PDA

View Full Version : Israel admits: Just 0.7% of West Bank allocated to Palestinians

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
In documents released on Thursday to the High Court of Justice, the Israeli government has admitted what Palestinians have been saying for decades: that the Israeli government has taken over 99.3% of the West Bank, allocating most of the land to illegal Israeli ‘Jewish only’ settlements.

The Israeli designation of 1.3 million acres of Palestinian land in the West Bank as ‘Israeli state land’ flies in the face of past Israeli claims that they are willing to negotiate in good faith with the Palestinians on the status of land in the West Bank.

The documents were released as part of a lawsuit filed by Israeli human rights group Yesh Din that challenged the construction of the illegal settlement of Hayovel on stolen Palestinian land. The Israeli government argues that the settlement and the road leading to it are on ‘uncultivated land’, and have declared that such lands are subject to takeover by the Israeli government.

After 1979, the Israeli government began widescale takeovers of Palestinian land using a law that passed in the Israeli Knesset authorizing the Israeli government to take over any Palestinian land that had not been cultivated in ten years.

A study by Israeli researcher Dror Etkes found that the Israeli government has used land surveys that are meant to determine which land is cultivated and which is not as a political tool to take over nearly all of the land in the West Bank.

His report stated that his findings “prove the claims that Palestinian landowners have been consistently presenting over the past few decades: Under the aegis of the broad declaration of lands as state lands, which includes almost a million dunams, Israel has taken over extensive cultivated areas, which were stolen from their owners through administrative decisions over which public and legal oversight is minimal, because they were supposedly not cultivated.”

In the recent case of the outpost of Derech Ha’avot, the largest Israeli outpost colony in the West Bank, the Israeli High Court ruled that the takeover of private Palestinian land by the Israeli settlers was acceptable, leading the lawyers for Yesh Din (the Israeli human rights group representing the Palestinian landowners) to declare;

“Not only is the state reconciling itself to the breaking of the law, but it is also ultimately granting the usurped land to the lawbreakers. It is particularly outrageous that all the state authorities joined forces to accept the breaking of the law and are now attempting to provide an umbrella of state support, rather than combating organized ideological crime that violates human rights on a daily and hourly basis.”

-------------------------------------------

No words for this......

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:07 PM
http://missionfalestine.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/313682_307851135894105_307712572574628_1283884_141 6597902_n.jpg

Philo
03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Bullshit. That's not possible if you simply look at the map. Again, dirty propaganda from Baluarte the obssesed troll.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Can you at least read the FIRST LINE of the article before commenting?

"In documents released on Thursday to the High Court of Justice, the Israeli government has admitted......"

Sikeliot
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
If this is true, it's not right. the Palestinians, as the aboriginal people of the land, deserve their fair share.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Why the "if this is true" doubts.?

The government of Tel Aviv admitted it itself, how much proof is needed after that?

Where are all the Zionist apologists? Leliana and her teenager Islamophobia, alfieb and his intellectual delusions, and all of you ignorant buffoons that consume Western mass media and lick jewish boots to get ahead in your careers?

asingh
03-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Even if true, I doubt it can undone.

Philo
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Can you at least read the FIRST LINE of the article before commenting?

"In documents released on Thursday to the High Court of Justice, the Israeli government has admitted......"

I saw that already. Does'nt mean anything still. Take a look at the map.

Why the "if this is true" doubts.?

The government of Tel Aviv admitted it itself, how much proof is needed after that?

Where are all the Zionist apologists? Leliana and her teenager Islamophobia, alfieb and his intellectual delusions, and all of you ignorant buffoons that consume Western mass media and lick jewish boots to get ahead in your careers?

LOL. Listen, even if we did rule the world, it's much better under our rule than under Muslim rule. Much, MUCH better.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
This map?

http://www.lislesurtarn.info/wp-content/uploads/palestine-carte-evolution.jpg

Graham
03-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Frankie Boyle:

"I've been studying Israeli Army Martial Arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back"

"People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well... that cake is being punched to pieces by a very angry Jew."

Philo
03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
This map?

LOL. Am I supposed to belive your sources?

Anyways, my bets are that you just tweaked the meaning of the hugh court of justice' words to your propaganda. There are way too many small villages and big cities in West Bank that belong to Arabs(not "Palestinians", Arabs) for them to have only 0.7%.

But anyway, it should just become Jordanian territory and case closed. They're the same people anyway.

BTW Your map is completely idiotic. Israel evacuated gaza in 2005. How come there's more Israeli presence in Gaza(in your map, that is) in 2011 than in 2005?
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Boyle:

"I've been studying Israeli Army Martial Arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back"

"People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well... that cake is being punched to pieces by a very angry Jew."
LOL. I thought only the Irish caught (a very severe case of) Arabophilia but maybe some Scots have it too. Oh well.

alfieb
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
No source given. Typical Mustafa.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
The map just takes over old sources, but it's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that at last the Israeli government admits what it has been doing for decades, and reveals a number that is beyond anything I would have imagined.

If you don't want to believe me, check it yourself:

http://www.imemc.org/article/65265

In French: http://www.france-palestine.org/Israel-l-admet-seulement-0-7-de-la

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 07:42 PM
No source given. Typical Mustafa.

And I guess copying and pasting the article title in Google is too hard.

alfieb
03-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Palestinian sources with no proof given. Where's a legitimate source from a respected Western media publication, if it's two-day-old news?

Philo
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
The map just takes over old sources, but it's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that at last the Israeli government admits what it has been doing for decades, and reveals a number that is beyond anything I would have imagined.

If you don't want to believe me, check it yourself:

http://www.imemc.org/article/65265

In French: http://www.france-palestine.org/Israel-l-admet-seulement-0-7-de-la

BTW Your map is completely idiotic. Israel evacuated gaza in 2005. How come there's more Israeli presence in Gaza(in your map, that is) in 2011 than in 2005?
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smaug
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
We got rid of EagleatHeart to get a Baularte...

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 08:41 PM

Don't even know who that guy is, but based on the level of your contributions, it doesn't seem like I should be caring too much.

alfieb
03-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Don't even know who that guy is, but based on the level of your contributions, it doesn't seem like I should be caring too much.
Your contributions seem to be to copypasta raghead Muzzie propaganda. They're the enemy, you know.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Your contributions seem to be to copypasta raghead Muzzie propaganda. They're the enemy, you know.

Makes sense, I hadn't realised I was in the dark side of the force, maybe if I apologise and lick a bit of israeli boots I'll be forgiven and be accepted in the team of the Naaaaizz people? Or is it too late?

Btw, thank you very much for derailing my topic.

alfieb
03-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Your own fault for not sourcing your Palestinian lies.

randomguy1235
03-30-2013, 08:46 PM

lol, we're the enemy? Why, might I ask?

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Can you prove they are false?

alfieb
03-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Can you prove they are false?
Can you find a real source? I could quote North Korean propaganda, but without valid neutral sources, the burden of proof suggests it's nonsense.

Because if there is ever going to be peace, it will come from Palestinian compromise rather than terrorism. Instead, Gazans elected terrorists to be their government.

Baluarte
03-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Frankie Boyle:

Crude but true and to the point. Thanks for stopping by Graham

Smaug
03-30-2013, 09:21 PM

The level of my contributions is utterly fine, and that seems to be a consensus among members. As for EagleatHeart, he is a former member of this board, who just like you, was into anti-Semite conspiracy theories, that were most of times unfundamented and verging on the ridiculous.

Anglojew
03-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Impossible. Pali's already control Areas a and b;

http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/files/IsPal%20Images/1995westbankabc.jpg

Herr Abubu
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
The level of my contributions is utterly fine, and that seems to be a consensus among members. As for EagleatHeart, he is a former member of this board, who just like you, was into anti-Semite conspiracy theories, that were most of times unfundamented and verging on the ridiculous.

I disagree, Baluarte is not among the biggest idiots on this forum. He is not a half-brained buffoon. No one argues better than him. His repertoir of arguments is diverse, and that's an understatement. He masters a vast array of arguments, including the argumentum ad hominem and the oft used argumentum ad jewinem. While it often may seem that absolutely everything he utteres is incoherrent, false and devoid of any meaning, it only seems so because you are inferior and cannot comprehend his genius. Uhtred, stop disagreeing with him and start contributing.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7487511610_07ae73f82d.jpg

dapork
03-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Well true or not we know that this has been happening more or less right?

Philo
03-31-2013, 07:23 AM

Why?
http://totallycoolpix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10092011_remembering_9_11/nyc_029.jpg

Yes. Whenever one antisemitic troll fucks off, another comes in his place.:(

Impossible. Pali's already control Areas a and b;

http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/files/IsPal%20Images/1995westbankabc.jpg

Yes. Bluarte is a fucking liar who posts bullshit maps. In this map Israel has less control over Gaza in2011 than 2005.

This map?

You were caught in the act you lying bastard.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Herod, do you have to insult in every single post?

I'm sure you can still think whatever you want to think without having to look like an angry anglo-teen.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
It seems the mass media took a little while to register this, but here you go alfieb, quoted from RT:
http://rt.com/news/land-palestinians-west-bank-110/

---------------------------------------------

Land grab: Israel gave less than 1% of seized West Bank to Palestinians

The Israeli government has reported that only 0.7 percent of Israeli ‘state land’ in the West Bank has been given to Palestinians over the past three decades; around 38 percent was allocated to Jewish settlements, according to new evidence.

The Civil Administration, the organization responsible for distribution of Israeli 'state land,' released evidence to the High Court of Justice showing that the land allocation process has become politicized, Haaretz reported.

Israeli state land in the West Bank consists of 1.3 million dunams (approximately 325,000 acres), the majority of which is being used to expand Jewish settlements.

The information came to light after a failed attempt by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and Bimkom (Planners for Planning Rights) to receive data from the Civil Administration on state lands in the West Bank, leading to a formal request for the court to intervene.

On March 28, the Civil Administration was ordered to reveal how out of 1.3 million dunams in the West Bank, the state still holds 671,000, while the World Zionist Organization was given 400,000 dunams, and another 103,000 were distributed between mobile communications companies and local governments for the construction of public buildings.

Other utilities companies received 12 percent of the state land, amounting to 160,000 dunams. In comparison, Palestinians received a total of 8,600 dunams (2,150 acres), or 0.7 percent of the region's state land.

‘State land’ allocation as a political tool
Many critics have argued that the land allocation process is unfair, and is being used to expand Israeli settlements.

“The data on allocations to the Palestinians, which the Civil Administration was forced to reveal, show [that] Israeli policy determines that ‘state lands’ in the West Bank are for the use of Israelis only − mainly settlers,” a researcher at Bimkom Nir Shalev told Haaretz.

According to researchers, the process to determine which lands become 'state lands' has become politicized and rigged since it was adopted in 1979 as a response to the unconstitutional state practice of seizing Palestinian land. Israel began using a new process to take over large areas of the West Bank as state land as a way to skirt an Israeli court ruling that prohibited seizing Palestinian land for 'military purposes.'

Israeli law states that any land under cultivation for at least 10 years becomes the property of the farmer, and cannot be seized by the state. The Civil Administration was initially tasked with investigating testimonies and aerial photos to determine which lands were being cultivated in order to establish which lands are private properties.

However, authorities began seizing parcels of private and unregistered Palestinian land, arguing it was ‘insufficiently cultivated.’

"But of course, the intention was to take as much land for settlements as possible," independent Israeli settlement expert Dror Etkes told The National.

There are multiple confirmed cases of incidents where cultivated Palestinian land was destroyed and seized as state land by authorities. In January, the Civil Administration in the Ofer Military Court acknowledged that the seizure decisions are indeed politically motivated, Haaretz reported.

A High Court case regarding the Hayovel outpost showed that in order to seize cultivated land that had a number of Palestinian houses on it, the government declared the area between cultivated parts as 'uncultivated,' and then listed it as state land. Palestinians petitioned against the decision, launching a seven-year legal battle.

“The official who decides on the declaration [of state land] is at the political level, the defense minister,” Gilad Palmon of the Civil Administration’s oversight unit told the court. Another representative, Yossi Segal, said that “the political echelon decides the size of the area.”

Researcher Dror Etkes argues that authorities pick and choose which territories to declare state land depending on their importance for Israeli settlement expansion, including regions near Susya, Tekoa, Ma’aleh Adumim and Kiryat Arba.

“The findings, which are a sampling, prove the claims that Palestinian landowners have been consistently presenting over the past few decades: Under the aegis of the broad declaration of lands as ‘state lands,’ which includes almost a million dunams,” Etkes told Haaretz. “Israel has taken over extensive cultivated areas, which were stolen from their owners through administrative decisions over which public and legal oversight is minimal, because they were supposedly not cultivated.”

The Ma’aleh Adumim area was partially cultivated in the 1970s, but in 2005 the entire region was seized as state land, and is now under settlement construction.

The international community considers Israeli’s control of the West Bank to be a military occupation. In July 2004, the International Court of Justice ruled that the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, is territory held by Israel under military occupation; Palestinian Arabs comprise more than 80 percent of the population in the area.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Nothing but silence now ^.^

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:22 PM
It seems the mass media took a little while to register this, but here you go alfieb, quoted from RT:
http://rt.com/news/land-palestinians-west-bank-110/

Russia Today. I said a Western source.

RT is the first Russian 24/7 English-language news channel which brings the Russian view on global news.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Now you don't believe Russian sources either?

It HAS to be Atlanticist Jew-friendly media?

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Palestine_recognition_only.svg/800px-Palestine_recognition_only.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/UN_Resolution_of_Palestine_as_Observer_State.svg/800px-UN_Resolution_of_Palestine_as_Observer_State.svg.p ng

So, yes. Russia is obviously opposed to Israel, and their media, under the repressive Kremlin diktat, have a history of printing blatant bullshit.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
The only thing those maps shows is the fact that aside from the Jewnited States of America, the European Union and the Anglo countries (and the puppet government in Colombia too >.<), the whole world recognises Palestine.

How on earth do you expect the AtlantoZionist friendly media to make public this kind of thing? It's like pretending I can find Chinese news that denounce the genocide of Tibet?

Russia is not an enemy of Israel per se. Putin has met several times with Israeli authorities and has a lot of Jews in his cabinet/government.
The affact he is anti-Atlanticist doesn't mean he is anti-Zionist.

Why question RT as a source when for years it has been respected and followed by people all over the globe?

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press_in_the_Russian_Federation

In 2010 Reporters Without Borders ranked Russia 140th out of 178 in the Press Freedom Index.

RF is a state agency. Russia is pro-Syria and pro-Iran.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
And now Haaretz (ISRAELI newspaper) has reported it:

Haaretz devotes part of its front page to an article showing that the division of state land in the West Bank heavily favors settlements. The article shows that 30% of state land in the West Bank was allocated for settlement development, while only 0.7% was given to Palestinians. The article looks all the way back to 1967, when Israel captured the territory, finding that most of the land was given to settlements after 1979. Aside from the 30% allocated to settlements, 11% was used for government buildings and industry, and 7% was designated for public buildings or given to cellular companies.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-eleventh-plague/

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Just 0.7% of state land in the West Bank has been allocated to Palestinians, Israel admits

Jewish settlements in West Bank have been allocated 38 percent of 1.3 million dunams of Israeli state land

Over the past 33 years the Civil Administration has allocated less than one percent of state land in the West Bank to Palestinians, compared to 38 percent to settlers, according to the agency’s own documents submitted to the High Court of Justice.

The full text is available for subscribers & registered users.
Click here to subscribe ($1 for the first 4 weeks)
register (free access for 10 stories a month) or login

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/just-0-7-of-state-land-in-the-west-bank-has-been-allocated-to-palestinians-israel-admits.premium-1.512126

Now that the whole issue of whether or not the information I'm showing is true or not, can we maybe try to legitimize the extermination of the Palestinians?

http://missionfalestine.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/313682_307851135894105_307712572574628_1283884_141 6597902_n.jpg

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:41 PM
State land. I don't see the issue?

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Check the last post of the previous page please

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Your original post:

In documents released on Thursday to the High Court of Justice, the Israeli government has admitted what Palestinians have been saying for decades: that the Israeli government has taken over 99.3% of the West Bank, allocating most of the land to illegal Israeli ‘Jewish only’ settlements.

The actual story:

Jewish settlements in West Bank have been allocated 38 percent of 1.3 million dunams of Israeli state land
Over the past 33 years the Civil Administration has allocated less than one percent of state land in the West Bank to Palestinians

Not the same at all.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:44 PM
First line of the Haaretz article:

Over the past 33 years the Civil Administration has allocated less than one percent of state land in the West Bank to Palestinians

What is the difference.

"Less than 1%" =/= 0.7% ?

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:48 PM
YAY MATH!!!!

1.3 million dunams of Israeli State Land = 1300km²
The West Bank = 5640km²

Your claim: 99% of the West Bank is occupied

Not even close to true. Your propaganda failed.

Baluarte
03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
And now compare that to the original partition plan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.svg

But noooo, of course Zion hasn't expanded. It must be because I'm a Muslim (xD) fanatic

alfieb
03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Irrelevant. Your original post isn't saying "Israel has expanded since 1967!" the context is "Look at the evil zionists! Less than 1% of the West Bank is in Palestinian hands!"

Because you believed anti-Israeli propaganda, you were willing to surrender your objectivity and believe an impossible figure, which turned out to be false.

Philo
03-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Herod, do you have to insult in every single post?

I'm sure you can still think whatever you want to think without having to look like an angry anglo-teen.
I just can't stand lies. They irritate me. Especially when they're about my people.

Russia Today. I said a Western source.

LOL. RT is one of the most anti-Israeli news agencies out there.

And now Haaretz (ISRAELI newspaper) has reported it:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-eleventh-plague/
It seems like it talks about the part of the land that Israel actually holds there. What about the huge cities which are under Arab control? are they "less than 1%" too?

BTW Do you evne know that Ha'aretez is A VERY FAR LEFT ISRAELI NEWSPAPER?????????????

FAIL.

http://www.thenewblackmagazine.com/PhotoFiles/9-11.jpg

YAY MATH!!!!

1.3 million dunams of Israeli State Land = 1300km²
The West Bank = 5640km²

Your claim: 99% of the West Bank is occupied

Not even close to true. Your propaganda failed.

Yep. He's nothing but a cheap liar. Bluarte is truly one of the most pathetic memebers in this forum, and that says quite alot.

Geni
07-26-2013, 08:20 PM
noo so much ..0.0000 for palestinians,,

Insuperable
07-26-2013, 08:55 PM
What a fail lol

Anglojew
07-26-2013, 08:59 PM
If this is true, it's not right. the Palestinians, as the aboriginal people of the land, deserve their fair share.

How are Palestinians anymore indigenous to Jews? Especially since both are related.

Anglojew
07-26-2013, 09:06 PM
This has been disproved numerous times. PA controlled land currently;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Zones_A_and_B_in_the_occupied_palestinian_territor ies.svg

I'd be suspicious of anything baluarte posts since he either is ill-informed, a liar and/or a propagandist consistently proved wrong.

YeshAtid
07-27-2013, 03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Szr3Aq_eM

Philo
07-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Balufarte je Balufarte je Balufarte, he will never change his vile ways.

Anglojew
07-29-2013, 03:02 AM
Also it must be remembered over 70% of Palestine was given to the Arabs (illegally to a Saudi family by the British) in 1921 when Transjordan was made;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/BritishMandatePalestine1920.png

Which was in breach of the San Remo conference agreement.