PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers for Breakfast?

YellowRose
04-28-2013, 06:03 PM
I know that this is a little bit of a different topic, but I thought it would be interesting to see how many people actually do this... I do for one.

Some mornings when I wake up, I do not crave a breakfast food, I crave something that I had either the night before or another meal that wouldn't be considered breakfast food. Or in the evenings, there are times where I am craving a big stack of pancakes and sausage, eggs and bacon...

For example, this morning I was craving some leftover homemade broccoli cheese soup that I made last night. So that is what I had.

So how many others partake in this :thumb001:

arcticwolf
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Often I have no time to eat breakfast, or don't feel like it at all. It's not unusual for me to go a day without eating anything, when I'm really busy which is often, I forget to eat.

I do eat leftovers for breakfast when I feel like it. I am not a picky eater, I'll eat just about anything within the normal European standards of things to eat. I won't eat anything unusual, no snails, snakes, alligator meat, not even a buffalo burgers.

I'm easy to feed, to me food is fuel, I don't make a big deal out of it or spend too much time thinking about it. Eat and go. That's it. :P

YellowRose
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Often I have no time to eat breakfast, or don't feel like it at all. It's not unusual for me to go a day without eating anything, when I'm really busy which is often, I forget to eat.

I do eat leftovers for breakfast when I feel like it. I am not a picky eater, I'll eat just about anything within the normal European standards of things to eat. I won't eat anything unusual, no snails, snakes, alligator meat, not even a buffalo burgers.

I'm easy to feed, to me food is fuel, I don't make a big deal out of it or spend too much time thinking about it. Eat and go. That's it. :P

I used be the same as you, I have such a busy schedule. Often there would be many times where I would go all day without eating and then I would only eat dinner at home. After doing this for a while, I began to get very dizzy and would have frequent headaches because I was not eating (I do not have an eating disorder lol). I went to the doctor and he told me that I must find time to at least eat something, whether it be a banana, apple, any piece of fruit, a nutrigrain bar, etc... anything that would suffice the nutrients that my body was lacking. Once I started doing that, my headaches and dizziness went away. My doctor told me that I did not have to have some four course sit down meal, just put something small and simple in my stomach to sustain the nutrients and energy that my body was lacking.

Lusos
04-28-2013, 07:38 PM
My breakfast is an espresso and a Portuguese custard tart .

My Dad though,likes soup in the morning.

Frosty
04-30-2013, 06:14 AM
Haven't eaten any breakfasts for ages...Only coffee.

Oneeye
04-30-2013, 06:25 AM
I have a bowl of oatmeal with honey about everyone morning now, but I sometimes have a craving for a brunch or dinner of some eggs, sausages, bacon, and hash browns.

Mark
04-30-2013, 06:29 AM
I usually don't eat big breakfasts anymore because it slows me down and makes me feel lethargic through the day - but I have no problem eating breakfast food at dinnertime and vica versa. When it comes to me and food, all bets/rules are off.

YellowRose
05-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I have had people question me and tell me that eating anything but breakfast food for breakfast is wrong. I honestly just think one should eat whatever they are hungry/craving for at the time. If you wake up wanting a big juicy steak and eggs for breakfast, then so be it. If you are hungry for a big stack of waffles for dinner, then so be it. You are still getting the nourishment that your body is needing.

Jackson
05-03-2013, 02:56 PM
We call it bubble and squeak, bits and bobs after a major meal the next morning.

rhiannon
01-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I know that this is a little bit of a different topic, but I thought it would be interesting to see how many people actually do this... I do for one.

Some mornings when I wake up, I do not crave a breakfast food, I crave something that I had either the night before or another meal that wouldn't be considered breakfast food. Or in the evenings, there are times where I am craving a big stack of pancakes and sausage, eggs and bacon...

For example, this morning I was craving some leftover homemade broccoli cheese soup that I made last night. So that is what I had.

So how many others partake in this :thumb001: I do it all the time. Rarely have stereotypical breakfast foods for breakfast. Usually it's leftovers from my dinner.... Or nothing. Caffeine is a must, though.