PDA

View Full Version : Nihilism As A Means Of Preservation

Freomæg
08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Bit of a strange concept this, but hear me out. It came to recently, whilst pondering the fate of our European heritage and the materialistic, soulless state of our western society, that I'd rather see everything we know turned to dust than to witness our slow, helpless descent into this bleak future we face.

I then started to think, perhaps this could be a legitimate form of preservationism. I know how crazy it sounds to label 'destruction' 'preservation', but in some (albeit abstract) way, cultural preservation has only failed when the concept of culture and tradition in the minds of men has outlived its existence - in short, when the theory has outlived the practical implementation.

Sometimes it's hard to see another way out of this mess. The world's in a pretty sorry state and I admit thinking, from time to time, that we'd be better off hit by a meteor.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I speaking complete nonsense? Would you rather adapt to a post-modern new world order - the kind of society depicted in so many sci-fi films, where overpopulation is rife, our disconnect with nature grows and we're demoted to little more than soulless consumer drones - or see the human race utterly eradicated, put out of our misery?

Liffrea
08-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I think destruction is part of nature, for the Hindus Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva, were the sustainer, creator and destroyer respectively, for Odinism, Heimdall, Odin and Loki may play comparable roles, the triune is a reflection of cosmic truth for creation to take place destruction first needs to take place, for growth to take place, order is needed to create the conditions of growth.

I have absolutely no doubt that Western civilisation, as we know it, is dead and finished, we are living in it’s demise and fall, such is the reality of all civilisations, providing enough of our Folk survive the fall something will be reborn from the ashes, this isn’t the end of our Folk, I don’t believe that at all.

But we do face a very bleak and dangerous period ahead.

Loki
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I speaking complete nonsense? Would you rather adapt to a post-modern new world order - the kind of society depicted in so many sci-fi films, where overpopulation is rife, our disconnect with nature grows and we're demoted to little more than soulless consumer drones - or see the human race utterly eradicated, put out of our misery?

The way I see it, is that nothing ever stays the same with regards to life on earth. It is constantly evolving and changing. In that sense, preservation is rather futile. It would be impossible to preserve cultures intact for thousands of years. This has never been possible, and will be even less likely in the future. Humans won't survive indefinitely on earth either, as our solar system itself has a finite lifespan. And even long before the earth becomes uninhabitable, human beings will probably die out, or have evolved into something entirely different.

Having considered all of the above, I think preservation is something more temporary; more immediate. Preserve your family and folk as far as you can, thinking of your generation and your offspring. You can't do much more than that, and it would be futile to worry about it too.