PDA

View Full Version : Smallest and Tallest European populations

Robert22
05-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Which Europeans are smallest in height and which ones are tallest.

According to the Human height list in Wikipedia:
People from the Dinaric Alps aswell as Scandinavians and Dutch are tallest on average.
Portuges People seem to be among the smallest in Europe according to that list, with Man averaging 1,73 m and woman 1,63 m. Now i am not sure how accrucate those lists really are.
Does anyone know more about this subject?

Damião de Góis
05-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Which Europeans are smallest in height and which ones are tallest.

According to the Human height list in Wikipedia:
People from the Dinaric Alps aswell as Scandinavians and Dutch are tallest on average.
Portuges People seem to be among the smallest in Europe according to that list, with Man averaging 1,73 m and woman 1,63 m. Now i am not sure how accrucate those lists really are.

I'm an average height guy from Lisbon. I'm 177cm.
So no, the 173 figure doesn't seem right from my experience.

Kastrioti1443
05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
What is the average height of Austria?

ChocolateFace
05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
I think the new generation of Albanians are the tallest

I think the shortest are Italians or Greeks

Robert22
05-12-2013, 07:35 PM
In Austria, from my experience it is 1,80 for males, woman about 1,70 m.

Kastrioti1443
05-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Man greeks are not short.

safinator
05-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Dutch are tallest for sure

Kastrioti1443
05-12-2013, 07:37 PM
For the moment the dutch are the tallest.

ChocolateFace
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
For the moment the dutch are the tallest.

I find this interesting because they used to be one of the shortest in Europe

Kastrioti1443
05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
I find this interesting because they used to be one of the shortest in Europe

Milk and very high living standarts my brother.

Robert22
05-12-2013, 07:44 PM
most scandinavian/dutch tourists are really taller than average Austrians though.
But which ones are smallest ?
and the question How much of human height is genetic and how much is due to nutrition?
ok, my family is small, no one in my Family is higher than 6 feet, however People in my particular area are small generally, but drive to Salzburg most People are much taller... or Viennese and Lower Austrians, those are taller than People here.

BLUEU
05-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Is this map accurate?
http://alphadesigner.com/wp-content/uploads/europe-according-to-male-body-height.png

Robert22
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Not sure, it is correct for Austria i would say. But most Serbs i know are rather tall, especially males.

Kastrioti1443
05-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Is this map accurate?
http://alphadesigner.com/wp-content/uploads/europe-according-to-male-body-height.png

No the greeks are taller than spanish for sure, and germans have it more like 180 cm, and shorter then swedish. The others are ok I think.

And of course that the average of serbia with kosovo included is not 172 cm , but at least 182 cm.

Methmatician
05-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Montenegro. No doubt.

Sikeliot
05-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Southern Italians and Greeks are often short in my experience.

Swearengen
05-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Is this map accurate?

Rofl. Pretty sure the Serbs are a lot taller than that.

Dutch are the tallest.

French people are quite short, as are Swiss.

Methmatician
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Rofl. Pretty sure the Serbs are a lot taller than that.

Dutch are the tallest.

French people are quite short, as are Swiss.

It's probably a small sample size and those sampled happened to be shorter than others.

Swearengen
05-12-2013, 09:08 PM
It's probably a small sample size and those sampled happened to be shorter than others.

I've head a couple serbs say that canadians are short when they come here. and we average around 178 cm.

ABest
05-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Actually, with an average of 1.783 m, Greeks are among the tallest people in the world.

Lobotomist
05-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Is this map accurate?

Accurate for Denmark, yes.

wvwvw
05-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Top 10: Tallest Countries

It has long been accepted that as generations pass, people get taller. Advancements in medicine, better nutrition and a generally higher standard of living have all been contributing factors, along with hereditary genes.

No. 8 Greece

Not a nation that is immediately known for having tall men, but apparently Greece had us all fooled, (sky)scraping onto our top 10 tallest countries list with an average height of "just" 5’10.1”. Explaining why the Greeks are so tall is quite difficult. We could suggest that perhaps all that sunshine and the Mediterranean diet play a role, as countries such as Spain and Italy have average heights that are slightly shorter, but still close. We should also add that these statistics are limited to young men, which may skew the results slightly. Older generations may be far shorter, and might contribute to a considerably lower average.
http://m.askmen.com/top_10/travel/top-10-tallest-countries.html#8

gregorius
05-12-2013, 09:17 PM
NO1 The Netherlands

Standing head and shoulders above the rest are the Dutch. An average height of 6’0” makes them the tallest nation in the world. This is supported by the fact that the Dutch government was recently obliged to change building regulations to increase the height of doorways, as the population has grown so tall in recent generations. Once again, a Northern European country appears at the top here, so we have to assume that there is a strong genetic component in this result. With extremely high living standards to boot, Dutch men are well placed to deal with flooding should the dikes burst.

Being tall isn't the only thing countries are known for; in AM's Top 10: Horniest Countries find out

wvwvw
05-12-2013, 09:19 PM
On the other hand Montenegro and Serbia is missing from the top 10 :confused: so I don't know how accurate that list is.

Swearengen
05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Top 10: Tallest Countries

It has long been accepted that as generations pass, people get taller. Advancements in medicine, better nutrition and a generally higher standard of living have all been contributing factors, along with hereditary genes.

No. 8 Greece

Not a nation that is immediately known for having tall men, but apparently Greece had us all fooled, (sky)scraping onto our top 10 tallest countries list with an average height of "just" 5’10.1”. Explaining why the Greeks are so tall is quite difficult. We could suggest that perhaps all that sunshine and the Mediterranean diet play a role, as countries such as Spain and Italy have average heights that are slightly shorter, but still close. We should also add that these statistics are limited to young men, which may skew the results slightly. Older generations may be far shorter, and might contribute to a considerably lower average.
http://m.askmen.com/top_10/travel/top-10-tallest-countries.html#8

The data is flawed. They quote the height for young men only for Greeks, but for men of all ages for Germans and Australians and probably many other nations that didn't make their list. 5'10" for young men is not tall. It's quite average.

Robert22
05-13-2013, 01:42 AM
How much of human height is genetic and how much is influenced due to nutrition?

Swearengen
05-13-2013, 01:47 AM
How much of human height is genetic and how much is influenced due to nutrition?

You can't really equate a percent to each. Basically, genetics sets upper and lower bounds that your height will fall into. With ideal nutrition, health, etc. you will reach the upper bound. With poor nutrition and health you will be around the lower bound.

So genetics might determine that you'll grow up to be 5'8" to 5'11", barring some sort of disease or trauma that really stunts growth. In developed countries, most people probably end up closer to their upper bound.

Smaug
05-13-2013, 01:54 AM
I've read Montenegrins are the tallest. The shortest must be some Southern Euro population like Portuguese or South Italians.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2013, 02:02 AM
No the greeks are taller than spanish for sure,

You say it as if it was a big difference. Wikipedia -the mentioned source in the map- actually says this:

Greece: 1.783 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Spain: 1.780 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Italy: 1.772 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Portugal: 1.737 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]

So the big difference, by these data (all from the same source, as it can be seen), is with Portugal, not with Spain.

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:05 AM
I've read Montenegrins are the tallest. The shortest must be some Southern Euro population like Portuguese or South Italians.

I agree. South Slavs are very tall. One American who visited Serbia says Serbs are like giants. You can read all about it in this thread (just ignore the pathetic trolls) : http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?79901-Average-Serb-is-6-2-quot-plus-They-re-like-Giants

Atlantic Islander
05-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Back during the American Revolutionary War, when all the men were around 5'6" on average, a Portuguese man was known as the Virginia Giant (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?79214-The-Revolution-s-One-Man-Army), because he was 6'6" (198 cm) and weighed 260 lbs of solid muscle. It's not so cut and dry.

Swearengen
05-13-2013, 02:09 AM
You say it as if it was a big difference. Wikipedia -the mentioned source in the map- actually says this:

Greece: 1.783 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Spain: 1.780 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Italy: 1.772 m (5 ft 10 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]
Portugal: 1.737 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) [Self-reported, 21 y., 2001]

So the big difference, by these data (all from the same source, as it can be seen), is with Portugal, not with Spain.

self reported stats. The average guy in canada says he's 6'. Maybe porteguese are just more truthful.

wvwvw
05-13-2013, 02:14 AM
History of human height

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Europeans in North America were far taller than those in Europe and were the tallest in the world.The original indigenous population of Plains Native Americans was also among the tallest populations of the world at the time. Several nations, including many nations in Europe, have now surpassed the US, particularly the Netherlands, and the Scandinavian nations. Now, the average height of White Americans is about the same as for the Europeans they are descended from.

In the late nineteenth century, the Netherlands was a land renowned for its short population, but today its population is among the world's tallest with young men averaging 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) tall. The tallest average in Europe is in the Dinaric Alps, with young men averaging 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in), and young women averaging 1.71 m (5 ft 7 in).[33]

According to study by Economist John Komlos and Francesco Cinnirella, in the first half of 18th century, the average height of English male was 165 cm, the average height of Irish male was 168 cm. The estimated mean height of English, German, and Scottish soldiers are 163.6 cm - 165.9 cm for the period as a whole, while that of Irish was 167.9 cm. The average height of male slaves and convicts in North America was 171 cm.[34]

Average height of Americans and Europeans decreased during period of rapid industrialization, possibly due to rapid population growth and increased economic inequality.[35] In early 19th century England, the difference between average height of English upper class youth (students of Sandhurst military academy) and English lower class youth (marine society boys) reached 22 cm, the highest that has been observed.[36]

Data derived from burials show that before 1850, the mean stature of male and female in Leiden, Netherlands was respectively 166.7 cm and 156.7 cm. The average height of 19 years old Dutch orphans in 1865 was 160 cm.[37]

According to study by J.W. Drukker and Vincent Tassenaar, the average height of Dutch decreased from 1830 to 1857, even while Dutch real GNP per capita was growing at an average rate of more than 0.5 percent per year. The worst decline were in urban areas that in 1847, the urban height penalty was 2.5cms. Urban mortality was also much higher than rural regions. In 1829, the average urban and rural Dutchman was 164 cm. By 1856, the average rural Dutchman was 162 cm and urban Dutchman was 158.5 cm.[38]

Average male height in impoverished Vietnam and North Korea remains comparatively small at 1.63 m (5 ft 4 in) and 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in), respectively.[citation needed] Currently, young adult North Korean males are actually significantly shorter.[specify] This contrasts greatly with the extreme growth occurring in surrounding Asian populations with correlated increasing standards of living.[39] Young South Koreans are about 12 cm (4.7 in) taller than their North Korean counterparts, on average. There is also an extreme difference between older North Koreans and young North Koreans who grew up during the famines of the 1990s–2000s. North Korean and South Korean adults older than 40, who were raised when the North and South's economies were about equal, are generally of the same average height.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:15 AM
We must not forget that some countries are using growth hormones in cows. This affects the growth of people.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2013, 02:20 AM
self reported stats. The average guy in canada says he's 6'. Maybe porteguese are just more truthful.

It's possible. And it was more than a decade ago. I'd say that Iberians about 20 y. today are definitely 1.78, maybe 1.79. on average. Perhaps the Portuguese are slightly shorter, but not that much. 1.77, as Alex said, seems quite correct to me. There should be reliable statistics on this every ten years. And measured, not self-reported.

Drawing-slim
05-13-2013, 02:24 AM
History of human height

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Europeans in North America were far taller than those in Europe and were the tallest in the world.The original indigenous population of Plains Native Americans was also among the tallest populations of the world at the time. Several nations, including many nations in Europe, have now surpassed the US, particularly the Netherlands, and the Scandinavian nations. Now, the average height of White Americans is about the same as for the Europeans they are descended from.

In the late nineteenth century, the Netherlands was a land renowned for its short population, but today its population is among the world's tallest with young men averaging 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) tall. The tallest average in Europe is in the Dinaric Alps, with young men averaging 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in), and young women averaging 1.71 m (5 ft 7 in).[33]

According to study by Economist John Komlos and Francesco Cinnirella, in the first half of 18th century, the average height of English male was 165 cm, the average height of Irish male was 168 cm. The estimated mean height of English, German, and Scottish soldiers are 163.6 cm - 165.9 cm for the period as a whole, while that of Irish was 167.9 cm. The average height of male slaves and convicts in North America was 171 cm.[34]

Average height of Americans and Europeans decreased during period of rapid industrialization, possibly due to rapid population growth and increased economic inequality.[35] In early 19th century England, the difference between average height of English upper class youth (students of Sandhurst military academy) and English lower class youth (marine society boys) reached 22 cm, the highest that has been observed.[36]

Data derived from burials show that before 1850, the mean stature of male and female in Leiden, Netherlands was respectively 166.7 cm and 156.7 cm. The average height of 19 years old Dutch orphans in 1865 was 160 cm.[37]

According to study by J.W. Drukker and Vincent Tassenaar, the average height of Dutch decreased from 1830 to 1857, even while Dutch real GNP per capita was growing at an average rate of more than 0.5 percent per year. The worst decline were in urban areas that in 1847, the urban height penalty was 2.5cms. Urban mortality was also much higher than rural regions. In 1829, the average urban and rural Dutchman was 164 cm. By 1856, the average rural Dutchman was 162 cm and urban Dutchman was 158.5 cm.[38]

Average male height in impoverished Vietnam and North Korea remains comparatively small at 1.63 m (5 ft 4 in) and 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in), respectively.[citation needed] Currently, young adult North Korean males are actually significantly shorter.[specify] This contrasts greatly with the extreme growth occurring in surrounding Asian populations with correlated increasing standards of living.[39] Young South Koreans are about 12 cm (4.7 in) taller than their North Korean counterparts, on average. There is also an extreme difference between older North Koreans and young North Koreans who grew up during the famines of the 1990s–2000s. North Korean and South Korean adults older than 40, who were raised when the North and South's economies were about equal, are generally of the same average height.
informative post.
proves again that albanians during starving communism era in comparison to the youth now, the diference is night and day.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:26 AM
informative post.
proves again that albanians during starving communism era in comparison to the youth now, the diference is night and day.

the old generation of tosks that migrated to greece is really short

Drawing-slim
05-13-2013, 02:33 AM
We must not forget that some countries are using growth hormones in cows. This affects the growth of people.this explains serb height, even your language sounds like a cow or mushka speaking.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:33 AM
hahahahahahaha

Drawing-slim
05-13-2013, 02:34 AM
the old generation of tosks that migrated to greece is really shortwell, the young generation of ghegs is noticeably taller and healthier

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:39 AM
In the late nineteenth century, the Netherlands was a land renowned for its short population, but today its population is among the world's tallest with young men averaging 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) tall. The tallest average in Europe is in the Dinaric Alps, with young men averaging 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in), and young women averaging 1.71 m (5 ft 7 in).

informative post.

It doesn't prove that at all.
Dinaric alps means this (only a small part touches Albania). :rolleyes:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Dinaric_Alps_subdivisions-fr.svg/741px-Dinaric_Alps_subdivisions-fr.svg.png

Look where the red is.
http://www.euratlas.com/Atlasphys/dinariques.jpg

Anyway, Albanians are usually short people.

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:40 AM
this explains serb height, even your language sounds like a cow or mushka speaking.

Your language sounds like a donkey is spitting.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:41 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Dinaric_Alps_subdivisions-fr.svg/741px-Dinaric_Alps_subdivisions-fr.svg.png

Look where the red is.

Anyway, Albanians are usually short people.

That is why albanians are much taller than serbs here.

And dinaric alps do not touch serbia at all btw.

Insuperable
05-13-2013, 02:43 AM

The table to me is useless and its a mess since who is in the mood for that much of comparison and useless analyzing. It is obvious that where both younger people and people who are 70 years old got tested that decreased average score a little. In the same sense for some countries people who were 17 or 18 or 21 or 20-30 years old got tested that raised an average score. For some countries where 18 or 19 years old only got tested I am sure they could squeeze more juice when compared to those 23 or 20-30... years old who got tested and so on. If info could be the same for everybody.

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:47 AM
That is why albanians are much taller than serbs here.

And dinaric alps do not touch serbia at all btw.
Dinaric Alps do indeed touch Serbia - Southwest Serbia. Albanians are generally short people- I am not saying short short but more like a Mediterranid style of people. Obviously not everyone is going to be super tall in these countries and shorter people would bring down the average so we have to look at that realistically.

In any case tall people are from Slovenia to Serbia - that means all the South Slavs.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Dinaric Alps do indeed touch Serbia - Southwest Serbia. Albanians are generally short people- I am not saying short short but more like a Mediterranid style of people. Obviously not everyone is going to be super tall in these countries and shorter people would bring down the average so we have to look at that realistically.

In any case tall people are from Slovenia to Serbia - that means all the South Slavs.

Dinaric alps do not touch serbia at all my dear.

It is true that the old generation of albanians was short, especially southern albanians.

However the situation is changing rapidly. The ones who decrease the average height of albanians are tosks, who will get taller and taller.

Serbs are tall, bit do not create myths.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Well, cows might have something to do with it, after all, because the Netherlands are the country in Europe with more cows per km2, according to stats. :)

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Well, cows might have something to do with it, after all, because the Netherlands are the country in Europe with more cows per km2, according to stats. :)

A dutch cow produces 2.5 times more milk than a normal european cow.

Drawing-slim
05-13-2013, 02:55 AM

Look where the red is.

Anyway, Albanians are usually short people.thats the point rashka, ghegs originate through all dinaric alps. its their home before any south slavs ever lived there.
even the tiny part of dinaric alps that touches albania 2000 years ago not a single soul lived there, which means gheghs migrated to these todays parts escaping you ugly monsters.
how do you people sleep at night!!

ChocolateFace
05-13-2013, 02:57 AM
thats the point rashka, ghegs originate through all dinaric alps. its their home before any south slavs ever lived there.
even the tiny part of dinaric alps that touches albania 2000 years ago not a single soul lived there, which means gheghs migrated to these todays parts escaping you ugly monsters.
how do you sleep at night!!

Albanians lived all the way down until present day Greece thousands of years ago. What happened was that many of the Albanians that live up north joined their brethren in the south.

rashka
05-13-2013, 02:59 AM
thats the point rashka, ghegs originate through all dinaric alps. its their home before any south slavs ever lived there.
how do you sleep at night!!
You people came to the Balkans from the Caucasus. Not quite directly, I might add. Don't forget your roots.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Please do not make this thread a Balkan war again. It is rididulous.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 03:00 AM
You people came to the Balkans from the Caucasus. Not quite directly, I might add. Don't forget your roots.

It is know that serbs come from Iran, scientific facts. Evan your national hat Shakiraqa it of iranian heritage. And I am not joking here.

rashka
05-13-2013, 03:02 AM
It is know that serbs come from Iran, scientific facts. Evan your national hat Shakiraqa it of iranian heritage. And I am not joking here.
Is that a Chechen in your signature?

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Is that a Chechen in your signature?

Probably, a gaint , blond chechen.

Anglojew
05-13-2013, 03:07 AM

The Albanians on this forum keep going on about how tall they are but all the Albanians I know in Australia are midgets while the Serbs are often 200cms. Maybe it's the regions they migrated from?

ChocolateFace
05-13-2013, 03:09 AM
The Albanians on this forum keep going on about how tall they are but all the Albanians I know in Australia are midgets while the Serbs are often 200cms. Maybe it's the regions they migrated from?

Maybe they are Tosks. They are average height but the older generations are short. I forgot to distinguish between ghegs and tosks in my post.

Atlantic Islander
05-13-2013, 03:11 AM
A dutch cow produces 2.5 times more milk than a normal european cow.

Do you have a link to this info? Thanks.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
05-13-2013, 03:16 AM
dutch are the kings, tallest in the land

Grizzly
05-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Alot of it probably has to due with nutrition and I guess the other half is just genetics

Using myself as example my parents aren't very tall, my dad is probably 5'9 or 5'10 while my mom is probably 5'4-5'5ish

I'm around 6'1-6'2 and my brother is slightly taller than me. My parents were born and raised in Yugoslavia and they didn't have much growing up.

But in general Balkan people are the tallest. Especially Montenegrins and Kosovar Albanians.. I think Bosnians are tall as well.

Atlantic Islander
05-13-2013, 03:34 AM

What is their farming model - intensive, semi-intensive, or extensive?

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Do you have a link to this info? Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holstein_cattle

Robert22
05-13-2013, 03:44 AM
its weird since dutch were known to be small in the past.

Anglojew
05-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Maybe they are Tosks. They are average height but the older generations are short. I forgot to distinguish between ghegs and tosks in my post.

What's the difference? Historically Bosnians were known as the tallest people in Europe so maybe they're closely related?

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 07:42 AM
What's the difference? Historically Bosnians were known as the tallest people in Europe so maybe they're closely related?

Toscs are southern albanian tribes, they were very poor and this has affected their height, also they are alpine mostly.

Northern albanians known as ghegs were always the tallest people of europe, there are hundreds of documents about this, read also:

'' The Mountains of Giants'' of Carleton Coon, about Northern Albania.

Gospodine
05-13-2013, 07:42 AM
its weird since dutch were known to be small in the past.

The Dutch were indeed of average European height a mere century and a half ago. So their changes in stature can largely be attributed to changes in nutrition.

If you look at the peoples who dwelled in and around the Dinaric Alps in both past and present; there are mentions from antiquity about the people of the Paleo-Balkan cultures being of unusually tall stature. And to this day Montenegrins, Dalmatians and Herzegovinians are still bloody tall and easily on par with the Dutch. (Just to be clear I'm not implying any claims of descent from said cultures; I'm merely stating that the people who have dwelled in this part of the world have likely carried genes for extraordinary height since the Neolithic)

I think if a proper, comprehensive and well-funded survey was carried out on these populations (which they haven't been so far); you'd find them to be taller than the Dutch on average.

Queen B
05-13-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't believe this
I do. When I was working in an airport, I could guess the Dutch because of their heights. The shortest woman was in my height, 174cm!
the old generation of tosks that migrated to greece is really short
that's true.

We should also take into consideration what each nation have been gone through. I mean, North and South Koreans are basically the same people, but Southern are taller. The famine and malnutrition of the North ones, have an effect on their growth. Same in Europe, I guess.
That's why younger generations are pretty taller than older.

Insuperable
05-13-2013, 09:45 AM
The Dutch were indeed of average European height a mere century and a half ago. So their changes in stature can largely be attributed to changes in nutrition.

If you look at the peoples who dwelled in and around the Dinaric Alps in both past and present; there are mentions from antiquity about the people of the Paleo-Balkan cultures being of unusually tall stature. And to this day Montenegrins, Dalmatians and Herzegovinians are still bloody tall and easily on par with the Dutch. (Just to be clear I'm not implying any claims of descent from said cultures; I'm merely stating that the people who have dwelled in this part of the world have likely carried genes for extraordinary height since the Neolithic)

I think if a proper, comprehensive and well-funded survey was carried out on these populations (which they haven't been so far); you'd find them to be taller than the Dutch on average.

Indeed. That 185.6cm study for Dinaric Alps comes from samples taken in six locations in Dalmatia and from three locations in Herzegovina and Montenegrins can not be on average shorter than that.

safinator
05-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Indeed. That 185.6cm study for Dinaric Alps comes from samples taken in six locations in Dalmatia and from three locations in Herzegovina and Montenegrins can not be on average shorter than that.

Average young Montenegrin male is 183.21±7.06 centimetres

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=354d60520f2c76c930c5c04f9ab39ae3&drKey=1082&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theapricity.com%2Fstudy-on-montenegrins-2012-t523.html&v=1&libid=1351372688989&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.zetaboards.com%2Fanthroscape%2 Fsearch%2F%3Fc%3D4%26mid%3D1650916&title=Study%20on%20Montenegrins%20(2012)&txt=Link&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13513730390871&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drustvo-antropologov.si%2FAN%2FPDF%2F2012_2%2FAnthropologi cal_Notebooks_XVIII_2_Bjelica.pdf

el22
05-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Toscs are southern albanian tribes, they were very poor and this has affected their height, also they are alpine mostly.

Northern albanians known as ghegs were always the tallest people of europe, there are hundreds of documents about this, read also:

'' The Mountains of Giants'' of Carleton Coon, about Northern Albania.

I don't like to involve in these brainless threads, but just for the sake of the truth: Ghegs living in the cities are neither taller nor lighter than Tosks, neither in the past, nor today. Think for example cities like Shkodra, Durresi, Elbasan and Kavaja (all Ghegs).

All these Gheg comic actors of the same generation Fadil Hasa (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Fadil+Hasa&oq=Fadil+Hasa&gs_l=img.3...625388.625388.0.626002.1.1.0.0.0.0.0. 0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.ff22Rb65uHQ), Mirush Kabashi (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Mirush+Kabashi&oq=Mirush+Kabashi&gs_l=img.3...37824.37824.0.38206.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.. 0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.SHfDHFHdIwI), Zef Deda (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Zef+Deda&oq=Zef+Deda&gs_l=img.3...50593.50593.0.51045.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.. 0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.vpEclqEIijQ) are shorter on average than parodists of Vlora (Tosk) (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&q=parodisted%20e%20vlores&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=pb6QUbD5Mqql4gSbk4Fw)

The tallest public figure in Albania, Edi Rama (198 cm) (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&q=edi%20rama&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ScKQUefNG8W0tAbbwIGgDA) is also Tosk.
The tall and pale Ghegs are maybe in top of mountains, but unless someone has a compelling reason to climb there, their beauty is invisible.

05-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Alot of it probably has to due with nutrition and I guess the other half is just genetics

Using myself as example my parents aren't very tall, my dad is probably 5'9 or 5'10 while my mom is probably 5'4-5'5ish

I'm around 6'1-6'2 and my brother is slightly taller than me. My parents were born and raised in Yugoslavia and they didn't have much growing up.

But in general Balkan people are the tallest. Especially Montenegrins and Kosovar Albanians.. I think Bosnians are tall as well.

My father is maybe 164, my grandfather was even shorter. My brother is 184 maybe. My brother's son is going to be taller than his father. So, yes, nutrition plays a HUGE role. I think nutrition may be responsible for CM increase/decrease as well.

sevruk
05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Why are people so obsessed with high growth? I think the growth of 200 cm not very comfortable. I think the most comfortable height 170-185 cm at an intermediate position between dolichomorphy and mesomorphy

05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Why are people so obsessed with high growth? I think the growth of 200 cm not very comfortable. I think the most comfortable height 170-185 cm at an intermediate position between dolichomorphy and mesomorphy

When majority becomes very tall, it'll get uncomfortable for the short.

Raikaswinþs
05-13-2013, 11:05 AM
In the case of Spain there is an interesting line between the rather short people born before 1970, the somewhat taller people born between 1970 and the late eighties, and the surprisingly tall genertion born in the early nineties.

If we consider only Spaniards born after 1987-88 I honestly don´t think we lag a lot behind the tallest regions of Europe (Such as the netherlands or Croatia).

I´m 182.5cm (6ft sharp for the protestants). Almost everyone in my dad's generation was substantially shorter (in the 168-173cm for males). Compared with my own generation, I used to be "above average" (but not specially tall, as a matter of fact, most of my friends were of comparable height) when my generation was coming of age at the turn of the millenium . But now, when I compare myself with the guys that are 7-10 years younger than me (between 18 and 21 years old) I am just average. There are tons of teenagers that are over 6ft in Spain atm.

When we have family meetings it can actualy get comical when grannys look like basically hobbits.

The average height for Spanish males as of 2013 is 177cm. Now think that there are millions of 65+ dwarves pushing the average down...so I estimate that the average for people between 18 and 35 years old today in Spain is roughly 180cm if not more

morski
05-13-2013, 11:48 AM
In the case of Spain there is an interesting line between the rather short people born before 1970, the somewhat taller people born between 1970 and the late eighties, and the surprisingly tall genertion born in the early nineties.

If we consider only Spaniards born after 1987-88 I honestly don´t think we lag a lot behind the tallest regions of Europe (Such as the netherlands or Croatia).

I´m 182.5cm (6ft sharp for the protestants). Almost everyone in my dad's generation was substantially shorter (in the 168-173cm for males). Compared with my own generation, I used to be "above average" (but not specially tall, as a matter of fact, most of my friends were of comparable height) when my generation was coming of age at the turn of the millenium . But now, when I compare myself with the guys that are 7-10 years younger than me (between 18 and 21 years old) I am just average. There are tons of teenagers that are over 6ft in Spain atm.

When we have family meetings it can actualy get comical when grannys look like basically hobbits.

The average height for Spanish males as of 2013 is 177cm. Now think that there are millions of 65+ dwarves pushing the average down...so I estimate that the average for people between 18 and 35 years old today in Spain is roughly 180cm if not more

That's very similar to the situation here according to my personal experience.

Robert22
05-13-2013, 05:03 PM
so aside from Pygmy People in Congo, human height is pretty universal + if good nutrients/indivdual genetics about 1,80 ?

Geni
05-13-2013, 05:05 PM

This is absurd..:picard2:

Geni
05-13-2013, 05:05 PM
And absolut NOT true..

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't like to involve in these brainless threads, but just for the sake of the truth: Ghegs living in the cities are neither taller nor lighter than Tosks, neither in the past, nor today. Think for example cities like Shkodra, Durresi, Elbasan and Kavaja (all Ghegs).

All these Gheg comic actors of the same generation Fadil Hasa (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Fadil+Hasa&oq=Fadil+Hasa&gs_l=img.3...625388.625388.0.626002.1.1.0.0.0.0.0. 0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.ff22Rb65uHQ), Mirush Kabashi (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Mirush+Kabashi&oq=Mirush+Kabashi&gs_l=img.3...37824.37824.0.38206.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.. 0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.SHfDHFHdIwI), Zef Deda (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Zef+Deda&oq=Zef+Deda&gs_l=img.3...50593.50593.0.51045.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.. 0.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.vpEclqEIijQ) are shorter on average than parodists of Vlora (Tosk) (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&q=parodisted%20e%20vlores&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=pb6QUbD5Mqql4gSbk4Fw)

The tallest public figure in Albania, Edi Rama (198 cm) (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1536&bih=794&noj=1&q=edi%20rama&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ScKQUefNG8W0tAbbwIGgDA) is also Tosk.
The tall and pale Ghegs are maybe in top of mountains, but unless someone has a compelling reason to climb there, their beauty is invisible.

Well my dear friend, durresi is populated by tosks, and kavaja, elbasani and shkodra are basically turkish colonies, that is why people are not so light there, they are gypsies who speak the gheg dialect.

Parodists of vlora are lab highlanders, that is why they are tall.

You can not compare ghegs with tosks in height. In Dukagjin, northern albania, you will barely find young guys under 190 cm.

Edi Rama is 196 cm not 198.

Tosks have evan more light eyes then gheg highlanders.

el22
05-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Well my dear friend, durresi is populated by tosks, and kavaja, elbasani and shkodra are basically turkish colonies, that is why people are not so light there, they are gypsies who speak the gheg dialect.

Parodists of vlora are lab highlanders, that is why they are tall.

You can not compare ghegs with tosks in height. In Dukagjin, northern albania, you will barely find young guys under 190 cm.

Edi Rama is 196 cm not 198.

Tosks have evan more light eyes then gheg highlanders.

Well, if Shkodra, Elbasani and Kavaja are Turk kolonies and Durresi is Tosk, then basically there are no Ghegs in Albania. Seriously though, Elbasani and Durresi are "lightweight" Ghegs (Durresi has some Tosks as well, but Fadil Hasa is Gheg), and you made Drawing Live Turk :D (he is from Shkodra). When Rama was asked about his height, he said "I'm 198 cm, with shoes 2 m".

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, if Shkodra, Elbasani and Kavaja are Turk kolonies and Durresi is Tosk, then basically there are no Ghegs in Albania. Seriously though, Elbasani and Durresi are "lightweight" Ghegs (Durresi has some Tosks as well, but Fadil Hasa is Gheg), and you made Drawing Live Turk :D (he is from Shkodra). When Rama was asked about his height, he said "I'm 198 cm, with shoes 2 m".

Ghegs are called the mountain highlanders my dear friend, who compossed in 1912, 95% of the gheg population, not the turkish colonies in cities.

Fadil Hasa is a gypsy, are you fucking kiding with me????

Elbasani is middle albania, turkish leftovers.

el22
05-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Ghegs are called the mountain highlanders my dear friend, who compossed in 1912, 95% of the gheg population, not the turkish colonies in cities.

Fadil Hasa is a gypsy, are you fucking kiding with me????

Elbasani is middle albania, turkish leftovers.

Well, not many would share your view. Shkodra is considered as the capital of the north. If what you say is true, then Ghegs barely have left any mark in any field.

And btw, one of the strongest bastions of Sali Berisha (and where he is elected in may elections) is Kavaja, a "Turkish kolony" :D

Leon_C
05-13-2013, 05:48 PM
I've heard a lot of times that Montenegro is the tallest and the dinaric alps in general are very tall, Dutch people from personal experience are tall, my Judo coach is 6'4 and his son 6'3 but they are Dinaric in terms of subrace. I don't really care about the average height of the UK, as long as I am above it things are good.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, not many would share your view. Shkodra is considered as the capital of the north. If what you say is true, then Ghegs barely have left any mark in any field.

And btw, one of the strongest bastions of Sali Berisha (and where he is elected in may elections) is Kavaja, a "Turkish kolony" :D

Shkodra as a city is the center of the catholic albanian church, the spirit of the albanian highlanders during the asiatic conquest. But the muslim shkodrans are asiatic colons, shko kerko '' historia e shkodres" ne internet se e ke ket qe po them.

The white people in kavaja are ghegs from kosovo.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I've heard a lot of times that Montenegro is the tallest and the dinaric alps in general are very tall, Dutch people from personal experience are tall, my Judo coach is 6'4 and his son 6'3 but they are Dinaric in terms of subrace. I don't really care about the average height of the UK, as long as I am above it things are good.

What is your height?

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 05:58 PM
From my experience Italians are very short in stature while Germans are quite tall.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 05:59 PM
From my experience Italians are very short in stature while Germans are quite tall.

you live in germany?

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 06:00 PM
you live in germany?

Yes.

Leon_C
05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
What is your height?

193cm

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 06:04 PM
193cm

That's tall enough.

wvwvw
05-13-2013, 06:06 PM

I have seen the opposite...very tall Northern (?) Italians. I was under the impression they were taller than Greeks, Spaniards or Portuguese; Definitely not shorter than Greeks.

Perhaps you had Berlusconi in mind when you wrote that? :biggrin:

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 06:08 PM
I have seen the opposite...very tall Northern (?) Italians. I was under the impression they were taller than Greeks, Spaniards or Portuguese; Definitely not shorter than Greeks.

Majority of the Italians I have met where all from Sicilia. On averag around 170 cm. Quite short.

Swearengen
05-13-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't understand why you guys are arguing over whose nation is 0.5" cm taller than another on average, which is probably within statistical uncertainty.

It seems like most europeans cluster around 5'10" on average, except for the tall one's in the dinaric alps and northern europe and the short one's in sicily and portugal.

And these "tall" nations are like 1" taller on average, around 5'11". Big deal.

Leon_C
05-13-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't understand why you guys are arguing over whose nation is 0.5" cm taller than another on average, which is probably within statistical uncertainty.

It seems like most europeans cluster around 5'10" on average, except for the tall one's in the dinaric alps and northern europe and the short one's in sicily and portugal.

Yeah, all I care about is my own height not the average of my countrymen.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
193cm

Quiet tall. I have seen some brits, english people like 20 in my restaurant and they were good in their height. Only the dutch were taller than them from the foreigners.

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
The most thing I wonder about my height is that my parents are quite short. I am 185 cm, my younger brother is 181 cm(15 years old) my older brothers are all between 185 cm and 188 cm but my parents are both around 168 cm.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
It goes with the chances, it seems.

My father is 184, my mother 171 and my brothers are : 1st -> 196, 2nd-> 178, me ->174 and 4th 194!

That is a big difference between you and your brothers.

Greeks are very good in height, but when I was in athens i didn't see any difference between the young generation and 40 years old men.

It seem the growth have stopped.

safinator
05-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Height is very random true, My father is 185 cm, yet both the grandparents are below 170 cm, my mom is 163 cm yet both her parents are taller than her yet still shorter than 170 cm.
Me 177 cm and fully grown, my younger brother though is predicted to grow around my fathers height.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Height is very random true, My father is 185 cm, yet both the grandparents are below 170 cm, my mom is 163 cm yet both her parents are taller than her yet still shorter than 170 cm.
Me 177 cm and fully grown, my younger brother though is predicted to grow around my fathers height.

Is your father a lab?

safinator
05-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Is your father a lab?

All my family is Lab from all the four sides.

Kastrioti1443
05-13-2013, 06:43 PM
All my family is Lab from all the four sides.

So it makes sense the height of your father and your look.

I met 3 old lab men in Tirana, and they were all above 185, with small blue eyes and mustache, very warlike.

Queen B
05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
That is a big difference between you and your brothers.

Greeks are very good in height, but when I was in athens i didn't see any difference between the young generation and 40 years old men.

It seem the growth have stopped.

Ι am a female after all. Actually, there is a big difference between my 1st and last brother, and my second brother.

I disagree about Greeks, actually. The younger generation are considerably taller than the generation of our parents. Yet, my parents generation is not that short. My grandfathers generation, is very short though. I mean, people who have gone through the ww2 and the Greek famine (during German occupation Greece went through great famine, malnutrition and thousands of deaths).

Swearengen
05-13-2013, 06:58 PM
In canada everyone thinks that the younger generation is getting taller, but the reality is just that the taller generation has shrunk. Every census going back to like the 1930s has us averaging around 5'10" for 20-30 year olds.

Methusalem
05-13-2013, 07:00 PM
In canada everyone thinks that the younger generation is getting taller, but the reality is just that the taller generation has shrunk. Every census going back to like the 1930s has us averaging around 5'10" for 20-30 year olds.

They reached their genetic limit.

Robert22
05-14-2013, 07:41 AM
so from my understanding all europeans are generally the same height, only the Dinaric People being above ?what could cause the to be that big?

King Claus
05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Lol, spaniards are damn small;)

RussiaPrussia
05-14-2013, 07:48 AM
why are people so obssed with height? Its bad in war you can be shot very easy

BlastFromDaPast
05-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Montenegros, Croats, Bosnians, Serbs, Gheg Albanians and Northern Europeans are tall.

French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, Russians are short.

The Alchemist
05-14-2013, 09:04 AM
^ the russians i know aren't short, they probably come from the most northern parts. Certainly not the shortest in Europe, who are iberians and southern italians.
Btw i always felt ok in all places of Europe, not tall nor short, i wasn't short even in Sweden.

Robert22
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
why are people so obssed with height? Its bad in war you can be shot very easy

ist because of our Society. If your tall, everything is fine, but being small means often disadvantages in the Society.

GhegHighlander
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
average Gheg Highlander is 190 cm tall younglings are even taller i just got 17 and im 193cm my classmates are even taller than me. the purest Albanians are Albanians from north Albania ( excluding rapper Noizy who is a bi-racial subhuman with gypsy admixture).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Qdr2w1PNnCU/SLb44wBmCxI/AAAAAAAAAQs/mSs-tZaf-wA/s1600/prek+cali.bmp
http://www.hoxha.at/foto/albums/userpics/10001/Samidin-Xhezairi-Hoxha-2001-09a.jpg

MissProvocateur
05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Heheh, My boyfriend is 1.90, I think 1.92 or so now. He's Swedish, I'm not surprised about the Scandinavians being tall. The tallest European friend I know though is Russian, he is 1.94.

Those tall bastards.

Lábaru
05-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Average Spaniard is 2.15m
http://www.thetimeoutstore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/774_pau-gasol.jpg

and in Europe, I'm pretty sure that women are the shortest people.

gregorius
05-14-2013, 12:42 PM

He is a GheghHiglander

MissProvocateur
05-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Lies. The average spaniard is nowhere near 2.15m, otherwise they would be the tallest Europeans. I hope you're kidding. The average male spaniard is 1.78 m tall.

gregorius
05-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Lies. The average spaniard is nowhere near 2.15m, otherwise they would be the tallest Europeans. I hope you're kidding. The average male spaniard is 1.78 m tall.
Why he has a proof that spaniards are 2.15 cm tall. The gasol brothers are pretty average in catalunya.
Catalunyan Highlanders are on averge 35 CM taller than rest of spain

Mazik
05-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Scandinavian highlanders are the tallest.

Here we for example got the Norwegian highlander Tron Lundemo compared to a lowland Norwegian:

http://s12.postimg.org/t9zj5t59p/sh1.jpg

And here, a Swedish highlander named Anders Gustaf Andersson (sitting down but still taller than his lowland co-workers):

http://www.thetallestman.com/images/andersgustafandersson/andersgustafandersson.jpg

another pic (just look at his brutal hands):

http://bildarkivet.oxelosund.se/images/1a/390/001390_760x560.jpg

Another Swedish highlander with his lowland wife:

http://www.genealogi.se/portratt/images/img200210/1663.jpg

Lábaru
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
The other day talking with a friend about his child, was brought up this topic of height, he told me he wanted the height of his child's reach the 195cm, but that would be enough a minimum of at least 191cm.

Lábaru
05-14-2013, 12:52 PM

maybe not 2.15m, but 2.10m.

GhegHighlander
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM

Here we for example got the Norwegian highlander Tron Lundemo compared to a lowland Norwegian:

http://s12.postimg.org/t9zj5t59p/sh1.jpg

And here, a Swedish highlander named Anders Gustaf Andersson (sitting down but still taller than his lowland co-workers):

http://www.thetallestman.com/images/andersgustafandersson/andersgustafandersson.jpg

another pic (just look at his brutal hands):

http://bildarkivet.oxelosund.se/images/1a/390/001390_760x560.jpg

Another Swedish highlander with his lowland wife:

http://www.genealogi.se/portratt/images/img200210/1663.jpg

Dutch people and other north europeans are really tall but i think the average Gheg Highlander is taller than average Swedish. . We the Albanians of Albania are taller than the Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia because we are the purest Albanians. The Catholic Kosovars are good looking Albanians but Albanians from outside of albania usually have too much plastic surgery and implants trying to imitate the plasticity of the West. Fuck fuck fuck !

Young Gheg Highlanders they arenot fully grown yet but they are still tall for their age.

http://s10.postimg.org/tkhh43tyh/00_AA.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

wvwvw
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Deimos
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Dutch people and other north europeans are really tall but i think the average Gheg Highlander is taller than average Swedish. . We the Albanians of Albania are taller than the Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia because we are the purest Albanians. The Catholic Kosovars are good looking Albanians but Albanians from outside of albania usually have too much plastic surgery and implants trying to imitate the plasticity of the West. Fuck fuck fuck !

http://synthesis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/lolwut.jpg

GhegHighlander
05-14-2013, 01:08 PM
im 193cm but im having knee pain every night this means im still growing. .

Methusalem
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
[

That's more some kind of akromegalie than anything else.:picard2:

ButlerKing
05-14-2013, 01:47 PM
http://www.theillustratedprofessor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/It-Depends-1.jpg

Southern Europeans height ranges from 165 cm to 185 cm but the average is around 172-178 cm.
North Europeans height ranges from 165 cm to 190 cm but the average is around 173 - 183 cm.

I've seen many people before it al depends on the person. I know most Dutch are taller on average but you will also see many that are below and short.

Robert22
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
how tall are japenese People compared to europeans?

ABest
05-14-2013, 02:32 PM
how tall are japenese People compared to europeans?

Japanese people are rather short compared to other East Asians, actually.

Robert22
05-14-2013, 02:58 PM
how so?

Prince Carlo
05-14-2013, 06:09 PM
I used to think that Sardinians were the shortest people in Europe, but after having seen many of them in the real life, I don't think so anymore. I have also some Sardinian relatives and they aren't short at all.

Robert22
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
like i said, all europeans are more or less the same height then... aside from dinaric People possible.

Swearengen
05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
like i said, all europeans are more or less the same height then... aside from dinaric People possible.

it's true across racial lines as well. In the US, blacks and whites are very similar heights, with whites just slightly taller (<0.5"). Koreans are also a similar height to us.

GhegHighlander
05-15-2013, 12:55 PM
ok lets count the height of all albos here and make an average.

gheghighlander (me) 193cm
alsh 192cm
kastritoi 198cm
duskfall 198 cm
deimos 194cm
arberori 185 cm
illyrian fighter 180 cm
dralos 195cm

i dont know others..

stop lying you subhuman midget jew.

glass
05-15-2013, 01:05 PM
ok lets count the height of all albos here and make an average.

gheghighlander (me) 193cm
alsh 192cm
kastritoi 198cm
duskfall 198 cm
deimos 194cm
arberori 185 cm
illyrian fighter 180 cm
dralos 195cm
i am pretty sure real height of those highlanders is like 15-20cm lower

Atlantic Islander
05-15-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.theillustratedprofessor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/It-Depends-1.jpg

Southern Europeans height ranges from 165 cm to 185 cm but the average is around 172-178 cm.
North Europeans height ranges from 165 cm to 190 cm but the average is around 173 - 183 cm.

I've seen many people before it al depends on the person. I know most Dutch are taller on average but you will also see many that are below and short.

The range can't be correct if there are/were people that exist outside of the range numbers. Other than that, I agree.

GhegHighlander
05-15-2013, 01:12 PM
i am pretty sure real height of those highlanders is like 15-20cm lower

Mongol russian you would be a midget among us.

glass
05-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Mongol russian you would be a midget among us.
it is well known fact, height on the internetz is usually 15-20 cm lower than irl and dicks are 10cm+ longer than irl:picard1:

GhegHighlander
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
it is well known fact, height on the internetz is usually 15-20 cm than irl and dicks are 10cm+ longer than irl:picard1:

Im Albanian from the north and 193cm while my classmates are even taller than me. I have to say that on average northern Albanians are taller than the southern ones because there are some mixed subhumans among them. I have also traveled around the region and in my opinion Albanians are the tallest among the Balkan countries. I'm sure you are a midget.

glass
05-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Im Albanian from the north and 193cm while my classmates are even taller than me. I have to say that on average northern Albanians are taller than the southern ones because there are some mixed subhumans among them. I have also traveled around the region and in my opinion Albanians are the tallest among the Balkan countries.
there is no even single relible source that tells about extreme height among north albanians.
i heard about some african tribes but not about albanians.

gregorius
05-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Albanian ghegs Highlanders are 207 cm on average, Armo Highlanders are a bit shorter 201 cm on average

Source: dr Arm0zFinest Gregoryan www.IknowEverything.com

Loki
05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Im Albanian from the north and 193cm while my classmates are even taller than me. I have to say that on average northern Albanians are taller than the southern ones because there are some mixed subhumans among them. I have also traveled around the region and in my opinion Albanians are the tallest among the Balkan countries. I'm sure you are a midget.

You call your fellow Albanians subhuman? Interesting ...

Artek
05-15-2013, 01:58 PM
There are up to 30 Spaniards enlisted at the gym I work out in (probably nearly all male Spaniards, that are currently on student exchange in my town, from various regions of Spain) and they are noticeably shorter and more gracile than Poles.

I don't have experience with the height of other nations, anyway.

Only one guy ,who looked Berid ,was tall (190cm) and robust.

sevruk
05-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Albanians may be higher than the rest of the Balkanians because of their high brachycephalic ugly Armenoid-skulls.
http://i.pixs.ru/storage/5/8/7/RRRSRSRSSR_9481588_2051587.jpg

Lábaru
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Casually in the gym where I work there are around 60 Poles and they are obviously shorter and weaker than the Spanish males, is also difficult differentiate Polish men of Polish women, men are very effeminate and women are very masculine, even men seem to suffer all of them Gynecomastia.

Only a girl, who looks Gorid, has no signs of beard. I have no experience of other nations, just these 60 Poles.

safinator
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Albanians may be higher than the rest of the Balkanians because of their high brachycephalic ugly Armenoid-skulls.

Sup Russki

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__hVqs8nSydQ/Sz4kRrEPhkI/AAAAAAAAHBI/NE5zr2iaQSo/s320/untermensch.jpg

sevruk
05-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Sup Russki

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__hVqs8nSydQ/Sz4kRrEPhkI/AAAAAAAAHBI/NE5zr2iaQSo/s320/untermensch.jpg

he is not Russian:)

but those swarthy Armenoids real those "uber" Albanians, lol

safinator
05-16-2013, 03:25 PM
he is not Russian:)

but those swarthy Armenoids real those "uber" Albanians, lol

He was based among your compatriots and these Ubermans above could crush those mediocre potato faced Untermenschs :)

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 03:35 PM

This motherfucker is guapo

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I have seen a lot of russians in athens, and they are really light in hair, skin and eyes, with their baltid looks, but not tall.

wvwvw
05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I have seen a lot of russians in athens, and they are really light in hair, skin and eyes, with their baltid looks, but not tall.

Some are really tall...I have seen many of them who were 2.00m tall

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Some are really tall...I have seen many of them who were 2.00m tall

I was in the metro and a group of them came, like 20 people, they speak loudly also, none of them was more than 185 cm. However there are a lot of tall russians, generally coming from northwestern Russia.

Lusos
05-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm an average height guy from Lisbon. I'm 177cm.
So no, the 173 figure doesn't seem right from my experience.

I'm an average height guy from Lisbon. I'm 176cm.
So no, the 173 figure doesn't seem right from my experience.:thumb001:

morski
05-16-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm an average height guy from Lisbon. I'm 176cm.
So no, the 173 figure doesn't seem right from my experience.:thumb001:

You can't be both avergae.:D

Prince Carlo
05-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Albanians and Serbs are generally taller than both Poles and Russians IMHO.

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Albanians and Serbs are generally taller than both Poles and Russians IMHO.

Poles are short. Russians are taller than poles.

Lusos
05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Is this map accurate?

It can't be correct for Portugal.

I'm 1.76 and most of the People I know are taller then me.Not the Wife though,she's 1.71

Lusos
05-16-2013, 05:17 PM
You can't be both avergae.:D

Of course.
You need the other 11 Million.(To find the average.)

GhegHighlander
05-16-2013, 07:40 PM

russian neanderthal subhumans

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/293/NikolayValuevEtienne4.jpg
http://www.russian-victories.ru/untermensch.jpg
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/russian-greeting.jpg

Vasconcelos
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm 174 and I feel short compared to most people of my age. Older people seem to be significantly shorter, though.

Mahmoud
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
So who are the tallest people of europe im confused. Dutch?

Loki
05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
So who are the tallest people of europe im confused. Dutch?

Yes.

Arianiti
05-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Rashka, serbs are that tall that two can fit in this attached thing of tractor :lol:

http://www.wickedreport.com/images/WhichManYouWouldLikeToMarry_05.jpg

P.S. My stomach hurts from laughing hahah :lol:

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Rashka, serbs are that all that two can fit in this attached thing of tractor :lol:

http://www.wickedreport.com/images/WhichManYouWouldLikeToMarry_05.jpg

P.S. My stomach hurts from laughing hahah :lol:

Kosovo, as a state, will soon have the tallest people on earth.

Arianiti
05-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Kosovo, as a state, will soon have the tallest people on earth.

Together with Northern Albania :)

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Together with Northern Albania :)

The albanians in Kosova have a better life, more order there, plus we have these tosks.... :rolleyes:

Not a Cop
05-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Well this thread is now obviously a trollecoster, but i still want to add my 5 cents - I think that the talllest people in East-Europe are Balts - they are usually more robust and taller then russian people and in USSR there were a stereotype about blonde and tall balt's

Arianiti
05-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Don't forget that Enver Hoxha was a tosk. There are tall tosks as well.

Kastrioti1443
05-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't forget that Enver Hoxha was a tosk There are tall tosks as well.

Enver Hoxha was a nigger.

Arianiti
05-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Enver Hoxha was a nigger.

:lol:

absolute nigger

Artek
05-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Casually in the gym where I work there are around 60 Poles and they are obviously shorter and weaker than the Spanish males, is also difficult differentiate Polish men of Polish women, men are very effeminate and women are very masculine, even men seem to suffer all of them Gynecomastia.

Only a girl, who looks Gorid, has no signs of beard. I have no experience of other nations, just these 60 Poles.

Sumun haz a buthert

sevruk
05-17-2013, 06:02 AM
russian neanderthal subhumans
http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/293/NikolayValuevEtienne4.jpg

Try to say it to him personally, he destroy you

GhegHighlander
05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Don't forget that Enver Hoxha was a tosk. There are tall tosks as well.

Yes there are but as i said before they are not as pure as Gheg Highlanders.

Try to say it to him personally, he destroy you
he cant understand human language he is a subhuman neanderthal.

ChocolateFace
05-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes there are but as i said before they are not as pure as Gheg Highlanders.

he cant understand human language he is a subhuman neanderthal.

Hi Guapo

Ianus
11-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Dutch and Portuguese

gregorius
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I heard ghegs are the tallest, I heard there wimmin are taller than males of other ethnicities but i could be wrong

Mn The Loki TA Son
11-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Dutch are really impressive! Something like 1.87m for men.
Yes! I saw one time a Dutch couple in Mexico and I felt like a midget xD
They seem like about the same tall. when I past by them I had reach them around the chest. lol I'm 5'7 ft.

The Dutch are very tall.

Dynamo
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Dutch are really impressive! Something like 1.87m for men.

maybe its because they drink so much milk and eat way too much cheese lol :)

bimo
11-01-2013, 11:37 PM

bhwahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahah i can't stop laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!

morski
11-02-2013, 12:16 AM
bhwahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahah i can't stop laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, fuck a nation of 15 million, cause OUR BALKAN VILLAGE of 500 is 2.5 m on average... :laugh:

Libertas
11-06-2013, 06:59 PM
South Italians are among the SHORTEST.

Libertas
11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Dutch and Montenegrins are Tallest.

Gaijin
02-26-2014, 04:53 PM

False.
I'm a shoeless 1,83 m, and there are people considerably taller than me, on average.
Especially those of younger generation.

Reports from 2007 indicate that it's 1,76 m. Read me (http://www.efdeportes.com/efd126/avaliacao-antropometrica-das-tunas-academicas-da-universidade.htm)
There is no recent data, but by calculations it's probably 1,78 m or something.

Cleitus
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Dardanian Albanians are the Tallest Balkanians thats sure.

Kalimtari
02-26-2014, 06:27 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/02/article-2441250-1875A46000000578-2_634x607.jpg

Kalimtari
02-26-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.google.si/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CF0QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwserver.crc.losrios.edu%2F~larsen l%2FExtraCredit%2FWikepedia_Human_height.pdf&ei=oEAOU8LwDejJygPB_oCYBg&usg=AFQjCNHzwoOVH873ju4VPWvtoacU_IsGHg&bvm=bv.61965928,d.bGE&cad=rja

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 06:35 PM
People height does not vary as much as some delusional people on here would have you believe, but I would say that Southern Italy, Spain, or Portugal are on the shorter end and Dutch are probably the tallest but really it's not that big a deal, there is no country in Europe where I'd be considered tall and I think I a barely shorter or maybe even the same as the average Dutch woman. People on this site are really ridiculous.

Cristiano viejo
02-26-2014, 06:40 PM
lol at fatty American on above :lol:
+1

Cristiano viejo
02-26-2014, 06:41 PM
People height does not vary as much as some delusional people on here would have you believe, but I would say that Southern Italy, Spain, or Portugal are on the shorter end and Dutch are probably the tallest but really it's not that big a deal, there is no country in Europe where I'd be considered tall and I think I a barely shorter or maybe even the same as the average Dutch woman. People on this site are really ridiculous.
Sorry for you but Spanish are above of the European average.

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry for you but Spanish are above of the European average.
Umm why would it matter to me? I don't really care but the only data on wikipedia for Spain is self-reported so if you want to substantiate that claim, go for it. You seem really concerned about this for some reason that I don't really get. :rolleyes:

Cristiano viejo
02-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Umm why would it matter to me? I don't really care but the only data on wikipedia for Spain is self-reported so if you want to substantiate that claim, go for it. You seem really concerned about this for some reason that I don't really get. :rolleyes:

Ohhh yes, of course you care. In this forum everything care.
Forget Wiki, check any study about this and you will see that Spaniards are above of the European average. Take, for example, the same studies where appear your Chetnick Serbs and you will see it.

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Ohhh yes, of course you care. In this forum everything care.
No, I really don't care about the height of Spanish people...also your second sentence makes absolutely no sense in any capacity.

Forget Wiki, check any study about this and you will see that Spaniards are above of the European average. Take, for example, the same studies where appear your Chetnick Serbs and you will see it.
If you're going to make a claim you should probably back it up with sources and facts like a normal person, instead of making ridiculous ad hominem attacks that are neither here nor there.

alb0zfinest
02-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Indeed, fuck a nation of 15 million, cause OUR BALKAN VILLAGE of 500 is 2.5 m on average... :laugh:

Wasn't it obvious he was a troll, not just because it was obvious he was trying to ridicule Albanians by acting stupid himself, but also you had i think pecheng admit to being the troll behind gheg highlander and that other "gay Albanian".
Anyways its about how tall the average European is, no matter howmuch they number.

justme
02-26-2014, 08:00 PM

Young Gheg Highlanders they arenot fully grown yet but they are still tall for their age.

http://s10.postimg.org/tkhh43tyh/00_AA.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
Albanians from Kosovo are taller then Albanians from Albania, even taller then those from North Albania.

http://www.google.si/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CF0QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwserver.crc.losrios.edu%2F~larsen l%2FExtraCredit%2FWikepedia_Human_height.pdf&ei=oEAOU8LwDejJygPB_oCYBg&usg=AFQjCNHzwoOVH873ju4VPWvtoacU_IsGHg&bvm=bv.61965928,d.bGE&cad=rja
This looks sooooooooo wrong in every way, I've been to Bosnia Serbia and Croatia I didn't notice them to be taller then Albanians from Kosovo... But then again Kosovo is a Dinaric country or at least somewhat in the Dinarics.
I has never meet a short Lithuanian in my life... No why that they are shorter then people from the Dinaric Alps.

KrashNick
02-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Wasn't it obvious he was a troll, not just because it was obvious he was trying to ridicule Albanians by acting stupid himself, but also you had i think pecheng admit to being the troll behind gheg highlander and that other "gay Albanian".
Anyways its about how tall the average European is, no matter howmuch they number.

Actually it was Guapo

The Illyrian Warrior
02-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Albanians from Kosovo are taller then Albanians from Albania, even taller then those from North Albania.

This looks sooooooooo wrong in every way, I've been to Bosnia Serbia and Croatia I didn't notice them to be taller then Albanians from Kosovo... But then again Kosovo is a Dinaric country or at least somewhat in the Dinarics.
I has never meet a short Lithuanian in my life... No why that they are shorter then people from the Dinaric Alps.

Again with Lithuanians, what's all this thing behind Lithuanians you like to bring always in every damn thread which hasn't nothing to do with 'em in first place?! :rolleyes:

justme
02-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Again with Lithuanians, what's all this thing behind Lithuanians you like to bring always in every damn thread which hasn't nothing to do with 'em in first place?! :rolleyes:
Whatever... They certainly aren't shorter then people from the Dinaric Alps... Like it or not.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Whatever... They certainly aren't shorter then people from the Dinaric Alps... Like it or not.

Whatever??? I made a question about Lithuanian personal obsession you have rather for height....Any reason behind it?!

Hadouken
02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
shortest europeans i have seen on average are italians ....i have known quite a few of them who came up to my nose at most and claimed 1.75 .....(i am 1.76 ) also :lol:

tallest : germans and balkanites especially serbs ....i havent met many dutch but they are even taller it seems

bimo
02-26-2014, 08:36 PM
shortest europeans i have seen on average are italians ....i have known quite a few of them who came up to my nose at most and claimed 1.75 .....(i am 1.76 ) also :lol:

i think you know italians only in your dreams according to how you always describe then

justme
02-26-2014, 08:46 PM

tallest : germans and balkanites especially serbs ....i havent met many dutch but they are even taller it seems

Most Italians that I've seen are tall...

Hadouken
02-26-2014, 08:51 PM
i think you know italians only in your dreams according to how you always describe then

i can only speak of the ones i know in germany of course but no you think wrong i just tell my observations

Hadouken
02-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Probably Kurds/Pakis pretending to be Italians xD

yes with italian names and who i know from school ;)

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 08:57 PM

I know two Lithuanian girls, one is around my height one about an inch shorter, then again, those are only two people.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Lombardista is Italian and looks tall judging from his long face.

Is that Snoop Dogg looking white guy?! :D

Hadouken
02-26-2014, 09:02 PM

you know what on average means right ? and also what compared to means

of course there are tall italians but everybody writes their observations and my observations are that italians seem to be (one of) the shortest COMPARED to other europeans

i dont understand what the big deal is right now

d3cimat3d
02-26-2014, 09:11 PM

180cm is average. :coffee:

I'm 180 x 65

Cristiano viejo
02-26-2014, 09:12 PM
No, I really don't care about the height of Spanish people...
Rare way to prove it :rolleyes:

If you're going to make a claim you should probably back it up with sources and facts like a normal person, instead of making ridiculous ad hominem attacks that are neither here nor there.
What?? you are who said that "Spaniards are among the shortest in Europe", so you are who must prove what you claimed.

Smallest: Iberians, Romanians and some Mediterranean islanders

Then cry with your own thread :icon_lol:

Mazik
02-26-2014, 09:12 PM
North Swedes from the coast are among the tallest, I remember in my high school. When I was in the 1st grade (age 16). That everyone did some health check at the school nurse. She f.ex checked the height, weight etc on all of us. The average male height was 184.3 cm and the average female height was 171.7 cm. Many people grew a lot after that, so the average height of full growns are even higher. Just in my old school class, we had 3 guys above 195 cm.

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Rare way to prove it :rolleyes:
Along with other groups. You're the one that quoted me out of the blue and bitched at me, refused to back up your statements and then insisted I was the one that cares when you are the one throwing a little fit about it, crackhead.

What?? you are who said that "Spaniards are among the shortest in Europe", so you are who must prove what you claimed.
I said I that was my impression and you said I was wrong, so prove me wrong, or leave me alone, no one cares about Spain or the height of Spanish people you insecure little boy.

Stop trying to pick fights with people, grow up.

Then cry with your own thread :icon_lol:
Again, this makes no sense, crackhead. :picard2:

armenianbodyhair
02-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Cristiano Viejo the middle-aged man cried again because I nominated Iberians. ;)
He's middle aged? Really? Because I wasn't talking to him or being hostile and he comes at me out of the blue throwing a hissy fit and acting like I'm trying to insult his country. He can't even back up what he says, and them makes ethnic slurs instead of proving his point. I have never heard any middle aged person behave like that unless they have serious mental issues. WTF lol

portusaus
02-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Sicilians to Icelanders

Kataxu
02-26-2014, 10:35 PM
are the ones in Balkan really tall? I knew 3 serbians when I lived in Paraná and all were shorter than me (1.81)

Styrian Mujo
02-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Tall Balkanic people are usually scrony bitches while tall Germanic people are massive Nordic Viking warriors:)

Cristiano viejo
02-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Along with other groups. You're the one that quoted me out of the blue and bitched at me, refused to back up your statements and then insisted I was the one that cares when you are the one throwing a little fit about it, crackhead.

I said I that was my impression and you said I was wrong, so prove me wrong, or leave me alone, no one cares about Spain or the height of Spanish people you insecure little boy.

Stop trying to pick fights with people, grow up.

oh of course, as you dont have proof now they are called impressions :lol:
and of course too, as I have removed your impressiosn then now I am 40 years old and I have mental issues :lol:

CV looks like 40+ probably from all the mental breakdowns in arguing with people twice as young.
I am 28 and more handsome than you, Thirldworldish Woody Woopecker, you just are jealous :coffee:

KrashNick
02-26-2014, 10:45 PM
I heard that Spaniards are the smallest :rolleyes: ?

Cristiano viejo
02-27-2014, 12:02 AM
I heard that Spaniards are the smallest :rolleyes: ?
Where? in the same place where it´s said that Albanians have the more high IQ in Europe?

d3cimat3d
02-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Map is 100 years old but still:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2m2jgo8.jpg

http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country

Cristiano viejo
02-27-2014, 12:36 AM
http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country

According that link the height in Spain is 1,78 cms. Above of a lot of European countries, as I said.

d3cimat3d
02-27-2014, 12:38 AM
According that link the height in Spain is 1,78 cms. Above of a lot of European countries, as I said.

Agreed. Just blame the Portuguese, they are the true midgets of Iberia.

Carlito's Way
02-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Albanians and Dutch are the tallest in Europe, i speak the truth

mikeyup
02-27-2014, 01:05 AM
if that is really the average height in portugal then i blame it on the fact that we have an old population...

Cristiano viejo
02-27-2014, 01:24 AM
if that is really the average height in portugal then i blame it on the fact that we have an old population...
Old population and, at least in Spain, poor diet until the 70s. Since then a better nutrition has made the height of Spaniards to climb considerably. Everything is related.

cally
02-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Idk but my uncles are giants :D

mikeyup
02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Old population and, at least in Spain, poor diet until the 70s. Since then a better nutrition has made the height of Spaniards to climb considerably. Everything is related.

yes the nutrition was pretty poor some decades ago

Beit El
02-27-2014, 01:52 AM

Don't believe the 'DUTCH ARE GIANTS' shit either. When people say 'Dutch people are really tall' they're talking about an average 4cm or so above average others lol. We are tall, but it's all relative; a matter of a few centimeters.

Prince Carlo
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
you know what on average means right ? and also what compared to means

of course there are tall italians but everybody writes their observations and my observations are that italians seem to be (one of) the shortest COMPARED to other europeans

i dont understand what the big deal is right now

I dunno if you are trolling or what, but actual scientific studies have proven that Italians are of slightly above average height in Europe.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?110473-Who-is-taller-Iberians-or-Italians&p=2342529&viewfull=1#post2342529

We get plenty of British tourists here and they are as tall as us.

Hadouken
02-27-2014, 10:23 AM
I dunno if you are trolling or what, but actual scientific studies have proven that Italians are of slightly above average height in Europe.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?110473-Who-is-taller-Iberians-or-Italians&p=2342529&viewfull=1#post2342529

We get plenty of British tourists here and they are as tall as us.

no i am not trolling there is no reason for it

i also didnt mean it as an insult or anything so dont get me wrong

like i said : the italians that I have seen/known were on general really short for the most part but you might be right ....i cant know all italian people you know :)

zhaoyun
02-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Tallest are the Dutch and the Scandinavians.

Shortest probably the Maltese, Southern Italians, Portuguese, Southern Spaniards, etc.

wvwvw
02-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Albanians and Dutch are the tallest in Europe, i speak the truth

All Albanians I've known were of average/short height.

I have never seen a really tall Albanian and I am being awfully honest here.

zhaoyun
02-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Actually heard that Montenegrins are freakishly tall. Not sure if the stats reflect that though, havent met too many to really judge.

wvwvw
02-27-2014, 10:30 AM

It's the same in Greece. There is a huge gap in height between older and younger generations.

Kastrioti1443
02-27-2014, 10:39 AM
It's the same in Greece. There is a huge gap in height between older and younger generations.

Not huge.... the new generation is taller of course, but there is not a big difference in greece between greek males of 40-55 years old and new guys born after 1990.

Kalimtari
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Idk but my uncles are giants :D

sa jan te gjat?