PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Apricity Shrinkers!

Frigga
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Welcome to The Apricity Shrinkers! Here you will find a handy resource for your goals of getting into shape, and becoming a healthy person.

Let us know what you would like to have here, it's all open to discussion. :)

RoyBatty
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Afaik the best way to go down in size is through a combination of altering diets and getting exercise. One or the other usually isn't enough to make much difference.

I guess useful things would be

- sticking to routines
- diet tips (I don't mean slimming pills and miracle cure bs here)
- exercise suggestions
- eating regimes, ie, when and how much a person eats. One thing that has nailed me the last couple of years was not eating during the day and having large suppers at night. Big mistake.

Frigga
08-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello and welcome! :)

My hope is for all of us to be able to support each other in our goals, whatever they may be. You can be as candid as you wish.

I was thinking that we could have a weekly check in, where we say how we've worked that week towards getting in at least some daily physical activity. We can post our exercise routines, or what we would like to do in our routines, whether they're current or future. We can also post recipes that are healthy and tasty if we wish. But, the most important thing of all is that we support each other in our worthy goals!

Let me know what you would like to see, and to have here. This is very much your group as it is mine.

:)

Skandi
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I was thinking of a weekly check in with a poll where you could tick how much you had lost. And for those of us who are brave a thread with our original weights and measures and our desired ones as well, the extreamly brave could put up photos too :eek:

Fortis in Arduis
08-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Ok, so I joined. I would love to shrink.

Grumpy Cat
09-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I`ll just say this: I was put on a medication called zyprexa which has a side-effect of weight gain and now I`m I'm off the stuff trying to get it off. The bad thing is I`m only working with half a thyroid. So, I worked my ass off last week at the gym, watched what I ate, and only lost 2 ounces. Was a real piss-off.

I miss my overactive thyroid, I could eat anything I wanted and not gain any weight. I don`t miss the symptoms though, I was skinny but I was miserable.

Frigga
09-30-2009, 02:18 PM
It sounds like you had Graves Disease. My mother had that. She is remission now. You are probably going to need iodine supplementation. I also suggest coconut oil, it speeds up your thyroid. :)

WinterMoon
09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
It sounds like you had Graves Disease. My mother had that. She is remission now. You are probably going to need iodine supplementation. I also suggest coconut oil, it speeds up your thyroid. :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding and research, the benefits of coconut oil only apply to extra virgin coconut oil. The process in making extra virgin is different from making regular coconut oil.

Frigga
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding and research, the benefits of coconut oil only apply to extra virgin coconut oil. The process in making extra virgin is different from making regular coconut oil.

You are correct WinterMoon. I didn't specify when I should have. :)

Tropical Traditions is the best source on the internet for extra virgin coconut oil, and the cheapest. I'm going to put it in my signature line. :)

Skandi
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
your link doesn't work frigga But I think this is the site you're after
Tropial traditions (http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm)

Frigga
09-30-2009, 03:27 PM
May I just say again that I really hate my dial up?? Grrr.... Fixing it now.