PDA

View Full Version : Are Serbs closer to Poles or to Russians?

rashka
05-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Are Serbs closer to Poles or to Russians? What do you think and what comes to mind? Vote!

Methmatician
05-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Russians because: same religion, same language family.
If Serbs where Catholic they would be closer to Poles probably.

Loki
05-17-2013, 03:03 AM
I voted Russians. Poles are a bit different from the other Slavs ... that's my impression at least.

ChocolateFace
05-17-2013, 03:10 AM
I voted Russians. Poles are a bit different from the other Slavs ... that's my impression at least.

true. Poles are tall while other slavs in general seem average height

Sikeliot
05-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Neither one.

rashka
05-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Neither one.
People say usually 70% Russian. I believe that.

Sikeliot
05-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Russian more than Polish though, I will say that.

rashka
05-17-2013, 04:00 AM
Here's a Serb visiting Russia and speaking in Russian. It is called My Vision of Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8OPUr0zp_Q

Scholarios
05-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Ukranians.

Twistedmind
05-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Culturaly and by mentality to Russians. Genneticaly, I dont have heck, but I guess to Poles.
Anyway, Poles are seen positively among Serbs, due common Slavic heritage, and friendly relations for almost entire history, since Poles were coming here to help us in sturggle against Ottoman Empire. :)

Loki, all Slavs are bit different compared with rest. What makes Poles relly unique would be their funny spelling I guess :P

Roy
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Culturaly and by mentality to Russians. Genneticaly, I dont have heck, but I guess to Poles.
Anyway, Poles are seen positively among Serbs, due common Slavic heritage, and friendly relations for almost entire history, since Poles were coming here to help us in sturggle against Ottoman Empire. :)

Loki, all Slavs are bit different compared with rest. What makes Poles relly unique would be their funny spelling I guess :P

What do you mean by ''funny spelling''? Ę, Ą ? :)

Twistedmind
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
What do you mean by ''funny spelling''? Ę, Ą ? :)
Nope, ogonok is quite logical acctually. I had in mind more writting rz when reading r and similar things. :)

Roy
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Nope, ogonok is quite logical acctually. I had in mind more writting rz when reading r and similar things. :)

''rz'' digraph is always spelled in the same way everywhere in Poland (unlike ''ż'' which could be spelled in some regions/dialects as ''z'' - it is called ''mazurzenie'' in Polish). But there are some exceptions for example: zamarzać, odmarznąć (''to froze'', ''to unfreeze'') which are spelled zamar-zać, odmar-zać. Googlebot thinks otherwise though :rolleyes:. Actually Polish ortography is very logical unlike many other aspects of Polish, which can cause headache even in some Polish native speakers.

Twistedmind
05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
''rz'' digraph is always spelled in the same way everywhere in Poland (unlike ''ż'' which could be spelled in some regions as ''z''). But there are some exceptions for example: zamarzać, odmarznąć (''to froze'', ''to unfreeze'') which are spelled zamar-zać, odmar-zać. Googlebot thinks otherwise :rolleyes: Actually Polish ortography is very logical unlike other aspects of Polish.

I know, just other Slavs use either Cyrillic or Czech type of Latin script which both are more phonological. :)

Guapo
05-17-2013, 11:14 AM
ask the Poles

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/AkB2Mov4-Eo/mqdefault.jpg

Roy
05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I know, just other Slavs use either Cyrillic or Czech type of Latin script which both are more phonological. :)

yes, but we do not use ''Husitic'' form of it but I don't have adequate knowledge to tell why. That's it.

singular
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Genetically, a bit closer to south-western Russians, linguistically both, in reality much more distant than to any other South Slavic nation. But, if I had to chose, I would say Russians.

Twistedmind
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
linguistically both, in reality much more distant than to any other South Slavic nation.

Linguisticaly, we are much more closer to Russian. It is not even question, Serbs (other South Slavs) and Russians could understand eachother pretty good without interpretation. Only other non-Southern Slavic language closer to South Slavic group is Slovak.

Diërker
05-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Serbs are just Russian Gypsies.
All and all.

Dombra
05-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Ruskies

singular
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Being fluent in some foreign language also means that you will be more able to notice similarities and differences with your mother tongue. So, somebody who is fluent in Polish would probably say that Polish is a lot more similar to Serbian, than you would. I know many Serbs who just can't understand anything in Russian. Even myself, who had learned Russian for several years, had problems to communicate with some Russians from Belgorod Oblast, and we had to do it in English. I can do basics, but when it comes to something specific, I realize that I can't use words from Serbian, because Serbian and Russian vocabulary are not that similar. Other thing is when you spend a lot of time learning, or hanging around with Russians, then you would start to think differently. Same goes for Polish or any other Slavic language.

Guapo
05-17-2013, 03:16 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5d_waaZ69BE/T25UYles23I/AAAAAAAAKEE/__YyWLmgHAQ/s400/0+bouncing_tits_02.gif

Guapo
05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Russians think of Serbs as brother but Croats and bosniaks who speak teh same language dont :rolleyes:

Diërker
05-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Russians think of Serbs as brother but Croats and bosniaks who speak teh same language dont :rolleyes:

Why the uncapitalized b in "Bosniaks"?

singular
05-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Why the uncapitalized b in "our make-believe nation"?

Fixed.

Windischer
05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
of course serbs are culturally (and linguistically, too) closer to russians than to poles. much, much closer.

well this is how i see it:
http://i43.tinypic.com/24llcig.jpg

Diërker
05-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Fixed.

You didn't fix anything. + The " is after "Our" not before it. Learn proper punctuation.

Visitor_22
12-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Modern russians are closer to tatars I think rather than to serbian or poles.

No trolling here :rolleyes:

Twistedmind
12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Modern russians are closer to tatars I think rather than to serbian or poles.

Hm, depends what you think under close? Modern Tatars live in Russia so their mentlaity resemble Russians. Also they msotly speak Russian, but other than that, lol. Russians are culturaly closer to Serbs, and even to Poles than Tatars.

Liac
12-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Serbs are just Russian Gypsies.
All and all.

What you actually said is like if you said Bosniaks are Arabs. You never saw Serb at person. They're genetically much closer to Bosniaks and Croats than Russians. Religious differences in history are responsible for antagonism between Yugoslavs that's still very much alive today, although nobody cares about church and religion anymore.

Vukodav
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
culturally and linguistically probably closer to Russians. in terms of phenotypes a bit closer to Poles IMO

Chichic
04-27-2014, 06:27 PM
true. Poles are tall while other slavs in general seem average height

Russians are taller than Poles.

ChocolateFace
04-27-2014, 06:54 PM

On average Russians are average height while Poles are tall.

Stefan_Dusan
04-27-2014, 06:56 PM
In terms of culture, it's by far and away Russians (Croats would be most culturally to Poles). Genetically I guess we are more similar to Poles. We are both slavs in the end, and Poles are treated like brothers in Serbia.

Chichic
04-27-2014, 07:06 PM
On average Russians are average height while Poles are tall.

Nonsense.

SobieskisavedEurope
04-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Serbs are quite a bit closer to Poles by phenotype & genotype.

While Serbs are significantly closer to Russians by culture.

dralos
04-27-2014, 11:29 PM
neither lol these muthafuckers are closer to bruce lee(the member)than any of pole or russian lol

SobieskisavedEurope
04-27-2014, 11:37 PM

Poles are 1 inch taller than Russians.

http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country