PDA

View Full Version : How Sweden behaved towards germans in its world cup 1958

RussiaPrussia
04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4d8ntJsBLA

Back in the day swedes werent so friendly towards germans. They called us nazis for no reason, even the press as you can see in this video. Sweden won only this game because germans had to play with 9 men. They lost one because a swedish football player kicked at a german and he kicked bakc but only the german got the red card.

Banjo
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
"No reason" - hey man, get over it. Germans are still bad losers, remembering some arguing from a football game in 1958 . Ow man, no wonder all Swedes hate when they get mistaken for Germans and to all lengths try to avoid it. :)

Dacul
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Lol RussiaPrussia,those just some Swedes,why are you saying that a whole country behaved with Germans like that?

Baldur
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
The media in Sweden is very leftist and started by jews i think, so why are you surprised.

Virtuous
04-08-2013, 10:01 PM
The media in Sweden is very leftist and started by jews i think, so why are you surprised.

just look at wonderful multiculti feminist Sweden today.

Arend
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
You can see the great importance of this „incident“ on the fact a restaurant in Hamburg dropped the “Smörgåsbord” from their menu…… It was just a football game, 55 years ago and I am sure that most people never heard about it

"No reason" - hey man, get over it. Germans are still bad losers, remembering some arguing from a football game in 1958 . Ow man, no wonder all Swedes hate when they get mistaken for Germans and to all lengths try to avoid it. :)
Yeah, and because we are such bad losers the German coach Herberger said that the better team had won and most player did their best to de-escalate the whole situation

Hurrem sultana
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
just look at wonderful multiculti feminist Sweden today.

Has been that way since last 100 years,Sweden is always some 20 years before the others :D

Smaland
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I can speak only for myself, but I am pro-German, and I would never be rude to them. I am American, but I do have Swedish ancestors. My mother's mother was brought from Sweden to America with her family in the late 1870's. :)

Hurrem sultana
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I can speak only for myself, but I am pro-German, and I would never be rude to them. I am American, but I do have Swedish ancestors. My mother's mother was brought from Sweden to America with her family in the late 1870's. :)

You have very little in common with the average swede i can tell you,no surprise since both you and your parents are americans

Baldur
04-08-2013, 10:14 PM
You have very little in common with the average swede i can tell you,no surprise since both you and your parents are americans

Even if he does, i haven't noticed any negative opinions about germans amongst swedes. They invade us during summertime and buy all our
http://www.hyltebruksskylt.se/admin/files/sd_eshop/A19-1-varning-for-alg.png
other then that germans are pretty awesome people.

American_Hispanist
04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
RussiaPrussia, you should know perfectly well why the behavior in that time. it wasn't very long after WW2, 1958. WW2 was still fresh in the minds of many people in Europe. Thread closed.

riverman
04-08-2013, 10:42 PM

hmm what is your avatar of?

Baldur
04-08-2013, 10:47 PM
hmm what is your avatar of?

The supporter logo of the football team Malmö FF, but the eagle represents Scania's crest:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Skåne_vapen.svg/251px-Skåne_vapen.svg.png

riverman
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
The supporter logo of the football team Malmö FF, but the eagle represents Scania's crest:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Skåne_vapen.svg/251px-Skåne_vapen.svg.png

Ah o.k., was wondering that.

Geminus
04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Never heard of this incident before.
All in all the opinion of Sweden in Germany is quite positive and I also don't think Swedes dislike Germany

Grenzland
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
I hate the Swedish team for the last 4:4! :D

Fuck you Zlatan Ibrahimović, you aren't a real Swede anyway! :D

Mazik
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Sweden vs nazi Germany (1941, during the war). Sweden won that game with 4-2 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVsMrSHvqo

Austo
04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I always think that it is interesting to know how people viewed Austrians at that time. Did the swedes behave the same way towards Austrians?
Or did they view Austrians as other people than germans?

Banjo
04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Aren't the nazi headlines in the beginning of the clip about nazi findings, and by which they mean findings from the war used by, exactly, nazis? (I'm asking, not stating).

I like Germans, although they can behave quite rudish when they are tourists in Sweden, but nevertheless Swedes aren't famous for being good tourists either... :)

Baldur
04-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Aren't the nazi headlines in the beginning of the clip about nazi findings, and by which they mean findings from the war used by, exactly, nazis? (I'm asking, not stating).

I like Germans, although they can behave quite rudish when they are tourists in Sweden, but nevertheless Swedes aren't famous for being good tourists either... :)

Really i think Swedes are considered one of the best and most polite tourists of all europeans.

Banjo
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Really i think Swedes are considered one of the best and most polite tourists of all europeans.
Hm, you might be right. We Swedes are far better tourists than many anyway (English Ryanair clients eg.).

Germans like to take hold on food though. Eating in a pizzeria in Malmö I'm looking for the bowl with "pizza salad" (sliced cabbage salad eaten before the pizza, for you people not familiar with Swedish pizza eating). A bowl that is for everyone to take salad from. Can't be seen, but amongst a group of fat germans, behold! The pizza salad bowl on THEIR table. That's rude. And then they wonder why we call them krauts ;)

Baldur
04-09-2013, 09:31 PM
The only thing i have noticed is when u go on a charter trip to spain, greece or turkey, the germans always take all the sunbeds.

Grenzland
04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Because taking them is work and we love work! :D

Also we love occupying things... :p

Dombra
04-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Because taking them is work and we love work! :D

Also we love occupying things... :p

Occupying houses in Finland :D

Grenzland
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Occupying houses in Finland :D