PDA

View Full Version : Eurogenes K36 Fennoscandian Component Origin

Black Wolf
04-25-2013, 05:22 PM
I have been thinking quite a bit lately about the origins and distribution of the Fennoscandian component from the latest Eurogenes K36 ADMIXTURE analysis. It seems to be an ancient component that is spread all over most of Europe in varying degrees and has survived the best by far in Finland. The fact that this component has survived the best in Finland makes it seem likely that it is largely of Mesolithic hunter-gatherer origin. That is it was at one time widely distributed in much of Europe but has decreased significantly in most areas and been replaced by other peoples coming in with Neolithic farming technologies. The smaller frequencies of this component in many parts of Europe such as Britain and Poland point to a small amount of these Mesolithic peoples being absorbed into larger more Neolithic genetically dominated cultures. So to sum it up I think the Fennoscandian component may represent largely Mesolithic autosomal DNA inheritance in Europeans.

Thoughts on this anyone else?

Mazik
04-26-2013, 08:13 AM
It would be interesting to have the ~80% mesolithic La braņa samples tested with k36. It would give us a clue how big part of the fennoscandian component who is actually mesolithic.

Black Wolf
04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
It would be interesting to have the ~80% mesolithic La braņa samples tested with k36. It would give us a clue how big part of the fennoscandian component who is actually mesolithic.

Yes I know having the La Brana, Swedish Pitted Ware, GOK4 from Funnelbeaker and Oetzi tested with K36 would answer many questions. I asked Vadim Verenich about this and he said he may get around to doing in sometime this summer.

Graham
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
There is some small amounts Siberian hidden also.. The more East Finnish you are, the higher your Fennoscandian will be.

Otzi would score decent West Med. ;)

Black Wolf
04-30-2013, 03:01 AM
There is some small amounts Siberian hidden also.. The more East Finnish you are, the higher your Fennoscandian will be.

Otzi would score decent West Med. ;)

I agree that Oetzi would score majority in some Mediterranean component.