PDA

View Full Version : Should Hungary block serbian aspirations for membership in EU?

Don Arb
05-19-2013, 03:26 PM
I think they have many reasons to do that!

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:30 PM
The current goverment supports Serbias accesion into the EU. Which in some ways is retarded, in other ways it isnt.

Mortimer
05-19-2013, 03:37 PM
hungary couldnt do that, hypothetically they could but in reality they couldnt. not even Austria could because Austria wanted to block Turkey as having eu Membership canditate Status but they failed. if great powers like Germany, uk, and even USA (as dumb as it sounds but USA has a say too) say yes, hungary cant do anything.

Baluarte
05-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Note from may 13,2013 (last monday):

“Serbia Has Hungary’s Support For Date” – Grubjesic

BUDAPEST – Suzana Grubjesic, Serbia’s deputy prime minister in charge of EU integration, and Hungary’s Foreign Minister János Martonyi agreed in Budapest on Monday that Serbia deserves to get a date for starting accession talks with the EU in June, with the message that Serbia can count on Hungary’s support.

http://inserbia.info/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Grubjesic-Suzana.jpg

“Hungary offers its full support to Serbia on its European path and in the effort to get a date for starting accession talks in June, at the meeting of EU heads of state and government,” Grubjesic said after a meeting with Martonyi.

“I got these assurances from Minister Martonyi and the whole atmosphere here in Budapest says Serbia should get the date,” she said.

Grubjesic noted support from its neighbors, especially those already in the EU, is very important for Serbia, which is why she is very grateful for the support from Minister Martonyi.

Hungary hopes all EU member countries will recognize the Serbian government’s efforts and we are strongly in favor of granting Serbia a date for accession talks in June, because from the aspect of stability, political development and economic cooperation, they are very important for the whole region, said Martonyi.

He said he is satisfied with the Serbian government’s treatment of the Hungarian minority in Serbia, whose position is improving.

While in Budapest, Grubjesic also met with Tibor Navracsics, Hungary’s deputy prime minister and minister of public administration and justice, and gave a speech at a Ukraine-Hungary economic forum, on the topic ‘New approaches to old challenges,’ her office said in a release.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hungary didn't block the accesion of Romania, a country that has a Hungarian population 3 times bigger to the one in Vojvodina and where the language and civil rights given to their minority are far less enforced than in Serbia. Not to mention that rivalry with them is worse.

The only reason for which they would treat Serbia worse is, in my opinion, to side with the Atlantic anti-Serbian bloc. But given Hungary's insubmission there is no reason to do that.

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Balurate, it is just idiot politicians, who betray the country time after time.

Funny how Orbán sings with his "anti-EU rhetoric", but at the same time he fully supports Croatia, Serbia, even Ukraine to join the EU...

Mortimer
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
But, lets say we block them,they will then ban our language in Vojvodina, or shut down our schools and so on...

serbia wouldnt do that since it is a Democracy and guarantees rights for all minorities. but hungary is on the wrong path anyways, rarely someone in europe supports their ideas only azerbaijanis and turks

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:45 PM
serbia wouldnt do that since it is a Democracy and guarantees rights for all minorities.
Yeah ok..... :whistle:

Baluarte
05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Balurate, it is just idiot politicians, who betray the country time after time.

Funny how Orbán sings with his "anti-EU rhetoric", but at the same time he fully supports Croatia, Serbia, even Ukraine to join the EU...

Judging from his foreign policy with the Eastern neighbours, he's seemingly betting on the possibility of Hungary becoming the privileged intermediary in Central Europe between the Western and Eastern sides of the continent.

Remember all the info I provided regarding economic investment in Ukraine, Serbia and even Romania?

Mortimer
05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah ok..... :whistle:

the hungarian minority is not mistreated in serbia. and there is no hate, but some Groups try to create hate, like those Groups who are Close to fascists and protest with austro-hungarian flags and Fascist enisgnia etc. but there is no hate and many are mixed. i know so many mixed hungarian/serbs who celebrate both christmases and speak both languages etc.

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
There would be some advantages to Serbia joining the EU

1) It would be easier for us to strengthen the Hungarian population in Vojvodina. If our population starts to increase we could supplement our population there.

2) It would be easier to go there due to no borders, making it easier to hold rallies and so on..
3) Serbs would begin to move to Western Europe in even greater numbers causing greater weakening of Serbia
4) Serbia will have less freedom to antagonize its neigbours

But there are many disadvantages too

Baluarte
05-19-2013, 03:50 PM
At the same time betting on the agonizing supranational body of the European Union is not precisely that important either. Sooner than later, economic reality will defeated sophist lies and completely shatter this sad copy of the Soviet Union.

So.....giving EU accession promises = Almost free diplomatic gifts.

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:53 PM
We should have blocked Romania, and we should block Serbia, but it is not going to happen, at least not with the current politicians....

Szegedist
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
the serbian minority is not mistreated in Kosova. and there is no hate, but some Groups try to create hate, like those Groups who are Close to fascists and protest with Yugoslav flags and Fascist enisgnia etc. but there is no hate and many are mixed. i know so many mixed Albanians/serbs who celebrate both christmases and speak both languages etc.

But yet you still make silly videos about it

Sikeliot
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Be respectful, guys. No insults. I just removed two posts, don't make me remove any more :lol:

Cristiano viejo
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
If Hungary block the entry of Serbia to EU, would be doing a favor.

Mortimer
05-19-2013, 04:11 PM
But yet you still make silly videos about it

i never made a Video about hungarians or voivodina. my aunt is hungarian, she is the mother of my Cousin and she is fully hungarian. in my Family many know to speak hungarian and practice catholicism. there are thousands of People (neighbours etc.) who are part hungarian, Lena the serbian Girl who Posts here is part hungarian too.