PDA

View Full Version : Dalbeattie man's home attacked by yobs

Beorn
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
A DALBEATTIE man claims he is being “chased out of the town” by racist yobs – because he is English.
Graeme Stewart of William Street says the problem has become so bad he is now seeking a move away.
It follows a string of incidents which the 52-year-old insists are racially motivated.
The latest was at around 11.15pm on Sunday when a brick was lobbed through his front window.
He said: “I believe this has been done to me because I’m English.
“There can be no other reason for it. I feel I am being chased out of this town by people who don’t like outsiders.”
In 2003 he claims he was injured after slipping on ice while chasing people who had been banging his door.
And he is now worried the situation will get worse.
“It’s important to nip this in the bud before something worse happens,” he said.
“I have been called an English b****** by someone in the town I thought was a friend, and I just hope this isn’t the start of something more serious.
“It’s a form of terrorism, and in other countries it would be called genocide.
“Next time they could come back with something worse.
“I’ve been on to the council for emergency re-housing because I’m not safe here anymore.”
Mr Stewart moved to Dalbeattie in 2001 after leaving North Yorkshire.
And he claims on the very day he moved in, he was subjected to abuse because of his nationality.
He added: “I had people singing anti-English football songs as I was moving in, and I just thought “what a welcome”.
“Things had calmed down recently and I hoped all that was over.
“But it could just be the beginning.”
Police were called to the scene following the incident, and are still on the hunt for the perpetrators.
A police spokesman said: “We are following lines of enquiry.
“At the early stages of the investigation it looks to be a straight-forward case of vandalism and not a focused attack.
“We are continuing to look into the incident and searching for the culprit.”
Source (http://www.dgstandard.co.uk/dumfries-news/local-news-dumfries/local-news-stewartry-wigtownshire/2009/07/15/dalbeattie-man-s-home-attacked-by-yobs-51311-24153043/)

Here was me thinking they would all be friends, holding hands around the local camp-fire and singing John Lennon's 'Imagine'. :coffee:

I did laugh at his over exaggeration to his treatment being comparable to genocide, but the bloke shouldn't have moved there. Yorkshiremen stick out like a sore arse in other parts of England as it is, let alone Scotland.

Fortis in Arduis
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes, but I think that Yorkshire and Aberdeenshire have cultural analogies.

As the various UK West coast regions might also.

We are only Scottish and English because of they who were once our unelected masters.

Murphy
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Please, I am sure the anti-English football songs being sung as he moved in was just friendly banter and nothing more; his being called an English bastard? I doubt it just came out of the blue. He either misunderstood a friendly joke, or he had obviously pissed someone off about something and that person lashed out.

Regarding the incidents such as having bricks thrown at his windows etc., well I think we can quite comforably say this is the result of mindless little thugs and nothing more. Kids play chap-chap-run-away all the time, and having the occasional stone thrown at your window by a little irksome bastard isn't the end of the world. I have no doubt that he isn't the only one who has had to put up with it.

Regards,
Eóin.

Beorn
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
As the various UK West coast regions might also.

True. I've commented it on several occasions myself.

We are only Scottish and English because of they who were once our unelected masters.Perhaps your phrasing, but could you explain that further? I didn't quite get the jist of it.

Please, I am sure the anti-English football songs being sung as he moved in was just friendly banter and nothing more

That's how it always starts out. The time I worked in a Rangers pub, I remember the match when Scholes slot one past at their home ground and people I once thought of as friends were baying for my blood. One punch later and I was told to leave by the landlady before my guts were placed upon the floor.

I left of course. :coffee:

I doubt it just came out of the blue. He either misunderstood a friendly joke, or he had obviously pissed someone off about something and that person lashed out.
A fair point. Sometimes the banter does get misinterpreted.

Regarding the incidents such as having bricks thrown at his windows etc., well I think we can quite comforably say this is the result of mindless little thugs and nothing more.Perhaps, but mindless thugs with a penchant for throwing stones at foreigners.

I have no doubt that he isn't the only one who has had to put up with it.Youth gone wild and all that. Still think a curfew should be enforced and corporal punishment brought back in. I wonder how many of these toe-rags would be bold enough to wander the streets terrorising our towns then?

Murphy
09-04-2009, 04:38 PM
That's how it always starts out. The time I worked in a Rangers pub, I remember the match when Scholes slot one past at their home ground and people I once thought of as friends were baying for my blood. One punch later and I was told to leave by the landlady before my guts were placed upon the floor.

I left of course. :coffee:

Haha, and Rangers are meant to have a Unionist fan-base :rolleyes::D!

A fair point. Sometimes the banter does get misinterpreted.

Indeed, indeed. I always assume you know when I am just bantering with you, or I hope so?

Perhaps, but mindless thugs with a penchant for throwing stones at foreigners.

Tell that to my neighbours car, my kitchen window, my friends grandmother etc., I honestly don't think they targated him because he was English at the exclusion of everyone else. His being English was probably just a bonus for them to wind him up about.

Youth gone wild and all that. Still think a curfew should be enforced and corporal punishment brought back in. I wonder how many of these toe-rags would be bold enough to wander the streets terrorising our towns then?

Curfew wont do much if we don't have the police officers on the street ot enfore it. Nor will it help when police officers are to shit scared to take real action against these thugs. I would say bring back national service but I don't exactly feel comfortable with the idea of giving the British State more young lads to send to their deaths in Oil Wars.

Regard,
Eóin.

Beorn
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Haha, and Rangers are meant to have a Unionist fan-base :rolleyes::D!

I have had some experiences with them. They're all fine and dandy till you disagree with them....then the dummy comes flying out.

Indeed, indeed. I always assume you know when I am just bantering with you, or I hope so?

It's hard to truly interpret it as so on the internet, but I know when it is the craic and when it is for real. :thumb001:

Curfew wont do much if we don't have the police officers on the street ot enfore it.

It doesn't help that they refuse the applications of native lads to ensure the numbers of foreigners goes up in the force. It's no wonder that very stalwart supporters of the police have know joined the side of the 'anti-polis' (:D). Me included. I used to have a very fine view of the police growing up, but now I make sure they feel unwelcome whenever they enter our estate.

Nor will it help when police officers are to shit scared to take real action against these thugs.

That's it. There was a time when the police were feared and the police had nothing to fear. Now...well, I think this rant should be reserved for another thread.

Fortis in Arduis
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Perhaps your phrasing, but could you explain that further? I didn't quite get the jist of it.

Feudalism and feudal boundaries, rather than ethnic boundaries.