PDA

View Full Version : Topless Tunisian Femen Protester 'Amina' Threatened With Death By Stoning

Amun
05-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Campaigners including Richard Dawkins have called for a day of action to support a young Tunisian woman who appeared to post pictures of herself topless as part of a feminist movement in the country, and was subsequently threatened with death by stoning.

The 19-year-old activist, identified only as Amina, posted on the Femen-Tunisian Facebook page a topless picture of herself with the words "F**k your morals" written across her chest.

Another controversial image followed, of the woman smoking a cigarette, baring her breasts, with the Arabic written across her chest: "My body belongs to me, and is not the source of anyone’s honour”.

Tunisian newspaper Kapitalis quoted the Wahabi Salafi preacher Almi Adel, who heads the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, saying: "The young lady should be punished according to sharia, with 80 to 100 lashes, but [because of] the severity of the act she has committed, she deserves be stoned to death.

"Her act could bring about an epidemic. It could be contagious and give ideas to other women. It is therefore necessary to isolate [the incident]. I wish her to be healed."

If she committed the offence in Tunisia, Amina could be punished by up to two years in prison and a fine of 100 to 1,000 dinars [between £40 and £400], local media said.

A petition and an international day of action on April 4 to highlight the threats against Amina have been organised by activists.

More than 15,600 people have signed a petition calling for those who have threatened Amina's life to be prosecuted.

An open letter calling for an International Day to Defend Amina has been signed by many feminist and atheist activists, including Dawkins.

tunisia fem
The first picture posted of activist 'Amina'

The letter says: "On the day and beyond, groups and individuals can join in by highlighting her case, posting topless photos of themselves and their activism on social media sites, signing a petition, Tweeting #Amina, writing letters in her defence, and more.

"On 4 April, we will remind the Islamists and the world that the real epidemic and disaster that must be challenged is misogyny – Islamic or otherwise."

Social media accounts of the Tunisian branch of Femen have been reportedly infiltrated by hackers, with videos and pictures on the site being replaced by verses from the Koran.

According to International Business Times, the accounts have now been suspended.

One message read: "The page has been hacked and God willing, this debauchery will disappear from Tunisia."

Femen said in a statement they were furious about the "barbarian threats of the Islamists about the necessity of reprisals against the Tunisian activist Amina," .

"We are afraid for her life and we call on women to fight for their freedom against religious atrocities.

"Use your body as a poster for the slogans of freedom. Bare breasts against Islamism."

Sultan Suleiman
05-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Campaigners including Richard Dawkins have called for a day of action to support a young Tunisian woman who appeared to post pictures of herself topless as part of a feminist movement in the country, and was subsequently threatened with death by stoning.

The 19-year-old activist, identified only as Amina, posted on the Femen-Tunisian Facebook page a topless picture of herself with the words "F**k your morals" written across her chest.

Another controversial image followed, of the woman smoking a cigarette, baring her breasts, with the Arabic written across her chest: "My body belongs to me, and is not the source of anyone’s honour”.

Tunisian newspaper Kapitalis quoted the Wahabi Salafi preacher Almi Adel, who heads the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, saying: "The young lady should be punished according to sharia, with 80 to 100 lashes, but [because of] the severity of the act she has committed, she deserves be stoned to death.

"Her act could bring about an epidemic. It could be contagious and give ideas to other women. It is therefore necessary to isolate [the incident]. I wish her to be healed."

If she committed the offence in Tunisia, Amina could be punished by up to two years in prison and a fine of 100 to 1,000 dinars [between £40 and £400], local media said.

A petition and an international day of action on April 4 to highlight the threats against Amina have been organised by activists.

More than 15,600 people have signed a petition calling for those who have threatened Amina's life to be prosecuted.

An open letter calling for an International Day to Defend Amina has been signed by many feminist and atheist activists, including Dawkins.

tunisia fem
The first picture posted of activist 'Amina'

The letter says: "On the day and beyond, groups and individuals can join in by highlighting her case, posting topless photos of themselves and their activism on social media sites, signing a petition, Tweeting #Amina, writing letters in her defence, and more.

"On 4 April, we will remind the Islamists and the world that the real epidemic and disaster that must be challenged is misogyny – Islamic or otherwise."

Social media accounts of the Tunisian branch of Femen have been reportedly infiltrated by hackers, with videos and pictures on the site being replaced by verses from the Koran.

According to International Business Times, the accounts have now been suspended.

One message read: "The page has been hacked and God willing, this debauchery will disappear from Tunisia."

Femen said in a statement they were furious about the "barbarian threats of the Islamists about the necessity of reprisals against the Tunisian activist Amina," .

"We are afraid for her life and we call on women to fight for their freedom against religious atrocities.

"Use your body as a poster for the slogans of freedom. Bare breasts against Islamism."

Hehehehe, nijedna nije normala :lol:

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/femen040413/f03_0RTXY7YS.jpg

Han Cholo
05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Where's the topless pic of Amina?

Sultan Suleiman
05-30-2013, 04:38 PM

I would love to share them, but Loki would ban me :lol:

Hurrem sultana
05-30-2013, 04:39 PM
hahahahahah

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 04:42 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1068508/thumbs/o-TOPLESS-JIHAD-DAY-FEMEN-AMINA-TYLER-570.jpg?1

Amun
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Hay guys this is not topless women thread :p

Baluarte
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Funny, FEMEN and the Salafists in open war

Two agents of Zion at each other's throats :laugh2:

Amun
05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I think feminism is a radical group that actually humiliate women rather than honoring them. They use their body as commodity to get attention, that's fucking disgusting IMO.

Grenzland
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
They never demonstrate against me... :(

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 04:57 PM
I think feminism is a radical group that actually humiliate women rather than honoring them. They use their body as commodity to get attention, that's fucking disgusting IMO.

The feminist get a successfully protest, provoke the radicals Islamic.

Windischer
05-30-2013, 04:57 PM
It could be contagious and give ideas to other women.

uh really? shocking :D

lashing? stoning?
shitty oriental gypsy traditions...

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:04 PM
The feminist get a successfully protest, provoke the radicals Islamic.

then what?
They are doing exactly the opposite to what they are calling for. They call for women equality, however they using their bodies to get attention. They are just attention whores.

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
then what?
They are doing exactly the opposite to what they are calling for. They call for women equality, however they using their bodies to get attention. They are just attention whores.

no, feminist are claiming that they are responsible for their own body, that no religion must decided by them. I am with feminist in this protest.

Baluarte
05-30-2013, 05:09 PM
FEMEN is an anticivilizational group.
I'm for getting them out of the Christian world and off to thwart the Salafo-M.Brotherhood axis.

Kind of like using a virus to kill snakes ^.^

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
no, feminist are claiming that they are responsible for their own body, that no religion must decided by them. I am with feminist in this protest.

I think this humiliating for women. If they want to protest on some legislate, they should play it right and form lobby for them instead of just taking off their shirts.

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
FEMEN is an anticivilizational group.
I'm for getting them out of the Christian world and off to thwart the Salafo-M.Brotherhood axis.

Kind of like using a virus to kill snakes ^.^

I can't imagine something like these topless protests happening in Egypt. Seriously, they get their head chopped off :)

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I think this humiliating for women. If they want to protest on some legislate, they should play it right and form lobby for them instead of just taking off their shirts.

I don't see humiliation in the nudity. We all born humiliated?

Grenzland
05-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I can't imagine something like these topless protests happening in Egypt. Seriously, they get their head chopped off :)

Well that's good. They are committing crimes and the only real punishment is the death! Life is so simple in some countries...

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 05:24 PM

That attitude in Egypt really is humiliating for the Egyptians, killing a woman like cowards because she show her body.

Lucifer
05-30-2013, 05:29 PM
prostitutes paid to do political militantism.

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:31 PM
That attitude in Egypt really is humiliating for the Egyptians, killing a woman like cowards because she show her body.

Egypt is conservative country after all and what is acceptable to you, can't be acceptable to us.
It's OK. for you people to go to nudity beaches with your families like there is no problem, however this impossible in Egypt. I respect your your culture as it as and i expect you to do the same for my culture.

Grenzland
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Egypt is conservative country after all and what is acceptable to you, can't be acceptable to us.
It's OK. for you people to go to nudity beaches with your families like there is no problem, however this impossible in Egypt. I respect your your culture as it as and i expect you to do the same for my culture.

Do you live in Egypt?

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Do you live in Egypt?

Yes, in Cairo.

Windischer
05-30-2013, 05:42 PM
I respect your your culture as it as and i expect you to do the same for my culture.

as long as it respects human life.
if not, dont expect us to respect such a culture.

if women decided to humiliate themselves - its their own, private issue.
if someone else decides to humiliate women - we all have a say in it.

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 05:44 PM

your culture kill defenseless women, I can not respect your culture.

alfieb
05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Unattractive, but she could pass on the other side of the sea (Sicily).

I support her freedom of speech. If she is killed, hopefully those involved go to jail for life.

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
your culture kill defenseless women, I can not respect your culture.

We don't kill any women just because we want to. Again we are different from you and not only us, but the entire middle east have different cultural values from Westerners.
If you are ok with this, fine it's up to you. But i just expressed an opinion and everybody jumped to attack me.

I strongly support women education and actually have no problem whatsoever for women to be minister or even a president, but i have no respect for groups like FEMEN and i don't want to see their kind in my country.

Baluarte
05-30-2013, 05:52 PM
There is a huge difference between fining them or even putting them in prison, compared to stoning them to death
Disproportionate punishment

Amun
05-30-2013, 05:56 PM
There is a huge difference between fining them or even putting them in prison, compared to stoning them to death
Disproportionate punishment

I didn't say that they should be stoned to death, but they deserve to spend time in jail if they did that in my country.

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 06:01 PM
We don't kill any women just because we want to. Again we are different from you and not only us, but the entire middle east have different cultural values from Westerners.
If you are ok with this, fine it's up to you. But i just expressed an opinion and everybody jumped to attack me.

I'm not attacking you but this is a forum of European culture, the Europeans generally despise to the murderers of women, for us cut off the head of a woman because she shows her naked body is barbaric, a medieval murder, this forum have a section called "orgy of Apricty" where some members show their naked bodies, you think it is humiliating?.

Amun
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm not attacking you but this is a forum of European culture, the Europeans generally despise to the murderers of women, for us cut off the head of a woman because she shows her naked body is barbaric, a medieval murder, this forum have a section called "orgy of Apricty" where some members show their naked bodies, you think it is humiliating?.

You are free to do whatever you want as long as you don't cause harm.
I used "Chopping heads" as a metaphor to describe how unacceptable this behavior is in my culture, that's all.

Baluarte
05-30-2013, 06:09 PM
I could agree to fines/jailtime.

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
I used "Chopping heads" as a metaphor to describe how unacceptable this behavior is in my culture, that's all.

an example of bad taste, considering that is unfortunately very common this punishment in conservative Islamic countries. The radical Islamists have called for the stoning to death of Amina.

lamb
05-30-2013, 06:14 PM
What about men that show their penises on those stupid webcam chat websites? Should they be stoned to death also? If an Egyptian man did this or posted a naked picture of himself online, would you think he should be stoned?

Amun
05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
an example of bad taste, considering that is unfortunately very common this punishment in conservative Islamic countries. The radical Islamists have called for the stoning to death of Amina.

Tunisia, till this moment, is considered to be secular country and actually hejab wasn't allowed, until the departure of Ben-Ali and the take over of Alnhda part (Muslims Brotherhood). So most likely she will be fine.

alfieb
05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
What about men that show their penises on those stupid webcam chat websites?

Yes. And this one, too.

Lábaru
05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Tunisia, till this moment, is considered to be secular country and actually hejab wasn't allowed, until the departure of Ben-Ali and the take over of Alnhda part (Muslims Brotherhood). So most likely she will be fine.

That is not the thing, a lot of people die every day unfairly, the thing is that you can not ask me that I respect that way of think.

Amun
05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
What about men that show their penises on those stupid webcam chat websites? Should they be stoned to death also? If an Egyptian man did this or posted a naked picture of himself online, would you think he should be stoned?

lamb
05-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I mean in Egypt. Is this sort of behavior looked down upon or punished there, if a man shows himself naked or posts a lewd picture online?

Amun
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
That is not the thing, a lot of people die every day unfairly, the thing is that you can not ask me that I respect that way of think.

I didn't call for mass murdering of uncovered women, all i have said is to respect social values of the country.

RussiaPrussia
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
islam has to except something like that otherwise these countries will always be backward

Amun
05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
I mean in Egypt. Is this sort of behavior looked down upon or punished there, if a man shows himself naked or posts a lewd picture online?

Maybe yes. There some incident that happened and made buzz in the media, when a guy and his wife made a group on facebook for Wife Swapping. They got convected for 15 years.

CrystalMaiden
05-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Hehehehe, nijedna nije normala :lol:

A ime Amar je sinonim mentalne stabilnosti :rolleyes:

CrystalMaiden
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
I would love to share them, but Loki would ban me :lol:

HA... HA... :coffee:

Hurrem sultana
05-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Maybe yes. There some incident that happened and made buzz in the media, when a guy and his wife made a group on facebook for Wife Swapping. They got convected for 15 years.

lol thats sick,come on ,people get less for serious crimes

morski
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
I want to see Hurrem sultana protesting topless in Saraevo.:D

CrystalMaiden
05-30-2013, 07:15 PM

They have been doing that a lot lately.

Can't imagine why...

Amun
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
lol thats sick,come on ,people get less for serious crimes

Actually i agree with you. In my country our former president made 70 billion dollar fortune and he was punished by spending his life time in a 7 star military hospitable. the world is not fair.

RussiaPrussia
05-30-2013, 09:34 PM
funny how tunesia was the first arab spring country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8EVFR6ksw

Amina Tyler, a member of the Ukrainian activist group FEMEN stood trial in Tunisia's religious center Khairouan on Thursday on charges of possession of pepper spray, rendered an incendiary object by prosecutors. The activist, dubbed a 'sextremist' for her radical bare breasted protest, was arrested by Tunisian police on May 19 in Khairouan at a banned protest of hardline Salafist group Ansar al-Shariah. Witnesses claimed she graffitied FEMEN on a wall outside the city's al Uqba Mosque, known as Tunisia's Islamic Cultural Capital.

At the trial, Monir Sabour, Amina's father said, "She's 18 years old. She's a small bird, she will grow and learn and go to the university to study, we need to save her, we need to save her, my daughter is ill. I don't know, I don't know."

Tyler stirred controversy in the North African country in March when she posted pictures of herself topless on the internet with "my body is my own" written across her chest. She joins FEMEN to protest against what they perceive as the oppression of women in the Muslim world in general. The spokesperson for Tunisia's Ministry of Interior rendered Tyler's behavior is "against the morals and traditions of Tunisian society, which is a Muslim society.

Three other young European members of FEMEN were arrested in Tunisia on Wednesday as they protested topless outside the main courthouse in the Tunisian capital against Tyler's imminent trial. The feminist organisation FEMEN, famous for topless protests around the globe, responded to the arrest of Tyler with contempt and has demanded for her immediate release: "The reaction of the Tunisian authorities is a gross political repression in response to her anti-Islamist feminist actions against the 'Shariatization' of the Maghreb."

The topless women remained in custody until 12:00 local time, when they were due in court, their lawyer said. The two French nationals and a German national - Josephine Pauline and Marguerite - face deportation and a six-month prison sentence.