PDA

View Full Version : Jewish group demands ban on biker parade ridiculing Nazi gas chambers

microrobert
04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Jewish group demands ban on biker parade ridiculing Nazi gas chambers

Mazsihisz, the association of Jewish religious communities, on Sunday urged the authorities to prevent by all means at their disposal a planned motorcade by the Nationalist Hearted Motorcyclists on April 21.

Mazsihisz said that the name given to the event, “Give Gas”, is especially offensive as the procession is set for the same day as the March of the Living, which remembers Hungary’s Holocaust victims.

(The name of the event, “Adj Gazt!” can be understood to mean “Put on the gas” – i.e., accelerate – as well as in its more literal sense of “give gas”.)

http://www.politics.hu/20130408/jewish-group-demands-ban-on-biker-parade-ridiculing-nazi-gas-chambers/

Szegedist
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
"It must be clear, Mazsihisz said, that “in our country we will not tolerate the indifference to our pride and honour, whether we are Catholics, Calvinists or Jews, or belong to the majority or minority. Let us show one by one that we shall put an end to this base era”.
"

It's not "your" (Jewish) country. You have a country that was given to you, it's called Israel.

Vasconcelos
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
"Give gas" is also a popular expression in Portugal amongst cars/bikes enthusiasts. I've also heard some guys were complaining that the American car Camaro SS had an offensive name.

microrobert
04-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Court reprimands police for banning biker parade during Holocaust memorial

The Budapest police’s recent ban on a far-right motorcycle demonstration which would have coincided with the March of the Living was illegitimate, according to a Wednesday decision by the municipal court of labour and administration.

In its justification, the court said that the police ban had been based on “unjustified presumptions”, and added that the police had also missed the deadline before which such a prohibition could be imposed.

The court said the police should have passed a decision to ban the planned rally within two days after the organisers submitted their notice. Failing to do so means permission has been granted, it said.

Court reprimands police for banning biker parade during Holocaust memorial | Politics.hu (http://www.politics.hu/20130425/court-reprimands-police-for-banning-biker-parade-during-holocaust-memorial/)

Mortimer
04-26-2013, 05:12 AM
i think it should be common sense that such a biker Parade "give gas" by a far right group should be banned. it is like saying jews should be gased. i dont understand what you guys complain about, it is normal that jewish Groups demand a ban