PDA

View Full Version : The Baltic countries - which is your favourite?

Loki
04-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Tell us, and give your reasons :)

alfieb
04-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Lithuania. Roman Catholic.

The others are Protestants, and have Finnic-speakers.

Loki
04-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Lithuania. Roman Catholic.

The others are Protestants, .

Precisely why I prefer Latvia and Estonia :P

MarkyMark
04-23-2013, 03:33 AM
I like Lithuania because of those pictures of Lithuanian nature a Lithuanian member posted. Its a very beautiful country.

inactive_member
04-23-2013, 04:22 AM
My favourite is Lithuania. I'm biased.

Belarusians and Lithuanians had a long history of relations living in peace for many years. I cannot recall any major conflict between Belarusians and Lithuanians. I can see many similarities in Lithuanian traditional culture and traditional way of life ordinary Lithuanian folks led. However, Lithuanian culture is unique in its own way which makes it interesting.

One has to admire Lithuanians for putting up a resistance against forced cultural assimilation and political dominance of larger nations. We shared good and bad spells together in the past . Today, Lithuania is a small nation but it has been around for a long time having a great history any nation can be proud of. I wish them good luck in the future and I hope they manage to preserve their unique culture and language for many years to come.

Aunt Hilda
04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Latvia. I think Riga is the most beautiful capital out of the 3. IMHO

Austo
04-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Lithuania
The reason doesnt have much to do with the country. I like that they are good in strongman competitions.

Dombra
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Not sure if Estonia or Latvia. Estonia can get on my nerves and Latvia is sometimes a bit too bland. IŽll pass voting