PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Chinese description of HUNS is same as Romans decription

ButlerKing
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I wonder why nobody ever posted this, it's obvious Huns and Xiongnu are related.

Hsiung-Nu portrayed by the Chinese:

They are short,with a stocky body and a very large round head,broad face,prominent cheekbones,wide nostrils,a fairly bushy mustache and no beard except for a tuft of stiff hair on the chin;their long ears are pierced and adorned with a ring.The head is usually shaved,except for a tuft on top.The eyebrows are thick,the eyes almond-shaped with a very fiery pupil.They wear a loose robe to the calf,split at the sides and gathered in by a girdle whose ends hang down in front.Because of the cold the sleeves are gathered in tightly at the wrists.A short fur cape covers their shoulders,and they have wide trousers strapped in at the ankle.The sheat of the bow hangs from the belt in front of the left thigh.The quiver,also suspended from the belt,hangs across the small of the back,the barbs of the arrows to the right.
(Wieger translation)

Some details of this dress are common to Huns and Hsiung-Nu.

Now compare Huns of Europe

Jordanes, a Goth writing in Italy in 551, a century after the collapse of the Hunnic Empire, describes the Huns as a "savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human, and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech."

"They made their foes flee in horror because their swarthy aspect was fearful, and they had, if I may call it so, a sort of shapeless lump, not a head, with pin-holes rather than eyes. Their hardihood is evident in their wild appearance, and they are beings who are cruel to their children on the very day they are born. For they cut the cheeks of the males with a sword, so that before they receive the nourishment of milk they must learn to endure wounds. Hence they grow old beardless and their young men are without comeliness, because a face furrowed by the sword spoils by its scars the natural beauty of a beard. They are short in stature, quick in bodily movement, alert horsemen, broad shouldered, ready in the use of bow and arrow, and have firm-set necks which are ever erect in pride. Though they live in the form of men, they have the cruelty of wild beasts.

ButlerKing
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry Hungarians, but neither the Xiongnu or Huns are your ancestors.

Also one cannot claim to be Huns and scythian descent when Alans were described as tall and handsome.

alfieb
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
The Hungarians have already found out where they come from - Kazakhstan. The Magyars are Madjars.

Anglojew
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I wonder why nobody ever posted this, it's obvious Huns and Xiongnu are related.

Hsiung-Nu portrayed by the Chinese:

They are short,with a stocky body and a very large round head,broad face,prominent cheekbones,wide nostrils,a fairly bushy mustache and no beard except for a tuft of stiff hair on the chin;their long ears are pierced and adorned with a ring.The head is usually shaved,except for a tuft on top.The eyebrows are thick,the eyes almond-shaped with a very fiery pupil.They wear a loose robe to the calf,split at the sides and gathered in by a girdle whose ends hang down in front.Because of the cold the sleeves are gathered in tightly at the wrists.A short fur cape covers their shoulders,and they have wide trousers strapped in at the ankle.The sheat of the bow hangs from the belt in front of the left thigh.The quiver,also suspended from the belt,hangs across the small of the back,the barbs of the arrows to the right.
(Wieger translation)

Some details of this dress are common to Huns and Hsiung-Nu.

Now compare Huns of Europe

Jordanes, a Goth writing in Italy in 551, a century after the collapse of the Hunnic Empire, describes the Huns as a "savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human, and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech."

"They made their foes flee in horror because their swarthy aspect was fearful, and they had, if I may call it so, a sort of shapeless lump, not a head, with pin-holes rather than eyes. Their hardihood is evident in their wild appearance, and they are beings who are cruel to their children on the very day they are born. For they cut the cheeks of the males with a sword, so that before they receive the nourishment of milk they must learn to endure wounds. Hence they grow old beardless and their young men are without comeliness, because a face furrowed by the sword spoils by its scars the natural beauty of a beard. They are short in stature, quick in bodily movement, alert horsemen, broad shouldered, ready in the use of bow and arrow, and have firm-set necks which are ever erect in pride. Though they live in the form of men, they have the cruelty of wild beasts.

I'm sorry Hungarians, but neither the Xiongnu or Huns are your ancestors.

Also one cannot claim to be Huns and scythian descent when Alans were described as tall and handsome.

Huns, Turks and Mongols were all similar tribes from the same region.

ButlerKing
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
The Hungarians have already found out where they come from - Kazakhstan. The Magyars are Madjars.

Oh....they are a lot greedy than that, every Hungarian member I debated had claimed Scythians and Huns as their ancestors but description of those two contradict each other.

I wonder which ancestors Hungarians would chose between those two.

alfieb
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh....there a lot greedy than that, every Hungarian member I debated had claimed Scythians and Huns as their ancestors but description of those two contradict each other.

I wonder which ancestors Hungarians would chose between those two.

Everyone claims Scythians. It's kind-of the thing to do nowadays.

The Polacks are the worst about it.

ButlerKing
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Everyone claims Scythians. It's kind-of the thing to do nowadays.

The Polacks are the worst about it.

But the thing about Hungarians is they claim every ancient nomadic tribe from central Asia as theirs, Alans, Scythians, Bulgars, Magyars, Huns, Xiongnu. Isn't that a little too greedy?

riverman
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean the Hungarians are Chinese. Not sure what the supposed implication of the thread is

ButlerKing
03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean the Hungarians are Chinese. Not sure what the supposed implication of the thread is

I never said they were Chinese, that decription I posted was about the Xiongnu who the Hungarians claim as their ancestors but are Mongoloid people (and also most likely ancestors of Huns ), but also claiming Huns, Scythians and other Central Asian Iranic history and empires as their own at the same time. But the description of those two completely contradict eachother, scythians description was the opposite. Just how are they going to claim both of them are Turanic when they contradict eachothers description completely?

Here is Xiongnu ( possibly ancestors of Huns )

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3461/14buxit.jpg

Scythians

http://belgorod-dnestrovskiy.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/car-skilur.jpg

riverman
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
^ Yeah I gotcha. I know it's like some theories are all over the place, and when I suggested that Hungarians were descended from huns I got resistance too.:confused:

ButlerKing
03-26-2013, 03:37 AM
Hey Hungarians, who do you claim as your ancestors?

rashka
03-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Mongolians and Chinese Hans look the same to me. I wonder how their languages developed differently yet they almost have the same tone.

ButlerKing
03-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Mongolians and Chinese Hans look the same to me. I wonder how their languages developed differently yet they almost have the same tone.

Careful a mongolian may kill you for saying other.

They rather call brothers of the Yakuts and Buryats in Central Asia Siberia

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4867084061_bc25f86070_o.jpg

nelopj
03-26-2013, 12:34 PM

The kazahstani Madjars are most likely related to the old Magyars. That means the hungarians aren't related nor to the old Magyars nor to the modern Madjars, because the Madjars are turkik and the old Magyars were turkik, while hungarians are finno-ugrics.

Look at the pic, guess the kazahstani madjar and guess the hungarian, and repeat that kazahstani bullshit..

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3900/zspannonolimp22resizesc4.jpg