PDA

View Full Version : Finnish businessmen "sabotage" Nordstream gaspipe

Hweinlant
08-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Group of Finnish businessmen have pulled nice maneuver on Nord stream gaspipe project. They have claimed right for mining minerals from the bottom of Baltic Sea. Unfortunately Gazprom wants to build their gaspipe from Russia to Germany using exactly same line where mining claim is made ;)

Russian officials have asked the businessmen to withdraw their claim, they also have offered substancial amount of €'s.. Group replied that they will withdraw the claim if Russia returns Karelian Isthmus to Finland. They also urged Russian officials to contact former President Martti Ahtisaari for the negotiations..

No english link available yet. Few in Finnish

Finnish businessmen: We will withdraw the claim if Russia returns Karelia to Finland:
http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.shtml/arkistot/kotimaa/2009/08/940537

Russia offered money to group:
http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.shtml/arkistot/kotimaa/2009/08/940758

This will be fun :D:D

EWtt
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Russian officials have asked the businessmen to withdraw their claim, they also have offered substancial amount of €'s.. Group replied that they will withdraw the claim if Russia returns Karelian Isthmus to Finland.

Excellent! :thumb001:
:D

Hweinlant
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Excellent! :thumb001:

Finnish officials still can(will) refute the claim, but they have to proces it according to law. Then the group can take the refute to 3 different courts before the refute is official. That will take years :D

Next year, this time, I'll be swimming in Finnish Ladoga :thumb001:

Brännvin
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Good!

This pipeline is planned to go through the Swedish and Finnish economic zone (economic zones are viable for pipelines according to international treaties) and need be under any Swedish and Finnish jurisdiction, but at the same time the Russians have declared it as a future "vital economic interest" which is to be "secured" by the Russian Baltic fleet. :thumb down2

As for the environmental concerns, the Baltic Sea has a very delicate ecosystem due to little inflow of water and because of a couple of centuries of heavy industrialization where such pipeline would be extremely negative to the region.

There is a official campaign in Gotland against it;

Stoppa gasledningen i Östersjön (http://www.gotland.net/sv/bo-leva/arkiv/2006/stoppa-gasledningen-i-ostersjon) :thumb001:

Hweinlant
08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
English link available:
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Finnish+businessmen+want+to+have+Karelia+back/1135248851485

http://www.hs.fi/kuvat/iso_webkuva/1135246435455.jpeg

Finnish businessmen want to have Karelia back

According to the news service of the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE, four Finnish businessmen have promised to withdraw their mine permit application for a planned ore mine in the Baltic Sea, if Russia agrees to start negotiations on the return of the ceded areas of Karelia to Finland.

The region in question was ceded to the Soviet Union at the end of the last war, and there are those who feel the land should be back in Finnish hands.

The four businessmen plan to set up an ore mine on the bottom of the Baltic Sea. However, the planned undersea venture would stand in the way of a submarine gas pipeline planned by the German-Russian gaspipe consortium Nord Stream.

According to Kari Silvennoinen, the spokesman of the four businessmen, some representatives of the Russian government have demanded the Finns withdraw their application, offering them considerable sums of money in exchange.

At the Ministry of Employment and the Economy the application is regarded as ”bizarre - to say the least”.
However, the ministry is unwilling to comment on the content of the application, which has been pending for a year. The ministry has also received enquiries about the matter from the Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in Finland.

The Finnish businessmen do not want to accept money. In exchange for their mine permit application, the Finns want the ceded Karelia to be handed back to Finland.

According to YLE, Nord Stream claimed that the company was not aware of any such bargaining. Nord Stream plans to embark on the gas pipeline construction early next year.

:D Ruskie did not see that coming :D

Lahtari
08-28-2009, 03:49 AM
four Finnish businessmen have promised to withdraw their mine permit application for a planned ore mine in the Baltic Sea, if Russia agrees to start negotiations on the return of the ceded areas of Karelia to Finland.

The problem in this sentence is "negotiations". Are they expecting Russia to threaten the Finnish government with war unless they accept to take Karelia back? :D

Hweinlant
08-28-2009, 05:54 AM
The problem in this sentence is "negotiations". Are they expecting Russia to threaten the Finnish government with war unless they accept to take Karelia back? :D

We shouldnt even accept Karelia back without substancial compensation. 10 - 15% of Nord Stream's yearly turnover seems pretty fair :D

Motörhead Remember Me
09-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Stop The Gaspipe!
By any means.

Karelia back without Russians.

RoyBatty
09-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Keep dreaming guys. Papa Fritz from Germany will eventually put an end to the merrymaking. That pipeline is coming.

ikki
09-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Keep dreaming guys. Papa Fritz from Germany will eventually put an end to the merrymaking. That pipeline is coming.

let them build it thru poland and belorussia...

We meanwhile have no need whatsoever of granting russian warships right to enter our territorialwaters at awill... since that is what this gaspipe is actually about. And those oh so wonderful "spheres of intrest".
Let someone else be in their sphere of intrest.

Brännvin
09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Papa Fritz from Germany will eventually put an end to the merrymaking.

:no:

http://www.algonet.se/~bog/vinterkriget/finsak.jpg

:thumb001: :D

RoyBatty
09-25-2009, 06:48 AM

Hweinlant
09-25-2009, 10:19 PM

Sure, 20% of profit for us. Otherwise, forget it.

ikki
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Sure, 20% of profit for us. Otherwise, forget it.

never ever on profits... thats a terribnly bad deal!

especially as profit is a fictional thing created by accounting. You can have a lot, or none, and none of this is related to how profitable the business is.

case in point:
Anglo-persian oil. They too made a profit deal, 8% of profits.
Guess what the company did? Sold its oil cheap to a subsidiary company (ie nokia mobiles selling to nokia supermarket).. and thus made a really small profit. Their subsidiary instead made a whole lot :D
Still, even that shrink down profot amounted to 80% of state incomes... and that is what caused them to want to nationalise :D Should have been even greedier, and the persians would never have wanted to upset the deal.. lol

No, take a piece of the volume, like 1/5 of every cubic kilometer gas passing thru.

Brännvin
09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
20% is a misery, why you think they are building it here? They were incompetent to bend the Poles who wanted 50% of profit after 2015, it already exist liking Russia to Germany via Poland and Belarus..

Hweinlant
09-25-2009, 10:51 PM
No, take a piece of the volume, like 1/5 of every cubic kilometer gas passing thru.

http://www.luovutettukarjala.fi/vaakunat/koivisto_vaakuna.gif

http://www.luovutettukarjala.fi/pitajat/koivisto/koi859.jpg

http://www.luovutettukarjala.fi/pitajat/koivisto/koi943.jpg

Rooshans have fucked up beatifull Koivisto, like all of Karjalan Kannas. Germany should wake up and realise that dealing with criminals will make you criminal. Dont buy from mafia if you dont want to be part of mafia. Rooshans can not even provide security to gaspipe, case example: Ship Arctic Sea, sailing around with rooshans nukes. Nice....

Motörhead Remember Me
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
As long as Russia does not recognize the only legal international agreement effective, the Tartu peace agrement from 1920 and return to those only legal borders between Russia, Finland and Estonia, the state Rossiya is nothing less than the heir and upholder of Soviet criminal legacy.

Modern Russia is responsible for all systematic illegal activity conducted by the Sovietunion and should be treated as a dictatorship.

Different name, apparently same shit.

In Word and In Deed
Russia’s President Vladimir Putin sealed yesterday, September 1, 2005, the ruling that has disavowed frontier agreements made with Estonia in May. Officially, Estonia has ignored the move of the Russian president, perhaps, because it was more than expected in Tallinn - Russia’s Foreign Ministry actually disavowed the agreements in late June, the Cabinet upheld that decision in August.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and his Estonian counterpart Urmas Paet sealed frontier agreements on marine space division (the Gulf of Narva and the Gulf of Finland) in Moscow on May 18, 2005. The agreements secure the administrative border between former Soviet Union’s Russia and Estonia with the slight adjustment, i.e. “on terms of the adequate territorial compensation). Under the agreements, the parties were to relinquish to each other as much as 128.6 hectares of land and 11.4 sq. km. of lake surface.

Estonian parliament ratified the agreements in June, having added, however, the reference to the Tartu Peace Agreement made between Estonia and Soviet Russia in 1920 and the reference to the Soviet occupation of 1940. The thing is that under the Tartu Agreement, Estonian territory was widener than the territory of Soviet Estonia. In particular, pre-war Estonia included Pechora Region (today’s Pskov Region) and Ivangorod (part of the Leningrad Region).

Moscow was outraged. Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov rebuffed in no time, pledging Russia will annual the signing and they will have to start the talks all over again.

In word, Putin upheld the annulment on July 3, 2005. In deed, the president sealed the respective ruling yesterday, September 1, 2005, obviously to the great perplexity of Estonian media and policymakers.

by www.kommersant.com

Albion
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Russian officials have asked the businessmen to withdraw their claim, they also have offered substancial amount of €'s.. Group replied that they will withdraw the claim if Russia returns Karelian Isthmus to Finland.

So they either win back Karelia for Finland or get a lot of money. Nice. :thumb001:

The Ripper
11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, not gonna happen. :D

The pipeline was opened a couple of days ago.

Motörhead Remember Me
11-13-2011, 01:12 PM
For me, the gas pipeline deal between Russia and Germany is just a modern economy variant of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

Albion
11-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, not gonna happen. :D

The pipeline was opened a couple of days ago.

What happened with the business men? Did they get their money or did they get ignored?

Motörhead Remember Me
11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
They got ignored because they admitted to have another agenda. If they'd just shut up about their real purpose and continued to claim rights to geological projects, the case could have continued a little longer...