PDA

View Full Version : A Paltry £200 Fine For List Leaker!

British and Proud
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
A Paltry £200 Fine For List Leaker! (http://unrepentantbritishnationalist.blogspot.com/2009/09/paltry-200-fine-for-list-leaker.html)

It was reported this afternoon that the only person found guilty of leaking the BNP's membership list has been fined a mere £200. The following extract is from The Telegraph:

Former BNP member fined £200 for releasing membership online

A former member of the British National Party, Matthew Single, was fined £200 after he admitted releasing membership details online.

Published: 10:59AM BST 01 Sep 2009

Single, 37, formerly of Brinsley, Nottinghamshire, admitted disclosing the names, addresses and occupations of some 12,000 members in a blog on the internet. The charges were dropped against his wife, Sadie Graham-Single.

Single, 30, was not at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Tuesday. District Judge John Stobart also ordered Single to pay £100 towards the cost of the

Now I'm certainly no legal expert, but I'd have thought leaking confidential information of this nature would have been a transgression of the Data Protection Act. Seeing as Single released the data nearly a year after he and Sadie had been expelled from the party, it is obvious that not only did he now hold the information unlawfully, but he also failed to keep the information safe - in fact he willfully published it, and presumably with malicious intent!

Now I understand that the maximum penalty for misusing personal data is an unlimited fine so the imposition of what ultimately amounts to a £300 fine is pathetic and definitely not retribution for the anxiety and suffering this bastard has caused.

Let's not underestimate the suffering this man caused. The following is from The Independent:

More than 160 complaints were made to the police from BNP members across the country after they became victims of revenge attacks following the publication of the list last November.
Outside court, Detective Sergeant Chris Reynolds said he was "disappointed" with today's result.

He added: "It's taken a great deal of work to get the case to court.

"There was pretty serious stuff after what happened. People were fearful for their safety.

"There was an arson attack on a vehicle; there were daubings and malicious communications.

"White powder was also put through people's letterboxes purporting to be anthrax and there were daubings of swastikas on garage doors and on homes."

Does a £300 fine seem just, given the incidents reported above? I personally received a threatening letter and emails, none of which I reported.

Biased Judiciary

The Telegraph quoted the judge thus:

"What you put on the internet can never be taken from it and while there may be some members in this organisation who do not deserve to be protected by the law they should be able to expect that officers within the organisation will not abuse the information provided to them."

I'd be intrigued for him to elaborate on this. I wonder who it is he believes should not receive protection from the law, and why? People convicted of the most heinous vicious crimes are afforded police protection after their release - the murderers of James Bulger, for example. Does he really believe that some of us are not entitled to live in peace and safety because we hold heretical political beliefs? To me that is a frightening indictment of the state of our judiciary. The 'march through the institutions' promised by the crypto-communists was clearly achieved long ago.

Cocooned in his ivory tower

"It comes as no surprise to me that somebody to do with an organisation that prides itself on Britishness is in fact living off the British people on Job Seeker's Allowance and that is why the fine is so low as to be ridiculous.

Is Judge John Stobart not aware that we are in the midst of the most sever recession since the 1930s? Probably not. He is clearly cocooned in his own ivory tower, and that's why he doesn't appreciate the reasons why people like me - employed and with not a single criminal conviction - have joined the British National Party.

Liffrea
09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought this was dead and buried…..

Sadie Graham, only ever saw her once, a few years back now when Nick came to Derby to speak at the Waterfall pub, never formed an opinion about her, but I know a lot of Derby BNP and up Heanor way didn’t trust her, seems they were proven right.

As for the phone calls, hmmm being phoned at 3.30 by a gimp (obviously not old enough to have bust a nut) threatening to “shoot me down” or “burn the house down” couldn’t decide whether to be embarrassed (for him) or amused.

I had about eight or nine calls in total, nothing I took seriously, except one that seemed like union or press related.

Hweinlant
09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
How did that bloke get the member register in the first place ? Current political athmosphere in UK seems to be quite anti-BNP, especially the printmedia. Rather give fine to sloppy internal organisation, letting this kind of stuff happend.

Skandi
09-01-2009, 09:06 PM
How did that bloke get the member register in the first place ? Current political athmosphere in UK seems to be quite anti-BNP, especially the printmedia. Rather give fine to sloppy internal organisation, letting this kind of stuff happend.

He was employed by them and therefore had access.

Germanicus
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
What a prat that man was, he could have got, or could still get someone seriously hurt or killed by exposing them like he did.....Thicko or what?

Fortis in Arduis
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I remember Sexy Sadie passing some nasty sly comments about some of the membership with Steve Blake at one BNP event I attended.

I was expecting the punishment for this offence to be fairly mild, because I think that we are right to suspect these people of being state agents / rodents.

I think that it backfired on them...

It is now clear that these individuals were never nationalists, despite their protestations to the contrary.

British and Proud
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I remember Sexy Sadie passing some nasty sly comments about some of the membership with Steve Blake at one BNP event I attended.

I was expecting the punishment for this offence to be fairly mild, because I think that we are right to suspect these people of being state agents / rodents.

I think that it backfired on them...

It is now clear that these individuals were never nationalists, despite their protestations to the contrary.

One of the Scottish guys, Kenny, who I have also seen a few times was a member since 1992. I once visited his flat and find it hard to believe he was implicated. Yes, the rest may well be, but I don't think Kenny was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EhZfaKgPj8

Germanicus
09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
This Mathew Single bloke should have at least had his spokes on his bike kicked in, or at the worst his recycle bin set on fire?:)

British and Proud
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
This Mathew Single bloke should have at least had his spokes on his bike kicked in, or at the worst his recycle bin set on fire?:)

We cannot and should not encourage revenge attacks, even in jest. I am certain he will one day face judgement, one way or another.

Fortis in Arduis
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
JN2YNpLr1ZM

Sexy Sadie...

Hweinlant
09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
We cannot and should not encourage revenge attacks, even in jest.

Why not ? There should be oath bonded clandestine group available imo.

Fortis in Arduis
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Now that Matt Single has admitted leaking the BNP membership list online, this leaves all those nationalists who were harassed, abused, attacked, their homes attacked, who lost their jobs and who have been abused and suffered distress to sue Matt Single for damages under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The act allows any individual who has suffered distress as a result of the illegal leak of their confidential data to sue the person who released the list onto the internet.

Matt Single has admitted leaking the list, therefore all anyone has to do is issue a claim form under the DPA in the civil court listing the damages caused to them and the distress caused to them and they will win damages from Matt and Sadie.

This means their property and any money they have will be able to be claimed and used to compensate their victims.

Full details on how to issue a claim form in the civil courts is here ;

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Data_Protection_Act:_Non-Compliance

http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2009/09/time-to-sue-matt-single-and-sadie.html

Fortis in Arduis
09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Matt Single and Sadie Graham = scum
I have not commented on the case before now as it was sub-judice, but it appears that they have been fined £200 for releasing the membership list onto the internet.

Yep, 200 pounds.

Matt Single has ADMITTED leaking the list online, whilst all this time he has been DENYING that he and Sadie put the list online.

I hope that all those dupes who supported Matt and Sadie will now see just what these people really were, pitiful and pathetic idiots who lied to everyone about what they were doing whilst stabbing all nationalists in the back.

They lied to their comrades, they lied to their supporters when they said they didnt release the list on the internet and they have caused untold misery to the many innocent nationalists who have been victims of attacks, death threats and physical assaults by reds as a result of what they did.

Shame on them and all those idiots who support them still.

The time has come for Kenny Smith, Nichola Richie and Steve Blake to give public statements condemning what Matt and Sadie did and to state that they regard them as traitors to nationalism and that they were duped into believing Matt and Sadie when they said they did not put the membership online.

Only by completely cutting all ties with the scumbags and condemning what they have done in a public manner can we be sure that Kenny, Nichola and Blake are innocent of any involvement in what Matt and Sadie did.

If they refuse to issue a public statement condemning Matt and Sadie then we have to assume that they knew what Matt and Sadie were doing, that they were involved in it as well and that they still support what Matt and Sadie did.

No doubt there will be morons who will still defend them.

It appears that in some sections of nationalism, loyalty to our people and the cause of nationalism are secondary to their 'friendships' with traitors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8231475.stm

A former member of the British National Party has been fined £200 after admitting publishing the details of some 10,000 party members online.

Matthew Single, 37, formerly of Church Lane, Brinsley, Notts, was fined by Nottingham magistrates after admitting disclosing data without consent.

He was arrested after a complaint from the party leader Nick Griffin.

The names, addresses, phone numbers and e-

http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2009/09/matt-single-and-sadie-graham-scum.html