PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Cello
08-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Greetings from Austria. This is my first forum, and I'm not very knowledgeable about how the conduct should be here, but I'll try to write a few word about myself.

First about my ancestry... is Slavic, however I am from Austria as well as my family which have been here for many generations. I don't speak or understand Slavic languages only German which is my native, and of course English (with mistakes :(). I consider myself Austrian and Austria my country.

My politics views... is a sensitive subject. I am patriot but not a racist in any way, I hope that is not a problem. I am against new immigrants in Austria because they refuse to adapt to speak our language, but aside that Austria is a melange of many ethnicities if you know from the Austrian Empire. Slavics, Hungarians, Romanians, and of course the Germanics majority. I dislike racism and especially neonazis and skinheads.

I have interest in the vast European culture which is the prime reason I joined this place. You could call me a cultural patriot over all. I like music, art, ethnology, history, many subjects.

Any more questions just ask. So I hope to enjoy here.

Germanicus
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM
A very warm welcome to you....:thumbs up

This is a very easy going and friendly community, i know you will enjoy it here ...

Tolleson
08-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. :wavey001:

Loki
08-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Welcome Cello! :) I hope that you will enjoy the forum with us.

My politics views... is a sensitive subject. I am patriot but not a racist in any way, I hope that is not a problem.

Far from being a problem, I think that is the whole idea behind this forum -- i.e. a preservationist attitude and interest, without the customary racist baggage.

I dislike racism and especially neonazis and skinheads.

So do I. :)

Poltergeist
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Hello!

Atlas
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Same here don't care for nazis and skinheads, doesn't matter if it's your first forum you'll learn copy and paste, how to embed videos, post images etc everyday from now on. So welcome. :)

Tansy
08-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Cello! It's nice to have you here. I think you'll fit right in -- the Apricity is rather open-minded as far as preservationist forums go (I'm fairly new, but this is the general feeling I've gotten so far). :) I know that there are some Slavic enclaves in Burgenland. May I ask if that is where your ancestry hails from?

Äike
08-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome to The Apricity.

Fortis in Arduis
08-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Um, we had a skinhead here, and have we not had some nazis too?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Germanicus
08-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Same here don't care for nazis and skinheads, doesn't matter if it's your first forum you'll learn copy and paste, how to embed videos, post images etc everyday from now on. So welcome. :)

Heh heh.. it took me ages to learn to copy and paste, Mrs Germanicus nearly gave up on me...but i do pay her handsomely....:thumbs up

Absinthe
08-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome!! :)

Cello
08-23-2009, 08:09 PM
My ancestry is Slovenian, from Carinthia and Styria, but I am located in Vienna.

I'm glad the feelings about skinheads are shared here. I've seen some other places but I was left with some bitter taste, because it seemed to be more about foreigners than European discussion. I'm not into white nationalism myself.

Well I hope I fit in. Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

PS I like this thanks button, very original. I haven't seen it at the other places.

Frigga
08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

RoyBatty
08-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Welcome Cello :)

Skandi
08-23-2009, 08:35 PM
My ancestry is Slovenian, from Carinthia and Styria, but I am located in Vienna.

I'm glad the feelings about skinheads are shared here. I've seen some other places but I was left with some bitter taste, because it seemed to be more about foreigners than European discussion. I'm not into white nationalism myself.

Well I hope I fit in. Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

PS I like this thanks button, very original. I haven't seen it at the other places.

There will be threads that you don't agree with, there are threads that I don't agree with. It is interesting to see other views, although I would certainly like it if we could shift the Nazi label that is applied to anyone who wishes to preserve, their race and culture, it's not as if we wish to kill everybody who is different! Anyway, welcome to the Apricity I hope you enjoy your stay.

HawkR
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome:D

Vulpix
08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Hello :wavey001:!

Hrafn
08-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Welcome !!!!

Jarl
08-23-2009, 10:11 PM
:) Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Lady L
08-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Welcome Cello :wave

Psychonaut
08-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Howdy!

Guapo
08-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello doll.

sturmwalkure
08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello Cello and welcome to the Apricity. :wavey001: Austria has long been one of my favorite European countries. :)

Aemma
08-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Welcome here Cello. I absolutely love your avatar. Is this you playing that beautiful instrument? :)

Great introduction btw and thank you. You'll fit in just fine from what I see. :)

Just a wee bit about skinheads...not all skinheads are created equally eh? :) Some even play the cello (as you'll eventually find out :D) and love European culture and are well read and intellectual and love to garden and are not into racism or white supremacist ideology at all. :) Just something to keep in mind as you get to know us all. :)

I think you're a lovely addition to our group already Cello. :) Please do enjoy yourself here. :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

WinterMoon
08-24-2009, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Cello
08-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Hello, I will answer your quesstions now.

Yes, I have a Slavic surname.

On the thing about the land between Austria and Slovenia I don't have a strong opinion, but I wouldn't like seeing Europeans fighting each other about that when we have bigger problems.

The avatar isn't me. I just searched a picture to put beneath my name as everyone has one so I looked for a cellist.

asulf
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Welcome Violoncelle
Beyond our different visions and the respective memberships, we communicate with respect to the listening to others, we enrich our particularities of our regional cultures in our ancestral home in Europe.
I obviously not forgotten our brothers and sisters across the Atlantic and all over the world wide attached to their European roots
So take a seat, instale you comfortably there something to read and share here

ps: for those who have followed my adventures this language translator seems to me to finally correct my prose

asulf (satisfied with his spectacular good in english lol)

The Lawspeaker
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Welcome the Apricity, Cello. You are our second Austrian I think ?
We have a Tirolian here as well, albeit not very active and always hiding in Scotland.:)