PDA

View Full Version : Does Eastern Europe Still Exist?

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Awd2iU1rw

Discuss.....

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Not it does not, but there are still remnants of it.

Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, were historically Western, but the Commies came and messed this up, and dragged these countries down to the level of some Ukrainian kolkhoznik.

sevruk
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Not it does not, but there are still remnants of it.

Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, were historically Western, but the Commies came and messed this up, and dragged these countries down to the level of some Russian kolkhoznik.

Russian kolkhoznik first visited into space;)

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Without "you know who" funding and creating and supporting the USSR, 99% of Russians would have been kolkhozniks to this day.
But this thread is not about this ;)

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM

please don't turn this into a 'Russia, strong' thread.....

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Geographically, of course.

"Eastern Europe" should not be thought of as an insult.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Geographically, of course.
but is it this?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Eastern-Europe-small.png/350px-Eastern-Europe-small.png

Baluarte
04-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Too much thought being put into the obvious dissonance between the geographic concept and the political reality.

"Eastern Europe" was just a comfortable name for the countries that were on the Soviet side of the Iron wall

Czech Republic is in the same longitude as Austria. Don't sweat on it.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:05 PM
but is it this?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Eastern-Europe-small.png/350px-Eastern-Europe-small.png

Roughly. But with minor differences like East Germany falling to the west.

When most people think "East Europe", they think Slavic.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Roughly. But with minor differences like East Germany falling to the west.

When most people think "East Europe", they think Slavic.

but is that a fair and accurate presumption?
surely you would agree that Poland is more similar to Germany, rather than Russia.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM
surely you would agree that Poland is more similar to Germany, rather than Russia.

Eastern Europe has to start somewhere, regardless of how culturally similar it is to its neighbours.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Eastern Europe has to start somewhere, regardless of how culturally similar it is to its neighbours.

I would say that Protestant+Catholic = Western
Orthodox=Eastern

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 06:17 PM

but these countries has so many vast differences between one another, how could you simply label it ''eastern europe''?

I think you've been a bad boy and didn't watch the video :P

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Orthodox=Eastern

Yes. And the most progressive Westerners are Protestant.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:19 PM
but these countries has so many vast differences between one another, how could you simply label it ''eastern europe''?

What do you want to label it? Germany and France are also vastly different in culture, yet they are both Western Europe.

I admit I did not, it seems too long :P

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Same for Western Europe. Who are Germans closer to, Western European Portuguese, or Eastern European Czechs?

sevruk
04-11-2013, 06:21 PM
please don't turn this into a 'Russia, strong' thread.....

Russia is strong, even a child aware of this:thumb001:

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 06:22 PM
What do you want to label it? Germany and France are also vastly different in culture, yet they are both Western Europe.

Is culture the only factor? what about politics, religion(contemporary and historic), geography etc?

I admit I did not, it seems too long :P

:angryw :P

Russia is strong, even a child aware of this:thumb001:
good for you! :thumb001:

Talvi
04-11-2013, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya55Q-WdIrQ

I agree that it is an outdated term, especially because I have never seen my own country as Eastern and never felt any connection to any of the ex-Soviet countries.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Is culture the only factor? what about politics, religion(contemporary and historic), geography etc?

Of course you can split Europe in many different ways. "Nordic countries", "Balkan countries", etc. And yes one can make a division based on religion too. Or political affiliations.

Strictly geographically though Eastern Europe remains Eastern Europe. When I think "Eastern Europe", the first country that comes to my mind is Poland (and the second Estonia :P).

sevruk
04-11-2013, 06:35 PM

technically Russia not only eastern europe.
Besides Eastern Europe=bunch of immigrants/hard workers in Western Europe, Russia does not do it

Talvi
04-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Of course you can split Europe in many different ways. "Nordic countries", "Balkan countries", etc. And yes one can make a division based on religion too. Or political affiliations.

Strictly geographically though Eastern Europe remains Eastern Europe. When I think "Eastern Europe", the first country that comes to my mind is Poland (and the second Estonia :P).

So this means that all the years maintaining and reading this forum as thought you absolutely nothing?

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
So this means that all the years maintaining and reading this forum as thought you absolutely nothing?

What? :rotfl:

Windischer
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
theres still quite big difference between western european countries and former eastbloc countries. in society, economics, the-way-things-work (or dont work :D ), etc.
and again theres quite big difference between slovakia and, lets say, ukraine or romania.

Graham
04-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Orthodox=Eastern

North = Protestant+Atheist :P

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM

Top 10 most Protestant countries in Europe
Denmark
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
United Kingdom
Estonia
Latvia
Germany
Hungary

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
the most superior part of europe :P

Denmark
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
United Kingdom

Estonia
Latvia
Germany
Hungary

that would be the north.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Denmark
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
United Kingdom
Estonia
Latvia
Germany
Hungary

Certainly Netherlands should come before Germany and Hungary?

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Certainly Netherlands should come before Germany and Hungary?

Surprisingly not. 51.3% is irreligious. 25% is Catholic and 15% Protestant.

Loki
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Surprisingly not. 51.3% is irreligious. 25% is Catholic and 15% Protestant.

That's a high level of atheist. However one should realise that most of the irreligious ones come from former Protestant backgrounds. So I think it is safe to say that the majority of Dutch people are of Protestant background.

Hevo
04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Denmark
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
United Kingdom
Estonia
Latvia
Germany
Hungary

Where is the Netherlands?

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Where is the Netherlands?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by_country

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:03 PM
As I explained Hevo, most Dutch atheists come from Protestant backgrounds.

Hevo
04-11-2013, 07:06 PM

I quoted his post but i was getting a drink, so i didn't read your post when i replied.:D

riverman
04-11-2013, 07:07 PM
no, it doesn't. it never really did

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I think the Balkan and surrounds we can name "Ottoman Europe" ;)

Windischer
04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
mhm protestantism is the criterion?
there are more protestants in slovakia or czech republic, than in estonia or iceland :D

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
"Eastern Europe", no matter what Poles and others would like, is the term and will be the term for former Communist Countries of Europe, so Albania in southern Europe is a Eastern European country, but Greece which has land and borders further east than Albania is considered part of Western Europe. I doubt this will last for ever, slowly countries will break off in people's minds, they will become Balkan nations, south European nations, Baltic republics, maybe Black Sea nations and finally Some will become that old term, "Central European" countries and more accurate terms will be used, but for now: East European countries = ex-communist countries.

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
mhm protestantism is the criterion?
there are more protestants in slovakia or czech republic, than in estonia or iceland :D

Slovaks are the coolest Slavs. They're almost Germanic :)

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 07:18 PM
no, it doesn't. it never really did

this is the premise of the video(I'm sure all of you watched it), the concept of eastern europe only came about in the mid 20th century.

this is why I pose the question, Is it fair to still categorise these countries as eastern europe, just because of of the warsaw pact?

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Slovaks are the coolest Slavs. They're almost Magyar:)

Fixed.

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
this is why I pose the question, Is it fair to still categorise these countries as eastern europe, just because of of the warsaw pact?

No. It's especially unfair to Estonia. This map is about right imo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg/350px-Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg.png

Corvus
04-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Hungarian not Germanic

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
No. It's especially unfair to Estonia. This map is about right imo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg/350px-Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg.png

I disagree. Hungary was the Second country in Europe (after Italy) to have the Renaissance. Much of it was the Bastion of Protestantism in Central Europe (Debrecen was nicknamed as the Calvinist Rome), and generally was Easternmost Western Country. Historically we have very little to do with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, didn't even share borders, and Romanians, lets not go there ;)

Not to mention the fact that we were quite "progressive".
First religious freedom laws in Europe, first Ethnic minority laws in Europe.

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Hungarian not Germanic
Its other round. Hungarians are Maygarised Slovaks.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I disagree. Hungary was the Second country in Europe (after Italy) to have the Renaissance. Much of it was the Bastion of Protestantism in Central Europe (Debrecen was nicknamed as the Calvinist Rome), and generally was Easternmost Western Country. Historically we have very little to do with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, didn't even share borders, and Romanians, lets not go there ;)

you can draw a lot of similarities with protestant and orthodox beliefs

Windischer
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
you can draw a lot of similarities with protestant and orthodox beliefs

both christian, and it ends about there.

Corvus
04-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Its other round. Hungarians are Maygarised Slovaks.

Yes it all a question of perspective :p but Slovaks are not Germanic, or only to a minor extend.
Just wanted to get this straight

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 07:41 PM
both christian, and it ends about there.

in both priests are allowed to marry, it doesn't end there...

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
in both priests are allowed to marry, it doesn't end there...

Hence their priests don't have to fiddle with little boys.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Hence their priests don't have to fiddle with little boys.

Not quite true, I read about pedophilia in Serbian Orthodox Church.

http://fellowship.birn.eu.com/en/fellowship-programme/fellowship-programme-2010-project-ivan-angelovski-culture-of-impunity-shields-pedophile-clergy-in-serbia-and-croatia

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Not quite true, I read about pedophilia in Serbian Orthodox Church.

http://fellowship.birn.eu.com/en/fellowship-programme/fellowship-programme-2010-project-ivan-angelovski-culture-of-impunity-shields-pedophile-clergy-in-serbia-and-croatia

Yes I've heard about that.

el22
04-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I think the Balkan and surrounds we can name "Ottoman Europe" ;)

:patpat:

xajapa
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
It seems with all the issues lately within the EU, financially, you might even consider dividing Europe as north and south. What is the strongest southern European nation, financially?

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 07:59 PM
It seems with all the issues lately within the EU, financially, you might even consider dividing Europe as north and south. What is the strongest southern European nation, financially?
Italy, probably.

Loki
04-11-2013, 07:59 PM

Italy.

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Italy.
Stop mocking me, its not nice.

Arbėrori
04-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Eastern Europe are Slavicized Albanian lands, teh truth :rotfl: :laugh:

xajapa
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
And Italy is struggling. How many of the "former" Eastern European nations are in better financial shape than Italy right now?

Loki
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Yeah and I guess even Gypsies are Romanized Albos :)

Windischer
04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
1. orthodox priests arent allowed to marry. theyre allowed to become priests even if theyre married. but once a man becomes priest, he cant marry.
2. this is not part of beliefs, its only a practice. practices change, beliefs remain (and beliefs are important)

anyway on topic. well why would it be unfair to call us eastern european. from a certain viewpoint its totally legit. however its getting outdated. since some "eastern european" countries are now politically part of the west.
culturally, theres still something like central europe. i live on borders of central and eastern europe. dont imagine the border as some kind of a neat line, though. its more about people than about maps.

p. s. i would be glad if our hungarian members stopped equating modern concept of nation state (hungary) and medieval "state" (hungary), thats as different as bike and car. names may be similar, but nominalism is a quite retarded approach to history...
p. s. 2: maybe you would be surprised and maybe not, but a lot of people in slovakia are descendants of assimilated carpatho-germans.

Sisak
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Not to mention the fact that we were quite "progressive".
First religious freedom laws in Europe, first Ethnic minority laws in Europe.

Real Europe is ex Austro-hungary.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
p. s. i would be glad if our hungarian members stopped equating modern concept of nation state (hungary) and medieval "state" (hungary), thats as different as bike and car. names may be similar, but nominalism is a quite retarded approach to history...
Hungary is the continuation of Kingdom of Hungary .

p. s. 2: maybe you would be surprised and maybe not, but a lot of people in slovakia are descendants of assimilated carpatho-germans.
A lot is an exaggeration.
Are you talking about assimilation after WW2? Or before?

Dacul
04-11-2013, 08:16 PM
"Eastern Europe" is only a concept that appeared in the demented minds of some people from US.
Now they spread their dementia,concerning this , to lots of people.

I am so sorry,but average US citizen is very uncivilised and unhuman compared to what they are calling "Eastern Europeans".
They (Us citizens) got a lot of nerve to call themselves "western europeans" and superior, :laugh: .

Arbėrori
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah and I guess even Gypsies are Romanized Albos :)

Hey, I like Eastern European gypsies! :P
All of Europe is Albanian, whether you like it or not! :mad: :rotfl:

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 08:20 PM
And Italy is struggling. How many of the "former" Eastern European nations are in better financial shape than Italy right now?

almost all of them. when it comes to GDP italy is stronger but eastern europe is a lot more stable.

Lisa
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary are former provinces of other country - Russia, Austria and Prussia. Accordingly they have a hard inferiority complex - today they listen of Americans and Germans - yesterday USSR etc. this distinguishes them from the German mentality.
BTW I do not believe in religious diference of modern European Christians..

Dacul
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Some idiot US citizen,pure white and that was working at CIA,was coming to enrage romanians against slavic speakers,against russians,against ukrainians,against hungarians.
To learn us how to preserve "our ethnicity".
I know that highest threat to preserving Europe are most garbage movies that are coming from US and their idiotic lifestyle and un-culture,lol.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary are former provinces of other country - Russia, Austria and Prussia. Accordingly they have a hard inferiority complex - today they listen of Americans and Germans - yesterday USSR etc. this distinguishes them from the German mentality.

Looks like someone does not know their history. But hey, you have the mentality of a typical Derzhavist kholkhoznik, so carry on.

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 08:25 PM
*facepalm*

Dacul
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM

Czech Republic is as civilisation and how smart and productive they above Russia and above Austria.
They do not listen to US and they did not listened to URSS either.
Also Poland are very educated and so on.
You are having a noob idea,that slavic speakers should serve the interests of russians.
When Poland and Czechia had University,most russians nobles did not even knew to read or write,while US did not existed.
:lol:

Pallantides
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I know that highest threat to preserving Europe are most garbage movies that are coming from US and their idiotic lifestyle and un-culture,lol.

http://i.imgur.com/t0yFnph.jpg

Windischer
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
By your logic Russian Federation has nothing to do with the Russian Empire.

i didnt say old and new hungary have nothing to do with each other. its just not the same hungary. i meant youre looking at medieval political union of landlords through modern eyes. the concept of state as we know it today is being introduced since 17th century (when hungary was part of austrian empire - the part controlled by ottoman empire wasnt hungary although it still was the same land). the term state in modern meaning originates in italy (florence i think - mr. machiavelli)
and russian empire didnt exist in middle ages. there was muscovy.
and modern russian federation isnt a nation state, while hungary is.
although you can see the persistent tradition of despotism there :D

A lot is an exaggeration.
Are you talking about assimilation after WW2? Or before?
long before ww2, in most cases.
a lot is a relative thing, how do you know if i exaggerate or not? :D
several tens of thousands maybe.
a lot to me, almost nothing to chinese :D

Orel
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM

you wish you were slav.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
As for people liking Germany,what is your problem about that Lisa?
What they would want to like,Russia,a mafia-lead state?
I think most mafia state from Europe is Russia,not Italy.

riverman
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
you wish you were slav.

speaking of slavs, how are albos less slav than other groups? serious question

Mans not hot
04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
You cannot be serious...?

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 08:41 PM

barbariansteelpost.jpg

inactive_member
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
today they listen of Americans and Germans - yesterday USSR etc. this distinguishes them from the German mentality.

This is so true.

I read an article concerning foreign relations of a small eastern EU member country recently. An 'advisor' from America was lecturing the kind of policies top politicans of the small country should be adopting. And was doing so openly!! It looked unusual. These countries need a political potrange. It seems to be very important for them to be recognised as a part of European community; hence, they are constantly talking about which country is central or eastern Europe etc. If you are in political sphere of the west, then you are not Eastern European.

On several occasions I witnessed people referring to their county as "Europe" not mentioning the name of the country. I grew up in a place where the discussions of being eastern or central Europe does not concern people. Even if we are called the Far East Europeans. We are who we are. :)

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
probably cuz they arent slavs.........

Windischer
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
almost all of them. when it comes to GDP italy is stronger but eastern europe is a lot more stable.

mhm, stably poor :D at least when compared to italy.
if i can speak for slovakia, with its socialist government this country is going the "greek road". i dont understand why people voted for combination of nationalism and bolshevism.

riverman
04-11-2013, 08:49 PM
probably cuz they arent slavs.........

slavs is more of a languge group, do you know how different many Balkan "slavs" are from say Russian or Ukrainian slavs?

riverman
04-11-2013, 08:50 PM
You cannot be serious...?

o.k. so Balkan slavs are the same as poles? what are you talking about

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
This is so true.

I read an article concerning foreign relations of a small eastern EU member country recently. An 'advisor' from America was lecturing the kind of policies top politicans of the small country should be adopting disregarding. Openly!! It looked unusual. These countries need a political potrange. It seems to be very important for them to be recognised as a part of European community; hence, they are constantly talking about which country is central or eastern Europe etc. If you are in our political sphere, then you are not Eastern European. :)

On several occasions I witnessed people referring to their county as "Europe" not mentioning the name of the country. I grew up in a place where the discussions of being eastern or central Europe does not concern people. Even if we are called the Far East Europeans. We are who we are. :)

Hungary has passed new constitution and amendments despite stern warnings from the EU, USA, United Nations, etc. I have made many threads about this.

Sure some countries do not have balls, but to say this is the mentality of all of former Warsaw pact is ridiculous.

Russians are hardly the ones to talk. Their state was organised by Germanics, and most of their rulers were not Russians. Russians are obedient people, Putin says jump, Russians jump, NKVD says rape, Russians will rape. Totally obedient and servile, following their Georgian, German, Jewish, Finnic leaders like sheep, showing no signs of resistance. If some Oil Oligarch told them to kill their next door neigbour they would do it without questioning or thinking.

We put up resistance to anyone who tried to subdue us, if violence didn't work, we did it passively, and today it is "democratically".

Arbėrori
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM

No, but they're technically Slavs. We're the Illyrians.

Orel
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM

illyrians my ass. you are algerian immigrants in balkans corrupting slavic genepools.

Arbėrori
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
illyrians my ass. you are algerian immigrants in balkans corrupting slavic genepools.

Sorry, you were the ones lusting for our men and Slavicizing them in the end! :wink

riverman
04-11-2013, 08:54 PM

idk many Balkan slavs are completely different from anything i'm familiar with, couldn't be that much of a connection there. "technically", o.k.

Arbėrori
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM
idk many Balkan slavs are completely different from anything i'm familiar with, couldn't be that much of a connection there. "technically", o.k.

Well there is, a linguistic one that is. :)

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
mhm, stably poor :D at least when compared to italy.
if i can speak for slovakia, with its socialist government this country is going the "greek road". i dont understand why people voted for combination of nationalism and bolshevism.

not poor.... most of them have a moderate amount of wealth

slavs is more of a languge group, do you know how different many Balkan "slavs" are from say Russian or Ukrainian slavs?

following that logic, you could say the same thing about greece

inactive_member
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Czech Republic is as civilisation and how smart and productive they above Russia and above Austria.
They do not listen to US and they did not listened to URSS either.
Also Poland are very educated and so on.
You are having a noob idea,that slavic speakers should serve the interests of russians.
When Poland and Czechia had University,most russians nobles did not even knew to read or write,while US did not existed.
:lol:
There are around 1000 birch-barks manuscripts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_bark_manuscript) un-covered in Novgorod dated to 9-15th century. Such pieces were written in other regions, but were not preserved due unfavourable environmental conditions. Those were written by merchants and common folks. Moreover, Russia has contributed to the world of Science, Literature and Arts no less than other countries.

Seeing you being a 34 constantly making fool of yourself I am beginning to agree with the stereotypes Ukrainians have about your contrymen being not bright people.

Peikko
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
...and we have another thread about Albanians. Great.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
There are around 1000 birch-barks manuscripts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_bark_manuscript) un-covered in Novgorod dated to 9-15th century. Such pieces were written in other regions, but were not preserved due unfavourable environmental conditions. Those were written by merchants and common folks. Moreover, Russia has contributed to the world of Science, Literature and Arts no less than other countries.

Seeing you being a 34 constantly making fool of yourself I am beginning to agree with the stereotypes Ukrainians have about your contrymen being not bright people.
Lol,1000 manuscripts over 600 years?
You know that makes an average of 1.6 manuscripts written per year.
Considering how many were russians those times,I think you are only proving what I have said,that they were very un-educated people.
A person can write a manuscript in one year,so we can suppose were 4-5 persons per year,that knew to write and read,in whole Russia.
Guess they were over 1 million,so :
:rofl:

Virtuous
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Is located in Eastern Europe, if I'm not mistaken.

inactive_member
04-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Hungary has passed new constitution and amendments despite stern warnings from the EU, USA, United Nations, etc. I have made many threads about this.

Sure some countries do not have balls, but to say this is the mentality of all of former Warsaw pact is ridiculous.

Russians are hardly the ones to talk. Their state was organised by Germanics, and most of their rulers were not Russians. Russians are obedient people, Putin says jump, Russians jump, NKVD says rape, Russians will rape. Totally obedient and servile, following their Georgian, German, Jewish, Finnic leaders like sheep, showing no signs of resistance. If some Oil Oligarch told them to kill their next door neigbour they would do it without questioning or thinking.

We put up resistance to anyone who tried to subdue us, if violence didn't work, we did it passively, and today it is "democratically".

I am not saying the countries need to be in the sphere of Russian influence or not listening to foreign policy 'advisors' from USA or EU. It's logical for Czech Republic and Poland to have relations with western European countries and European organisations or unions that exist in Europe, as the countries are geographically close to western Europe. It seems some governments of former countries, which I am not going to mention , cannot shrug off the dominance from their minds the political dominance of former rulers.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
which I am not going to mention , cannot shrug off the dominance from their minds the political dominance of former rulers.

Why not mention the country? I am interested to know.

Pallantides
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry,but average US citizen is very uncivilised and unhuman compared to what they are calling "Eastern Europeans".

Why do you hate freedom?

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
I am not saying the countries need to be in the sphere of Russian influence or not listening to the 'advisors' to USA and EU. It's logical for Czech Republic and Poland to have relations with western European countries and European organisations or unions existing in Europe, as the countries are geographically close to western Europe. It seems some governments of former countries, which I am not going to mention , cannot shrug off the dominance from their minds the political dominance of former rulers.
You are sick at your mind,there is no such a thing as "Western Europe" and "Eastern Europe".
Only in the minds of some "americans" (read jews,which are not really mentally sane) are "Western Europeans" and "Eastern Europeans".
These people who splited Europe in "Western Europe" and "Eastern Europe" are actually mostly jews.
Both US and Russia have in common the fact they have lots of jews with lots of money .

Czechia is one of the base countries from Europe and the states from European Union.
Is very normal to be closed to Germany and European Union and distant to US &Russia .

Only a mentally insane european would like to be lead by people of judaic religion/states (as now US and Russia are) who have plenty of such people with lots of money.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Why do you hate freedom?

In UE is real freedom.
Niether Russia,neither US have freedom,they are police-jewish lead states.

Pallantides
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Lol Americans are not the only ones who divide West and East Europe.

inactive_member
04-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Lol,1000 manuscripts over 600 years?
You know that makes an average of 1.6 manuscripts written per year.
Considering how many were russians those times,I think you are only proving what I have said,that they were very un-educated people.
A person can write a manuscript in one year,so we can suppose were 4-5 persons per year,that knew to write and read,in whole Russia.
Guess they were over 1 million,so :
:rofl:

Those that were preserved in soil. The pieces were written by common folks ontaining texts such as "come and help be to collect the debt etc" and thrown away unlike the religious or government texts or chronicles. Among Slavic countries, eastern Slavic countries have some of the earliest historical chronicles written in Kiev, Novgorod, Pskov and other cities which historians from other Slavic countries use today.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Is some jews who splitted Europe as Western and Eastern.
Who gave a part of Europe to URSS which was jewish state?
US.
I know very well that first so called "comunists" that lead Romania were mostly jewish.
They (some jews) are trying to keep Europe and europeans divided,so they (some jews) can lead them (europeans) better.
Now they dislike European Union cause they can not control this union of states.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Now they dislike European Union cause they can not control this union of states.
:picard2:

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
:picard2:
Go away noob turanist,people who are supporting Turkey and so called "pan-turanism" are jewish agents also,even if they are saying they are against jews.
They are saying this,to disguise themselves.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Go away noob turanist,people who are supporting Turkey and so called "pan-turanism" are jewish agents also,even if they are saying they are against jews.
They are saying this,to disguise themselves.

What can I say, Romanian logic.

Pallantides
04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Sounds like Dacul is in need of some FREEDOM.
http://www.westonsigns.com/images/P/WSCUS015_R-01.jpg

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Jews are working like this:
make these people think they are different to the people near them.
Now start to make the other people think same.
Exaggerate whatever differences may exist and hide the common customs and so on.
Raise even more the hatred between these people,after initial hatred was seed,by coming with lies and propaganda etc.
After,if they get to war,sell them cheap weapons,let them kill between themselves,after come to say "nationalism is not good,it lead to this etc" and fill the country with jews,which are getting lots of power.
Things like this.
Jews are very smart but very unhuman also,because of their religion,they are so unhuman.

Insuperable
04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I find it interesting that the video openly discusses this and the fact we all know that for Western Europeans the term Eastern Europe has other meanings than just pure geography, linguistic barriers and culture. If Eastern Europe was always on pair with Western Europe the term would have those meanings and I bet that it would focus solely on geography and not on culture and language.

When some countries of the Eastern bloc become very rich and other poor, Westerners and others will invent a new name for the poor or those who are relatively poor.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I find it interesting that the video openly discusses this and the fact we all know that for Western Europeans the term Eastern Europe has other meanings than just pure geography, linguistic barriers and culture. If Eastern Europe was always on pair with Western Europe the term would have those meanings and I bet that it would focus solely on geography and not on culture and language.

When some countries of the Eastern bloc become very rich and other poor Westerners and others will invent a new name for the poor or those who are relatively poor.

That is the result of jewish propaganda.

Windischer
04-11-2013, 09:37 PM
not poor.... most of them have a moderate amount of wealth

migla, even slovakia, one of those richer countries of the former eastbloc, is poorer than italy.

p. s. sure, ussr was so jewish that it provided support for egypt and syria against israel. other eastbloc countries were forced to do the same. and persecutions of "zionists" (random innocent people) in 1950s...

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Sounds like Dacul is in need of some FREEDOM.
http://www.westonsigns.com/images/P/WSCUS015_R-01.jpg

Most romanians are noob brain-washed ,jewized people,by what bullshit /garbage comes from our mass-media from US,jewish controlled media.Do not think we good non-jewized news,movies or music that is produced in US (that kind still exists).
Think Romania is one of most trusted allies of Jewunited states of America,together with Turkey,another jewized state.

riverman
04-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Most romanians are noob brain-washed ,jewized people,by what bullshit /garbage comes from our mass-media from US,jewish controlled media.
Think Romania is one of most trusted allies of Jewunited states of America,together with Turkey,another jewized state.

this forum isn't u.s.a. based , get a clue

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM

Linguistic barriers and culture is not that relevant, how similar is Portuguese Culture and language to Swedish culture and language? They are both classed as Western Europeans.

The biggest reason for it is economy. Eastern Europe is poorer than the West, and more backward/less "progressive", and therefore the West looks down on former Eastern Block countries. And many think Eastern Europe is "backward" because we are lazy, stupid, subhuman, and that Eastern Europe has always been this way.

This is how average Westener thinks Eastern Europe looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0

Dacul
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
this forum isn't u.s.a. based , get a clue

I did not said is US based,I said the opinion of the people who split Europe in Western and Eastern is US based.
More exatly is coming from some jews from US and also from some jews from URSS.

riverman
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I did not said is US based,I said the opinion of the people who split Europe in Western and Eastern is US based.
More exatly is coming from some jews from US and also from some jews from URSS.

U.S. based? As in how?

Insuperable
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Linguistic barriers and culture is not that relevant, how similar is Portuguese Culture and language to Swedish culture and language? They are both classed as Western Europeans.

The biggest reason for it is economy. Eastern Europe is poorer than the West, and more backward/less "progressive", and therefore the West looks down on former Eastern Block countries. And many think Eastern Europe is "backward" because we are lazy, stupid, subhuman, and that Eastern Europe has always been this way.

This is how average Westener thinks Eastern Europe looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0

That is what I meant

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 10:15 PM
The biggest reason for it is economy. Eastern Europe is poorer than the West, and more backward/less "progressive", and therefore the West looks down on former Eastern Block countries. And many think Eastern Europe is "backward" because we are lazy, stupid, subhuman.

if the shoe fits....

Eastern Europe has always been this way.

that's debatable, Finland came out of the Russian empire but managed to become part of "the west"

This is how average north american thinks Eastern Europe looks like
fixed..

it might be an exaggeration, but it has some truth in it.

Loki
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
See also here:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?75705-Fish-farmer-bans-Eastern-Europeans

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
if the shoe fits....
Then what?

thats debatable, Finland came out of the Russian empire but managed to become "the west"
I did NOT say Eastern Europe was always poor, because it wasn't. At one point, Poland, Kingdom of Hungary, etc was richer than many Western countries. Hard to believe now, eh?

fixed..
Migla when someone says Eastern Europe, is this what a typical British girl thinks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1mYqY5YELd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1MVQeeStY

riverman
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
fixed..

it might be an exaggeration, but it has some truth in it.

huh? do you read the threads here?

Sisak
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
This how capital of Croatia Zagreb looks like, center of the city, doesn't look eastern to me. And its designed by Jews. Zagreb can not be explained without Jews.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Migla when someone says Eastern Europe, is this what a typical British girl thinks?
a little bit, yes.
Having been to eastern europe, I can say its a little bit like those videos

huh? do you read the threads here?
i made this thread.....

riverman
04-11-2013, 10:29 PM
a little bit, yes.

i made this thread.....

i'm referring to the many negative inferences made by Europeans about east Europe, but you acted like it was some 'american' thing, same with dacul

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 10:30 PM
a little bit, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZ-z3ZS_qI

Sisak
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
or this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBGZTqXVz8M

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
i'm referring to the many negative inferences made by Europeans about east Europe, but you acted like it was some 'american' thing, same with dacul

sorry if you got that impression, I meant that americans have a slightly harsher opinion on eastern europe.

Dacul
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Migla is idiot.
A victim of americanization.

riverman
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM
sorry if you got that impression, I meant that americans have a slightly harsher opinion on eastern europe.

hmm maybe only certain areas, like east-east Europe, where I have heritage, closer to central areas or Balkans, people don't really have much of an opinion afaik, and usually americans just combine nationalities & ethnicities or get them mixed up anyway.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
hmm maybe only certain areas, like east-east Europe, where I have heritage, closer to central areas or Balkans, people don't really have much of an opinion afaik, and usually americans just combine nationalities & ethnicities or get them mixed up anyway.

I don't blame you, after all eastern europe is not that close to you.

Comte Arnau
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
To me, Europe will remain tripartite as long as Germanics (N), Romanics (S) and Slavics (E) continue to exist. Sure, there are others too, but they're like those exceptions every rule's got. :)

Insuperable
04-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Valerija is Dacul's sister

Dacul
04-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Migla said bad words about Queen of UK.
She likes african people.
She considers some people from Europe,inferior,without any proofs.
Typical case of Americanization.
Czech Republic is not poor at all,:laugh: .
Neither Sloavkia.

dralos
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
hope it dies,horrible place

Dombra
04-11-2013, 10:49 PM
The pure definition is up to debate but in peoples eyes it still exist.

Rereg
04-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Today term Eastern Europe mean former ex-communist states which are poorer than "old EU-states", it's all. There's no one "eastern european culture", solidarity, mentality etc. But I read that 100 or 50 years ago people in France, UK or Netherlands in most cases never heard about countries located betwen Turkey, Russia, and Germany. A lot of "westerners" insert slavic nations in one category and this is very funny because for example Poland Czech Republic and Russia are three totall different countries.

RussiaPrussia
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM
yes, dont believe american sponsored propaganda

all countries from the west are either predominantly romanic or germanic speaking and practice either Catholicism or Protestantism not orthodoxy. Everything which doesnt fit that scheme is eastern european therefor greece and finland too as i pointed out in my thread.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?71671-Do-you-think-Greece-and-Finland-are-culturally-more-eastern-european-countries

People say its communism blablabla. Its not communism, eastern europe was isolated from the west since turks and mongols invaded europe and triggered an arms race which let to emerge russia, prussia and austria as great powers. Since that almost every eastern european coutnry was colonized. There was a period of time where Russia was the only independent eastern european country

http://home.versatel.nl/gerardvonhebel/euro1815.GIF

all these countries shared the same history of occupation as you can see.

Maybe there was connection to the west when germans lived in eastern europe like in the baltic area, huangary, romania and the volga but it all changed when germans were expelled and drove the area further into an own eastern culture.
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6629/kartevlker.jpg

Dacul
04-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Lol RussiaPrussia Ottoman Empire never conquered Wallachia.

Szegedist
04-11-2013, 11:45 PM
As always, RussiaPrussia talks a lot but says nothing.

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
RussiaPrussia, I recomend you read this book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reconstruction-Nations-Ukraine-Lithuania-1569-1999/dp/030010586X). It might help you understand the legacy of the russian empire in these countries a little better

riverman
04-11-2013, 11:56 PM
RussiaPrussia, I recomend you read this book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reconstruction-Nations-Ukraine-Lithuania-1569-1999/dp/030010586X). It might help you understand the legacy of the russian empire in these countries a little better

RussiaRrussia's views are similar to the American view, basically

Aunt Hilda
04-11-2013, 11:59 PM
RussiaRrussia's views are similar to the American view, basically

I think the european point of view is slightly more important, no offence :eyes

Rereg
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
http://home.versatel.nl/gerardvonhebel/euro1815.GIF

all these countries shared the same history of occupation as you can see.

This map show us only XIX century reality, in XVIII or XVII century Europe looked so:
http://addactivity.de/uploads/users/37/hanse/Europa%20P%C3%B3%C5%82nocna%20w%20XVII%20wieku.bmp
http://www.szkolarbis.pl/photos/1922.jpg

o__o
04-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes and it is stronger than evah!

riverman
04-12-2013, 12:02 AM
I think the european point of view is slightly more important, no offence :eyes

so? then why don't you say that to all the posts accusing the u.s.a. of influencing the European opinion etc. etc.

lol

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 12:04 AM
so? then why don't you say that to all the posts accusing the u.s.a. of influencing the European opinion etc. etc.

lol

because those guys are irrational, there is no reasoning with them :eyes

RussiaPrussia
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
This map show us only XIX century reality, in XVIII or XVII century Europe looked so:
http://addactivity.de/uploads/users/37/hanse/Europa%20P%C3%B3%C5%82nocna%20w%20XVII%20wieku.bmp
http://www.szkolarbis.pl/photos/1922.jpg

but there a time from 1800 to 1900 where russia was practicably the only eastern european country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_0B1CmTorw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eQ42KbVBAM

Jackson
04-12-2013, 01:17 AM
What a stupid question, of course it still exists. If it cannot then neither can north, south or western Europe. An area has to have all geographical regions by definition. Even if eastern Europe somehow got blown away in a bad storm, the next closest thing would gradually get to be known as eastern Europe.

Pallantides
04-12-2013, 01:19 AM
It's all Western Eurasia

riverman
04-12-2013, 01:24 AM
It's all Western Eurasia

yep, and no-ones going to agree on where 'central' Europe is etc. I'm personally of the opinion that Estonia should be "central Europe".

arcticwolf
04-12-2013, 01:31 AM

And that supposed to be cool or something? Watch your languange young man, we consider that to be a great offence! :laugh:

Vasconcelos
04-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Of course, anything to the east of Guadiana River is Eastern Europe.

arcticwolf
04-12-2013, 01:44 AM

Lisa, how long did it take you to arrive at this profound insight? I hope you didn't spend a whole lot of time on this. Thank you for sharing, though! :laugh:

riverman
04-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Migla said bad words about Queen of UK.
She likes african people.
She considers some people from Europe,inferior,without any proofs.
Typical case of Americanization.
Czech Republic is not poor at all,:laugh: .
Neither Sloavkia.

afaik americans don't really have opinions on Slovakia or the Czech republic, much less would know the ethnic or political difference from other countries in the region, your 'opinion' is weird about how americans perceive Europe.

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 01:58 AM
What a stupid question, of course it still exists. If it cannot then neither can north, south or western Europe. An area has to have all geographical regions by definition. Even if eastern Europe somehow got blown away in a bad storm, the next closest thing would gradually get to be known as eastern Europe.

did you even what the video? :picard2::picard1: the question is more metaphorical than geographical.

Dandelion
04-12-2013, 02:06 AM

Not necessarily. There are many Dutchmen of Catholic backgrounds, more than one would think. However, the state culture is heavily influence by Protestantism and people in power were Protestants for centuries. As a result a 'Catholic' Dutchman thinks more like a Protestant than a 'Catholic' Fleming would.

Mans not hot
04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Same in terms of what?

riverman
04-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Same in terms of what?

doesn't matter, obviously you can find some similarities, but you can find similarities between Albanians and other Balkan groups no doubt also.

Orel
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Sorry, you were the ones lusting for our men and Slavicizing them in the end! :wink

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000taKjEQ8dkOI/s/900/900/Libya-IMG-3451-Old-Man.jpg

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 07:07 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/0f0dfe3050e3712420ceb0b421bbcfce/tumblr_inline_miimiubqua1r3a4b6.gif

I was hoping to have a little philosophical discussion. but as always this had to turn into a who is 'more european' fight :(

Mans not hot
04-12-2013, 07:09 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/0f0dfe3050e3712420ceb0b421bbcfce/tumblr_inline_miimiubqua1r3a4b6.gif

I was hoping to have a little philosophical discussion. but as always this had to turn into a who is 'more european' fight :(
It's TA for you.

Albion
04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Eastern Europe is Belarus, Ukraine and Russia (and maybe Baltic states). The cold war usage is irrelevant apart from as a historical term.

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Eastern Europe is Belarus, Ukraine and Russia (and maybe Baltic states). The cold war usage is irrelevant apart from as a historical term.

estonia doesn't like what you just said :P

Szegedist
04-12-2013, 08:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png

Albion
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
estonia doesn't like what you just said :P

You mean Karl. :D

Albion
04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png

Quite a paradox - you Hungarians want to be Turanics and stress links with the east and then go and claim to be part of Western Civilisation (which you are). How are these compatible?

Szegedist
04-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Quite a paradox - you Hungarians want to be Turanics and stress links with the east and then go and claim to be part of Western Civilisation (which you are). How are these compatible?

1) I didnt make the map
2) We have links to both

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 08:33 PM
You mean Karl. :D

yeah, I've actually met an estonian girl who told me she's not ashamed of being eastern european. I think this explains Karls mentality :P

Mans not hot
04-12-2013, 08:35 PM
yeah, I've actually met an estonian girl who told me she not ashamed of being eastern european. I think this explains Karls mentality :P
Estonians vary a lot in terms of mentality, I'm sure of it.

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Estonians vary a lot in terms of mentality, I'm sure of it.

probably depends on the generation. That girls is 24 now.

Loki
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Estonians and Russians are quite close genetically.

Aunt Hilda
04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Estonians and Russians are quite close genetically.

they are neighbors but I doubt this is a determining factor when it comes to "westernness."

Jackson
04-13-2013, 12:57 AM
did you even what the video? :picard2::picard1: the question is more metaphorical than geographical.

No i didn't watch the video, i was answering the thread title, geographically.

Albion
04-13-2013, 09:24 AM
No i didn't watch the video, i was answering the thread title, geographically.

Same here, I rarely watch posted videos.

Odin
09-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Sure.

https://i.imgur.com/q2RSIHB.jpg