PDA

View Full Version : What are the most inspirational things you have ever seen?

SuuT
09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I try very hard to be attuned to small and large things that occur around me, as I think that there is no shortage of amazement and wonder in the world to draw inspiration from. Although it obviously didn't happen in front of me, the self-immolation of this Budhist monk has always captivated me, and to this day fills me with awe:

MebT0KbxV3U

What have you seen in your life that has inspired you?

Liffrea
09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Stars, seriously don't just look at them, think what they are.

RoyBatty
09-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Not necessarily the most inspirational but at least confirmation that there are still a few sane countries left in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOV6qvizmA

Psychonaut
09-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Stars, seriously don't just look at them, think what they are.

Same for me. Nothing has ever filled me with the same senses of awe, wonder, joy, tranquility, and holy terror at my own cosmic insignificance as has our Mother Night. Her boundless expanses make me tremble whenever I lay back and truly look at her. The lostness that I find in her embrace inspires me like nothing else and replenishes my spirit whenever I thirst.

Phlegethon
09-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Inspirational? That's hard to answer. As Germans are obsessed with the Faustian spirit they always tr to look beyond, to tread on unfathomed paths. In the days of Google Earth and GPS this pretty much means you have to discover the paths within oneself.

Octothorpe
09-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Witnessing my daughter's birth (my son was a C-section, so I wasn't a spectator), 22 years ago.