PDA

View Full Version : God bless Iceland

~°2012°~
09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
KMvekzd-Vfg

Hrolf Kraki
09-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Dr. Who, please tell us more about what's going on in Iceland! It looks scary! I mean, I've been to Iceland twice and it's the most beautiful, peaceful place in the entire world. It's the place I've dreamed of moving to in order to get away from all this modern, fast-paced world. But now I see riots in the street!?

HawkR
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, they've joined the EU...

~°2012°~
09-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Dr. Who, please tell us more about what's going on in Iceland! It looks scary! I mean, I've been to Iceland twice and it's the most beautiful, peaceful place in the entire world. It's the place I've dreamed of moving to in order to get away from all this modern, fast-paced world. But now I see riots in the street!?

Iceland is bankrupt and currently being held hostage by the IMF (International Monetary Fund) ... Iceland has become a complete debtor state handing the control of its finances to foreign powers.... In order to cut budgets, more and more important programs (health care, education, law enforcement) are being slashed and families needs ignored, resources for sale to special interest groups and their lobbies, sending away the results of our labor bringing in those who want to use us for their own profit, currency woes reduce food imports, unemployment is growing, crime rate is increasing exponentially, people are fleeing the country in masses

"IMF criminals have invaded Iceland" Economic Hitman author Jon Perkins

jddIKAB6rXI

xE5p3s2NubU

Hrolf Kraki
09-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Damn that´s really awful! :(

Lutiferre
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
A little hardship won't hurt the Icelanders.

I am sure they have lots of rotten whale to eat. And clean spring water.

~°2012°~
09-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I am sure they have lots of rotten whale to eat.

We actually prefer to eat it fresh

Jamt
10-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Dr. Who. Are you from Rejkavik? Do you know of a fish plant close to the harbur named somthing similar sounding as "Hvradhoftistuan"? Existed in the 80-is for sure.

Edit: And are Pravda night club still there?

Lutiferre
10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
We actually prefer to eat it fresh
It's my theory you have developed a perverted preference for rotten things in general.

That's why Iceland is so damn rotten :p

Jamt
10-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Are the salvation army hotel in the center of Rejkavik still kicking?

Edit: Lutiferre shut up.

~°2012°~
10-01-2009, 12:38 AM
It's my theory you have developed a perverted preference for rotten things in general.

A rotten theory from your own perverted mind

Lutiferre
10-01-2009, 12:41 AM
A rotten theory from your own perverted mind
You are right. I may be turning into an Icelander :D

~°2012°~
10-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Dr. Who. Are you from Rejkavik? Do you know of a fish plant close to the harbur named somthing similar sounding as "Hvradhoftistuan"? Existed in the 80-is for sure.

Edit: And are Pravda night club still there?

I'm not from Reykjavík. No Im sorry Pravda night club burned to the ground some time a go along with other Reykjavik Center historical old buildings. The houses that burned are since the late 1800. Im not familiar with anything sounding as "Hvradhoftistuan" hahaha thats actually pretty funny word :)

N6POgKCvWB0

Treffie
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM

You, dear sir are an ass ;)

Freomæg
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Such a shame to hear all of this. Iceland must surely have the ability to be totally self-sufficient in terms of food and power. My hope was that the people would rediscover the settler spirit of their ancestors and thrive as a self-contained nation, but the EU has seen off that dream.

Lutiferre
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
You, dear sir are an ass ;)
Oh, come on. You can't take a joke against some national pride? I guess for some people nationality is as sacred as religion.

Absinthe
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I guess for some people nationality is as sacred as religion.

And how exactly is that a bad thing? :icon_ask:

Lutiferre
10-01-2009, 03:42 PM
And how exactly is that a bad thing? :icon_ask:That there should be a limit to how metaphysical the reverence for any nation becomes, before the point you can't take a joke. It isn't a god, after all..

But maybe you can agree with Hitler that there is no room for any God except Germany :p

Absinthe
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
But maybe you can agree with Hitler that there is no room for any God except Germany :p

Actually, I do. :wink

~°2012°~
10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh, come on. You can't take a joke against some national pride? I guess for some people nationality is as sacred as religion.

Nah its ok I understand many Danes are unable to get rid of their passive aggression against Icelanders for giving their grandpas the finger and fight and win independence from them in the past.. ;)

Lutiferre
10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Nah its ok I understand many Danes are unable to get rid of their passive aggression against Icelanders for giving their grandpas the finger and fight and win independence from them in the past.. ;)
There was no need to fight. The nonstop feasting on rotten whales was enough to chase us away :p

Absinthe
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Mmmm, Hákarl. ;)

http://blog.menupirate.com/images/drooling_homer.png

~°2012°~
10-01-2009, 11:37 PM
There was no need to fight. The nonstop feasting on rotten whales was enough to chase us away :p

hahahaha that was a good one Ill give you that.. well we might eat many rotten things and that might be the reason.. but we're still always glad we did not end up talking like we have a potato stuck in our throats ;) ;)