PDA

View Full Version : Newborn baby pulled from sewage pipes in China

RussiaPrussia
05-28-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmUURvBXoqw

Firefighters in east China's Zhejiang Province rescued a newborn infant from sewage pipe on Saturday afternoon. The infant was found in the toilet sewage pipe in a residential building in the city of Jinhua at around 17:00 in the afternoon. Residents in the building reported to firefighting department that they heard baby crying in the toilet of the fourth floor.

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 01:08 PM
And then you have people that call China civilised.

SKYNET
05-28-2013, 01:10 PM
ButlerKing, where are you? Terrible video

RussiaPrussia
05-28-2013, 01:14 PM
And then you have people that call China civilised.

the chinese two child rule is forcing women to this stuff

SKYNET
05-28-2013, 01:22 PM
they are most brutal people in the world

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 01:22 PM
the chinese two child rule is forcing women to this stuff

Bullshit.

RussiaPrussia
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Bullshit.

well its not forcing them but it chances their society towards live

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
well its not forcing them but it chances their society towards live

Well it's not forcing them to do so. They could quite simply use condoms or the pill or have them sterilised after the first child.

Vesuvian Sky
05-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Chinese like quite a few East Asians societies in their realm, tend to trash a landscape nearly second to none. In Japan, I felt like I was in a cage, trapped in an ultra urban nightmare. Buildings were everywhere and not alot of "green" was to be seen.

China, according to my one Chinese friend, is just like this if not worse: Too many people, too much urbanization, little to no trees.

Ironically, I found Central Asia less aggravating on the nerves compared to this type of so called 'Civilized' e. Asian society. Also the landscapes in Centrla Asia weren't nearly as raped and pillaged as in the parts of E. Asia I've been in.

It calls the question in my mind: who are the real barbarians?

The urbanized east Asian societies vs. the nomadic Central Asian societies.

One lives in less of a balance with nature from what I've seen, the other more so for centuries.

Yet East Asian socieities feel they are the masters of civilization in their region compared to their so called barbaric neighbors.

rhiannon
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Does China have any sort of safe haven laws?

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
The Philippines is a little bit of both: Manila is pure hell (like all other cities) but once you leave the city it's just.. well the unspoiled countryside. I think that communism, taoism and confucianism are to blame for China's complete and utter lack of a national morality. I don't think one would find many children out in Manila's sewers (you would find a lot of other stuff but it would surprise me if one would find many children) as the Philippines is a Christian country.

RussiaPrussia
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Yet East Asian socieities feel they are the masters of civilization in their region compared to their so called barbaric neighbors.

yes they are compared to central asians (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD/countries/UZ-AF-CN-KG-JP-KR?display=graph)

Without russians they have the same living standard like afghanistan

Vesuvian Sky
05-28-2013, 02:21 PM
The Philippines is a little bit of both: Manila is pure hell (like all other cities) but once you leave the city it's just.. well the unspoiled countryside. I think that communism, taoism and confucianism are to blame for China's complete and utter lack of a national morality. I don't think one would find many children out in Manila's sewers (you would find a lot of other stuff but it would surprise me if one would find many children) as the Philippines is a Christian country.

I'd imagine the Phillipines is a bit different. It probably straddles Pacific island culture mentality with what I regard as 'classical E. Asian culture'. Though it seems the Phillipines is more of an "PI" culture rather then E. Asian proper. Japan is very modern E. Asian culture IMO.

The ultra-urban East Asia I refer to is Korea (south of course), China, and Japan.

Not sure if Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia fall into this category as neatly though.

Vesuvian Sky
05-28-2013, 02:22 PM
yes they are compared to central asians (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD/countries/UZ-AF-CN-KG-JP-KR?display=graph)

Its more of matter of sustainable development and culture here. Money doesn't always make good people or good civilizations for that matter.

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I'd imagine the Phillipines is a bit different. It probably straddles Pacific island culture mentality with what I regard as 'classical E. Asian culture'. Though it seems the Phillipines is more of an "PI" culture rather then E. Asian proper. Japan is very modern E. Asian culture IMO.

The ultra-urban East Asia I refer to is Korea (south of course), China, and Japan.

Not sure if Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia fall into this category as neatly though.
I have heard the Philippines classified as a chameleon. It can be anything it wants to be: it received a great dose of Spanish culture through it's Spanish colonial past and the trade with Mexico (so perhaps more Latin American) - and on the side it's very Asian - on the other side it can be compared to Malaysia and Indonesia (Islam in the south), it has American characteristics. It still has native tribes and some of them rarely have contact with the outside world. It's a very confusing country but that makes it very interesting.

Minde
05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
surprizingly entertaining this one

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 02:42 PM
surprizingly entertaining this one

That says a lot about your lack of morals.

Vasconcelos
05-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Why do you always resort to GDP stats?

Minde
05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
That says a lot about your lack of morals.
cant blame me i dont even know what the word mean

The Lawspeaker
05-28-2013, 02:55 PM
http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral%C4%97

Buy some at your local corner shop. 3 euro's for a pack.

SkyBurn
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
That was absolutely horrendous.

But I have to quote the youtube page's top comment:

Rememeber folks! One incident should not lead you to believe that an ENTIRE country is sick or disgusting.

RussiaPrussia
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
That was absolutely horrendous.

But I have to quote the youtube page's top comment:

yeah but there many other cases, like this chinese girl who was driven over several times and the camera filmed it or the story were massive chinese capsules with powder from aborted fetuses were sold to people who wanted to consume them for eating or for traditional medicine and other nonsense.

SKYNET
05-28-2013, 04:55 PM
chinese bitch kills rabbit

http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/stories/rabbit-crush-fetish-video-chinese-netizens-investigate.html

Ivan Kramskoļ
05-28-2013, 05:06 PM
The mother should be exeecutestraight away.
How can we do something like this to a baby and even more to her own ??:(

rashka
05-30-2013, 04:22 AM
News stories like this just breaks my heart. The poor little baby.

BEIJING (AP) — May 29, 2013
The mother of the Chinese newborn trapped in a sewer pipe in a stunning ordeal caught on video had raised the initial alarm and was present for the entire two-hour rescue but did not admit giving birth until confronted by police, reports said Wednesday.

The state-run, Hangzhou-based newspaper Dushikuaibao said police became suspicious when they found baby toys and blood-stained toilet paper in the 22-year-old woman's rented room in the building where Saturday's rescue occurred in eastern China.

The woman, whose name was not revealed in state media reports, confessed to police when they asked her to undergo a medical checkup.

The woman told police she could not afford an abortion and secretly delivered the child Saturday afternoon in the toilet. She said she tried to catch the baby but he slipped into the sewer line and that she alerted her landlord of the trapped baby after she could not pull the child out, the Jinhua-based Zhezhong News said.

Video of the rescue of Baby No. 59 — so named because of his incubator number in the hospital — was shown on Chinese news programs and websites starting late Monday and picked up worldwide, prompting both horror and an outpouring of charity on behalf of the newborn. The mother's reported confession raises questions about whether she intended to abandon the baby, while suggesting that she was desperate and did not know what to do.

Zhezhong News said the woman is a high school graduate who works at a restaurant in the Zhejiang province city of Jinhua. She said she became pregnant after a one-night stand with a man who later denied any responsibility. The woman did not reveal the pregnancy to her parents. She also said she wanted to raise the child but had no idea how to do it, according to local reports.

Firefighters were called to the residential building in the Pujiang area of Jinhua to rescue the baby, which was trapped in an L-shaped section of sewage pipe just below a squat toilet in one of the building's public restrooms.

In the video, officials were shown removing the pipe from a ceiling that apparently was just below the restroom and then, at the hospital, using pliers and saws to gently pull apart the pipe, which was about 10 centimeters (about 3 inches) in diameter.

The baby, who weighed 2.8 kilograms (6 pounds, 2.8 ounces), had a low heart rate and some minor abrasions on his head and limbs, but was mostly unhurt, according to local reports. The placenta was still attached.

News of the baby's ordeal was met with horror and pity by bloggers on Chinese sites. Most speculated that the child had been dumped by his parents down the toilet. The rescue prompted an outpouring from strangers who came to the hospital with diapers, baby clothes, powdered milk and offers to adopt him.

Dushikuaibao said the mother was present throughout the entire rescue and expressed her concern for the child, though that didn't immediately rouse suspicion of the police.

Police initially said they were treating the case as possible attempted homicide, but it was not clear whether the mother would face criminal charges.

Local police refused to comment, saying the case is under further investigation.

In China, unwanted pregnancies have been on the rise because of a lack of sex education and an increasingly lax attitude toward sex. Young men and women often engage in unprotected sex, and abortions have become increasingly common, with abortion services widely available.

Sociologist Li Yinhe said more than 70 percent of China's young adults have had premarital sex, but that Chinese schools typically shy away from sex education and teaching about contraception because teachers don't want to appear to condone sex before marriage.

"The public also is very ambiguous over whether you are committing a murder when you kill an infant or abandon it," Li said.

The building's landlord told local media earlier in the week that there were no signs that the birth took place in the restroom and she had not been aware of any recent pregnancies among her tenants.

The baby's mother told police she cleaned up the toilet after the delivery and had managed to hide her pregnancy by wearing loose clothes and tightly wrapping her abdomen, Zhezhong News said.

Watch the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW_fn2W9HQ

Bobby Six Killer
05-30-2013, 04:24 AM
It's funny Chinese cops care about the issue, having in mind they are overpopulating lol

RussiaPrussia
05-30-2013, 08:54 AM
i made a thread about it earlier

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?81762-Newborn-baby-pulled-from-sewage-pipes-in-China

rhiannon
05-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Threads Merged.

Minde
05-30-2013, 06:55 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/945_10151415907846555_463051274_n.jpg
nearly choked to death with my beer from laughter

Amun
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
This horrible and cruel to do so to your own kid.