PDA

View Full Version : Which passes better as Spanish/Portuguese?

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Pierce Brosnan (Irish)

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12500000/Pierce-Brosnan-Wallpaper-pierce-brendan-brosnan-12572156-800-600.jpg
http://www.nowhavefun.com/celebritypictures/d/121459-1/20+Pierce+Brosnan+picture.jpg

or Scott Baio (Italian + Greek)

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070828/baio_l.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B1LlYh6iKqs/TMoeuIhx58I/AAAAAAAADP8/QQZAws_5Ous/s1600/scott-baio.jpg

gregorius
05-26-2013, 09:24 PM
pierce bosnian

Damiăo de Góis
05-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Both look foreign

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Both look foreign

If you look typical for Portugal, and you have said you do, then I don't see why Pierce Brosnan could look foreign since your look is similar.

Damiăo de Góis
05-26-2013, 09:32 PM
If you look typical for Portugal, and you have said you do, then I don't see why Pierce Brosnan could look foreign since your look is similar.

No it's not similar. Maybe on a certain pic, on a certain angle... but no, i don't think so.

Armand_Duval
05-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Both look foreign

I concur.

Brosnan looks particularly british and Baio looks atypical for an spaniard, I would even venture myself to say he looks like a latin american castizo IMO, his traits look remarkably familiar to my eyes as those day to day faces I see in my neck of the woods.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:34 PM
No it's not similar. Maybe on a certain pic, on a certain angle... but no, i don't think so.

You look no more southern than he does. And the grandfather you've posted looks like John McCain. If you guys can pass as typical in Portugal than I don't see how he can't.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Brosnan looks particularly british and Baio looks atypical for an spaniard, I would even venture myself to say he looks like a latin american castizo IMO, his traits look remarkably familiar to my eyes as those day to day faces I see in my neck of the woods.

Some castizo looking people have a pseudo east med appearance since the Amerindian alters the Iberian in such a way.

Smaug
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Pierce Brosnan, since he is on the Atlantid range.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I think truly "Med" appearances are over-hyped among Iberians, especially Gracile Med. I've seen far more Atlantid and Atlanto-Med types than Gracile Med.

Damiăo de Góis
05-26-2013, 09:47 PM
You look no more southern than he does. And the grandfather you've posted looks like John McCain. If you guys can pass as typical in Portugal than I don't see how he can't.

:lol:

I never met my grandfather, but even from this one picture, i don't see resemblances with John McCain.

---

Armand_Duval
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Some castizo looking people have a pseudo east med appearance since the Amerindian alters the Iberian in such a way.

You wouldnt believe it but some one like Brosnan would stick out in Mexico City, he would clearly be seen as a foreigner, as a gringo, on the other hand Baio could blend in in any crowd with no problem at all, I can grant you that.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
He looks exactly like him. And would pass perfectly as an early 20th century Scots-Irish from the south US.

If I asked 10 random people your grandfather's ethnicity, I bet nearly everyone would say Irish, Scottish, or English. Same as if they were asked to guess yours.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 09:50 PM
You wouldnt believe it but some one like Brosnan would stick out in Mexico City, he would clearly be seen as a foreigner, as a gringo, on the other hand Baio could blend in in any crowd with no problem at all, I can grant you that.

The question is which fits better in Spain. Scott Baio looks odd for a Spaniard which means it would take other admixture to get to his look, in this case as you're saying, Amerindian.

Damiăo de Góis
05-26-2013, 09:57 PM
He looks exactly like him. And would pass perfectly as an early 20th century Scots-Irish from the south US.

If I asked 10 random people your grandfather's ethnicity, I bet nearly everyone would say Irish, Scottish, or English. Same as if they were asked to guess yours.

My grandfather was blue-eyed. His nose is different and his cheekbones seem to be more prominent. They look like totally different people.

Armand_Duval
05-26-2013, 10:02 PM
The question is which fits better in Spain. Scott Baio looks odd for a Spaniard which means it would take other admixture to get to his look, in this case as you're saying, Amerindian.

And the answer was: None of them, the rest was just te justification of why none of them.

The fact of the matter is: Does Baio looks more latin american because he looks "amerind admixed" or do plenty of latin americans could pass as southern europeans despite their being admixed?... I think the so called native features are overhyped in many lat ams with plain med pheno.

Mark
05-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Actually, I think Alex's Grandfather looks more CM/Atlanto which is represented well in Iberia. Conversely, John McCain (while some similarity) looks more Borreby-like with an even dare I say slight 'Jewish' quality.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 10:03 PM
And the answer was: None of them, the rest was just te justification of why none of them.

The fact of the matter is: Does Baio looks more latin american because he looks "amerind admixed" or do plenty of latin americans could pass as southern europeans despite their being admixed?... I think the so called native features are overhyped in many lat ams with plain med pheno.

Well he doesn't look Iberian so if a Latin American looks like that, I don't know what it's due to but not Iberian.

Atlantic Islander
05-26-2013, 10:05 PM

I actually think their noses are quite different, and there's a big difference in faceshape as well. Alex Delarge's grandfather looks really CM in the photo.

Sikeliot
05-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I actually think their noses are quite different, and there's a big difference in faceshape as well. Alex Delarge's grandfather looks really CM in the photo.

He isn't that different from some Borreby types to me.

Smaug
05-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I guess both McCain and Alex grannie are Borrebies.