PDA

View Full Version : A Life in Japan

The Lawspeaker
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prNYOW0_kms
A Life in Japan - Documentary (English with English subtitles)
Ever wondered how a life in Japan might be? 19 foreigners share their personal experiences, likes and dislikes. See the country through the eyes of, mostly western, foreign residents, who have lived in Japan between a few months and several decades.

Caismeachd
05-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't want to live there. Culturally, Japan has some cool aspects. But it kind of reminds me of a strip mall. Too many people as well.

The Lawspeaker
05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't want to live there. Culturally, Japan has some cool aspects. But it kind of reminds me of a strip mall. Too many people as well.
I would like to visit Japan one day.. but live there ? No thanks.

YeshAtid
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Do you feel it's becoming increasingly westernised?

The Lawspeaker
05-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Do you feel it's becoming increasingly westernised?
I will need to travel there first and then I can tell you for myself.

ABest
05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't want to live there because it is too crowded. But I'd love to live for a while in Tokyo, as it is very futuristic and reminds me of cyber-punk culture. Generally, it's very high-end technology and everything.

Oh, also I want to go there because I love "Lost in Translation". :p

EF10
05-07-2013, 10:28 PM
positive : oriental art, good food, no street gangs, unique nature/ecosystem
negative : insane far right movement, discriminatory treatment of minorities, nuclear power plants, creepy nerds

Jackson
05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I've liked the Japanese people i've met here, they seem a cool and quirky bunch. But i'll watch this documentary and tell you what i think after watching it.

Jackson
05-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I think i could get on pretty well in Japan, my mindset is not too dissimilar from theirs i don't think. I can already use chopsticks proficiently and being English, you bet i'd get damn good at that tea ceremony pretty fast, can't go without my tea...