of Christian influence and other philosophies in their beliefs. I support Alawites in their struggle for survival against the true Islamic Salafists.