PDA

View Full Version : Warm greetings from cold Norway

HawkR
12-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Hello folks!

I'm a 19 year old man with a lot of interest in nationalism, religions, human races and nature. Oh, and magic. I was recommended this forum by Thorum after being in another one where the mods are totaly insane. I love discussions and such, and I'm eager to show my opinions. Sadly I'm mostly working these days, so I might be a little slow at the start.

Regards, Maidz.

Vulpix
12-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Hej og välkommen :wave:!

We're not insane here :tongue, no worries :). Just friendly ;).

HawkR
12-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Good:) I just made the most controversial post at the other forum, and dang!, it's gonna get me banned, It's about the moderators... Scary shit though, it could take hours before anything happens.

Vulpix
12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
What was it about, if you don't mind telling? :tongue

Good:) I just made the most controversial post at the other forum, and dang!, it's gonna get me banned, It's about the moderators... Scary shit though, it could take hours before anything happens.

HawkR
12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Even though they got the right to ban people without warning and reason, it's doesn't give any sence to ban people randomly. I got banned once because of a mod didn't agree with my opinons (Christianity being a branch of the jewish tree) or something. You might wanna ask a member of yours here about being banned from that phorum.

They call it whining now, most likely because no one like to get the thruth smashed in their face by a 19 year old:P

HawkR
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
And there I was banned for following reason:
You have been banned for the following reason:
Bashing **** on other boards is cowardly and dishonorable.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

But I'll get back in there:)

Sigurd
12-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Maidz, you were banned because going elsewhere and slandering a forum and its moderation off isn't necessary the best way to get into people's good books. Go figure... :rolleyes:

And before you play the "age game", bear in mind that my answer by pointing to NoFo Rule #18 was made by a 20-year old guy, and that your initial ban, if I remember correctly was handed out by a 21-year old guy. Your point being? :D

Well, that being said, welcome to The Apricity, hope you like it here. But I'll tell you as much: Loki's reason for starting The Apricity were not to seek revenge on NoFo for a little forum feud that went on years ago, so there's no need for making such an entrance. Loki has said that he is not a person who likes to hold grudges, and I have no reason to disbelieve that statement.

I appeal to your own wisdom at not making an entrance here just to vent about getting banned at another forum. Whilst not expressly forbidden by the Rules, nobody likes people who whine about others behind their backs, so if that's what you are going to do, I should hope the majority of the membership demonise such exploits.

And in all cynicism - if you ever feel the same at The Apricity, I shall point you to Rule #1 right now. "We reserve the right to ban anyone at any time." ;)

Welcome anyway, and I hope you find this place to your liking. You're still an alright guy, but the episode over at NoFo really wasn't needed, now was it?

Sigurd
12-17-2008, 09:57 AM
What was it about, if you don't mind telling? :tongue

His post "over there" was:

Okay, during later times, right before Blut came back, and recently, something weird has happened. But let me talk some history first.

When I first joined NoFo back in 06, Blut was the boss of bosses. Let's role an example: You've all noticed me and my excecive use of curse words, right? Well, I had the same problem back in 06, but Blut gave me a warning that if I didn't stop the excecive use, I would get banned. Okay, I didn't like it, but she was lé boss, so I had to. Now, I dissapeared from NoFo during some time, and when I came back, Blut was gone, the mods had taken control.

Then, as you all might remember, I was banned, because of, ehm, I actually don't know. Only hint I got was from Nux about my opinions about jews, christianity and so on. The message I got when logging in to NoFo during the ban was: "You have been banned untill *some date*. Reason: You need to calm down a bit." Now, if you moderators think banning me without a warning and not a clear reason would calm me down, you were wrong, I totally freaked out, there was no reason and no explanation.

Now, take Thorums ban, I've been talking a little to him and going through his post's, why did he get banned? And why was the only explanation he got: "******** is not the phorum for you"?

Now it's time for the moderators to get real, you might be the controllers of this phorum, but that doesn't mean you're gods or anything! I'm pretty sure this thread will get closed or I might get banned, but at least the rest of NoFo had the chance to see what's going on. Yes, I know this is not a democracy, but still, the users is the ones which keep it up and running, and Blut of course.

Thanks for reading folks.

To which I rather drily replied:

Ever read the Rules, pal? Right there at the very bottom.

18. We reserve the right to remove anyone's account without notice. We also reserve the right to ban a Member's IP at our own will. These decisions are not debatable. Generally, unless you are not of any productivity to the board or unless you are a serious offender or a threat to the board and its harmony, you will receive warnings.

Also, stuff like this can really be asked via PM to an Admin, or if one has been banned by using the "Contact Us" form which is included as a standard feature in every vBulletin board, with ******** being no difference.

By posting such a thread in the open Help Section, I cannot think but that your main intention is to create drama rather than to receive actual information, from my observation at other boards.

And as to the question of "banning without a reason": Technically, we have the right to ban your backside off the board based on an uneven number of spots on your left bum cheek. Practically we don't do it unless we feel that the forum is not the place for someone.

Your case was exceptional in that it was a temporary ban, something we do not hand out generally, and it was given as a temporary ban in light of your long standing membership. Such lenience has not always occured, so if anything, you should be glad we made an exception for you.

As for THorum's case - he is welcome to inquire. And likewise, we might be willing to disclose to others the reason for banishment if addressed via PM, and it can be taken from there. We do not like to make public examples, therefore his ban reasons will not be discussed in a "Hall of Shame" as it were.

This topic will undoubtedly be shut within the hour by a Staff member with the competences to close these in the Help Section. It appears to serve no constructive purpose but to "whine".

Personally, I fail to see where I have been unreasonable in my answer, but maybe Maidz would also like to clarify why he started to hit the roof after it. I stayed neutral enough. :confused:

Ban reason again was not his thread, not his person, but his taking it to another board, namely here. Thorum recently was banned and came to here straight away, but has not whined about it. I feel that Maidz should take an example in that.

My sincere apologies to the administration for also taking this here, but after Maidz' allegation of being unfairly treated I felt I had no other option than to point out the chain of events, etc. I shall not dwell on it. :)

HawkR
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, what can I say? I screwed up, I know. But you should know one thing: I never said what phorum it was.

I wish I could get back, but rules are rules I guess. I still mean what I said in the posts, that I will not bend down on, but yes, it could have been sorted a different way. And as one wise man once said: "You don't know what you got before you lose it." Kinda understand the meaning now.

Vulpix
12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh I see, so you were banned from NoFo... like most new members :laugh:.

Let's make a fresh start here, ok ;)?

Absinthe
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
That's an ancient greek saying that means "Home affairs should not be made public".

That been said, welcome to the forum.

But please don't use this forum as a place to vent your anger for the other forum, the Apricity is not a psychological spit-bucket for those that have been banned from Skadi and NoFo :cool:

Look at how decent and low-profile Thorum's presence has been here, for example.

I too found his ban to be out of the blue (although I am not aware of the circumstances that led to it), and at the same time, I admire his stance and the fact that he didn't vent about it to anyone else. :thumb001:

HawkR
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
New? 770 posts, full rep bar, so no, not new:P

Yes, I'll do my best, but I can guarantee there will be posts of mine your not gonna like, but they are only opinions, so no reason for banning:P

EDIT: It was never my intention to shout it out to all and everybody, I just chose the wrong place to vent it out. I have learned though.

Vulpix
12-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh I see :). Most new NoFo members get banned :p.

Ok then, looking forward to hearing more of your opinions here :).

I'm pretty sure you won't miss that forum ;).

HawkR
12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, I just have to get some new friends here and most of it should the go by itself:) Thanks.

Oh, and yeah, most new get banned, most likely because of inactivity or spam bots. I think.

Loki
12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, I just have to get some new friends here and most of it should the go by itself:) Thanks.

Oh, and yeah, most new get banned, most likely because of inactivity or spam bots. I think.

Welcome Maidz! :)

Rest assured, here at The Apricity we're not on a banning spree, and not out to "get" our members. You'll be absolutely fine here ... we haven't even banned a single member yet on Apricity!

Excessive moderation is not a good thing ... especially not for fora who claim to promote freedom of speech. I have learnt this valuable lesson over the years.

Arrow Cross
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I got banned once because of a mod didn't agree with my opinons (Christianity being a branch of the jewish tree) or something.

They call it whining now, most likely because no one like to get the thruth smashed in their face by a 19 year old:P
Yeah, right... welcome, Kidz.

HawkR
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, right... welcome, Kidz.

Whazz up in tah hood gangztah?:p

Arrow Cross
12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Whazz up in tah hood gangztah?:p
Were rockin out widda j00z.

Aemma
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Warm greetings right back at ya, from cold Canada, Maidz. Pleased to meet you! I'm hoping to learn a lot about your beautiful country! :) So please share pictures and stories of life in Norway when you can. :)

Cheers for now!....Aemma

HawkR
12-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Am I gonna share pictures and stories? Hell yeah! I just have to be better at using the camera more often:p

Thorum
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Warm greetings right back at ya, from cold Canada, Maidz. Pleased to meet you! I'm hoping to learn a lot about your beautiful country! :) So please share pictures and stories of life in Norway when you can. :)

Cheers for now!....Aemma

Come on Maidz, we need photos!! :D

HawkR
12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay, by here it goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xMoRZG5ck

It might not work, as it's being processed at the time, but let's hope for the best:)

Vulpix
12-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Nice stuff Maidz :thumb001:!

Eldritch
12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I too found his ban to be out of the blue (although I am not aware of the circumstances that led to it), and at the same time, I admire his stance and the fact that he didn't vent about it to anyone else. :thumb001:

I was, and still am, absolutely seething at Thorum's ban. And his honourable conduct over here only reinforces the impression that it was totally random and undeserved. I am still debating whether or not I want to continue being an (unwilling) accomplice to people getting that sort of treatment.

As for you, Maidz, yes, I did give you a 48-hour ban and asked you to calm down. You were totally out of control in that "cruelest civilization" thread, you must admit it. You are man enough to admit it when you've messed up, I know that.

However I am sorry about your permanent ban and had nothing to do with it.

OK, enough about the ****-**** forum now, just enjoy this one. I'm sure you'll like it here. :)

Fortis in Arduis
12-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

HawkR
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I was, and still am, absolutely seething at Thorum's ban. And his honourable conduct over here only reinforces the impression that it was totally random and undeserved. I am still debating whether or not I want to continue being an (unwilling) accomplice to people getting that sort of treatment.

As for you, Maidz, yes, I did give you a 48-hour ban and asked you to calm down. You were totally out of control in that "cruelest civilization" thread, you must admit it. You are man enough to admit it when you've messed up, I know that.

However I am sorry about your permanent ban and had nothing to do with it.

OK, enough about the ****-**** forum now, just enjoy this one. I'm sure you'll like it here. :)

Yeah, I have had a great start untill now, so I hope it'll last:)

HawkR
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Thought I might just post it her: Tomorrow I'm going to Sogn, and therefore I'm going film it using my little digital videocamera:) And I'm also gonna be without internet for at least 5 days, in other terms: No Apricity:( But on the other hand, you'll all get the chance to miss me:p