PDA

View Full Version : Coffee or Tea?

Vulpix
12-16-2008, 08:02 AM
So, what is your preference :)?

I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I don't dislike my occasional tea either:coffee::wink.

Aemma
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I used to dislike coffee quite a bit. Never acquired a taste for it before I reached young adulthood and even then it wasn't for a very long time. Tea, orange pekoe, still seemed to be my thing. Then a couple of years ago I befriended this Swiss Canadian family who had recently moved on my street. My new friends were heavy into drinking coffee and I with time acquired a taste for this wonderful poison :eek:. And so now, I'm a two-cup-a-day-er...only in the mornings though while popping in for visits here, there and everywhere. :D

:coffee:...Aemma

Oresai
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Coffee...I need the caffeine...:D

Æmeric
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Neither, I don't like the taste. And I avoid caffein, except in chocolate for which I make an exception.

Arrow Cross
12-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Tea: I drink it instead of water and alcohol when at home for basic biological needs. Absolutely useless for keeping me awake.

Coffee: Since it intensifies the heart and is unhealthy in greater doses, I only use it when I need to stay awake at all costs... but then, it is the ultimate liquid.

No alcohol, ever-ever, outside of the temple, of course.

Lars
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I drink coffee at work once or twice a week. Usually when a co-worker offers me a cup I accept but otherwise I drink water.
When I'm home I prefer tea when I want to hygge, especially in the evenings. I use a little tea press which can contain two cups. http://images.aandhmarketing.com/pics/Bodum/184401gvp.jpg

Loki
12-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I love coffee. At least 2 cups a day, sometimes a lot more. I feel incomplete without a morning cup of coffee. Espresso is a favourite with me. Going out, I love the strong taste of Starbucks espresso. I drink it without sugar. Normal coffee I have with milk and no sugar.

I also drink English breakfast tea and Earl Grey tea with a spot of milk and no sugar -- usually in the evening when I've had enough coffee already.

Water throughout the day (and night), I drink lots of it.

Much have been said about the health benefits of coffee and tea.

Allenson
12-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Coffee for me thanks--a couple of cups in the morning and if I'm dragging, another cup in the afternoon. :)

I'll drink herbal tea if I'm sick.

Absinthe
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I drink coffee daily but I regret not drinking enough tea, as I like it equally.
There are so many varieties of tea that it never becomes boring ;)

Perhaps in the future I'll substitute coffee with tea...they say it's healthier.

Oisín
12-16-2008, 09:54 PM
I only drink tea or coffee when I wake up with a hangover, cup of coffee and a fag, a whore's breakfast we call it.

Æmeric
12-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Tea was suppose to have been beneficial from a heath perspective in 18th & 19th century England if for no other reason then the water for it had to be boiled.

Psychonaut
12-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't stand tea.

However, I drink, on average, five or six cups of coffee a day.

Atlas
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I need my bowl of coffee every morning, otherwise I won't be in a good mood for all the day.
I enjoy a cup of tea after diner though.

Rudy
12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Green tea is supposed to be full of anti-oxidants, and may help to prevent cancer.
On the other hand, sometimes it can be grown in poor soil and pick up heavy metals in the leaves. Some people think the tea needs to be "organic".

Stegura
12-25-2008, 02:34 AM
I definitely more of a coffee drinker. I got hooked on the stuff at a very early age. My mother taught at the same Elementary School which I attended so I would usually arrive there atleast 30 minutes before the rest of the school kids did. So by the time I was in first grade, I'd just swing by the Teacher's Lounge and help myself to coffee or whatever else I wanted from there.

I'm not that into hot tea, but I do drink lots of sweet tea. I wait tables 2-3 nights on the side for extra money, so I usually help myself to a glass before I start work. Most days I'll easily go through 2-3 16 oz. glasses of the stuff.

TheGreatest
12-25-2008, 05:24 AM
I don't drink Coffee because I can't make a good pot of it. When studying, I often just take caffeine pills or drink tea.

Fortis in Arduis
12-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Neither agree with me because they are classified as rajasic and I am a yoga practitioner.

I enjoy both occassionally, but I am creature of habit, and for me, coffee loses the fun after the second day of drinking it. If I have been on the go in town then a cup of tea is very welcome and I will have it at around 4.30pm. How English! :thumb001: I take milk with lots of sugar.

Oisín
12-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Has anyone tried any of those fruity teas that Stephen Fry was advertising a while back? They worth getting?

Treffie
12-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Tea definitely, usually Earl Grey, English Breakfast.

I love the smell of coffee, but the taste does nothing for me.

HawkR
12-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Earl grey is a lovely kind of tea, here in Norway we have something called christmas tee, and there you got some good shit. (Sounds like I'm talkin' bout drugs:p)

But I drink much more coffee than tea, most because it's a habit and I need cofein at work:p

Treffie
12-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Has anyone tried any of those fruity teas that Stephen Fry was advertising a while back? They worth getting?

Definitely, I haven't tried the fruity tea, I'm not keen on them, but the peppermint tea tastes outstanding. Good for the digestive system, or so I've been told.

HawkR
12-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Good for the digestive system, or so I've been told.

So are hardcorned bread. Don't know what it has to do with tea, but had to mention it:p

Sally
12-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Neither. I am fueled by Pepsi Max! :D I'm the oddity in a family of devoted tea drinkers.

safinator
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Dislike both.

Smaland
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Like both coffee and hot tea, but I tend to prefer coffee. :)

Damião de Góis
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Coffee obviously. I usually drink two a day.

mymy
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Coffee... strong pure black coffee in a huge cup! Can be with whipped cream too.

Flintlocke
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Tea, no coffee thanks, except occasionally 3-4 times a year.

Logan
11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Coffee obviously. I usually drink two a day.

One or two.

Albion
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I drink both. When I'm half asleep I drink coffee, any other time it's tea. Without caffeine a cease to function.

Moonbird
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Absolutely coffee. I get abstinence symptoms like headache if I don't get my coffee at regular intervals. :coffee:

Queen B
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Coffee addict here. I don't mind a tea too, but nothing beats coffee for me

Osweo
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Insane quantities of tea. But also the odd coffee. Sometimes I even have the two in rapid succession.

Have to maintain that healthy antique ivory colour to my teeth!

Nglund
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Tea, period. :nod: :nod:

billErobreren
11-28-2011, 07:23 AM
either.
I have more tea lying around than coffee, let's see Earl Grey, English Breakfast among others. so I'm much more fond of tea.
I mostly have coffee after my dinner.

Lithium
11-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I like both, but I totally adore coffee. I drink 2 cups of a pure black coffee everyday.

Mordid
11-28-2011, 07:49 AM
I drink 2 cups of a pure black coffee everyday.
Erghhhhhhh. :p

Nairi
11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Potent black coffee in the morning and green tea with ginger,lemon and sugar in the evening...

Anastazja
11-28-2011, 08:08 AM
My mum is a hardcore coffee addict and I think this is the reason i've never tried it.

The Alchemist
11-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Coffee until the last day of my life.....

jerney
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Neither. I don't like the taste of coffee (I've actually only tried it like twice in my whole life) and caffeine really has no effect on me. I'll drink tea once in awhile just for the taste or if I'm sick though

Sylvanus
11-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't like psychoactive drugs with european tradition or without. I like clear mind.

antonio
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I would like to say the same. On this matter, I have no preferences for one or the other (besides a certain cultural bias on coffee) and I need cafeine for mental processes, I dont conceive trying to solve a problem or coding an algoritm without the proper dose of cafeine.

Ps. Teine doesnt exist, well, exists, but its name is caffeine.

mymy
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I would like to say the same. On this matter, I have no preferences for one or the other (besides a certain cultural bias on coffee) and I need cafeine for mental processes, I dont conceive trying to solve a problem or coding an algoritm without the proper dose of cafeine.

Ps. Teine doesnt exist, well, exists, but its name is caffeine.

Same. I need caffeine, i am really addicted. I don't even try to study without good cup of coffee. Unfortunately!

arcticwolf
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Same. I need caffeine, i am really addicted. I don't even try to study without good cup of coffee. Unfortunately!

Nothing wrong with coffee sweetie! These "health nuts" don't know what they are talking about. :D As if they don't drink coffee they'll live forever. ;) Sugar indulge yourself a little, nothing wrong with that! I love coffee too. Plus imagine sex without a cigarette afterwards? :p

Kataphraktoi
11-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Coffee is ghastly. I like tea, with lots of milk and lots of sugar.

Jake Featherston
11-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Coffee!

Tea gives me a headache...

The Alchemist
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Who wants to drink a coffee with me right now???! ;)

rhiannon
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
In the US, the region known for having coffee snobs is the Pacific Northwest. I fit right in.

Tea tastes great with milk and honey....but it just doesn't give the same caffeine kick coffee has.

Jake Featherston
11-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Nothing wrong with coffee sweetie! These "health nuts" don't know what they are talking about. :D As if they don't drink coffee they'll live forever. ;) Sugar indulge yourself a little, nothing wrong with that! I love coffee too. Plus imagine sex without a cigarette afterwards? :p

Not to mention coffee is LOADED with anti-oxidants. My friend's doctor was urging him to continue drinking two cups of coffee per day (he'd been thinking of giving it up for health reason, and his doctor said its actually more healthful to continue with moderate coffee use). Based on how I feel when I drink coffee, I believe it. I'm convinced I benefit from coffee consumption in more ways than just the pleasure of drinking it, the stimulant effect, etc. Of course, human physiology varies among individuals, so some people prone to hypertension and otherwise possibly sensitive to stimulants, might well be better off avoiding it.

Jake Featherston
11-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Coffee!

Tea gives me a headache...

The fact no one thanked me for that magnificent poast suggests to me that you people aren't up-to-date on your Pete Puma.

wq8J_zjbxQ0

Let me also add that I not only prefer coffee (although in truth, I really like iced tea too), I drink black coffee ONLY. No milk, no sugar, no bullshit what-so-ever. Just pure black coffee. I also prefer my iced tea unadulterated (other than with some lemon). "Sweet tea" is revolting.

Daos
11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
I drink white tea when I have classes at 8 in the morning and herbal/fruit tea the rest of the day. Coffee tastes horrid and I want nothing to do with it.

Raskolnikov
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Most coffee sold is just not coffee (including Starbucks). I love Mariposa (Yosemite area) coffee. I drink tea mostly, but it would be even.