PDA

View Full Version : Pope Washes Muslim Serb prisoner's feet

Scholarios
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
While popes have for centuries washed the feet of the faithful on the day before Good Friday, never before had a pontiff washed the feet of a woman. That one of the female inmates at the prison in Rome was also a Serbian Muslim was also a break with tradition.
“There is no better way to show his service for the smallest, for the least fortunate,” said Gaetano Greco, a local chaplain.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02522/Pope-Feet-2_2522628c.jpg

Pope Francis washed the feet of 12 inmates aged 14 to 21, among them the two women, the second of whom was an Italian Catholic. Mr Greco said he hoped the ritual would be “a positive sign in their lives”.
Catholic traditionalists are likely to be riled by the inclusion of women in the ceremony because of the belief that all of Jesus’ disciples were male.

The pontiff, who has largely disregarded protocol since his election earlier this month, urged his fellow clerics before the ceremony to prioritise the poor.
“We need to go out to the outskirts where there is suffering, bloodshed, blindness that longs for sight, and prisoners in thrall to many evil masters,” he said at a mass in St Peter’s Basilica.
“It is not in soul-searching or constant introspection that we encounter the Lord.”
Francis, the first leader of the Catholic Church from Latin America, led a mass with a mixed group of young offenders at the Casal del Marmo prison outside of Rome.
The 76-year-old, who was archbishop of Buenos Aires until chosen as pope, has already made a name for himself as a champion of the disadvantaged. In his homeland of Argentina he was known for his strong social advocacy, working in slums and shunning the lavish lifestyle adopted by some senior clerics. He lived in a small flat near the cathedral, flew to the Rome conclave in economy class, and chose to travel with his fellow cardinals by minibus rather than in the papal limousine.
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio - as Pope Francis was previously known - had already washed and kissed the feet of women in past ceremonies in Argentinian jails, hospitals and old people's homes, including pregnant mothers and AIDS patients.
Before performing the traditional feet washing, in his first general audience on Wednesday, Francis called on the world’s 1.2 billion Catholics to reach out to “lost sheep” over the coming days.
“Holy Week challenges us to step outside ourselves so as to attend to the needs of others: those who long for a sympathetic ear, those in need of comfort or help,” Francis told thousands of faithful gathered in St Peter’s Square.
On Good Friday, Francis will recite the Passion of Christ – the story of the last hours of Jesus’s life – in St Peter’s Basilica, before presiding over the Via Crucis ceremony by the Colosseum, where thousands of Christians are believed to have been martyred in Roman times.
While last year his predecessor, 85-year-old Pope Benedict, presided over celebrations from under a canopy next to the Colosseum, Francis is expected to take part in the procession and even carry the wooden cross on his shoulder for part of the way.
On Saturday, the pontiff will take part in an evening Easter vigil in St Peter’s Basilica, and on Easter Sunday the he will celebrate Easter mass in front of tens of thousands of pilgrims in St Peter’s Square and then pronounce the traditional “Urbi et Orbi” blessing to Rome and the world.
Also on Thursday, the Pope made his first appointment of a bishop, naming Mario Poli, 66, to succeed him as archbishop of Buenos Aires and the top churchman in Argentina.
Francis also put his first people on the path to sainthood, unveiling a list of 63 people including victims of the Spanish Civil War, Nazism and Communism. The largest number are considered martyrs of faith killed during the 1931-45 conflict in Spain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9960168/Pope-washes-feet-of-young-Muslim-woman-prisoner-in-unprecedented-twist-on-Maundy-Thursday.html

Baluarte
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Said it before.

Pope Francis will break all the Catholic traditions that survived Vatican II.

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
thats sick

Methmatician
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm assuming this Serbian Muslim is now a Serbian Catholic :D

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm assuming this Serbian Muslim is now a Serbian Catholic :D

why ? he did not go there to convert the serbs

and its a prison :D

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 01:09 PM
and how about the kids he washed and kissed? :D

pedophilic associations,,cant blame the people :D

Bosnjakinja
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Whats your problem with the pope Luna seriously :lol: This is like the 10th thread about him that you troll :p

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Whats your problem with the pope Luna seriously :lol: This is like the 10th thread about him that you troll :p

REALLY? post me 2 of those threads
dont remeber i talked about pope,except before the elections

mr. logan
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
The populist Pope. All the heads of governments are being gradually turned to populism worldwide. Misery should be expected in the cities.

Mraz
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
http://a401.idata.over-blog.com/300x200/1/06/49/61/ecclesiastique/Francois-1er/Pape-pied.jpg

Looks like a gypsie

Baluarte
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
The populist Pope. All the heads of governments are being gradually turned to populism worldwide. Misery should be expected in the cities.

Thank you for pointing this out. Very true.

Leliana
03-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Pope Benedikt, why did you retire? :(

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 02:26 PM
hahaha poor leliana

Vasconcelos
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
I think it's nice of him, shows he cares for believers and non-believers alike, just like he cares for both women and men equally.

Hayalet
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
What's up with this practice, is it supposed to be some sort of token of humility?

Twistedmind
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
It is Gypsy. There is no Muslim Serbs. Anyway washing feet of non Christians is wierd. Christ washed feet of His risciples and this ritual was reminescence of that event. But washing feet of those who dont believe in Christ is strange. Besides, Luna why dont you love this its according your ideas lol.

MarkyMark
03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
It's good to see someone acting like a real christian.

http://www.lifecoachingforchristianwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/jesus_washes_the_disciples_feet1.jpg

Hurrem sultana
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
There is no Muslim Serb

there are muslim serbs,according to the cesus

Hayalet
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Why did Jesus wash people's feet?

adsız
03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Foot fetishism.

Twistedmind
03-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Lesson of humidity. But He washed feet of His Apostles. Not of random people. Luna according Census there ate Jedis in Serbia. Its not argument.

Mortimer
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Lesson of humidity. But He washed feet of His Apostles. Not of random people. Luna according Census there ate Jedis in Serbia. Its not argument.

why shouldnt there be muslim serbs, if you convert to Islam arent you a muslim serb? whats with all those serbs from bosnia and serbia who converted during Ottoman times to Islam like mehmed pasa Sokolovic (the famous Ottoman Wesir)? He was a Serb no? Serbs are quiete proud of him, saying he achieved lots of in Ottoman empire

Hess
03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
What's wrong with the pope illustrating humility for Catholics worldwide just as did Jesus for his Apostles?
I think he's setting a good example.

Twistedmind
03-29-2013, 02:56 PM
why shouldnt there be muslim serbs, if you convert to Islam arent you a muslim serb? whats with all those serbs from bosnia and serbia who converted during Ottoman times to Islam like mehmed pasa Sokolovic (the famous Ottoman Wesir)? He was a Serb no? Serbs are quiete proud of him, saying he achieved lots of in Ottoman empire

Well he never denied his Serbdom. But today situation is different. Muslims of Serbian ancestry embrace new identity with new religion. They usualy become Bosniaks. Kusturica and similar people are usually atheists or converts to Orthodoxy. Lpt of thongs shanged since Middle ages

Mortimer
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Well he never denied his Serbdom. But today situation is different. Muslims of Serbian ancestry embrace new identity with new religion. They usualy become Bosniaks. Kusturica and similar people are usually atheists or converts to Orthodoxy. Lpt of thongs shanged since Middle ages

if someone on the census writes he is a muslim serb he doesnt denie his serbdom. there are definitely muslim serbs

Hoca
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
The dark side is strong with him.

Zmey Gorynych
03-29-2013, 02:58 PM
I see people wonder why the pope kissed the feet of a muslim gypsy !? Well, Francis of Assisi is the patron saint of all animals :D

Hayalet
03-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Pope Benedikt, why did you retire? :(
Let's refresh our memory:

http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/religiousimages/M012_PrayingAtMosque.jpg

Barefoot and facing Mecca, Benedict joined the Muslim mufti in prayer - AP photo

First, he went to the mosque.

Second, before entering it, he removed his shoes.

Third, he humbly received “instruction” from Mustafa Cagrici on the basics of Muslim prayer.

Fourth, he meekly followed the Muslim’s command to turn toward “the Kiblah” – the direction of Mecca. Then the prayer began.

Fifth, he did not even make the Sign of the Cross or give any external sign that he was making a Catholic prayer. On the contrary, he imitated the mufti, crossing his hands on his stomach in a classical Muslim prayer attitude known as “the posture of tranquility.” Eyes closed, they prayed together for several minutes.

Benedict XVI took off his shoes, went into a mosque and prayed like the Muslims toward Mecca. He is absolutely and without a doubt an apostate.

St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, Pt. I-II, Q. 103., A. 4: “All ceremonies are professions of faith, in which the interior worship of God consists. Now man can make profession of his inward faith, by deeds as well as by words: and in either profession, if he make a false declaration, he sins mortally.”

St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, Pt. II, Q. 12, A. 1, Obj. 2: “… if anyone were to… worship at the tomb of Mahomet, he would be deemed an apostate.”

St. Thomas says that one who worships at the tomb of Mahomet is to be deemed an apostate; praying in a mosque, and toward Mecca like the Muslims, is much worse. That’s why no pope in history ever even went into a mosque; they all knew that to even go there would be to signify the acceptance of the false religion.

Not that there was any doubt about the issue before this week, but now the debate about whether Benedict XVI is the pope is utterly and completely over for anyone familiar with these facts and in possession of a modicum of good will. Tell your friends and relatives: the Chair of St. Peter is vacant; Benedict XVI is an antipope.

Anyone who continues to assert, in the face of these facts, that Antipope Benedict XVI is a Catholic, is an enemy of the Catholic Church, an enemy of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and an enemy of the Papacy. Organizations, writers, priests, papers, etc., which obstinately continue to recognize this apostate as a Catholic pope, should not be given the slightest respect from any Catholic; for they are enemies of the Lord. All those who think they are Catholics or traditional Catholics, who fail to denounce Benedict XVI as a non-Catholic antipope after this most recent action, will receive no reward for all their works and efforts except eternal fire. Unless they denounce this apostate antipope they are complicit by their silence to the attempted merger of “Catholicism” with false religions.

Incal
03-30-2013, 03:12 AM
What's up with this practice, is it supposed to be some sort of token of humility?

Indeed. Nothing surprising since Francis is a Jesuit.

Kazimiera
03-30-2013, 03:19 AM
I like this new pope a lot. I have a feeling that he will achieve much in his time as Pope. :)

1stLightHorse
03-30-2013, 03:33 AM
I see people wonder why the pope kissed the feet of a muslim gypsy !? Well, Francis of Assisi is the patron saint of all animals :D

LOOL.

Philo
03-30-2013, 03:37 AM
EW. WTF?!
Weird..

Anglojew
03-30-2013, 03:43 AM
What's surprising is there's a Serbian Muslim, what's not is they're in jail.

Arbërori
03-30-2013, 03:46 AM
Weird, but a good deed. I like him, I had a good feeling about him anyways. :)

Incal
03-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Hahaha it's natural you guys are in awe since none of you is catholic and hence this is totally alien to you.

Kazimiera
03-30-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm a Catholic and will die as a Catholic, although not a very good one. And I don't think any amount of prayers to the Saints and special indulgences will keep me out of Dante's Inferno. My place is booked at Satan's table already. But that aside, I think the Catholic Church needs someone like this who sees the problems the Church is facing at this moment in time, and someone who will be strong enough to carry through his beliefs. I see a lot of staunch Catholics getting a bit peeved by him, but I also see a younger generation who might be drawn to Catholicism because of his manner of doing things. He leads by example, and that is right. He will bring people closer together in this way. Yes, I like the old man very much. I think he has his head screwed on right.

Incal
03-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Kazi:

http://skepticalprobe.blogspot.com/2013/03/pope-francis-ditches-bling.html

alfieb
03-30-2013, 05:55 AM
I like this new pope a lot. I have a feeling that he will achieve much in his time as Pope. :)
I think he already has, which is saying something.

rhiannon
03-30-2013, 06:23 AM
I guess if Christ did it, and the Pope is emulating him, that cannot be bad. I still can't make much sense of the symbolism surrounding washing feet, though.

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 06:29 AM
I guess if Christ did it, and the Pope is emulating him, that cannot be bad. I still can't make much sense of the symbolism surrounding washing feet, though.
It was guest of hospitality in Ancient times, especialy in places with dry climate like Ancient Judea and Gelielea. Good host would provide water for his huests, or sometimes, if that was honourable person, would personaly washed their feet.
As person of great authority, Teacher, Christ could expect His diciples to wash His feet, but He personaly washed their feet to learn them about humidity. That is symbolism :)

Many Christian groups practice rite based on this New Testament Story, Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Orienatal Orthodox and so on. It was don on Good Thursday, or Maundy Thursday, as it is known in English. For example Bihop is washing feet of twelwe priests, or Patriarch of tweleve bishops.

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 07:19 AM

Sug I wasn't to post anything because I'm officially retired, :laugh: but I think as both born, raised Catholic and educated in Catholic school and a Buddhist by choice I am uniquely qualified :P to answer your question. This has nothing to do with symbolism, as both Christ and Buddha stressed selfishness is the main reason of all that's not good in a man. Serving others is an antidote to selfishness. Doing things that make ego grow smaller is crucial to spiritual development. In other words selfishness is like a glass of muddy water, there is no clarity, service to others is the factor that settles the mud down and clears the water.

He is doing what any holy man is suppose to do. He leads by example. Those who tell you otherwise don't know shit about spirituality. :P

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Sug I wasn't to post anything because I'm officially retired, :laugh: but I think as both born, raised Catholic and educated in Catholic school and a Buddhist by choice I am uniquely qualified :P to answer your question. This has nothing to do with symbolism, as both Christ and Buddha stressed selfishness is the main reason of all that's not good in a man. Serving others is an antidote to selfishness. Doing things that make ego grow smaller is crucial to spiritual development. In other words selfishness is like a glass of muddy water, there is no clarity, service to others is the factor that settles the mud down and clears the water.

Thats moral teaching behind symbolic act, so we have symbolism :P :tongue :p

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Thats moral teaching behind symbolic act, so we have symbolism :P :tongue :p

You are my Slavic bro so I'm not gonna argue with you. :P

Besides it's late and I'm still at work, I'm gonna get a cup of coffee and grab a smoke, it's past midnight already. :laugh:

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 07:33 AM
You are my Slavic bro so I'm not gonna argue with you. :P

Besides it's late and I'm still at work, I'm gonna get a cup of coffee and grab a smoke, it's past midnight already. :laugh:

Cool we could have coffe together, it' half past eight here. With suggar or cream?

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Cool we could have coffe together, it' half past eight here. With suggar or cream?

I like it pitch black just like my women. :laugh:

Dacul
03-30-2013, 08:00 AM
This pope is doing these gestures to be seen by people.
So people are praising him.
God Jesus Christ washed the feet of His Apostles but not in the middle of the town central square,lol,as this pope did.

Arbërori
03-30-2013, 08:07 AM
He is cleansing the guy of his sins. :lol:

1stLightHorse
03-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Weak and disgusting.
I hope you all realise now why i made that other Christianity thread. There is still time for you to leave this spineless religion.
Look ahead toward light and strength and leave a trail of broken crucifixes.

Incal
03-30-2013, 12:47 PM
LOL it's funny that on this day and age, many Apricity members still try to compete on religious basis. Just like in the middle ages :loco:

Musso
03-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Great humility.

xajapa
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
As a sign of humility and service.

Hayalet
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
As a sign of humility and service.
A humble god sounds a little paradoxical though.

alfieb
03-30-2013, 04:56 PM
To someone from a Muslim background, yes.

Jesus was humble, so to us, pride is a sin, the meek will inherit the Earth, and he who was last on Earth will be first in Heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins#Pride
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-5.htm
http://bible.cc/matthew/20-16.htm

Hayalet
03-30-2013, 05:03 PM
To someone from a Muslim background, yes.

Jesus was humble, so to us, pride is a sin, the meek will inherit the Earth, and he who was last on Earth will be first in Heaven.
Don't mistake me, humility is an admirable quality in a man. I'm only saying it doesn't fit the attributes (omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience etc.) associated with the notion of god.

Loki
03-30-2013, 05:06 PM
thats sick

Why? It's a sign of humility and respect. Or, perhaps this pope has a foot fetish :p

alfieb
03-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't mistake me, humility is an admirable quality in a man. I'm only saying it doesn't fit the attributes (omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience etc.) associated with the notion of god.
Indeed, and that is why our Catholic faith is quite further away from mainstream Judaism than Sunni Islam is.

The Jewish view of God is as a jealous dictator, and Muhammad adapted that to his followers rather well.

Loki
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM

Why? One with true power would be humble and not feel the need to boast or brag or misuse his power. IMO.

Hayalet
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Why? One with true power would be humble and not feel the need to boast or brag or misuse his power. IMO.
God is, by definition, omnipotent and infallible, so humility seems irrelevant.

Philo
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
The Jewish view of God is as a jealous dictator, and Muhammad adapted that to his followers rather well.

At leasy we did'nt invent hell for political purposes:rolleyes:

Wadaad
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
http://a401.idata.over-blog.com/300x200/1/06/49/61/ecclesiastique/Francois-1er/Pape-pied.jpg

Hahaha this is ridicilous masochism

Loki
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
God is, by definition, omnipotent and infallible, so humility seems irrelevant.

But wait a minute: the Christian God is not humble at all. Jesus washed people's feet as a man, as an example to us.

Wadaad
03-30-2013, 05:35 PM

He is doing what any holy man is suppose to do. He leads by example. Those who tell you otherwise don't know shit about spirituality. :P

So if the pope went to toilets with a piece of Toilet Paper and wiped all the asses he could find...its also a 'holy act' because he is serving others?

AHAHAHAHA

alfieb
03-30-2013, 05:43 PM
At leasy we did'nt invent hell for political purposes:rolleyes:
No, you invented God. :picard1:

(using your logic)

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 05:58 PM
So if the pope went to toilets with a piece of Toilet Paper and wiped all the asses he could find...its also a 'holy act' because he is serving others?

AHAHAHAHA

You are not the sharpest tool in a shed are you? :laugh:

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM

That is absolutally correct. But undeveloped minds can not grasp that idea, they are not ready yet. You can't ask 2 year old to fix you BMW! :laugh:

Philo
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM
No, you invented God. :picard1:

(using your logic)
The truth of the matter is, the first person who ever came with the concept of mono-theism was not an Israelite, but a Pharaoh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten
http://www.suneagle1.com/images/aten.jpg

alfieb
03-30-2013, 06:10 PM
The truth of the matter is, the first person who ever came with the concept of mono-theism was not an Israelite, but a Pharaoh:

But their God was not YHWH. Jews "invented" YHWH (still following the logic that we invented hell).

Philo
03-30-2013, 06:16 PM
But their God was not YHWH. Jews "invented" YHWH (still following the logic that we invented hell).

YHWH is just a semitic name given to the "one god".

The archaeological evidence suggests that the Israelites arose peacefully and internally in the highlands of Canaan[12] - in the words of archaeologist William Dever, "most of those who came to call themselves Israelites ... were or had been indigenous Canaanites."[13] What distinguished Israel from other emerging Iron Age Canaanite societies was the belief in Yahweh as the national god, rather than, for example, Chemosh, the god of Moab, or Milcom, the god of the Ammonites.[14]

Several pieces of evidence have led scholars to the conclusion that El was the original "god of Israel" - for example, the word "Israel" is based on the name of El rather than on that of Yahweh.[15] El was the head of the Canaanite pantheon, with Asherah as his consort and Baal and other deities making up the pantheon.[16] Yahweh probably originated as a warrior-god in the region of Edom and Midian, south of Judah, and was introduced into the northern and central highlands by southern tribes such as the Kenites; Karel Van Der Toorn has suggested that his rise to prominence in Israel was due to the influence of Saul, Israel's first king, who was of Edomite background.[17] In any event, he became identified with El to such an extent that El's name became a generic word meaning simply "god"; Asherah became Yahweh's consort, while Yahweh and Baal at first co-existed and later competed.
So you saying that we invented YHWH is like me saying Arabs invented Allah. Both are semitic names for a one god. And indeed "El" is related to "Allah" and it means god. That's just the naming.

Incal
03-30-2013, 06:38 PM

That's why there is an Old Testament and a New Testament. The Old one has depicted God that way but in the New Testament Jesus preached a different concept of God.

Hayalet
03-30-2013, 06:56 PM
That's why there is an Old Testament and a New Testament. The Old one has depicted God that way but in the New Testament Jesus preached a different concept of God.
The New Testament god is still omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. He is just less wrathful.

Loki
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
The New Testament god is still omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. He is just less wrathful.

Yes, or in other words less butthurt than the god of the OT. :)

xajapa
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Why? It's a sign of humility and respect. Or, perhaps this pope has a foot fetish :p
No. The foot washing practice has been a part of the Holy Thursday service since the beginning of Christianity. They do it in every Catholic Church on Holy Thursday. It is part of that service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_washing

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 08:38 PM
But wait a minute: the Christian God is not humble at all. Jesus washed people's feet as a man, as an example to us.

How so? Christ, God Son accepted to incarnate in human body. Its humidity par exellance. Apostol Pault wrote about such Kenosis of God.

Wadaad
03-30-2013, 10:18 PM
You are not the sharpest tool in a shed are you? :laugh:

Whats the difference between my example and what the pope is doing then...;)

alfieb
03-30-2013, 10:20 PM

What the Pope did was repeat the actions of Jesus in commemoration of Holy Week.

arcticwolf
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM

You have no idea what you don't even get, do you?
Don't worry little dude, you are not ready yet to comprehend at that level, but don't give up it wll come in due time. :laugh:

xajapa
03-30-2013, 10:24 PM
What the Pope did was repeat the actions of Jesus in commemoration of Holy Week.
Exactly. It is nothing new. What is different in this case is the status of the recipients.

ALSh
03-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Muslim Serb :confused:

Aren't they Bosniacs ?

Wadaad
03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
You have no idea what you don't even get, do you?
Don't worry little dude, you are not ready yet to comprehend at that level, but don't give up it wll come in due time. :laugh:

You're threatened by my analogy therefore comfort yourself by using condescending language towards me...

you sir, are transparent :thumb001:

riverman
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Muslim Serb :confused:

Aren't they Bosniacs ?

No did you read the thread? Apparently there are muslim serbs also. pretty cool.

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
No did you read the thread? Apparently there are muslim serbs also. pretty cool.

Lol. Apparently they are not. It's Gypsy from Serbia anyway.

Hurrem sultana
03-30-2013, 10:43 PM

There are converts ,as in the case where a 80 year old woman in Serbia converted to islam..pretty cool :D

alfieb
03-30-2013, 10:44 PM
So basically, the Pope is giving more action to IM's cousin than IM himself has ever gotten from a woman?

Twistedmind
03-30-2013, 10:44 PM
There are converts ,as in the case where a 80 year old woman in Serbia converted to islam..pretty cool :D

Does that woman continue to declare herself as Serb? I dont think so.

So basically, the Pope is giving more action to IM's cousin than IM himself has ever gotten from a woman?

I dont think that person is related to IM. IM is Eastern Orthodox.

Wadaad
03-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Apparently there are muslim serbs also. pretty cool.

Thought they were called Bosnians?

Arent Bosnians more or less Muslim Serbs?

alfieb
03-30-2013, 10:57 PM
I dont think that person is related to IM. IM is Eastern Orthodox.
Surely all Serb gypsies are related. The Rromanies inbred as hell.

Mraz
03-30-2013, 10:57 PM

A Bosnian can be either Orthodox Serb, Catholic Croat or Bosniak Muslim.
It's a regional name, not an ethnicity.

Hurrem sultana
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Does that woman continue to declare herself as Serb? I dont think so.

i dont know
but i know one that is still proud serbian,but more muslim than me or any bosnian i know..she lives in usa

Hurrem sultana
03-30-2013, 10:59 PM

read more

Loki
03-31-2013, 12:25 AM

I guess if the Muslim Serb was in Bosnia, he'd be called a Bosniak. And in Serbia, I don't know ...

Scholarios
03-31-2013, 05:59 AM

Twisted, I only wrote Serb because it's what the article said. Usually, I'd assume the Western Press meant 'Bosniak". However, I was under the impression that a certain amount of Muslims in Sandzak region consider themselves proud Serbs and also Muslims. Is that correct? That's who I assumed this person was...

Twistedmind
03-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Twisted, I only wrote Serb because it's what the article said. Usually, I'd assume the Western Press meant 'Bosniak".
I didnt want to make impression I am hurt or anything. Just by looking at this person, you see he does not look like Serb, or Bosniak, since two groups are overlaping in highest degree. :) Well, in past there were Muslims who in same time cherished their Serbdom, but today its motly impossible, due to various historic development, something similar to situation in Greece. :)

However, I was under the impression that a certain amount of Muslims in Sandzak region consider themselves proud Serbs and also Muslims. Is that correct? That's who I assumed this person was...
No, they consider themselves Bosniaks. Some of them do consider to be Serbs, but they are mostly not religious, and as I said, in some point they even convert Orthodoxy. :)

Scholarios
03-31-2013, 06:39 AM
I didnt want to make impression I am hurt or anything. Just by looking at this person, you see he does not look like Serb, or Bosniak, since two groups are overlaping in highest degree. :) Well, in past there were Muslims who in same time cherished their Serbdom, but today its motly impossible, due to various historic development, something similar to situation in Greece. :)

No, they consider themselves Bosniaks. Some of them do consider to be Serbs, but they are mostly not religious, and as I said, in some point they even convert Orthodoxy. :)

thanks for the information. :Don wikipedia i saw sandzak region as serbs, bosniaks and another group that are "ethnic muslims". who is it? like muslims in greece who are slavs, turks, greeks, and gypsies?

riverman
03-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Arbërori
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
thanks for the information. :Don wikipedia i saw sandzak region as serbs, bosniaks and another group that are "ethnic muslims". who is it? like muslims in greece who are slavs, turks, greeks, and gypsies?

Part of Sandzak used to be Albanians, but now they're mostly assimilated, but I do believe that ethnic muslim goes out for Montenegrin Muslims, I'm not sure. :D

Hesperión
03-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Pope Benedikt, why did you retire? :(Ratzinger, like Wojtyla before, was one of the experts that supported the coup d'etat known as Vatican II, organised by the gang known as the "fathers of the Rhine", a number of cardinals and archbishops from Austria, Germany, The Netherlands and Northern France. Bergoglio is on the path initiated by this gang (the path of destruction), which had the modernist theologian Karl Rahner as its ideologist.

A few weeks ago I went for the last time to church. There was a new parish priest. The Holy Mass –for some reason they still call it by that name– had lost any trace of the sacred. I could have been at a celebration of evangelicals and wouldn't have noticed the difference.

I suppose that there are no reasons left why German (and their associates) Catholics and Protestants feel divided in their religion anymore.

Alexq
03-31-2013, 09:54 AM
I think Vatican using Islamization will destroy Othodoxy in the balkan, and then turn everyone into Catholics...

Graham
03-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Hope he didn't have Athletes Foot.

Methmatician
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM

Most Muslims in Sandžak consider themselves to be 'Bosniaks' or 'Slavic Muslims'. There are probably also 'Muslim Serbs', but I think they would exist in other parts of Serbia rather than Sandžak.

riverman
03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
sheesh washing a muslim serbs feet probably is the ultimate sign of humility

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Ratzinger, like Wojtyla before, was one of the experts that supported the coup d'etat known as Vatican II, organised by the gang known as the "fathers of the Rhine", a number of cardinals and archbishops from Austria, Germany, The Netherlands and Northern France. Bergoglio is on the path initiated by this gang (the path of destruction), which had the modernist theologian Karl Rahner as its ideologist.

A few weeks ago I went for the last time to church. There was a new parish priest. The Holy Mass –for some reason they still call it by that name– had lost any trace of the sacred. I could have been at a celebration of evangelicals and wouldn't have noticed the difference.

I suppose that there are no reasons left why German (and their associates) Catholics and Protestants feel divided in their religion anymore.

^^ Protestant feeling to Catholic mass was the very reason for which I abandoned this religion 10 years ago.

Hesperión
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
^^ Protestant feeling to Catholic mass was the very reason for which I abandoned this religion 10 years ago.I've lived through that before. Now I've tried to return to the Mother Church. But it's worse than before. There's nothing left of the Western Church. Why would anyone be surprised that the West is crumbling into pieces, if it lost it spiritual guidance to embrace materialist corruption?

Maybe it is coming the time for the rebirth of a Western Orthodox Church out of the ashes of the Catholic Church that rules the See of Rome vacant. Or worse, usurped.