PDA

View Full Version : Where are the 1,500 men from the VRS Drina Corps?

Loki
03-17-2013, 02:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Late on 9 July 1995, emboldened by early successes and little resistance from the largely demilitarised Bosniaks as well as the absence of any significant reaction from the international community, the President of the Republika Srpska, Radovan Karadžić, issued a new order authorising the 1,500-strong VRS Drina Corps to capture the town of Srebrenica.

It is these men who committed the unspeakable crimes that you can read about in the link above. Too gruesome for me to repeat.

I think it's a shame that only high-rankers like Karadžić were taken in to stand trial. Why is there no hunt to identify those 1,500, in the same fashion than Nazi soldiers involved in massacres were?

Zmey Gorynych
03-17-2013, 03:08 PM
It is these men who committed the unspeakable crimes that you can read about in the link above. Too gruesome for me to repeat.
Would you like to torture them sick bastards !? ;)

Loki
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Would you like to torture them sick bastards !? ;)

No, I'm not like them.

Zmey Gorynych
03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
No, I'm not like them.
Come on ! I know you want to :D On a serious note, I don't know if you ever heard of Filipovic case !? It's a about a serbian soldier who was ordered to execute prisoners. When he refused to do it his commander put a gun to his head and said that if he doesn't shoot the prisoners, he will shoot him. Filipovic shot the prisoners and eventually was put on trial but acquitted. It was judged as a case of self-defense. Would you say that this was a fair decision !?
How economically feasible would be such an action !? Can you imagine the amount of work that would go into this !? How will they convict simple soldiers when they can't prove the culpability of presidents and generals and have to wait for them to die. God knows I would also die if I'd have to see Carla del Ponte's face every single day :)

Loki
03-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Come on ! I know you want to :D On a serious note, I don't know if you ever heard of Filipovic case !? It's a about a serbian soldier who was ordered to execute prisoners. When he refused to do it his commander put a gun to his head and said that if he doesn't shoot the prisoners, he will shoot him. Filipovic shot the prisoners and eventually was put on trial but acquitted. It was judged as a case of self-defense. Would you say that this was a fair decision !?

Very interesting! No I haven't heard of it before. I'm not to judge since he has already been put on trial.

How economically feasible would be such an action !? Can you imagine the amount of work that would go into this !? How will they convict simple soldiers when they can't prove the culpability of presidents and generals and have to wait for them to die. God knows I would also die if I'd have to see Carla del Ponte's face every single day :)

Economically feasible? Sometimes money is not all that matters. This was the worst crime committed on European soil since the Second World War, and it happened only 18 years ago. Breivik is not a patch against this massacre. Many Bosniak men and boys hung themselves in order to prevent their noses and ears cut off before being killed.

Hurrem sultana
03-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I recommend this documentary,its called "a cry from the grave",its about Srebrenica and what happened,really sad :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fliw801iX84