PDA

View Full Version : America's changing

sgillespie
04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I live in the US since 2005 (I have been travelling to it since 1998) and I met huge amounts of americans during the 90's in my city, Florence as there are hords of us tourits and thousands of us students that spend a semester in Florence every year. I want to say that I met many, many different types of people. I always noticed how the vast majority of caucasian american were fair, tall & slender blonde or light brown hair more often than not and, the vast majority, had blue eyes. Now I noticed that blue eyes are a rarity amongst americans. I mean, I lived in SoCal5 years and now I am on the East Coast since some time and most white americans, even if they have light features, tend to have brown or brownish eyes, sparkling blue eyes are a super rarity. Maybe in the mid-west states is different I don't know, but that is what I see everyday. To summarize it: if before the typical white american was a typical tall fair/ blue eyed person, now the average Joe is most likely a brown haired/eyed individual or even a med type. Did you notice the same thing?

riverman
04-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Sikeliot
04-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Because Jewish, Italian, etc. Americans now mix with the rest of American whites, and make them collectively darker, plus the migration of Portuguese to here.