PDA

View Full Version : Infographic: Mapping the world's Jewish population

Gauthier
04-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Jul 25th 2012, 13:32 by The Economist online

JUDAISM is enjoying an unexpected revival, according to a special report to be published in this week’s Economist. The map and chart below show where the biggest Jewish populations live and how this has changed over the past century. In 1939, Jews numbered 16.5m people, up from 10.6m in 1900. By the end of the second world war, the Nazis had wiped out one-third of them, sweeping away a thousand years of Jewish civilisation in central and eastern Europe. The death toll might have been even higher, but a flurry of pogroms that started 60 years earlier across the then-tsarist empire had sent waves of Jewish emigrants westward. By the time Hitler struck, some 6m Jews were safe in North and South America and in Britain, with 3m more living in the Soviet Union. From 1948, most of the Jews of north Africa and the Levant emigrated. The break-up of the Soviet Union brought the latest big wave of Jewish migration to Israel in the early 1990s.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/07/daily-chart-16

(Hi-res graphic)
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8449/20120728srm001.png (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/20120728srm001.png/)

*Note: In the case of Mexico the number is higher; according to the recent Mexican census 67,400 persons declared themselves to be Jewish. (http://www.enlacejudio.com/2012/03/23/segun-el-inegi-67400-personas-se-declaran-judias-en-mexico/)

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Didn't realise the population dropped that dramatically in Eastern Europe and the Balkans.

RussiaPrussia
04-25-2013, 07:20 AM
israel is a great country for europe ,look how much european jews have left.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:21 AM

They will return :rolleyes:

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:23 AM

How you are benefit from others misery :(

alfieb
04-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Odd that the number in 1900 is nonexistent in Palestine, while we know that to be false.

According to census data, in 1900, Palestine was about 5% Jewish, and in 1914 it was about 10% Jewish. I'm sure there were a lot of crypto-Jews who hid their identities for political purposes.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Odd that the number in 1900 is nonexistent in Palestine, while we know that to be false.

According to census data, in 1900, Palestine was about 5% Jewish, and in 1914 it was about 10% Jewish. I'm sure there were a lot of crypto-Jews who hid their identities for political purposes.

then the jews started sworming from Europe, US, and Africa to Palestine that end in the formation of the Jewish State. we will get our land.

RussiaPrussia
04-25-2013, 07:28 AM
How you are benefit from others misery :(

youre responsible by your self muslims sold land for profit thats how it started

alfieb
then the jews started sworming from Europe, US, and Africa to Palestine that end in the formation of the Jewish State. we will get our land.
There's already an Arab Muslim state in Palestine - it's called Jordan.

sevruk
why Jewish population so much reduced in the period from 1939 to 1948?

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
what for misery? israel didnt existed before the holocaust. Since it exist you can see how european jews fled there, western europe hold only because of soviet jews. Germany gives even free citizenship for every jew.

You seem happy cause the jews left Europe for Palestine.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 07:30 AM
why Jewish population so much reduced in the period from 1939 to 1948?

WWII+Holocaust

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:31 AM

this is not my point. you can image Palestine by 3 rooms house, one is occupied by Isreal, we want this room.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 07:34 AM
I want a lot of things I'm never going to have, too.

The sooner Muslims are willing to realize and accept that they will never have East Jerusalem, the sooner there will be peace.

Gauthier
04-25-2013, 07:37 AM
this is not my point. you can image Palestine by 3 rooms house, one is occupied by Isreal, we want this room.

What for? As soon it passes to muslim hands the place will become just another hellhole like most of the islamic middle east.

You guys need to get over it.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:39 AM

The sooner Muslims are willing to realize and accept that they will never have East Jerusalem, the sooner there will be peace.

I hate the usage of word " Muslim " in every conflict in the Globe, e.g : Islam vs West, and in this case Islam vs Isreal, I thinks it's Arabs vs Isreal " the State of jews ". that is true, when we accept this cancer in our body the soon it will be better for us to wait for the second tumor to appear. there is No thing named Isreal, it's Palestine and we will get our land then we will have peace !!

alfieb
04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
I hate the usage of word " Muslim " in every conflict in the Globe, e.g : Islam vs West, and in this case Islam vs Isreal, I thinks it's Arabs vs Isreal " the State of jews ". that is true, when we accept this cancer in our body the soon it will be better for us to wait for the second tumor to appear. there is No thing named Isreal, it's Palestine and we will get our land then we will have peace !!

You're apparently quite naive. The Israelis are in control of the future. If you want a Palestinian state to ever exist, it will have to be Arab compromise that achieves it.

The most realistic proposal I've heard is the three-state solution. West Bank to Jordan, Gaza to Egypt.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:43 AM
What for? As soon it passes to muslim hands the place will become just another hellhole like most of the islamic middle east.

You guys need to get over it.

it's the same myths that I hear over and over, Muslims want to conquer the world ( they don't know how to produce a pistol actually ), with this formula, we will know How the Zionists enplant Isreal just because we are week. It's not the State of being muslim, IT'S OUR LAND !!

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 07:43 AM

No one owns Jerusalem. It is an international city. People can claim it all they want but according to the world it is owned by the UN.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
No one owns Jerusalem. It is an international city. People can claim it all they want but according to the world it is owned by the UN.
And does the UN have any control over it? No. The UN is as relevant in Jerusalem as Serbia is in Kosovo and Azerbaijan is in Karabakh.

Unified Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. The reason Palestine is not independent right now is because Arafat refused peace that gave all of Gaza and West Bank to him except for East Jerusalem.

The Arabs suffer because of Arab stubbornness.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:48 AM
You're apparently quite naive. The Israelis are in control of the future. If you want a Palestinian state to ever exist, it will have to be Arab compromise that achieves it.

The most realistic proposal I've heard is the three-state solution. West Bank to Jordan, Gaza to Egypt.

I don't think so, the Zionist circle is shrinking more and more, in the future, Isreal will lose any European Support and the some americans will convert to some Ultra white nationalism that is Against Zionism, then..... it's our turn.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:49 AM
And does the UN have any control over it? No. The UN is as relevant in Jerusalem as Serbia is in Kosovo and Azerbaijan is in Karabakh.

Unified Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. The reason Palestine is not independent right now is because Arafat refused peace that gave all of Gaza and West Bank to him except for East Jerusalem.

stubbornness for fighting for our land, we consider it our land and will never give up the fight.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 07:50 AM

Israel claiming Jerusalem as their capital is as legal as the independence of Kosovo. Israel's claim is illegal according to Resolution 478.

I reckon it's more stubborn for Israel to still claim Jerusalem even though it's not recognised by anyone.

RussiaPrussia
04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
You seem happy cause the jews left Europe for Palestine.

yeah i just wished they would take the rest with them,

israel is good for the world, jews are very poor there (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD/countries/XC-JP-GB-US-IL-SE?display=graph)since they cant rob and let other people for them work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUx7sMD9SFg

lol what is more dangerous that jews live in most powerful countries on earth with biggest economies ? or in some desert? Jewish power decreased greatly in the last years, ultra orthodox jews out breeding secular will further strengthening their decay.

meAyin-sixteen
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM

alfieb
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Israel claiming Jerusalem as their capital is as legal as the independence of Kosovo. Israel's claim is illegal according to Resolution 478.
Is Kosovo not independent? Maybe to you, and to other Serbs, in your fantasy world, it is still Serbian, but in the real world, where I live, Kosovo is Kosovo and Jerusalem is Israel.

I reckon it's more stubborn for Israel to still claim Jerusalem even though it's not recognised by anyone.
The United States government recognizes Jerusalem, and Congress has told the President to move our embassies from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but he hasn't for security and bureaucracy reasons.

Since 1995, the United States has recognized Jerusalem as capital of Israel.

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 07:59 AM
yeah i just wished they would take the rest with them,

israel is good for the world, jews are very poor there (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD/countries/XC-JP-GB-US-IL-SE?display=graph)since they cant rob and let other people for them work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUx7sMD9SFg

lol what is more dangerous that jews live in most powerful countries on earth with biggest economies ? or in some desert? Jewish power decreased greatly in the last years, ultra orthodox jews out breeding secular will further strengthening their decay.

you are wrong if you think they will let your European Super powers continue to thrift in peace, you are in very simple way a " Possible threat " to the Zionism, if you are willing to fight the problems will show up suddenly. they will cause the problem and they will have the cure, of course because they did it. the main strongholds for the Global Zionism are the US and Isreal.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Is Kosovo not independent? Maybe to you, and to other Serbs, in your fantasy world, it is still Serbian, but in the real world, where I live, Kosovo is Kosovo and Jerusalem is Israel.

Like I said, people can claim it all they want but the law is the law.

The United States government recognizes Jerusalem, and Congress has told the President to move our embassies from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but he hasn't for security reasons.

It's no surprise the United States would, they also recognise the independence of Kosovo and they also commit many war crimes. America is famous for its double standards.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Now who has a double standard. Serbians committed plenty of warcrimes themselves. :rolleyes:

Kosovo is 95% Albanian. Doesn't really make sense for anyone to want it to be part of Serbia, unless they are Serbian or have their own self-interests at hand (afraid their own minority provinces will follow suit).

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Now who has a double standard. Serbians committed plenty of warcrimes themselves. :rolleyes:

And so did the Albanians in Kosovo, but the Serbians were defending their borders. The US on the other hand invades countries and completely screws them over.

Kosovo is 95% Albanian. Doesn't really make sense for anyone to want it to be part of Serbia, unless they are Serbian or have their own self-interests at hand (afraid their own minority provinces will follow suit).

That doesn't make sense. A thread on The Apricity says 1/5 of Portugal's population is foreign. So should 1/5 of Portugal's land be separated from Portugal? And have you ever wondered how Kosovo's population got to 95% Albanian in 40 years? I'll give you a hint; with the same tactics Israel is using.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 08:18 AM
That doesn't make sense. A thread on The Apricity says 1/5 of Portugal's population is foreign. So should 1/5 of Portugal's land be separated from Portugal? And have you ever wondered how Kosovo's population got to 95% Albanian in 40 years? I'll give you a hint; with the same tactics Israel is using.
Well, you'll have yourselves to blame for that, since Serbia is the legal successor of Yugoslavia, and Yugoslavia controlled Kosovo since the end of WW2. Albanians hadn't controlled Kosovo since the early 1940s.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Well, you'll have yourselves to blame for that, since Serbia is the legal successor of Yugoslavia, and Yugoslavia controlled Kosovo since the end of WW2. Albanians hadn't controlled Kosovo since the early 1940s.

I'm not from Serbia so it isn't my problem, it's just an injustice that annoys me. And this has nothing to do with Jerusalem, I was just using an analogy to explain how illegal Israel's claim to Jerusalem is.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm not from Serbia so it isn't my problem, it's just an injustice that annoys me. And this has nothing to do with Jerusalem, I was just using an analogy to explain how illegal Israel's claim to Jerusalem is.
In your opinion.

Might makes right has been one of the most important, and well-established legal precedents in history.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:28 AM
In your opinion.

Might makes right has been one of the most important, and well-established legal precedents in history.

Yes, back when we were barbarians who burned women for having moles on their face :rolleyes2: But in the civilised world we settle our disputes with words and rules to make sure people aren't constantly fighting each other. If you want to belong to the uncivilised world (Might makes right) then move to Saudi Arabia or Iran where you can have all the might you want :thumb001:

alfieb
04-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Palestinians aren't a country, and Hamas certainly aren't civilized.

What was the legal precedent for the birth of Yugoslavia? A despotic Serbian king banned political parties and unilaterally created Yugoslavia. Sounds like "might makes right" to me.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Palestinians aren't a country, and Hamas certainly aren't civilized.

It doesn't matter whether you recognise Palestine as a state or not since Jerusalem doesn't belong to neither Israel nor Palestine. It is an international city administrated by the UN.

Methmatician
04-25-2013, 08:44 AM
I realise we've gone very off topic so this will be my last post about Jerusalem's ownership dispute.

Anglojew
The Jewish population is substantially larger. There are 10 million Jewish households in the USA. 6.3 million Jews in Israel. Throughout Europe and Latin America many Jews aren't open about their identity for a variety of reasons eg security, privacy.

alfieb
It doesn't matter whether you recognise Palestine as a state or not since Jerusalem doesn't belong to neither Israel nor Palestine. It is an international city administrated by the UN.
It's administered by the UN?

Where are they?

Stop living in the world of theories and join us in the physical world.

Dombra
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
How many Jooz where there in North Africa?

ariel
04-25-2013, 09:02 AM

only some couples thousands left...

dado
04-25-2013, 09:09 AM

we had it many times,we'll have it again..not only jerusalem

alfieb
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Not in our lifetimes.

ariel
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM

you can only dreaming abou it :D

Dombra
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Not in our lifetimes.

If we are lucky the future Muslims are either secularized and don´t care or wiped out.

Anglojew
04-25-2013, 09:47 AM

http://commentisfreewatch.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/refugees.jpg?w=593

baraSYR
04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
you can only dreaming abou it :D

We will have it :D

ariel
04-25-2013, 10:04 AM
We will have it :D

i dont think so my friend;)

Amun
04-25-2013, 12:58 PM

We already have 350-500 thousand Palestines in Egypt. They control certain neighborhoods in Cairo and Alexandria plus electricity industry and one of them had Egyptian nationality and is now the head of the Egyptian chamber of commerce. They make businesses where it is entirely controlled by Palestines only while the naitves suffer in poverty.
If Palestines sold their land, why the fuck i should carry their burden. Why every now and then Egyptians hear about soldiers who die in Sinai Peninsula by those basters. As Egyptian i do not want to see a single one of them in my country.

alfieb
04-25-2013, 01:25 PM
They were in your country until 1967 anyway. You invaded and conquered Gaza, then the Jews took it from you, and the "refugees" fled.

Amun
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
They were in your country until 1967 anyway. You invaded and conquered Gaza, then the Jews took it from you, and the "refugees" fled.

You have no idea of what type of people they are. I am not responsible of what caused on themselves. Egypt is heavily populated country with a weak economy and we do not need more parasites, we already have 5 Million Sudanese, 100 Lebanese ect.....
And when Gaza under Egyptian rule, they had a special cut of our budget for them. It is not like they were oppressed or something.

Lemonhead
02-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I thought there were 6 million chews in Israel.

zhaoyun
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I thought there were 6 million chews in Israel.

Roughly, I think it is slightly more than that. There are probably 500,000 plus in the occupied West Bank though most of those are in consolidated suburbs around East Jerusalem. I think Palestinians outnumber Jews on the whole in the combined totality of Israel and the occupied territories. The Israelis need to find a long term solution otherwise they will be outnumbered.