PDA

View Full Version : Romanian Booze- Palinka

Grizzly
04-29-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHUmaVcdAo

Funny and interesting little video. Is this a famous drink or something?

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Pálinka is Romanian only in your dreams.

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Grizzly
edit nvm

Szegedist
Pálinka is a traditional fruit brandy in the countries of the Carpathian Basin/former Kingdom of Hungary, known under several names, and invented in the Middle Ages. Under the 2008 "Hungarian Pálinka Law", only fruit spirits distilled from a mash of ripe fruits produced in Hungary, mashed, distilled, matured and bottled locally can be called pálinka.

The first records of the Hungarian spirit date back to the fourteenth century, and refer as "Aqua vitae reginae Hungariae" to the aqua vitae of the wife of the King Károly I of Hungary. This spirit was probably a brandy blended with rosemary, and had its use in medicine, as both the king and the queen suffered from arthritis.

Pálinka has an important role in traditional celebrations and social occasions. A traditional Hungarian greeting is "Pálinkás jó reggelt!" which means "Good morning with pálinka!".

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Mod should move this to Hungary forum, Pálinka is Hungarian historically, culturally, and even legally Hungarian. Transylvanian Romanians drink it because it is yet another Hungarian influence in Transylvania. The guy in the video is retarded, going to Romanians to try Pálinka is like going to a German owned restaurant to try authentic Chinese food :picard1:

Dacul
04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Palinka is traditional drink of Transylvania/Ardeal,made from plumes of at least 50% alcohol strong,but usually it is 60% alcohol.
Is distilled 2 times,as you already saw there.

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
No Dacul, Pálinka is a traditional Hungarian drink, and it is very popular in Hungarian influenced areas of Slovakia, Transylvania, etc.
In Slovakia, many Slovaks drink Pálinka too.

You will not get away with Rumanifying Erdély into "Ardeal", you wont get away with making Pálinka Romanian either!

Dacul
04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Szegedist,wait a little,that decision that made Palinka Hungary trade mark will be attacked in justice and will be reversed.
Those people from Transylvania are Romanians,they made genetic testing and they rather cluster to South Eastern Romanians,on paternal lines,than with Hungarians.
And they,ardeleni are native from there,is their land,not invaders Ugric hungarians land,who were only leading class and they disappeared anyway from today Hungarians genetics.
You are so full of lies and propaganda,but it does not worth arguing with you.
Not even if NATO would help Hungary,you will not be able to get Ardeal,remember that in WW1 Austro-Hungarian troops were beaten by Romanians from Moldavia and Wallachia,even if they were fewer.
But now we have both Ukraine and Russia who support us,who even cares about NATO?
(at the moment,they are not supporting some Hungarians claims for Ardeal/Transylvania).
So you Hungarians who want to take Ardeal from Ardeleni are just pathethic cowards,together with your allies,who want to take Ardeal from Ardeleni and give to Hungary.
You are only good to be tough on inet.
:rofl:

Dacul
04-29-2013, 10:00 PM
If you say Palinka is Hungarian traditional drink,than let some contest be made with Romanians from North Transylvania and North Moldavia and Hungarians,see who can drink more palinka without getting drunk|!
You are real noob,those people from North Transylvania are drinking Palinka with the cup.
While average Hungarian,if he will drink 200 ml of Palinka,he will be drunk after it.
Look at alcohol consumption for Romania and think that Romanians from South Romania do not drink too much,is mostly done by Romanians from Transylvania and Romanians from Moldavia.

Dacul
04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Lol,in 1600 Mihai Viteazul beat Austro-Hungarian troops,while he was also fighting Ottoman Empire and took for a very few time Ardeal from under Hungary.
How am I gypsie,I am not the one swearing you.
If I called you coward,I told you that because you are coward,Prussia (mostly Prussia) and Austria were supporting Hungary so Wallachia and Moldavia could not take Ardeal from under Hungary.Besides,Hungarians nobles were persecuting Romanians from Transylvania (Ardeleni) and if Romanians wanted to go complain to Austrian king,they were usually killed on the road,by Hungarians.
And you are only tough on inet,so you are actually coward,you did not even had courage to post your picture here.
Remember you also posted the map with average dick size from Europe,to make fun of Sabinae,on another thread, so you are actually behaving like gypsie.
You and the people supporting the idea that Ardeal should be given to Hungary are just very angered and powerless to do anything about it,so you just swearing,cause you are very afraid of Russia and Russia always supported Romania to have Ardeal,because we are Christian Orthodox and we have Slavic genetics,so we are also blood brothers.

Besides,how do you I know that if you are really Hungarian?
You might be very well a turk in disguise or a Jew who want to enrage Hungarians against Romanians,on this forum since most Hungarians do not want to take Ardeal from Romania.

Windischer
04-29-2013, 10:18 PM
paľinka/paľenka is a slavic word
means burned [water], in sense of distilled
place (and apparature) where paľinka is made is called paľenčareň or paľenčarňa (palinčareň, palinčarňa, depends on e/i reflex)

obviously word palinka has gotten into both romanian and hungarian language through potisian slavs (among whom /i/ reflex is more dominant) and rusyns (who have only /i/ reflex).

case decided.
:D

Dacul
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
place (and apparature) where paľinka is made is called paľenčareň or paľenčarňa (palinčareň, palinčarňa, depends on e/i reflex)

obviously word palinka has gotten into both romanian and hungarian language through potisian slavs (among whom /i/ reflex is more dominant) and rusyns (who have only /i/ reflex).

case decided.
Well Romanian language have at least 20% of the words of Slavic origin/common with Slavic languages and most genetics Slavic.
So actually Palinka originates from Ardeal while the technology of making it could be taken from neighbouring Slavs,but I am not that sure that Romanians are not some Slavic people (if we are not Slavic,anyway ,we are closest to Eastern and South Slavs,as way of life,look,etc).

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Give me proof that Pálinka originiated in "Ardeal" (real name Hungarian Erdély)

You have none, zilch, squat, nada.

I on the other hand

"The first records of the Hungarian spirit date back to the fourteenth century, and refer as "Aqua vitae reginae Hungariae" to the aqua vitae of the wife of the King Károly I of Hungary. This spirit was probably a brandy blended with rosemary, and had its use in medicine, as both the king and the queen suffered from arthritis."

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM

case decided.

The word pálinka derives from the Slavonic stem "páliť", to burn, to distill. In Hungarian the word is most probably of Slovak origin, as "Tótpálinka" (literally Slovak pálinka) was used in Hungary to refer to alcoholic drinks derived from wheat.

Hungarian vocabulary is also 20% Slavic.

Smaug
04-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Let's stop with the insults, I'm serious.

Dacul
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Romania is producing a lot more Palinka that Hungary does,for the simple reason that the land of Romania is much more proper to harvest plumes.
Look at consumption of alcohol per capita,is clear Palinka was not invented in Hungary,since Hungarians are not heavy drinkers.

I actually think is influence from Eastern Slavs Vodka (which translated come also from water),but they made it from plumes,instead of grains.

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Dacul I cant believe you can lie like this without feeling shame.

Romania is producing a lot more Palinka that Hungary does,
No it does not

for the simple reason that the land of Romania is much more proper to harvest plumes.
No, Hungarian soil is among the best in Europe, Romania is not.

Look at consumption of alcohol per capita
Alcohol consumption per capita (for spirits, and overall alcohol) for Hungary is among the highest in Europe, and it is higher than Romania. Though this is not something to be proud of.

is clear Palinka was not invented in Hungary,since Hungarians are not heavy drinkers..
Bullshit speculation and ass talking about any proof whatsoever, take your conspiracy theories somewhere else.

I dont think you have any Transylvanian ancestry, I think you made that up too, you are 100% South Romanian.

Guapo
04-30-2013, 12:42 AM
The word pálinka derives from the Slavonic stem "páliť", to burn, to distill. In Hungarian the word is most probably of Slovak origin, as "Tótpálinka" (literally Slovak pálinka) was used in Hungary to refer to alcoholic drinks derived from wheat.

Hungarian vocabulary is also 20% Slavic.
I wonder why.., perhaps because you mongrels are Magyarized Slovaks? :lmao:

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 12:44 AM
I am a Croatified Gypsy who converted to Orthodoxy :lmao:

:laugh:

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:41 AM
My mother is from Cluj county,as I already said and I have been to the town from where my mother was,plenty of times (which is Dej).
As for production of plumes in Romania and in Hungary,let us see numbers:
http://top5ofanything.com/index.php?h=e22ce6f6
Romania is actually 4th producer from all world.
You are indeed very "smart" and informed about this.
As for Romanians of South Romania,you should know I inherited the strong inteligence from my paternal grandfather who is from Bucharest,being the only one who is from South Romania.
4 years ago or so,Bucharest had 26100 euros per capita,GDP,so you see,is actually most developed area from whole SE Europe,not only from Romania.
(I think now the GDP raised and is about 30.000 euros per capita):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucharest#Economy
Intel has a very large development centre here,Ericsson have large development centre here (they had 1300 people hired,in 2010,now they have more),Alcatel is having large development center here,Siemens is having large development centre here,Thales (large company producing software for various things) have large development centre in Bucharest,etc.
Here just 2 links about it,cause I am in a hurry now:
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/en_eu/europe_rdi/blog/2010/11/08/intel-expands-software-development-efforts-in-europe
http://www.romania-insider.com/eu-funds-for-romanias-research-and-development-sector-over-eur-600-mln-available-by-2013/15102/
(here you can see we also have a strong centre from Honeywell in Bucharest,from Infineon etc).
I do not have time to waste,to argue with you,if you want to educate yourself,go read on inet.
One more thing,this genocide some Hungarians troops did in WW2 against some Romanians and few Jews,in North Transylvania,shows how Hungarians were behaving against Romanias from Transylvania:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treznea_massacre

Have fun and educate yourself more Szegedist,is really a shame that you are so primitive at what ancestry you got,if you really Hungarian.

Duke
04-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Is this what we call Šljivovica?

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Is this what we call Šljivovica?

Szilvapálinka is just one variety

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 08:52 AM
One more thing,this genocide some Hungarians troops did in WW2 against some Romanians and few Jews,in North Transylvania,shows how Hungarians were behaving against Romanias from Transylvania:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treznea_massacre

Have fun and educate yourself more Szegedist,is really a shame that you are so primitive at what ancestry you got,if you really Hungarian.
read about the crimes of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavril_Olteanu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avram_Iancu

"At Kocsard, 60 Hungarians were executed with such cruel atrocities that, seeing these, 3 members of the village notary's family hanged themselves in the attic where they had fled(82).

At Gulafehervar, the clock-maker Megai was roasted alive and at Domba the landowner had his hands and feet sawed off and was buried in dirt up to his waist(83).

At Naszod, the Hungarians were tied to stakes and put to death with select tortures(84).

At Borband, Baranyai Karoly had his arms and head sawed off before his wife and daughter. Then they put the head on a stake and his wife had to march it to Balazsfalva, accompanied by the looting crowd(85)."

Before you tell any lies

sevruk
04-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Palyonka - the name of the poor quality of vodka in Russia.
Hungarians and Romanians some sub-Slavs. Need to be re-slavyanisation.

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Pálinka and vodka are not related apart from being spirits, and Pálinka is certainly not poor quality, unless its made by Romanians :laugh:

Windischer
04-30-2013, 12:53 PM
there are many kinds of paľenka, duke, śľivovica being one of them (plum paľenka). theres also terkeľica (grape paľenka), jablukovica (apple), etc, any kind of fruit with high % of sugar can be used.
vodka is also a kind of paľenka - just from different ingredients.

Stears
04-30-2013, 06:22 PM
I wonder why.., perhaps because you mongrels are Magyarized Slovaks? :lmao:

Hahaha. Does a Balkan slavic-speaking serbian mentioned the mongrel?

1. Hungarians looks more European by average pigmentation (average hair eye color skin tone) and by the average fenotype than you.
2. Hungarians genetically more European than Balkan slavic people (look Y mt.DNA and autosomal population genetic researches.)
3. We had western catholic-protestant culture (architecture music literature fine-arts), however your orthodox Europe is a semi-asian culture, it is a transition culture between european and Asian (middle*eastern).
4. The nomadism ended between the 10 and 11th century in central Europe ,However the vast majority of the population of orthodox slavic speaking balkan were shepherd nomads until the end of 14th century. (farmers were minority) therefore it is a shame in the European continent.
5. The industrialization started in Hungary in the 1840s, until the industrialization started in Serbia in the 20th century.

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Nonsense,Hungarians are not Slavs,just Romanians are.
Average Romanian is having at least 40% NE admixture and very few NW admixture,while average Hungarian has on average 35% NW admixture.
They (Hungarians) are just mixture of goths and whatever other people were with Huns and were settled here ,this being a part and another part,the native Thraco-Dacians from here,to which Slavs are included also.
Most Hungarians from Romania do not like to be called Magyars or Ungurs (how these people are called in Romanian language) because they find these names offending,since both are of Turkic inspiration,they like to be called Romanians.
For example,my mother had a primary cousin who was living in Cluj (Kolosvar,so hungarians here will understand the name,she died,this is why I am saying "had") who was married to a hungarian male.
He passed to Christian Orthodoxy and did not wanted to be called Hungarian,but Romanian.
Their son and their daughter are both calling themselves Romanians.
Szegedist and other hungarians here "forgot" to mention that Hungarians from Romania are discriminated in Hungary if they would want to find a job there,they are given only low jobs or no jobs.
While in Romania they are very respected and in South Romania they are actually very well seen,because they are from Transylvania.
Romanians from Transylvania/Ardeleni are also very well seen in South Romania,so actually almost no Hungarian or Romanian from Transylvania would like to join Hungary.
If Szegedist would come to Transylvania and tell average Hungarian there they are descending from Hunns or Turks,he will be despised for that.Ask Nelopj if he considers himself descendant of Turks or of Huns,or Matilda (she has half hungarian ancestry).
Turks and few hungarians pro-turk are just dreaming,they should rather start to work and gave up their dreams of dreaming from robbing other people and so on.
Case closed.

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:31 PM
I dont think you have any Transylvanian ancestry, I think you made that up too, you are 100% South Romanian.

According to forum regulations you are not allowed to doubt about someone ancestry.
So this post should be actually deleted,if mods here would respect the rules and not keeping the side of Szegedist (which has also told rude words to other people that just me).
I told Loki and Kazimiera and Sikeliot and others that I can send a copy of my mother birth certificate so they can see it and they did not even answered to me,except Tuan (who said he can not interfere).

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 07:32 PM
If Szegedist would come to Transylvania and tell average Hungarian there they are descending from Hunns or Turks,he will be despised for that.

Dacul please stop writing your usual nonsense, in Székely folkore, for them Hunnic descent is 100%, a few thousand of them even had a petition to be recognized as Hunnic minority.

From the Székely anthem:

"Segítsd még egyszer győzelemre néped,
Csaba királyfi csillagösvényen."

"Help your nation to victory once more,
Prince Csaba, on the stars' path."

According to their folklore, Prince Csaba was a son of Attila. So please stop writing your constant anti-Hungarian Securitate inventions, it is getting very annoying.

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Dacul stop constantly negrepping me just because you disagree with me or because I refuse to accept your delusional ramblings.

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Dacul please stop writing your usual nonsense, in Székely folkore, for them Hunnic descent is 100%, a few thousand of them even had a petition to be recognized as Hunnic minority.

From the Székely anthem:

"Segítsd még egyszer győzelemre néped,
Csaba királyfi csillagösvényen."

"Help your nation to victory once more,
Prince Csaba, on the stars' path."

According to their folklore, Prince Csaba was a son of Attila. So please stop writing your constant anti-Hungarian Securitate inventions, it is getting very annoying.

That is off-topic,if you want to discuss that,go open another thread.
Here it was about Palinka and you started to deviate the thread towards other subject of conversations.

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 07:36 PM
According to forum regulations you are not allowed to doubt about someone ancestry.
So this post should be actually deleted,if mods here would respect the rules and not keeping the side of Szegedist (which has also told rude words to other people that just me).
I told Loki and Kazimiera and Sikeliot and others that I can send a copy of my mother birth certificate so they can see it and they did not even answered to me,except Tuan (who said he can not interfere).

blah blah bla

if you really Hungarian.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1554547&viewfull=1#post1554547
You questioned my ethnicity, therefore I should report you, according to you. Is that ok by you?

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
That was having the potential of a constructive thread,but Szegedist ruined it with his off-topic.
You just came here and started to tell your nonsense (except that you said that Palinka is traditional in Hungary,which is true,Palinka is also made traditional in Hungary,not only in Transylvania).
You did not even explained how Palinka is made.
I explained here:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553454&viewfull=1#post1553454
Szegedist please post something related to Palinka or stop posting here.

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Now ,since no one have told,after you put at fermentation the plums,with seeds (you can removed the seeds from plums,but will not have a perfume of plums after) you need to start distilitation
After you are making first distilation (which is stopped usually when the liquid is not clear) you are taking that booze and distile again.
How I saw,where people where making palinka,they were stoping the distilation when they over-all alchohol percentage was droping under 60%.
(they were having a device to measure how strong it was,called alcohol meter).
Others,were taking with a small spoon and taste it,to see when to stop distillation.
Now,not all plums are good to make Palinka only some varieties which has a stronger perfume (are usually more elongated).

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
You start writing nonsense about your mother from "Cluj",Mihai Viteazul, WW1, NATO, Austria-Hungary before I went off topic
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553549&viewfull=1#post1553549
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553493&viewfull=1#post1553493

And now suddenly when you ran out of arguments you accuse me of going off topic?

You are showing the behavior of a typical lying sleazy Bucurestian Vlach.

Dacul
04-30-2013, 07:49 PM
You start writing nonsense about your mother from "Cluj",Mihai Viteazul, WW1, NATO, Austria-Hungary before I went off topic
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553549&viewfull=1#post1553549
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553493&viewfull=1#post1553493

And now suddenly when you ran out of arguments you accuse me of going off topic?

You are showing the behavior of a typical lying sleazy Bucurestian Vlach.
I did not even speak to you,you started to say I am trying to make Ardeal Romanian area,without me posting anything about it.So I posted those things after,just to show you that Ardeal is under Romania administration and will stay that way,even if you dislike it.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?77999-Romanian-Booze-Palinka&p=1553463&viewfull=1#post1553463

Cern
05-06-2013, 10:40 PM
finest the palinka, vodka and whisky tasteless! ;)
I making palinka. 10-12L/years :swl

http://www.palinkaoldal.hu/eng/apalinkatortenete.php

http://www.palinkaoldal.hu/eng/palinka_and_the_eu.php

Dacul
05-06-2013, 10:56 PM
So the people from Transylvania can still make Palinka but sell it under the name of Tzuica .
Anyway,thing is that a lot of people from Romania and Hungary are back-wards and do not use recipes of glass or ceramic for fermenting plums.
They usually use plastic recipes,which let a bad taste for palinka.
They are using copper recipes for distilling which also gives a bad taste,for palinka.
They should use at least Inox (stainless) steel recipes for distilling Palinka.
I have told to the relatives I have in North Transylvania from my aunt by alliance side,that they are making Palinka wrong,that they should use instead glass recipes for fermenting plums and they did not even wanted to listen to me.
Same about distilling in stainless steel recipes ,not in copper recipes....

if you want to sell Palinka in Russia,you need some quality,those people have good money now and they want to drink more quality alcohol.

Cern
05-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I distilling Inox + copper the vapor room. I think be copper in the vapor room, this catalyzed chemical process, better taste. Many copper in palinka bad. Copper palinka error but copper is needed distilling. Hungarian distilling copper. Aluminum distilling do not.
I read hungarian forums but I not "expert".:D

http://i43.tinypic.com/30w33g3.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/1y7fjo.jpg

Daco Celtic
09-23-2020, 01:01 AM
My late grandfather made this from pears grown on one tree in his back yard. He referred to it as Tuica or moonshine

https://youtu.be/TMqs0-mVwVg

Universe
09-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Pálinka is pure trash to me, it tastes bad.
I'm not much into alcoholic drinks, what's the difference between rakia and pálinka?

WeirdLookingFellow
09-23-2020, 06:23 PM
Pálinka is pure trash to me, it tastes bad.
I'm not much into alcoholic drinks, what's the difference between rakia and pálinka?

Barely any, if by rakia, you mean the Serbian kind.

People do say that pálinka is distilled 2 times , while Moldavian rachiu or țuică only once. Pálinka is often stronger but I ugh...tasted strong enough țuică too.

Also as far as I know, only Transylvanians make pálinka out of pears, Moldavians will use plums and sometimes, what remains after making wine (after you press the grapes).

100% Pear pálinka is godly. People who mix it with plum or apple should be legally prosecuted.

ixulescu
09-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Țuică VS Pálinka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABpefW42sQ

Daco Celtic
11-29-2021, 12:24 AM
What is the difference between Palinka, Tzuica, and Horilka other than national association?

Carpatz
11-29-2021, 01:54 AM
What is the difference between Palinka, Tzuica, and Horilka other than national association?

They're regional terms for plum brandy. Horincă is stronger pălincă. Te face să horești

Carpatz
11-29-2021, 02:03 AM
Barely any, if by rakia, you mean the Serbian kind.

People do say that pálinka is distilled 2 times , while Moldavian rachiu or țuică only once. Pálinka is often stronger but I ugh...tasted strong enough țuică too.

Also as far as I know, only Transylvanians make pálinka out of pears, Moldavians will use plums and sometimes, what remains after making wine (after you press the grapes).

100% Pear pálinka is godly. People who mix it with plum or apple should be legally prosecuted.

Traditionally Romanians make their pălincă out of plums, not pears. "pálinka" cînd bei pălincă ești pălit