PDA

View Full Version : Russians, Ukrainians, Turks need visa for Croatia

Baluarte
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Russians, Ukrainians, Turks need visa for Croatia

Croatia, which is due to join the European Union on 1 July, starts applying the European Union visa regime for all citizens from non-EU countries as of Monday, 1 April, which means that tourists from some of the countries such as Turkey, Russia, and Ukraine from where a rising number of holiday-makers has been arriving in Croatia in recent years, will be required to have visas when entering Croatia.

This has caused fears in Croatia's tourism sector that visa requirements for those categories of guests may cause certain difficulties, which's why the tourism ministry in cooperation with the foreign and European affairs ministry has worked on finding solutions to simplify the procedure for issuing visas to tourists from Turkey, Russia and Ukraine and other non-EU countries.

Tourism Minister Darko Lorencin has announced that applications will be invited for selecting tour operators and travel agencies that will collect necessary documents on the said markets for issuing visas to tourists coming from the above-mentioned three countries so as to expedite the procedure. Also. the Croatian foreign ministry has sent a number of its employees to those countries for the same purpose.

Croatia was required to align its visa system with that of the European Union no later than three months before accession. Since Croatia is scheduled to join the EU on July 1, its visa system has to be in line with the EU's by April 1.
For entry into Croatia, Russian citizens will be required to apply for a visa with the Croatian Embassy in Moscow, through travel agencies accredited with the Embassy or through visa centres in Russia. The procedure may last no longer than five days and costs for visa issuance will be EUR 35.

The number of Russian visitors in Croatia in 2012 rose 8% year on year and they made 1.6 million overnight stays, up 5.3% y-o-y, according to Croatian's statistical bureau. The Russians, thus, moved upward to be in the group of the top ten countries from where the largest number of tourists came to Croatia in 2012.

Similar models for visa issuance will be applied for guests with Turkish and Ukrainian passports.

In 2012, the number of holiday-makers from Ukraine rose by 25% and their overnight stays also climbed by 25% year-on-year, while the number of Turkish tourists went up by 10%.

Croatian citizens travelling to Turkey will need a visa as of April 1, the Croatian Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs said this past Friday. Visas will be available at border crossings or in Turkish diplomatic and consular missions.
Likewise, Turkish citizens, holders of ordinary passports, will need a visa to enter Croatia as of April 1.

More information is available on the ministry's website at: http://www.mvep.hr/hr/konzularne-informacije/vize/pregled-viznog-sustava0/. (Hina)

RussiaPrussia
04-10-2013, 02:08 AM
good for turkey

Sisak
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
In the last eight days alone, the Consulate has issued over 800 visas to Turkish citizens, most of whom are travelling to Dubrovnik. The visa issuance procedure has been considerably simplified, so that visas can now be obtained in three or four days, Consul-General Amir Muharemi said.
http://dalje.com/en-world/dubrovnik-presented-in-istanbul/464398

Onur
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
In the last eight days alone, the Consulate has issued over 800 visas to Turkish citizens, most of whom are travelling to Dubrovnik. The visa issuance procedure has been considerably simplified, so that visas can now be obtained in three or four days, Consul-General Amir Muharemi said.
No matter what, this will cause a drop for Turkish tourists. For example, i have been in Dubrovnik 3 years ago and i don't think i would bother with visa process to go there again despite that my holiday was enjoyable and people was nice.

I am quite sure that the Turkish tourists was spending the most in Croatia but you will be stuck with stingy Germans anymore.

Rastko
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I have many Russian and Turkish guests and friends.

We were all very concerned but luckily there are solutions.

Onur,Turks are one of the top guests,I agree but Germans are also good.

Onur
04-22-2013, 12:49 AM
I have many Russian and Turkish guests and friends.

We were all very concerned but luckily there are solutions.

Onur,Turks are one of the top guests,I agree but Germans are also good.
Croatia is walking on the Greece`s path. Greece also had a good tourism sector like you have today but first, they implemented visas when they entered Schengen zone and finally they entered the Eurozone and their tourism prices skyrocketed. Thats why they are fucked now.

If Croatia ever enters the Eurozone after this visa issue, then you can kiss goodbye to your tourism sector.

legolasbozo
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Many of my friends were planning to go Dubrovnik, and those visa affairs appeared and they changed their route to italy and spain. İt doesn't matter how easy to get visa, nobody wants to deal with those procedures. and they think if they had to, they prefer italy or spain because they offers much things worth to see.

Rastko
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Croatia is walking on the Greece`s path. Greece also had a good tourism sector like you have today but first, they implemented visas when they entered Schengen zone and finally they entered the Eurozone and their tourism prices skyrocketed. Thats why they are fucked now.

If Croatia ever enters the Eurozone after this visa issue, then you can kiss goodbye to your tourism sector.

We will see...My apartments are still booked,for whole summer.

Onur
04-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Many of my friends were planning to go Dubrovnik, and those visa affairs appeared and they changed their route to italy and spain. İt doesn't matter how easy to get visa, nobody wants to deal with those procedures. and they think if they had to, they prefer italy or spain because they offers much things worth to see.
Thats true. If people have to deal with the visa process then why go to Croatia? They can do the same procedures and go to Italy or France instead of Croatia.

No-Visa travels was their advantage but they are in equal terms with Italy or France. So, Croatia became an unwise choice now.

Russians will probably do the same and they will either go to Italy or Turkey if they want visa-free holiday.

Sisak
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Thats true. If people have to deal with the visa process then why go to Croatia? They can do the same procedures and go to Italy or France instead of Croatia.

No-Visa travels was their advantage but they are in equal terms with Italy or France. So, Croatia became an unwise choice now.

Russians will probably do the same and they will either go to Italy or Turkey if they want visa-free holiday.
Yes. I believe you. and Croatia lives off tourism. but on the other hand people from Slavonia feel neglected because it invests only in tourism, "buying the palm for Dalmatians" it is nicer to the sea, while slavonija is the biggest hole in Europe, it looks like the 3rd world country. Slavonians are very tolerand and have solidarity, many people work all day in the kitchen and as a waitress from 6 to 11-12 hours in the evening. While Dalmatians are lazy and they do not want to wark this jobs.

Arbėrori
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Yes. I believe you. and Croatia lives off tourism. but on the other hand people from Slavonia feel neglected because it invests only in tourism, "buying the palm for Dalmatians" it is nicer to the sea, while slavonija is the biggest hole in Europe, it looks like the 3rd world country. Slavonians are very tolerand and have solidarity, many people work all day in the kitchen and as a waitress from 6 to 11-12 hours in the evening. While Dalmatians are lazy and they do not want to wark this jobs.

That's so true, Slavonija is extremely overlooked.

Sisak
04-22-2013, 06:15 PM
That's so true, Slavonija is extremely overlooked.

Have you ever been somwhere else then Zagreb?

Rastko
04-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Why don't you work on the fields?...Yes,Dalmatians are lazy but we pay all the taxes that go for your tractors and shit.

:D

Sisak
04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Why don't you work on the fields?...Yes,Dalmatians are lazy but we pay all the taxes that go for your tractors and shit.

:D
You should be more wonder why is stolen 100 million euros from Croatia