PDA

View Full Version : Do you also hope xbox one is gonna fail?

RussiaPrussia
05-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Xbox One sucks so bad, i am not into video games anymore but after what i have read and what my brother told me i was just opposed

-the thing is completely made for american market firstly with this tv recording and other services which wont work for europe because we have different standards or its not out there. Like always they only focus on america.
(http://xboxone.gaming-universe.de/news/36_xbox-one-tv-nicht-in-europa-und-nur-mit-zusatzgeraet.html)
-you need to be online 24 hours once to play your games offline or they wont work

-used games you need to repay them to work

-it has 3 operating systems, it already sounds like huzzle to program, this will take a lot of performance.

-it has no exclusive games

-the goofy kinect camera is watching you all the time even if its shut down, this is just creepy.

-they want to focus not on gaming but on apple and google tv. Which is useless. If i would buy a tv with internet i wouldnt buy a dumb box which takes extra power but a tv which already has internet. I dont get this whole internet tv thing that people release receiver and all kind of extra devices to watch it. There are televisions out there who have internet access, my television can even do it. I can watch youtube videos on my tv and so on and it costed me as much as an xbox 360.

I hope microsoft is gonna fail, but i doubt it every american is gonna get one because of call of duty and online tv and american mainstream propaganda. But i hope everywhere else they gonna fail, they gonna fail in japan for sure so i hope europeans wont buy this junk too.

their way they going into is just disgusting corporatism and bad for the consumer

alfieb
05-24-2013, 01:28 PM
No. I'm going to buy it. I have no interest in sony anymore.

RussiaPrussia
05-24-2013, 01:31 PM
No. I'm going to buy it. I have no interest in sony anymore.

then enjoy this goofy camera watching and listenting you all the time,

xbox i want to jerk off a bit so plz dont watch

alfieb
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
As opposed to your webcam?

RussiaPrussia
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnB06um5r4

same for google glasses

disgusting coperatism against freedom of humanity

alfieb
05-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes, a Russian is the right person to say that. :rolleyes:

RussiaPrussia
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes, a Russian is the right person to say that. :rolleyes:

50% of the economy belongs to the state not 95% some oligarchs like in america. So does gazprom has an affect where your internet life is going?

Diërker
05-24-2013, 01:41 PM
What the fuck happened to the 720! Is this it?

RussiaPrussia
06-12-2013, 07:39 AM
seriously how can people still consider buying an Xbox one

- horrible confusing name

- 100€ more than the PS4

- does have all this shit with restriction for used games, games sharing with friends, 24/h online etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Graham
06-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I hear Playstation are going to thrash Xbox.. Microsoft are trying to create a PC. They'd lose that battle with PC gaming also. Actually Sony also.

alfieb
06-12-2013, 08:01 AM
lol.

The PS3 was more expensive than the 360 at launch. It had better technology and cost Sony more to make, so people dealt with it.

It came with a Blu Ray player, but none of the games that came with the system at launch were any good.

PS3 became a better console years later.

Xbox One has better technology than the PS4 and will transform your living room, by integrating itself with your TV and internet. You can give voice commands to your Xbox to change the channel on your TV, splitscreen, and have the right half play a game, or watch a movie, or go on Skype, or check your Twitter, or whatever you want to do with it.

Everyone who loves technology, even if they don't like video games that much, will have an Xbox One in their living room.

I don't feel bad for the cheap fucks who sell games and buy used games. This is a logical step and one they should've taken a decade ago. Back in the late 1990s, I remember PC games requiring registration and a cd key to play online, to make sure you purchased the game. With many games, the cdkeys wound up being linked to your account... so if you sold the game or gave it to a friend, they couldn't play it online. And that was 15 years ago.

Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have been losing millions or even billions over the years to cheap fucks who buy/sell/rent used games. This is Microsoft's logical way of recuperating some of that money, and I support them for it. In the meantime, they've made it so that your roommate, brother or whoever can play with you without having to pay for it, and eliminated Microsoft Points, streamlining it with your local currency. They've taken numerous steps to make it easier for the consumer, with the notable exception being the one people are whining about.

Demhat
06-12-2013, 08:16 AM
After the press conferences of Sony and Microsoft, I declare anyone who still wants to buy an Xbox, insane.

The large majority of people are disappointed with that and I doubt that Xbox is even going to sell in the US any good.

alfieb
06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
The top-selling games in the United States are Madden and Call of Duty, and they're games that most people play online.

Call of Duty downloadable content is always, by contract, going to be available on Xbox before PlayStation.

And Madden has always been more popular on Xbox Live than on PlayStation Network.

So if I'm Microsoft, I'm not worried. More people will buy Call of Duty: Ghost and Madden NFL 14 on Xbox One than PlayStation 4.

Demhat
06-12-2013, 08:43 AM
lol.

The PS3 was more expensive than the 360 at launch. It had better technology and cost Sony more to make, so people dealt with it.

ANd this has absolutely nothing to do with the PS4 and Xbox one because its now the extreme opposite.

It came with a Blu Ray player, but none of the games that came with the system at launch were any good.

Even though this has still nothing to do with the new consoles, are you sure? The Playstatione exclusive titles rape the Xbox all day.

The important part is that it became the better console. I am not going to buy a consoles just because it is a good for the first year.

Xbox One has better technology than the PS4

Really? cause as far as I know the hardware in the PS4 is much superior to that in the XBOX.

and will transform your living room, by integrating itself with your TV and internet.

So basically its a PS4 with less power but integrated TV Reiciver, who in the world does still need a Receiver.

You can give voice commands to your Xbox to change the channel on your TV,

ok point here

splitscreen, and have the right half play a game, or watch a movie,

Nice extras but again there are many TVs out there which can do that without a XBox,

or go on Skype, or check your Twitter, or whatever you want to do with it.

There is also a voice and video chat function on the PS4

Everyone who loves technology, even if they don't like video games that much, will have an Xbox One in their living room.

And you are wrong here, Everyone who does like video games, will buy a PS4 simply cause the Gaming hardware is much superior to that of the Xbox. And anyone who doesn't give much about Games and wants to watch TV with his XBOX might buy it.

I don't feel bad for the cheap fucks who sell games and buy used games.

If I legally purchase a fucking game for around 100 Dollars (70 Euros in Europe) than I own the game and should be fucking free to sell it since it is mine. And its not about just selling or buying used games. Imagine you want on holiday or somewhere else with your friends and there is no Internet, you want to take your console with you to play some time, this will not work. you might even have troubles to take your game and play it on your friends console.

This is a logical step and one they should've taken a decade ago.

This is not a fucking logical step, only a fanboy would say that sorry mate Its even against the German ( and I think European as a whole) law which says the consumer should be allowed to share his medial with at least his friends.

Back in the late 1990s, I remember PC games requiring registration and a cd key to play online, to make sure you purchased the game. With many games, the cdkeys wound up being linked to your account... so if you sold the game or gave it to a friend, they couldn't play it online. And that was 15 years ago.

Back in the 90s I have never come across a game with cd Key or requiring registration but there might have been a few.

Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have been losing millions or even billions over the years to cheap fucks who buy/sell/rent used games. This is Microsoft's logical way of recuperating some of that money, and I support them for it. In the meantime, they've made it so that your roommate, brother or whoever can play with you without having to pay for it, and eliminated Microsoft Points, streamlining it with your local currency. They've taken numerous steps to make it easier for the consumer, with the notable exception being the one people are whining about.

Oddly Sony and Nintendo do not complain about it and I repeat because you seem to have disorted view of consumer rights. If I buy a fucking game, Microsoft is not allowed to dictate me who is going to play MY GAME and who I am allowed to sell it, since I did legally purchase that copy.

I mean come on this is like I am buying myself a Mercedes car and Mercedes wants to forbid me the sell of my Car. I mean what kind of argument is this?

Fact is, Microsoft fucked up big time with their new Console, and it is obvious which Console the majority will buy if you look at online comments and articles.

asingh
06-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I am going to get the PS4 -even- if it is just for KZ-IV.

Artek
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Xbox One is not gonna fail, because Microsoft will pay good money for exclusive titles.

But I don't exclude an option that this time PS4 will got the lead anyway :)

Demhat
06-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Xbox One is not gonna fail, because Microsoft will pay good money for exclusive titles.

But I don't exclude an option that this time PS4 will got the lead anyway :)

Microsoft is believed to have around 20 exclusives while the PS4 in the beginning year around 40. I still can't understand how people see the Xbox in front of the PS4. Analysts and everyone else are sure. PS4 is going to dominate Xbox.

alfieb
06-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Nothing is going to change in the next generation. Nintendo will make their money off of kids and very strong sales in Japan. Microsoft will dominate the USA, and Sony will be strong in those two countries but dominate the rest of the world.

Everything a tech company does winds up being illegal in some country or another. They'll pay a fine, and go about doing their business as they planned. It's Microsoft. They're used to paying fines in Europe. Europe hates Microsoft. It's nothing new.

ABest
06-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Yes, I hope it doesn't do well too. The privacy issues, the 24/7 online requirements and the restrictions on used games are infuriating.

Even the Wii U is less annoying. I guess the PS4 will win this generation. But then again, all consoles (handheld and home consoles) are declining in favor of iPad and iPhone games. I think that smart TVs will soon replace home consoles in general.

CrystalMaiden
06-12-2013, 09:05 AM
You people would seriously dish out 499 Euros for this :eek:

No wonder Western males are dead :puke:

Artek
06-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Microsoft is believed to have around 20 exclusives while the PS4 in the beginning year around 40. I still can't understand how people see the Xbox in front of the PS4. Analysts and everyone else are sure. PS4 is going to dominate Xbox.
You've misunderstood me, because I used wrong words. PS4 is most likely going to take the lead, if not bad quality or too expensive IMHO. But I think it will be far from a dominance. PS 4 has a higher number of exclusive titles at this time indeed but the Microsoft will not surrender so easily and can make more than he has now . We also don't know how certain exclusive titles will influence the sale. Everything is in the future. With rather a slight advantage of PS4, at least this time.

Demhat
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
I for myself am sure Playstation 4 and Wii U are going to share the market. Nintendo with casual and Playstation with the hardcore gamers. I wouldn't underestimate Nintendo when it comes to Exclusives they are obviously the strongest platform. yet this years it also have a good chunk of third party titles like Watch Dogs, Assasins Creed 4, Batman and CoD.

Graham
06-12-2013, 10:10 AM

Nothing more manly, than shooting a bunch of bad guys, through a 40 Inch widescreen tele. ;) :rolleyes:

alfieb
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
More and more girls are becoming gamers nowadays. I have female friends who play video games with their boyfriends/husbands. And they're not bad looking, either.

Hevo
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
You need to log in XBOX one every 24 hours while you can log in whenever you want on the PS4.

CrystalMaiden
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Nothing more manly, than shooting a bunch of bad guys, through a 40 Inch widescreen tele. ;) :rolleyes:

Oh shit

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dm8IdGpwEAI/T6Zyj59pysI/AAAAAAAAAVc/DWVsy5iYzS0/s1600/fat-video-gamer1.jpg

It seems I have to change my undergarments...

Graham
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh shit

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dm8IdGpwEAI/T6Zyj59pysI/AAAAAAAAAVc/DWVsy5iYzS0/s1600/fat-video-gamer1.jpg

It seems I have to change my undergarments...
Where did you find my photo?

alfieb
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
You need to log in XBOX one every 24 hours while you can log in whenever you want on the PS4.
Most people in first world countries have persistent internet connections nowadays. Whenever I turn my Xbox on, I'm online. :shrug:

Hevo
06-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Most people in first world countries have persistent internet connections nowadays. Whenever I turn my Xbox on, I'm online. :shrug:

Some people are offline gamers and can't/don't want to play online.

alfieb
06-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Then don't buy an Xbox. Microsoft has already written those people out of their target demographic.

There have been PC games that require you to be online to play singleplayer for years. And it's not even the big MMORPG types. Sim City requires an active internet connection.

Hevo
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Then don't buy an Xbox. Microsoft has already written those people out of their target demographic.

It's still ridiculous that you need to log in every 24 hours imo. PS4 all the way.:cool:

Dombra
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I will laugh when xbox one fails :cool:

Nintendo über alles

Demhat
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM

In most places of this world it happens quite ofte that the Internet connection cuts because of some problems for several hours or often for days. Yet imagine you have no Internet and think about to play some game for pastime. No it will not happen because you can't.

And also its unfair towards non first world countries. Don't you think?

alfieb
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Teenagers are spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on shoes that they'll only wear for a few months. Both girls and boys. $500 on a console that they'll have for a half a decade is nothing today.

safinator
06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
The internet thing must have something to do with piracy.

Screw them!

Demhat
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
The internet thing must have something to do with piracy.

Screw them!

piracy on consoles is very low because they have copyright systems in the hardware, you would need to upgrade your system by installing some kind of chip and this is very risky because your Console might break and you would lose your guarantee, it has more to do with getting more money out of the consumers. And I know that big publishers are behind this, especially EA which made the same pressure on Nintendo but failed.

safinator
06-12-2013, 10:54 AM
piracy on consoles is very low, it has more to do with getting more money out of the consumers. And I know that big publishers are behind this, especially EA which made the same pressure on Nintendo.

Very low?

All the consoles i've had were hacked, i'd never pay so much for an original game.

Demhat
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Very low?

All the consoles i've had were hacked, i'd never pay so much for an original game.

Than you are an exception I know so many people with consoles and none of them are hacked because its very risky thing. If your console breaks you can forget your Guarantee too.

RussiaPrussia
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
lol.

Xbox One has better technology than the PS4 and will transform your living room, by integrating itself with your TV and internet. You can give voice commands to your Xbox to change the channel on your TV, splitscreen, and have the right half play a game, or watch a movie, or go on Skype, or check your Twitter, or whatever you want to do with it.

I don't feel bad for the cheap fucks who sell games and buy used games. This is a logical step and one they should've taken a decade ago. Back in the late 1990s, I remember PC games requiring registration and a cd key to play online, to make sure you purchased the game. With many games, the cdkeys wound up being linked to your account... so if you sold the game or gave it to a friend, they couldn't play it online. And that was 15 years ago.

you sound much more like a fanboy again and i was exactly thinking about you when i revisited this thread, how can you find it good that MS wants to limit all kind of rights of consumers? Youre also not right that Xbox one is stronger it isnt, it has GDDR 3 ram while PS3 has GDDR 5. I i have heard the Videocard is maybe also stronger of the PS4. Xbox wont play Blue Ray Films as they dont have a license and they dont want to buy one from Sony, so much to your more advanced technologies if MS refuses to make their own hardware work 100% for being just too greedy.

That what you mention about PC games that was in order to combat pirating, smart PC Gamers could still buy used games and just look in the internet for keys, the least what they may be denied is Multiplayer but thats it. It was valve who started this garbage with DRM and Steam and this exactly how MS wants it to be. That change with the MS points to local currencies is how it always was in PSN.

Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have been losing millions or even billions over the years to cheap fucks who buy/sell/rent used games. This is Microsoft's logical way of recuperating some of that money, and I support them for it.

Dude you dont get it if you cant resell your games its no games for me, its just a license to play the game but not owning it. Its basic gaming right, to give and borrow your games to friends and relatives or strangers. If MS really goes for it then buying any Real Games is completely pointless because it doesnt give you any benefit to a downloadable Version. Or better yet if its all online they could just stream the game from a server to me as i am always supposed to be online as well according to Microsofts concept for their new console.

Sony and MS are both multi Billion Dollar cooperation they care only about Money and controlling their consumers, both would like to kill the packeged Game but unlike MS, sony goes for a smoother way to make it more reasonable for gamers to stop buying packed games, as they are releasing genkei streaming service for PS2 and PS3 games at the begging and probably later for PS4 games as well. MS just wants straight up limiting the rights of consumers by abusing their market position like they always do.

alfieb
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
So let's say you bought Portal on Steam for the PC.

You don't have a physical copy, but you bought it and own the right to play it.

But you can't sell it, now can you?

It's nothing new. You could never sell Xbox Live Arcade games or WiiWare/Virtual Console, etc. People still bought them.

Demhat
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
This is why people buy consoles, exactly because of this advantage. But if you restrict this than there is no point in buying a console since there is no advantage anymore. However even on PC you still don't need to be online once all 24 hours and the games are cheaper as well.

I as a consumer will not going to pay a 100 dollar for just a license to play the game and not even owning it.

tEhSaint
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
So let's say you bought Portal on Steam for the PC.

You don't have a physical copy, but you bought it and own the right to play it.

But you can't sell it, now can you?

It's nothing new. You could never sell Xbox Live Arcade games or WiiWare/Virtual Console, etc. People still bought them.

So, basically the concept is that you just sell your game's serial key ?

iNird
06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes. The big brother methods they are trying to implement should not be tolerated.

iNird
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM

Videgames is just a form of entertainment not really different than watching movies or sports.

Besides the Bosnia males will end up at arcades smoking and paying a few euros an hour to play these games. ;l

CrystalMaiden
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Videgames is just a form of entertainment not really different than watching movies or sports.

They are a time sink, a dengerous time sink which is a part of the reason why the Euro males are pussified.

Besides the Bosnia males will end up at arcades smoking and paying a few euros an hour to play these games. ;l

"Arcades"? :lol:

Insuperable
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
...it has GDDR 3 ram while PS3 has GDDR 5...

It does not matter. It is not even GDDR3, but DDR3. Xbox One uses a more complicated memory setup so Xbox memory system should be at least effective as that of PS4. People in Microsoft are not idiots.

Artek
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
It does not matter. It is not even GDDR3, but DDR3. Xbox One uses a more complicated memory setup so Xbox memory system should be at least effective as that of PS4. People in Microsoft are not idiots.
Aren't GDDR's used for a strictly graphics puropose?

Insuperable
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Aren't GDDR's used for a strictly graphics puropose?

Not strictly. It has G there because it is more suitable for graphic purpose, has higher performance that is, but it is almost the same thing. (but it has its downs too). DDr3 is a more widespread memory so Microsoft decided to go with it, but they decided to use more complicated memory setup and its memory bandwith (GB/s) should be higher than that of PS4 memory system.

Szegedist
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't really care, although the whole console business is so typical of the western capitalist-materialist world we live in.

Gauthier
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Playing off-line is so 90's bro. I prefer to play against real thinking people. ;)

alfieb
06-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Playing off-line is so 90's bro. I prefer to play against real thinking people. ;)

And teenagers.

Hevo
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM

That's your opinion, but other people don't want to play online for several reasons.

Incal
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
In South America there's always been just one console: The PlayStation.

Annihilus
06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
I have ps3 and only use it as a bluray player, consoles are always going to be inferior to pc when it comes to gaming.

Incal
06-13-2013, 04:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3A7Hb4H.jpg

Artek
06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I have ps3 and only use it as a bluray player, consoles are always going to be inferior to pc when it comes to gaming.
Not really, I will cautiously say - it depends. If better graphics implies better gaming, it can be true. But some people just want to seat comfortably on the sofa, turn on a console and enjoy the game. Simply. Without all this operating system issues, configurations and various other problems that are awaiting on a PC player :)

alfieb
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't like DVDs. I think I own less than 10, and haven't watched one in years. Blu Ray doesn't mean anything to me. :shrug:

And, all things being equal, the Xbox controller is a lot better than the Sony controller.

Artek
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
And, all things being equal, the Xbox controller is a lot better than the Sony controller.
Definitely, Xbox's pad is better balanced and one analogue is placed higher. That helps a lot.

RussiaPrussia
06-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Definitely, Xbox's pad is better balanced and one analogue is placed higher. That helps a lot.

how is it better balanced if the analog sticks are put in on completely different sides, digi pad was also always junk on xbox.

alfieb
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
The original Xbox controller was the worst thing I'd ever seen, and playing anything on it was difficult, but Microsoft really fixed it for the 360.

The PlayStation controllers are more or less the same as they were in 1996, and they feel obsolete.

Gauthier
12-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Anyone playing Call of Duty: Ghosts(on Xbox One)? Add me mothafuckas. Gun5linger1985

If we get enough people we can form an Apricity team. :cool:

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-gif.gif

Balmung
12-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Too bad PS4 at the moment just like the PS3 in the beginning has no games.

Xbox has the superior launch lineup. Most of the PS4 launch titles like Knack got dreadful reviews. The Order looks decent, but overall i'm not impressed by most of the games they showed off. Infamous looks pretty boring to be honest all they've shown is the dude going around whipping people with a chain looks far too easy as well honestly TitanFall looks better than most of the PS4 games shown.

Furnace
12-27-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm thinking about getting a nextgen console, but their hardware is really bland (not a huge leap from PS3/Xbox 360), like a low-budget PC that you can't even install decent multimedia apps on.