PDA

View Full Version : How Gypsy gangs use child thieves

Beorn
09-05-2009, 01:15 AM
This was an incredibly in-depth one hour programme about the Roma Gypsies of Europe (mostly centred in Spain, Italy and Romania) and I was waiting for it to come on to the BBC playback to post.

It takes you on a journey starting in Spain and ending in Romania, where you will see the children robbing people blind at the ATMs and then taking their revenue back to their controllers at the camp. And what a place that camp was. People in Britain complain...sheesh.
The programme then skips to Italy and shows you how Italy are cracking down on the Roma Gypsy and the social schemes set up to enable them to attempt to enter a normal, civil life.

It finally ends in Romania where we see where the millions of pounds they have stolen worldwide has ended up. We see the local Mafia man and he takes you on a journey through the garish neighbourhood anyone could hope to see.

Across Europe thousands of Roma (Gypsy) children are being forced onto the streets to beg and steal, and law enforcement agencies are seemingly powerless to prevent it.
Cash machines in Madrid are a particular target for street crime. The cardholder is distracted at the crucial moment by one person, allowing a child to dive in, grab the money and run off.
Thirteen-year-old Daniela says she can make 300 euros (£260) from a single successful robbery without any risk of being punished.

Read more here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8226580.stm)

And here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mkjyd/This_World_Gypsy_Child_Thieves/) is the full programme. (To those outside of the UK, you will need a proxy).

The Lawspeaker
09-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Even if I use a proxy it doesn't work.

Tabiti
09-05-2009, 08:36 AM
You should see some Kusturitza movies like "Dom za vesanje" ("Time of the Gypsies") for example. Quite realistic about their methods.

Bari
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Truly and enrichening and interesting culture of survival.

Loki
09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Do ethnic English gypsies do this as well?

Beorn
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Do ethnic English gypsies do this as well?

Not nearly as close. Although they are clearly a problem in England and Britain, they are a problem which can be solved. All that would be needed to start the process is the hands of authority to be untied by ridiculous racial equality laws.

Fortis in Arduis
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
In this report a girl of thirteen is married off for £7000 Euros, but in Spain boys and girls have been legally about marry at fourteen until quite recently and if you look at this table:

http://data.un.org/DocumentData.aspx?id=126

there have been exceptions where girls of twelve have married legally.

I think that the solution to the gypsy problem might well lie in assimilation, if they all wish not to marry like the young lady who has been taken in by the social programme in Italy.

The last section of the report where the thief-daddy of Romania is expressing alarm that the organised crime has gone too far is quite interesting. Clearly, they or some of them have a sense of what their position in society is.

I do not think that they are victims. I think that, in the past gypsies who did not live outside settled society simply assimilated and married in, and that this is why mostly the criminal element is left unassimilated.

These people make a lot of money and have a relatively easy life doing what they do.