PDA

View Full Version : Eurogenes K36 Components With the Most Mesolithic European Alleles

Black Wolf
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
I am starting this thread because Vadim Verenich (Creator of the MDLP) has told me that he is probably not going to run the ancient European samples such as the Pitted Ware hunter-gatherers from Sweden, La Brana, GOK4, and Oetzi through the Eurogenes K36 analysis until sometime this upcoming summer. In the meantime then I thought it would be fun to speculate and discuss which components from the K36 may carry the largest amount of alleles inherited from Mesolithic European hunter-gatherers. Personally I am thinking that the Fennoscandian, Eastern_Euro and East_Central_Euro components probably have the largest amount of alleles inherited from the Mesolithic hunter-gatherers of Europe but it would be nice to see what others think about this topic.

Let's hear it then. What do others here think?

Vesuvian Sky
04-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Oetzi turned out to be roughly 50 meso- 50 neolithic I believe on one of the other calcs? Interesting thing is some of the Oracles now over at Gedmatch will see how much you are like Oetzi but they are the Oracles that are still "under development".

I came out something like 1.15% Oetzi.:)

Black Wolf
04-19-2013, 07:55 PM
^Was that the Dodecad K7b calculator? If it is then in that one he comes out 51.9% Atlantic_Baltic and 43.1% Southern. On K12b though he shows 0% North_European and that is the component that dominates the Swedish hunter-gatherer results.

Vesuvian Sky
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
^Was that the Dodecad K7b calculator? If it is then in that one he comes out 51.9% Atlantic_Baltic and 43.1% Southern. On K12b though he shows 0% North_European and that is the component that dominates the Swedish hunter-gatherer results.

That sounds about right. Interesting thing though that some have concluded from all this is the possibility of a reduction of paleolithic derived genes among modern day Euros. Though these aDNA samples related to modern day components also has me wondering what tr00 mesolithic and t00 Neolithic are so to speak and if they are as 'real' and well represented among modern day Euro's as these components can be.

Were the Swedish hunter gatherer samples from the Bramanti or Malmstrom study?

MfA_
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM
MDLP-22

ancient DNA genomic samples of Ötzi,(Keller et al.(2012)) Swedish Neolithic samples Gök4, Ajv52, Ajv70, Ire8, Ste7 (Skoglund et al. (2012)) and 2 La Brańa individuals from the Mesolithic sites of the Iberian Peninsula (Sánchez-Quinto et al.(2012)).

Bra1, Bra2 is mesolithic

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqn7iMc2P-yQdEItR3hlYzVVSE5yQjBkUzBzT1E5Ymc#gid=0

Black Wolf
04-19-2013, 08:06 PM
^Well there definitely has been a reduction of Paleolithic/Mesolithic genes in modern day Europeans but some of the ADMIXTURE components that we are discussing here will have more alleles inherited from the Paleolithic/Mesolithic population of Europe and some will have more alleles inherited from the Neolithic farmers who originated in the Near East/West Asia.

The Swedish hunter-gatherers originally came from the Malmstrom study I believe.

Black Wolf
04-19-2013, 08:14 PM
MDLP-22

Bra1, Bra2 is mesolithic

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqn7iMc2P-yQdEItR3hlYzVVSE5yQjBkUzBzT1E5Ymc#gid=0

Yes I remember that analysis that Vadim did as well. I find it very strange though that Latvians and Lithuanians score so low on the North-European-Mesolithic component which totally dominates the European hunter-gatherers results.