PDA

View Full Version : Sarin gas: The deadly chemical weapon Syria might be ready to use

baraSYR
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Yesterday, a US official told NBC News that Syria has begun to mix the chemical components of sarin gas, and has loaded the deadly nerve agent into bombs on or near airfields.

The gas was developed in Germany in 1938 by two scientists who were trying to create a stronger pesticide. When its potential for chemical warfare was realized during WWII, Germany started mass-producing the gas, but ultimately decided not to use sarin against the Allied targets.

from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SrAvea8_-PU

MarkyMark
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Chemical Weapons were already used at 3 places: 1 place just north of Aleppo and 2 places in the suburbs of Damascus. No one knows who did it or how it was used. Both sides claims that the other side did it. If you look at it this way, any one in Assad's positions knows if you use the chemical weapons, the U.N is intervening and you lose the war. If you don't use the chemical weapons you still have a possibility of winning the war. With that in mind I don't think it was the government, rather Rebels trying to frame the government to finally end the war in their favor. This just seems as more rebel propaganda to support their attempts at ending the war.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1al38f/bbc_news_syrian_rebels_use_chemical_weapon/

baraSYR
03-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Chemical Weapons were already used at 3 places: 1 place just north of Aleppo and 2 places in the suburbs of Damascus. No one knows who did it or how it was used. Both sides claims that the other side did it. If you look at it this way, any one in Assad's positions knows if you use the chemical weapons, the U.N is intervening and you lose the war. If you don't use the chemical weapons you still have a possibility of winning the war. With that in mind I don't think it was the government, rather Rebels trying to frame the government to finally end the war in their favor. This just seems as more rebel propaganda to support their attempts at ending the war.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1al38f/bbc_news_syrian_rebels_use_chemical_weapon/

I know that some Opposition forces are doing some inhumane things like execution some soldiers and some Shabiha, but the Syrian Arab Army is also taking a big part in the planned destruction of Syria, How the opposition forces proclaim such a weapon of mass destruction like Sarin Gas that was used in Tokyo Attacks. I think the Syrian Regime is the responsible for this attack " if existed ".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mecu12Kays4

baraSYR
03-20-2013, 08:17 PM
I know that some Opposition forces are doing some inhumane things like execution some soldiers and some Shabiha, but the Syrian Arab Army is also taking a big part in the planned destruction of Syria, How the opposition forces proclaim such a weapon of mass destruction like Sarin Gas that was used in Tokyo Attacks. I think the Syrian Regime is the responsible for this attack " if existed ".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mecu12Kays4

I don't think rebels have Rocket artillery more than the Syrian Army.

MarkyMark
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
The rebels don't have much rocket artillery, but it isn't for sure how the chemical weapons were used. Also, what do you expect the regime to do? The rebels are hiding abandoned civilian apartments, near where civilians are. The regime's objective is to flush them out and bombing is the most effective way. The rebels objective is to stay in the cities where they have cover because they don't have the same type of equipment as the regime. With these two tactics it is bound that civilians are going to die, so they are both equally to blame for those deaths. On the other hand other civilians are getting killed based on sectarianism in which the blame is not equal.

baraSYR
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
The rebels don't have much rocket artillery, but it isn't for sure how the chemical weapons were used. Also, what do you expect the regime to do? The rebels are hiding abandoned civilian apartments, near where civilians are. The regime's objective is to flush them out and bombing is the most effective way. The rebels objective is to stay in the cities where they have cover because they don't have the same type of equipment as the regime. With these two tactics it is bound that civilians are going to die, so they are both equally to blame for those deaths. On the other hand other civilians are getting killed based on sectarianism in which the blame is not equal.

Following the killing of 10 Syrian Army soldiers at a checkpoint and the capture of 19 by the Free Syrian Army, during the night hours of 3 February and into the early hours of the following day, on the 30th anniversary of the Hama massacre, government forces began an artillery bombardment of Homs, particularly the Khaldiyeh neighborhood, with opposition activists claiming that it led to over 200 deaths.( from wikipedia ).
I see the bombard of Homs was for revenge more that for strategic gains, about the sectarianism in Syria, I had a palastinian sunni friend who left syria and his university in homs and he told me that they were going to have a lunch in Al-zahra Sect of homs and he said that neighbourhood is alawite ( all the other sunni neighbourhoods were closed ), they were stopped in checkpoint near the neighbourhood of Al-zahra and were told by sunni soldier to return because any sunni entered the neighbourhood killed. I think the regime is the real engine of hate in syria beside Al-nusra front.

Graham
03-21-2013, 09:26 AM
The US should back off, look at Iraq 10 years back & now.

Grenzland
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
of course... :rolleyes: