PDA

View Full Version : 'Creepy gnome' back on prowl

Loki
10-18-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/weird/article1817406.ece

:eek:

'Creepy gnome' back on prowl

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00450/superbelter_682_450560a.jpg

A NEW sighting of South America’s ‘creepy gnome’ has caused panic among locals after a group of youngsters claimed a ‘midget monster’ ran towards them at night.

The teens – who recorded footage of the freaky being on their mobile phone – said they are now “too terrified” to go out at night.

Experts who examined the latest footage, taken in the town of Clodomira, province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina, last week, say it is ‘credible’.

But sceptics say the sidestepping ‘gnome’ could be a speedy child or even a small animal.

Last week’s footage was taken by Juan Carlos Roldan, his brother Javier and five friends, who were larking around by the water fountain in Clodomira.

Juan, who filmed the creature, referred to it as “something that looked like a dwarf”.

He said: “It was walking sideways and was wearing dark clothes. But it was impossible to see its face because its face was covered in shadows.”

One of the lads, who were aged 15-22, yesterday told Argentinean reporters: “We were messing about - singing and dancing - when we heard a loud rustling noise from behind us.

“This tiny thing started running down Avenue San Martin at us. It had a pointy head and dark clothes.

“It was a person of incredibly low stature. We filmed it then got scared and ran off.

“This little thing was barking like a dog - but running sideways on two legs. It headed off towards the football stadium.”

Juan added: “We stopped for a while around a block away from where we saw it. Then we returned and picked up the pieces of clothing that we had left behind and our bikes too but we didn’t see anything else.”

Photographic expert Aldegonda Alvarz, of Universidad Nacional de Santiago del Estero, yesterday said: “This video footage seems credible. We could be looking at another ‘petido orejudo’ - small being.”
The Sun’s video of a ‘creepy gnome’ recorded in Argentina last March caused millions to be stunned around the world.

It sparked hundreds coming forward to report similar sightings while a town’s mayor and police chief admitted they had known about ‘the creepy gnome’s’ existence for 20 years.

Teenager Jose Alvarez first caught the creature on film while larking about in his hometown of General Guemes, in the province of Salta, Argentina.

He said: “This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighbourhood now.

"One of my friends was so scared after seeing that thing that we had to take him to the hospital."

:eek::eek::eek:

Beorn
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Whatever it is, it really does look creepy and I wouldn't wish to be walking alone one night and have the chance of coming across it!

But sceptics say the sidestepping ‘gnome’ could be a speedy child or even a small animal.

What animal has the silhouette of a Gnome? :confused:

Nastrander
11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Maybe it's part of a new travelocity ad campaign :D

https://www.hotlink.com/customergnome/productImages/TGC004_c.jpg

Arrow Cross
11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Hmm...if this isn't a fraud, I don't know what it is. But I do think they're making too much of a show about it. Maybe it's a homeless man with a growing disorder, but either way, grown people shouldn't be so afraid by such a tiny creature.

Pellonpekko
03-08-2012, 06:53 AM
I wonder if there´s any updates to this case :D The video is one of the funniest clips ever. "This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighbourhood now.

"One of my friends was so scared after seeing that thing that we had to take him to the hospital." :D

4EQO0VfBpt4

Jake Featherston
03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Hunter Wallace of Occidental Dissent.

Kazimiera
04-05-2012, 01:58 AM
The tokolosi forgot to take off his hood after he left the KKK meeting...

Furnace
04-05-2012, 02:00 AM
The way it moves sideways is pretty cute though!

Caismeachd
04-05-2012, 02:03 AM
If I were a midget I would do the same thing.