PDA

View Full Version : Nine Gypsies get jail time for “crimes against the nation” after attack on Jobbik

Szegedist
05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
A Miskolc court on Thursday handed down prison terms ranging from two and half to four years to nine Roma people from Sajóbábony, Borsod County, finding them guilty of “crimes against the nation”.

In November 2009 the local chapter of Jobbik held a local forum that Roma people considered an act of provocation.

A day later a Roma woman was involved in an altercation with the head of a food store.

Jobbik then held a spontaneous demonstration and its members were attacked by a group of Roma with iron bars and clubs, smashing the car of a group of Jobbik sympathisers, who suffered minor injuries.

The Civil Liberties Union harshly criticised the verdict stating that while the fact that the perpetrators took the law into their own hands is unlawful, their motive was fear from racists and the court was wrong to define the event as an act against “members of the Hungarian nation.”

The defendants have appealed the sentences and the case will continue in the Debrecen Court of Appeals.

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

alfieb
05-10-2013, 03:06 PM
A day later a Roma woman was involved in an altercation with the head of a food store.

PC-way of stating that she tried to shoplift food and got caught.

Lena
05-10-2013, 07:33 PM
PC-way of stating that she tried to shoplift food and got caught.

People who are shoplifting food are most probably desperately hungry. Hungarian police and judicial system should be easy on them.
In Serbia everything below ~45+ euros is considered misdemeanor.

alfieb
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
People who are shoplifting food are most probably desperately hungry. Hungarian police and judicial system should be easy on them.

If you're desperately hungry, GET A JOB.

Szegedist
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM

Lena, gypsies shoplift not for food but cigarettes, etc.

And law is law. In the countryside Gypsies steal crops, chickens, goats from villagers, is this ok because they are hungry?

Plus we all know what a hungry Gypsy looks like in reality (20+kg more than he should have)

Cern
05-10-2013, 07:44 PM

incorrect

Lena
05-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Lena, gypsies shoplift not for food but cigarettes, etc.

And law is law. In the countryside Gypsies steal crops, chickens, goats from villagers, is this ok because they are hungry?

Plus we all know what a hungry Gypsy looks like in reality (20+kg more than he should have)

I don't support shoplifting, Huszar. I just try to illustrate a difference between food, clothes etc shoplifting.Judging by your words, they steal food, sell it and purchase smokes?

Szegedist
05-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't support shoplifting, Huszar.
I know, I didnt say you did :)

I just try to illustrate a difference between food, clothes etc shoplifting.Judging by your words, they steal food, sell it and purchase smokes?
No, Gypsies spend their welfare on Alcohol and smokes, and when this runs out, they go and steal more alcohol and smokes.

Lena
05-10-2013, 07:53 PM
incorrect

Till recently it was ~190 euros. :dunno:

Lena
05-10-2013, 07:58 PM
I know, I didnt say you did :)

Of course I don't. The average store in one of our shopping centers has a monthly loss of ~ 2.000+ euros in shoplifted goods/articles.

No, Gypsies spend their welfare on Alcohol and smokes, and when this runs out, they go and steal more alcohol and smokes.

They should be given a food stamps, not money.

Szegedist
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Of course I don't. The average store in one of our shopping centers has a monthly loss of ~ 2.000+ euros in shoplifted goods/articles.
Losses to some big international businesses is one thing, but when they begin to steal from the houses of Elderly, etc, that is what angers me the most.

They should be given a food stamps, not money.
Gypsies shouldnt be given anything, if they want it they can work for it. And the goverment has just the idea.