PDA

View Full Version : Istanbul voted European Best Destination for 2013

MfA_
03-30-2013, 10:11 PM
http://u.jimdo.com/www60/o/sa6549607c78f5c11/img/i6b6ee2ab8a26a953/1364198751/std/image.jpg

Istanbul has been voted European Best Destination 2013 in the first European e-tourism event which enables European citizens to choose the city which will win the title of Best European Destination. Istanbul entered the competition for the first time this year and subsequently has become the first city to win the accolade upon its first year entering the competition.

The only city in the world to straddle two continents, Turkey's fabled city of Istanbul at the historic crossroads between East and West is the perfect choice for a refreshing, exciting and cultural city break with a difference. Istanbul took 1st place in European Best Destinations 2013, followed by Lisbon in 2nd place and Vienna in 3rd. Now in its fourth year, European Best Destination is an initiative of non-profit making European Consumers Choice which aims to promote culture and tourism in Europe.

For the fourth edition of this major event several thousands of people voted, with the good spirit of the competition prevailing once again - an event in which advertising did not play any role nor was any personal data collected. This year all records have been beaten: the number of votes, followers, videos viewed, press articles and shares have all contributed to making this competition the largest e-tourism event in Europe.

TOP 10 DESTINATIONS 2013

ISTANBUL, TURKEY
LISBON, PORTUGAL
VIENNA, AUSTRIA
BARCELONA, SPAIN
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
MADRID, SPAIN
VALLETTA, MALTA
NICE, FRANCE
MILAN, ITALY
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN

http://www.europeanbestdestinations.org/
http://www.europeanbestdestinations.org/destinations/istanbul/

mr. logan
03-30-2013, 10:17 PM
isatambul is not Europe. It is Asia.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Istanbul is great city i was there for only 3 days and i didn't get to see all the stuff i wished to because the short time and the traffic is chaotic so i hope to go there atleast once more.

Anatolian Eagle
03-30-2013, 10:21 PM
isatambul is not Europe. It is Asia.

Istanbul is both.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hOxXDRfcji8/UHXgcnDXG9I/AAAAAAAAAP4/ruwxQMOHoyc/s1600/asya+avrupa.jpg

Sky earth
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Istanbul is great! A lovely city with a glorious history and culture. It's Turkey's most exciting and fascinating city ever. Istanbul was the capital of two great and influential empires and you can meet all types of people there no matter if transexuals, gays, emos, burqa women or punks. I was 3 times there and I'm always sad when we go back to Germany because I know that I will miss this city so much.

Sky earth
03-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Istanbul is both.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hOxXDRfcji8/UHXgcnDXG9I/AAAAAAAAAP4/ruwxQMOHoyc/s1600/asya+avrupa.jpg

That's what makes Istanbul so special. You can always switch between Europe and Asia:D

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I want to go to Istanbul, and go hit it with some Turkish wimminz. :D

Baldur
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
I want to go to Istanbul, and go hit it with some Turkish wimminz. :D

and then get chased by all of her brothers and cousins lol. I would never take that risk of getting killed in Istanbul.

Hurrem sultana
03-30-2013, 10:37 PM
and then get chased by all of her brothers and cousins lol. I would never take that risk of getting killed in Istanbul.

:picard2:

Istanbul is a metro town with gay clubs and everything you can think of,i doubt people will chase you for hitting on the women there

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 10:40 PM

turks from istanbul are pretty cool and open-minded than the turks where you live. all the turks i meet here in the US are from istanbul, and they are very liberal and open-minded. one of the most beautiful girls I met, was a turk from Istanbul.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 10:41 PM
turks from istanbul are pretty cool and open-minded than the turks where you live. all the turks i meet here in the US are from istanbul, and they are very liberal and open-minded. one of the most beautiful girls I met, was a turk from Istanbul.

Good for you then, but i have been to Istanbul and other parts of Turkey. Maybe they are more open minded because you are a wog just like they are.

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Good for you then, but i have been to Istanbul and other parts of Turkey. Maybe they are more open minded because you are a wog just like they are.

actually though, I know a Turk girl from Istanbul who has a thing for men with your pheno (blue-eyed blondes from skando countries). maybe you would be interested. and like lunarose said, turks are very diverse, don't try to think they are all the same.

Sky earth
03-30-2013, 10:47 PM

Bullshit! Don't worry most Turks are not racist and wouldn't treat you bad just because you're a blonde Swede with blue eyes. We don't care about races.

MfA_
03-30-2013, 10:52 PM

I just gave my seat to a Lithuanian lady yesterday :p

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 10:53 PM

Maybe you encountered Kurds, there is a significant number of Kurds out there. Istanbul hosts the biggest Kurdish population anyway. It's too difficult to hang out with a Kurdish girl because they are extremely loyal to their tribal customs and "honor".

I don't say that Turkish families would definitely welcome you, but they would not try to kill you for honor, you can introduce yourself and be nice to them, with time they will begin to accept you. They just seek some respect and civility. I think it's pretty similar to an average American family.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:02 PM
actually though, I know a Turk girl from Istanbul who has a thing for men with your pheno (blue-eyed blondes from skando countries). maybe you would be interested. and like lunarose said, turks are very diverse, don't try to think they are all the same.

Better give her to someone else, she can do better then me :)

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Bullshit! Don't worry most Turks are not racist and wouldn't treat you bad just because you're a blonde Swede with blue eyes. We don't care about races.

Nope, but after all it is still a country of islamic religion and if you are not muslim, why would a girl be interested. But this is not a thread to discuss this matters in.

Graham
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I hear it's a nice place, by many.

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Nope, but after all it is still a country of islamic religion and if you are not muslim, why would a girl be interested. But this is not a thread to discuss this matters in.

That's not really the case, you're quite prejudiced. The predominant religion might be Muslim, but it's a secular country.

I also recommend you to Izmir if you can. It's much better than Istanbul to me.

2012JD
03-30-2013, 11:09 PM
More than half of the world population won't even go there cause they don't consider turkey part of Europe . They go to visit Europe and see European culture not Asian

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 11:12 PM
More than half of the world population won't even go there cause they don't consider turkey part of Europe . They go to visit Europe and see European culture not Asian

http://i50.tinypic.com/vcsd4l.png

Graham
03-30-2013, 11:14 PM

Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for Brit tourists.

It's one of the world biggest tourist destinations.

Farah
03-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Istanbul certainly seems to be a city in its own league, it's a city I really hope to visit very, very soon. :) It strikes me as being a mysterious mixture of everything, a city of crossroads..but is it really a European city? I think it's too unique/different and has an Eastern air to it, for it to be labelled as European..

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Istanbul certainly seems to be a city in its own league, it's a city I really hope to visit very, very soon. :) It strikes me as being a mysterious mixture of everything, a city of crossroads..but is it really a European city? I think it's too unique/different and has an Eastern air to it, for it to be labelled as European..

A mixture as you said. Since it was the capital of the Ottoman Empire, you will often see historical Ottoman/Islamic architecture, but on the other hand it's full of modern places such as nightclubs, shops, gay bars, etc. and most of people have a secular life style.

2012JD
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for Brit tourists.

It's one of the world biggest tourist destinations.

? British people are everywhere , everyday I work with tourists and I can't count how many of them are in Florida.

2012JD
03-30-2013, 11:20 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/vcsd4l.png

? Okay lol , I never said it wasn't popular , learn to read

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Better give her to someone else, she can do better then me :)

dude, why the fuck are you putting yourself down like that. that isn't a manly thing to do. wtf is wrong with you skandos?

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
? Okay lol , I never said it wasn't popular , learn to read

So, what did you mean exactly by saying that most people would not prefer Turkey ? some people go to see some history, or some nice beaches and nice weather or spas, forests, waterfalls, mountains and other beauties of the nature, or religious places, considering the fact that the first churches were built within Turkey, and other sacred places mentioned in the Bible. Turkey fulfills all of them.

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
? British people are everywhere , everyday I work with tourists and I can't count how many of them are in Florida.

:lightbul: :nopity00:

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:29 PM
dude, why the fuck are you putting yourself down like that. that isn't a manly thing to do. wtf is wrong with you skandos?

Don't know why you would judge all scandinavians after one? Well there obviously must be something wrong with me since people laugh at me when i walk past them.

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Don't know why you would judge all scandinavians after one?

A lot of skandos that I meet are pretty dam whimpy, even though they are bigger than me (i'm only 173 cm and skandos are on average, 6 footers).

Well there obviously must be something wrong with me since people laugh at me when i walk past them.

so what. People laugh at me all the time. Do I give a fuck? absolutely not. you have to go to a place where your looks land you lots of pussy. for you, it will be asia or latin-america.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:35 PM
A lot of skandos that I meet are pretty dam whimpy, even though they are bigger than me (i'm only 173 cm and skandos are on average, 6 footers).

so what. People laugh at me all the time. Do I give a fuck? absolutely not. you have to go to a place where your looks land you lots of pussy. for you, it will be asia or latin-america.

Those are places i dont want to visit. I rather stay alone then land me some thai wife lol.

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Those are places i dont want to visit. I rather stay alone then land me some thai wife lol.

wtf dude. you want to be some loser who can't fuck a bitch. dude, stop being fucking pathetic.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:44 PM
wtf dude. you want to be some loser who can't fuck a bitch. dude, stop being fucking pathetic.

I think its more pathetic to spend all my money on a trip to Thailand to fuck prostitutes.

American_Hispanist
03-30-2013, 11:51 PM
I think its more pathetic to spend all my money on a trip to Thailand to fuck prostitutes.

Look, I'm not saying to go fuck prostitutes. I'm saying go and living in other countries for a while, to meet women, who are interested in you, to hook up with you and have a relationship with them. all humans want to have a special someone, you do as well, but you are being pathetic right now and denying that human need in you come out in the open.

dado
03-30-2013, 11:56 PM
god bless mehmed al fatih for giving us this beautifull city

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:00 AM
god bless mehmed al fatih for giving us this beautifull city

Us ?

dado
03-31-2013, 12:00 AM
us ottomans

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:01 AM
us ottomans

Oh, it's not a property of them anymore. Are you a member of the Ottoman dynasty ?

dado
03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
what ever mr kemal...we'll see in a few decades

Hayalet
03-31-2013, 12:06 AM
For the next few decades to come, I'd much sooner worry about the federal structure in Bosnia and Herzegovina than the republican regime in Turkey, dado.

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:07 AM
what ever mr kemal...we'll see in a few decades

No need to wait that much, your neo-ottomans will fall in a few years.

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:09 AM
This bosnian dude is 'more royalist than the king'. :D

dado
03-31-2013, 12:09 AM
No need to wait that much, your neo-ottomans will fall in a few years.

u wish...akp was never stronger...and mhp is catching up those kemalists from chp...so kemalists are like third option among turks....far behind akp

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:13 AM
u wish...akp was never stronger...and mhp is catching up those kemalists from chp...so kemalists are like third option among turks....far behind akp

R u sure ? Erdogan will not become a candidate again. His presidential system plans are likely to fail, since the current polls show that even his own voters do not support him about this issue.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:16 AM
lets simply leave it and see what will happen :thumb001:

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:18 AM
lets simply leave it and see what will happen :thumb001:

Yea, AKP will fall with its neo-ottomanism. You bosnians better go find somebody else to pick your arses up.

StonyArabia
03-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Akp all the way, they have done very well for Turkey. Anyways Istanbul is pretty nice I have been there when I was little truly a majestic city.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:20 AM
Yea, AKP will fall with its neo-ottomanism. You bosnians better go find somebody else to pick your arses up.

ok fool if u want insults u will get them

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:20 AM

Stop speaking collectively, most Bosnians don't give a crap about AKP. Dado is a pseudo Turk that is laughed at by literally all nationalities on this forum.

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
Akp all the way, they have done very well for Turkey.

Apparently mainly non-Turks think that way.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
oh here she comes again to save the day by saying how i am not representative of bosniaks ;)

Anatolian Eagle
03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Akp all the way, they have done very well for Turkey..

Not.

StonyArabia
Apparently mainly non-Turks think that way.

Turkey's economy greatly improved thanks to the Akp leadership. Look at how Turkey has become regional player in the region, and is now a Eurasian tiger, would not that be credit to the Akp?

Hayalet
Your point is? Very easily over 90% of Turks prefer a secular constitution and consider Ataturk their greatest national hero.

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:24 AM
oh here she comes again to save the day by saying how i am not representative of bosniaks ;)
I'm actually starting to think there won't even be need for that anymore - even Turks think you are ridiculous and a pain in the ass :lol:

@Kemaliste: I already said in a different thread: dado is like a retarded kid who can't wipe his own ass so he wants someone bigger to come and do it for him. He is pathetic.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:25 AM
Your point is? Very easily over 90% of Turks prefer a secular constitution and consider Ataturk their greatest national hero.

my point is those percents are made up in chp offices for their needs...they are so scared because they are in danger to be totaly maginalized

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Stop speaking collectively, most Bosnians don't give a crap about AKP. Dado is a pseudo Turk that is laughed at by literally all nationalities on this forum.

Yea, my bad. Another beatiful bosnian member also seems to have got spoiled nowadays, so I grew a little bit antipathy. They are like Turkey should rule you under a Ottoman roof or something. Of course we should be close to each other, I'm not against that, but what the hell with ottomanism.

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:26 AM
my point is those percents are made up in chp offices for their needs...they are so scared because they are in danger to be totaly maginalized

Source that CHP made it up. It's an independent corporation.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm actually starting to think there won't even be need for that anymore - even Turks think you are ridiculous and a pain in the ass :lol:

@Kemaliste: I already said in a different thread: dado is like a retarded kid who can't wipe his own ass so he wants someone bigger to come and do it for him. He is pathetic.

u are blondie...u just dont get it....these are ideological differences....kemalists talk alll the time this way...but nobody listens them any more

Anatolian Eagle
03-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Turkey's economy greatly improved thanks to the Akp leadership. Look at how Turkey has become regional player in the region, and is now a Eurasian tiger, would not that be credit to the Akp?

They're bunch of traitors/parasites that worst thing that ever happened to Turkey and thieves with high taxes who fool around with the fucking word "religion" and eventually you might find many poor Turkish families across country, only rich people are those who suck up to them, the "good economy" is just something visual outside. I don't expect you to know much about them since you don't live in Turkey and only know about their fake foreign politics and care about your own Islam fantasy so please avoid commenting about our inner politics.

Hayalet
03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
No, those polls are conducted by corporations which have foreseen every victory AKP had in elections so far. The only person who is being marginalized here is you, buddy.

dado
Source that CHP made it up. It's an independent corporation.

no actualy altay made it up for them...but it's the same...he is kemalist too :thumb001:

Bosnjakinja
Yea, my bad. Another beatiful bosnian member also seems to have got spoiled nowadays, so I grew a little bit antipathy. They are like Turkey should rule them under a Ottoman roof or something.

Oh I fully understand and I give you my blessing to continue to ridicule dado for his patheticness. I have said to him already that it is only natural that everybody despises weaklings without a spine.

But realistically, if you came to Sarajevo and asked most Bosnians who they wanted to win the Turkish elections, about Ataturk etc, most people wouldn't even know what's the difference. They really don't care.

And I personally already said that Ataturk was the best thing that ever happened to Turkey.

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:31 AM

If I completely sold the country to the US, the US would make me a regional leader too. That's not a hard thing to do. Also about the economy, that's bullshit. That's kind of a grow that does not avail the people.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
No, those polls are conducted by corporations which have foreseen every victory AKP had in elections so far. The only person who is being marginalized here is you, buddy.

me marginalized...what the hell that means

dado
03-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Oh I fully understand and I give you my blessing to continue to ridicule dado for his patheticness. I have said to him already that it is only natural that everybody despises weaklings without a spine.

But realistically, if you came to Sarajevo and asked most Bosnians who they wanted to win the Turkish elections, about Ataturk etc, most people wouldn't even know what's the difference. They really don't care.

And I personally already said that Ataturk was the best thing that ever happened to Turkey.
oh babe...you are so representative :cool:

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:33 AM

Yea, I apologize for generalizing Bosnians for a moment, I'm sure dado is a marginal example.

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:34 AM
No probs. And best of luck to Kemalists in the future :D

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
u are blondie...u just dont get it....these are ideological differences....kemalists talk alll the time this way...but nobody listens them any more

Why don't you just come here and participate in the politics instead of waffling from out there then ?

dado
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Why don't you just come here and participate in the politics instead of waffling from out there then ?

i will work for mr erdogan cause here in bosnia if needed...he doesnt need my help in turkey,he trashed oposition

Szegedist
03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
i will work for mr erdogan cause here in bosnia if needed...he doesnt need my help in turkey,he trashed oposition

Are you sure you are not a confused Muslim Servian instead of a Bosniak?

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
dado would be considered a pure traitor. He reminds me of those who supported a British mandate after the World War 1 here. All AKP is doing is simply Ottoman imperialism/domination over ex-Ottoman territories funded and sponsored by the US in accordance with the Greater Middle East Project.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/23/gop-rep-says-obama-has-helped-jump-start-a-new-ottoman-empire/

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Are you sure you are not a Muslim Servian instead of a Bosniak?

He has a thread in the Bosnian forum - only Serbian songs and Turkish flags are posted there :lol:

dado
03-31-2013, 12:49 AM
He has a thread in the Bosnian forum - only Serbian songs and Turkish flags are posted there :lol:

well i dont even need to post on this forum any more...i got me self a spokesmen...i mean girl

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Hahah considering how everybody ridicules you here maybe you shouldnt :lol: Albanians, Hungarians, Bosniaks, even Turks :D

dado
03-31-2013, 12:54 AM
well...just let me be a clown then...please stop talking for me...thanks :)

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 12:55 AM
Hahah considering how everybody ridicules you here maybe you shouldnt :lol: Albanians, Hungarians, Bosniaks, even Turks :D

Traitors are homeless and they never get a respect.

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:56 AM
@dado: I'm not talking for you, but about you, because you are funny. And I'm starting to like threads where you post :D

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Traitors are homeless and they never get a respect.

Very true. I already mentioned this once: no one respects traitors and people who pretend to be something they arent. You are like the 4th Turk who has told him he is pathetic.

dado
03-31-2013, 12:58 AM
@dado: I'm not talking for you, but about you, because you are funny. And I'm starting to like threads where you post :D

well i am glad i entertain u...that's what clowns are there for

Kemalisté
03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
He must be one of those raised in the Gulen schools out there. Conservative nerd.

dado
03-31-2013, 01:08 AM
ahahaha...bosnjakinja is currently on both threads i am posting on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0UXRY_rY

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Priznajem, uzizvancija je gledati kako se ljudi sprdaju sa tobom :lol: Najsladje je kad te pljuju "braca Turci" :D A taaaako bi volio da s njihov :D

dado
03-31-2013, 01:12 AM
Priznajem, uzizvancija je gledati kako se ljudi sprdaju sa tobom :lol: Najsladje je kad te pljuju "braca Turci" :D A taaaako bi volio da s njihov :D

i dont wanna close my eyes,i dont wanna fall a sleep,cause i miss u babe and i dont wanna miss a thing :D

Bosnjakinja
03-31-2013, 01:13 AM
i dont wanna close my eyes,i dont wanna fall a sleep,cause i miss u babe and i dont wanna miss a thing :D

:kiss:

Aj ako ce ti biti lakse idem sada na spavanje :D

dado
03-31-2013, 01:18 AM
odoh i ja http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4607.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-hug.php)

arcticwolf
03-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I have to admit I will never understand balkan mentality fully, but you guys are really entrtaining! You never get tired of arguing, and you can do it for what seems like for ever! And you've been doing it for over 500 years. It's gotta be some kind of record or something! LOL

Su
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
I believe Turkey in also in top 5 most visited country around the world , at least in 2012. If I am wrong please correct me.

asingh
03-31-2013, 02:47 PM

True. I find it a fascinating city. And a lot of Indians are flocking there for vacations. Europe seems too expensive and the flights cost most. A friend of mine is going to Istanbul + Antalya for 10 days this month. I am also planning a trip probably quarter 4, this year....! Then I will probably visit Iran. Want to compare the two cultures, and then gauge it against the Mughal culture/architecture we have up North India..........!

denz
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
True. I find it a fascinating city. And a lot of Indians are flocking there for vacations. Europe seems too expensive and the flights cost most. A friend of mine is going to Istanbul + Antalya for 10 days this month. I am also planning a trip probably quarter 4, this year....! Then I will probably visit Iran. Want to compare the two cultures, and then gauge it against the Mughal culture/architecture we have up North India..........!

Have a good rest and fun ...

eeroli
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Istanbul is not europe, it is Greeceeurope.