PDA

View Full Version : Child Prostitution in Colombia

Arianiti
05-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Child prostitution

It is estimated that there are 35,000 children working as prostitutes in Colombia with between 5,000 and 10,000 of them on the streets of Bogotá.[2]
A series of factors put children at risk for sexual exploitation in Colombia and leave them unprotected. The war and the drug trade have altered family structures that in ordinary times would have provided safety and nurture. The war has also caused the displacement of countless families, some of whose children have been soldiers in the war. Displaced children are particularly vulnerable to being prostituted, even more so in the declining economy.[3]
A spokesman for the UN's children's fund, UNICEF, Karel de Rooy, said many child prostitutes were as young as nine years old and that clients were often middle-aged foreigners. He also said that the children were often addicted to drugs.[2]
Commercial sexual exploitation of children is found especially in urban centers and in areas where there are large numbers of men who are separated from families due to work. Children are involved in commercial sexual exploitation either on the streets or in private establishments such as bars, brothels, or massage parlors.[4]
The culture of violence in Colombia had created a feeling of fear and resignation among the population; the violence had led to child prostitution and child gangs which added to the worsening situation of violence.
Colombia also is a destination for foreign child sex tourists, particularly coastal cities such as Cartagena and Barranquilla.[5]

Arianiti
05-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Guys I am more worried about Child Prostitution. OMG, are they humans or beasts

Arbërori
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
:(

Arianiti
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
yes, exactly :(

ABest
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/smavid/MeanGirlsLaugh.gif

I'm waiting for a certain reply... ;)

Armand_Duval
05-17-2013, 12:50 AM
This is a topic that I'd rather not to discuss about because I gets me full of anger and sadness at the same time, it fills me with the utmost hate toward child abusers and since I can not do anything to keep this from happening, that emotional waste from me is rather unfruitful.

RussiaPrussia
05-17-2013, 12:53 AM
why you post Columbian news all the time? Do you want to annoy a certain Columbian user?

Armand_Duval
05-19-2013, 12:35 AM
edit.

Lábaru
05-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Yo imagino que esto es un tipo de ataque a Baluarte por ser él un colombiano, pero parece que no atinan con su estrategia por como los ignora.