PDA

View Full Version : Myth exposed: King David was not a red head

Mortimer
05-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Physical descriptions [edit]

1 Samuel 16:12 "And he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy and had beautiful eyes and was handsome. And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him, for this is he." - Holy Bible; English Standard Version.[30] 1 Samuel 17:41-43 "And the Philistine moved forward and came near to David, with his shield-bearer in front of him. And when the Philistine looked and saw David, he disdained him, for he was but a youth, ruddy and handsome in appearance."[31]

The Hebrew word for 'ruddy' used in the above passages is admoni (ואדמני), from the root ADM (אדם, see also Adam and Edom).[32][33][34][35] "Admoni", reddish-brown, was the ideal colour for men, and indicates David's heroic nature.[36] Despite the fact his hair is not mentioned in the passages, the description led to a later Sephardic and Ashkenazi tradition that David was a red-head.[

he was just reddish-brown. like the first humans and first jews in General. the humans were created from Piece of earth because earth is Brown and so were jews/humans

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Samuel_e_david.jpg
Samuel anoints David, Dura Europos, Syria, 3rd century CE

Smeagol
05-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Those Jews look like how the Byzantines depicted themselves.

Mortimer
05-31-2013, 10:11 PM

i think they look orientalic (orient as in islamic world not far east), and not white

Dombra
05-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Was he suppoded to be a ginger? Never heard of that anyways

1stLightHorse
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM

So you're implying Byzantines were darker than jews then? :lol:

Anglojew
05-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Ok Mr.Hebrew linguist. If the writer had meant to describe him as a redhead what Hebrew word would they have used?

Mortimer
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Ok Mr.Hebrew linguist. If the writer had meant to describe him as a redhead what Hebrew word would they have used?

im not a hebrew expert but i trust the article on Wikipedia that his hair colour isnt mentioned. maybe the bible would say he had red "hair". if he had red hair. and the depiction of him Shows him with black hair

Smeagol
05-31-2013, 11:08 PM
i think they look orientalic (orient as in islamic world not far east), and not white

I think they look White.

tEhSaint
05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Jesus was a Gypo according to the Lost Gospel.

Anglojew
05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
im not a hebrew expert but i trust the article on Wikipedia that his hair colour isnt mentioned. maybe the bible would say he had red "hair". if he had red hair. and the depiction of him Shows him with black hair

The obvious and irrefutable proof that both you and Wikipedia are wrong and thousands of years of Jewish tradion is right is;

If all Jews were "reddish-brown" why would the writer need to call him reddish-brown. It would be like saying he has two eyes and one head; it would go without saying.

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 02:15 AM
The only thing the description of him as ruddy proves is that colouring varied among ancient Jews (as it does among modern Jews). The only race with a variance of hair colour is the Caucasian race.

Philo
06-01-2013, 02:17 AM
No. Idiot gypsy. I know Hebrew the best on this forum alongside aa100. Admoni means readhead.
That's all. Close the thread now.

You are Pigolo. It does not matter what you think.

Oh. And to refute Pigolo.
Red in hebrew is "Adom". Adom is quite close to Admoni. Same source. I bet it is similar in Arabic. If any of the Arab members can reply?

Baluarte
06-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Jesus was a Gypo according to the Lost Gospel.

And now....you burn on the stake for blasphemy

lamb
06-01-2013, 02:23 AM
If Jesus was a ginger then I might become a Christian.

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 02:36 AM
No. Idiot gypsy. I know Hebrew the best on this forum alongside aa100. Admoni means readhead.

Red in hebrew is "Adom". Adom is quite close to Admoni. Same source. I bet it is similar in Arabic. If any of the Arab members can reply?

אָדָם Adam the first man
adom אדום Red

must be related but it's probably more likely to be from the colour of blood than the colour of skin though, as no one has red skin, unless maybe all early Jews had red-hair?

Philo
06-01-2013, 02:38 AM
אָדָם Adam the first man
adom אדום Red

must be related but it's probably more likely to be from the colour of blood than the colour of skin though, as no one has red skin, unless maybe all early Jews had red-hair?
What's more likely, that the bible describes him as a man, or as a read-haired person?

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 05:02 AM
אָדָם Adam the first man
adom אדום Red

often Brown Skin has reddish untertones, and natives were called "red Skins" but they are Brown. also arabs refer Brown as red.

i believe you that in modern hebrew admoni could mean red head but in ancient hebrew it referred to Skin complexion it means a reddish Brown. i trust the Scholars, my catholic teacher said the same and he said that is why jews thought humans to be from earth because earth is brown

Virtuous
06-01-2013, 05:04 AM
I was born a redhead.

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 05:30 AM
The obvious and irrefutable proof that both you and Wikipedia are wrong and thousands of years of Jewish tradion is right is;

If all Jews were "reddish-brown" why would the writer need to call him reddish-brown. It would be like saying he has two eyes and one head; it would go without saying.

why in some european texts it is mentioned that someone was beautiful and White or pale. it is normal that a european is White. in fairy tales sometimes you can read "she was so beautiful and White"

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 05:37 AM
The main problem with your argument is red is not brown. Red is closed to pink eg Caucasian skin.

alfieb
06-01-2013, 05:38 AM
I was born a redhead.

Nun aviti un'arma.

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 05:40 AM
The stereotype that red hair is Jewish remains in parts of Eastern Europe and Russia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

1stLightHorse
06-01-2013, 05:42 AM

Red in arabic is...a7mar. I can read/write/speak Arabic, i taught myself so i could understand islamic and arabic literature.

It's actually similar to alot of colours.....so i don't know the etymology works.
azraq (blue), a5bar (green), abiad (white), aswad (black), asfar (yellow), this is all masculine, btw.

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 05:50 AM
The stereotype that red hair is Jewish remains in parts of Eastern Europe and Russia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

yes of ashkenazis, but of mizrahis or even sephardis no

riverman
06-01-2013, 05:54 AM
If Jesus was a ginger then I might become a Christian.

There seems to be descriptions suggesting 'tawny' like or golden hued, but not 'redhead' as far as I've discovered in writings of Jesus's appearance

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:06 AM
The main problem with your argument is red is not brown. Red is closed to pink eg Caucasian skin.

red is in many cultures synonym for Brown, native americans for example and in india also red meant Brown.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/reddish-brown

alfieb
06-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Indians from India are not considered red.

In the USA, we refer to Native Americans as "red indians" (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Red_Indian) to distinguish them from real (brown) Indians.

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Indians from India are not considered red.

In the USA, we refer to Native Americans as "red indians" to distinguish them from real (brown) Indians.

Indians themselfes considered them red like the Skin colour of some of their gods. reddish Brown, golden Brown etc. were common descriptions for brownish type of Skin colour

alfieb
06-01-2013, 06:13 AM
What does that have to do with how white people perceive things?

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Mahri man with ādam skin
The Arabian peninsula is the west/ southwest part of conventionally-defined Asia*, with only an inlet separating it from north & east Africa. Confusingly this inlet is called the Red Sea.

In classical Arabic writings they had different terms to refer to various skin tones. When talking about themselves they usually used terms that are usually in what I'd call the medium to dark-skinned range. These terms include:

ādam - آدم: see picture left. Yes, this is the same as the Arabic & Hebrew name Adam, the 1st man. It was originally accepted that because he was made from mud/ clay/ earth, he must therefore have been the same colour as it.

akhḍar - أخضر/ khiḍr - خضر: literally translates as green, used to refer to someone who was extremely dark. This probably alludes to how really dark people's skin looks bluish in strong sunlight, but that's just my guess. There is a character in the Qur'an called Al-khiḍr (the green one), which is nowadays taken to refer to his clothing. However, classical literature definitions seem to contradict this interpretation.

aswad - أسود: synonymous with what I call darkest-skinned. This is the origin of the country name Sudan, originally called bilād as-suwdān (land of the 'blacks') by Arabs. It's also synonymous with shadiyd al-udmah - شديد‏‏ ‏الأدمة, which translates as 'strongly/ intensely ādam'.

asmar - أسمر: basically means a reddish-brown, not quite as dark as ādam but definitely dark.

abyaḍ - ابيض: literally translates as white. However, this is not the same as we understand 'white' people today. The ancient Arabs referred to white as 'near-fair/ light-brown tint with a black mark' (my translation of
اللون‏ ‏الحنطي ‏بحلية‏ ‏سودا‏‏ء), which roughly equates with what I'd call light-skinned possibly extending to medium. Abyaḍ was also used for someone with strong moral values & purity.

White is abyad but Adam is red and dark skinned. thats how arabs saw it

lamb
06-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I did not know that many Jews had red hair, I had thought this trait came about in Celtic people who are exposed to little sunlight, which would explain why redheads usually have pale skin.

I looked it up and came across this, but I have no idea who wrote it and if they have scientific evidence: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2004-07/1089647276

riverman
06-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Mahri man with ādam skin
The Arabian peninsula is the west/ southwest part of conventionally-defined Asia*, with only an inlet separating it from north & east Africa. Confusingly this inlet is called the Red Sea.

In classical Arabic writings they had different terms to refer to various skin tones. When talking about themselves they usually used terms that are usually in what I'd call the medium to dark-skinned range. These terms include:

ādam - آدم: see picture left. Yes, this is the same as the Arabic & Hebrew name Adam, the 1st man. It was originally accepted that because he was made from mud/ clay/ earth, he must therefore have been the same colour as it.

akhḍar - أخضر/ khiḍr - خضر: literally translates as green, used to refer to someone who was extremely dark. This probably alludes to how really dark people's skin looks bluish in strong sunlight, but that's just my guess. There is a character in the Qur'an called Al-khiḍr (the green one), which is nowadays taken to refer to his clothing. However, classical literature definitions seem to contradict this interpretation.

aswad - أسود: synonymous with what I call darkest-skinned. This is the origin of the country name Sudan, originally called bilād as-suwdān (land of the 'blacks') by Arabs. It's also synonymous with shadiyd al-udmah - شديد‏‏ ‏الأدمة, which translates as 'strongly/ intensely ādam'.

asmar - أسمر: basically means a reddish-brown, not quite as dark as ādam but definitely dark.

abyaḍ - ابيض: literally translates as white. However, this is not the same as we understand 'white' people today. The ancient Arabs referred to white as 'near-fair/ light-brown tint with a black mark' (my translation of
اللون‏ ‏الحنطي ‏بحلية‏ ‏سودا‏‏ء), which roughly equates with what I'd call light-skinned possibly extending to medium. Abyaḍ was also used for someone with strong moral values & purity.

White is abyad but Adam is red and dark skinned. thats how arabs saw it

"just your guess". Sounds like your guessing a lot. Same thing in the other threads, and where Mohamad is described as light I suppose you have an 'explanation' for that too? Thing is is that you don't seem to accept the fact that near/middle easterners vary in appearance, they aren't like the other groups of "dark people" you are equating them with.
Perhaps this is because of your own background?

alfieb
06-01-2013, 06:23 AM

When you're an other, you want to other-ize as many as you can. It's a natural reaction.

riverman
06-01-2013, 06:28 AM
When you're an other, you want to other-ize as many as you can. It's a natural reaction.

Or it could be an honest misperception on his part, almost like he doesn't know how certain groups look. IDK

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:36 AM
"just your guess". Sounds like your guessing a lot. Same thing in the other threads, and where Mohamad is described as light I suppose you have an 'explanation' for that too? Thing is is that you don't seem to accept the fact that near/middle easterners vary in appearance, they aren't like the other groups of "dark people" you are equating them with.

i didnt wrote that. why do you use ad hominems, "because of my Background" etc.
the guy who wrote that said "i guess". it is from a blog, i knew myself that red means Brown in arabic but i couldnt find any other source. but even CircasianWine told me that once. I said my opinion already on the Mohammed thread. Middle Easterners vary in appearance most races do, but not in the same sense like europeans. They cant be equated with Indians but neither with europeans. You accuse me that i equate them with dark People but you equate them with White people

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Or it could be an honest misperception on his part, almost like he doesn't know how certain groups look. IDK

I think you have the honest misconception. I live around Middle Easterners and im familiar how they look like, you probably arent.

riverman
06-01-2013, 06:40 AM
the guy who wrote that said "i guess". it is from a blog, i knew myself that red means Brown in arabic but i couldnt find any other source. but even CircasianWine told me that once. I said my opinion already on the Mohammed thread. Middle Easterners vary in appearance most races do, but not in the same sense like europeans. They cant be equated with Indians but neither with europeans. You accuse me that i equate them with dark People but you equate them with White people

I equate them with what seems like an appropriate perspective for the levant/middle east. You have to prove your OP point more than you have, referencing other groups distant from the Jews doesn't make sense, that was my argument.

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:42 AM
I equate them with what seems like an appropriate perspective for the levant/middle east. You have to prove your OP point more than you have, referencing other groups distant from the Jews doesn't make sense, that was my argument.

i didnt equated jews with native americans or Hindus or arabs obviously, just the meaning of red. you misunderstood me.
i dont think it is apporpriate what you do, i think it is a anthro mythological WhiteWashing and when you refer to my Background i could as well say, it is because you are part jew and was mistaken for mexican in the USA, thats why you Claim a mid-eastern phenotype is white

riverman
06-01-2013, 06:45 AM
I think you have the honest misconception. I live around Middle Easterners and im familiar how they look like, you probably arent.

No, you say ridiculous things in these threads, and the fact is, you cant group everyone together in a geographical area, nor assume that any lightness is 'European admix' etc. There isn't any misconception on my part, it fits with the members opinions on the forum who are Jewish themselves

1stLightHorse
06-01-2013, 06:48 AM

The reason circassianwine says that is because he wants to believe that Muhammad was a brown man, which he wasn't. There are other Hadith which say that Muhammad was abiad (white). Because in some Hadith they use the term a7mar (red). Let me demonstrate that a7mar in old arabic literature does NOT mean brown. These hadith are all from sound chains of Narration.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.744 Narrated byIsmail bin Abi Khalid
I heard Abii Juhaifa saying, "I saw the Prophet, and Al-Hasan bin 'Ali resembled him." I said to Abu- Juhaifa, "Describe him for me." He said, "He was white and his beard was black with some white hair. He promised to give us 13 young she-camels, but he expired before we could get them."

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 5791 Narrated byAli ibn AbuTalib
When Ali described the Prophet (peace be upon him) he said:
He was neither very tall nor excessively short, but was a man of medium size. He had neither very curly nor flowing hair but a mixture of both.
He was not obese, he did not have a very round face, but it was so to some extent.
He was reddish-white, he had wide black eyes and long eyelashes.
He had protruding joints and shoulder-blades, he was not hairy but had some hair on his chest, and the palms of his hands and his feet were calloused.

Sahih Al Bukhary vol. 1 no. 63,
"while we were sitting with the Prophet, a man came and said, "who amongst you is Mohammed?" We replied, "this white (abiad) man reclining on his arm..."

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 06:49 AM
No, you say ridiculous things in these threads, and the fact is, you cant group everyone together in a geographical area, nor assume that any lightness is 'European admix' etc. There isn't any misconception on my part, it fits with the members opinions on the forum who are Jewish themselves

what ridicolous things did i said?
it fits with the jewish opinions, but dont you think that jews are biased? and most jews here are whitecentric stormfront types. a real mizrahi Brown jew would probably agree with me. it is commonly accepted that jews were Brown and thats why they were created from mud/earth. it is as much accepted as that i learned it in Religion class in School. that jews are goths on the other Hand is not commonly accepted but a stormfront jew type anthro myth. i also didnt said any lightness is due to european admix but you cant denie that there was european influence in middle east since ancient times. and you cant equate them with Whites, they are another group

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 07:01 AM
The reason circassianwine says that is because he wants to believe that Muhammad was a brown man, which he wasn't. There are other Hadith which say that Muhammad was abiad (white). Because in some Hadith they use the term a7mar (red). Let me demonstrate that a7mar in old arabic literature does NOT mean brown. These hadith are all from sound chains of Narration.

I heard Abii Juhaifa saying, "I saw the Prophet, and Al-Hasan bin 'Ali resembled him." I said to Abu- Juhaifa, "Describe him for me." He said, "He was white and his beard was black with some white hair. He promised to give us 13 young she-camels, but he expired before we could get them."

He was neither very tall nor excessively short, but was a man of medium size. He had neither very curly nor flowing hair but a mixture of both.
He was not obese, he did not have a very round face, but it was so to some extent.
He had protruding joints and shoulder-blades, he was not hairy but had some hair on his chest, and the palms of his hands and his feet were calloused.

"while we were sitting with the Prophet, a man came and said, "who amongst you is Mohammed?" We replied, "this white (abiad) man reclining on his arm..."

asmar - أسمر is not Adam. and thats a english Translation of asmar. we should ask arabs what colour asmar is. probably it is something inbetween White and Dark. my source says that there are different distinctions of darkness/whiteness.

here is a arabic source saying asmar can be translated as brunete http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Asmar-Asmar.html
also there are hadits which says Mohammed was neither White nor dark

Anas bin Malik (Radiallhu Anhu) reports, "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was of a medium stature, he was neither very tall nor very short. He was very handsome, of medium built and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight (but was slightly wavy). He had a wheat-coloured complexion. When he walked, he leaned forward slightly".

wheat coloured is also commonly used by Indians to describe complexions between fair and dark
In my own words : I am a 6ft tall wheat complexion slim and athletic, very understanding honest stable and almost zero anger, doesn't get irritated easily, very sociable and friendly. And love to help people and make …http://seo.salaamlove.com/dating/Indian/United%20States/California/LOS%20ANGELES

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 07:09 AM

There is a tradition that Mohammed was also a redhead which is why many Muslim men dye their beards red with Henna;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aEPBwHsZVc4/UA1Plah-1nI/AAAAAAAAF6w/RVKv9_zPLnI/s640/resize_wizard-3.jpg

Anglojew
06-01-2013, 07:13 AM
what ridicolous things did i said?
it fits with the jewish opinions, but dont you think that jews are biased? and most jews here are whitecentric stormfront types. a real mizrahi Brown jew would probably agree with me. it is commonly accepted that jews were Brown and thats why they were created from mud/earth. it is as much accepted as that i learned it in Religion class in School. that jews are goths on the other Hand is not commonly accepted but a stormfront jew type anthro myth. i also didnt said any lightness is due to european admix but you cant denie that there was european influence in middle east since ancient times. and you cant equate them with Whites, they are another group

1. aa100 is a Mizrachi Jew and doesn't agree with you.

2. most Jews aren't "stormfront types" that's a ridiculous statement. Just because I'm somewhat of a white nationalist (but not racist just proud of caucasian civilisation) doesn't mean most Jews are.

1stLightHorse
06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
asmar - أسمر is not Adam. and thats a english Translation of asmar. we should ask arabs what colour asmar is. probably it is something inbetween White and Dark. my source says that there are different distinctions of darkness/whiteness.

here is a arabic source saying asmar can be translated as brunete http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Asmar-Asmar.html
also there are hadits which says Mohammed was neither White nor dark

Anas bin Malik (Radiallhu Anhu) reports, "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was of a medium stature, he was neither very tall nor very short. He was very handsome, of medium built and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight (but was slightly wavy). He had a wheat-coloured complexion. When he walked, he leaned forward slightly".

wheat coloured is also commonly used by Indians to describe complexions between fair and dark
In my own words : I am a 6ft tall wheat complexion slim and athletic, very understanding honest stable and almost zero anger, doesn't get irritated easily, very sociable and friendly. And love to help people and make …http://seo.salaamlove.com/dating/Indian/United%20States/California/LOS%20ANGELES

In Musnad Ahmad there is a narration that ‘Auf narrates from Yazid al-Farisi in which he describes the Prophet as he saw him in his dream and his description his complexion as;

أَسْمَرُ إِلَى الْبَيَاضِ

"Asmar that tends to be white (abyad)."
---------------------------

Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Salihi (d. 942 A.H.) quoting from Ibn Abi Khuthaymah and Abu Na’im gives us the same narration through ‘Auf from Yazid that uses the following words to describe Prophet’s –may Allah blessings be upon him- complexion.

أحمر إلى البياض

“Red (ahmar) leaning towards whiteness (bayad)”
----------------------------

Ibn Hajr’s comment
Using the different words alternatively used in the report involving Yazid al-Farisi and the comments of Ibn ‘Abbas –may Allah be pleased with him- and understanding of the Arabs Hafiz Ibn Hajr contends “asmar” in these reports means “whiteness imbued with redness”.

وَتَبَيَّنَ مِنْ مَجْمُوعِ الرِّوَايَاتِ أَنَّ الْمُرَادَ بِالسُّمْرَةِ الْحُمْرَةُ الَّتِي تُخَالِطُ الْبَيَاضَ وَأَنَّ الْمُرَادَ بِالْبَيَاضِ الْمُثْبَتِ مَا يُخَالِطُهُ الْحُمْرَةُ وَالْمَنْفِيُّ مَا لَا يُخَالِطُهُ وَهُوَ الَّذِي تَكْرَهُ الْعَرَبُ لَوْنَهُ وَتُسَمِّيهِ أَمْهَقَ

“And it is evident from all the narrations taken collectively that “sumrah” means redness (humrah) mixed with whiteness (bayad). And the pleasing look of whiteness (bayad) is that in which redness (humrah) is mixed and the displeasing look is that in which it is not mixed. It is the color the Arabs dislike and call “amhaq”

riverman
06-01-2013, 07:33 AM
^ Sheesh, those descriptions are denoting a light complexion, it's obvious, Gigilo your arguments are ridiculous, we have historical descriptions here

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 08:52 AM
In Musnad Ahmad there is a narration that ‘Auf narrates from Yazid al-Farisi in which he describes the Prophet as he saw him in his dream and his description his complexion as;

أَسْمَرُ إِلَى الْبَيَاضِ

"Asmar that tends to be white (abyad)."
---------------------------

Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Salihi (d. 942 A.H.) quoting from Ibn Abi Khuthaymah and Abu Na’im gives us the same narration through ‘Auf from Yazid that uses the following words to describe Prophet’s –may Allah blessings be upon him- complexion.

أحمر إلى البياض

“Red (ahmar) leaning towards whiteness (bayad)”
----------------------------

Ibn Hajr’s comment
Using the different words alternatively used in the report involving Yazid al-Farisi and the comments of Ibn ‘Abbas –may Allah be pleased with him- and understanding of the Arabs Hafiz Ibn Hajr contends “asmar” in these reports means “whiteness imbued with redness”.

وَتَبَيَّنَ مِنْ مَجْمُوعِ الرِّوَايَاتِ أَنَّ الْمُرَادَ بِالسُّمْرَةِ الْحُمْرَةُ الَّتِي تُخَالِطُ الْبَيَاضَ وَأَنَّ الْمُرَادَ بِالْبَيَاضِ الْمُثْبَتِ مَا يُخَالِطُهُ الْحُمْرَةُ وَالْمَنْفِيُّ مَا لَا يُخَالِطُهُ وَهُوَ الَّذِي تَكْرَهُ الْعَرَبُ لَوْنَهُ وَتُسَمِّيهِ أَمْهَقَ

“And it is evident from all the narrations taken collectively that “sumrah” means redness (humrah) mixed with whiteness (bayad). And the pleasing look of whiteness (bayad) is that in which redness (humrah) is mixed and the displeasing look is that in which it is not mixed. It is the color the Arabs dislike and call “amhaq”

just coincidence that he is handsome and of the colour which arabs like? and not of the colour which they dislike?
im not sure about the historical accuracy of hadiths, they could be true or not.
about asmar, it is neither White nor Dark, it is something inbetween "White mixed with red/Brown" etc. it is lighter then Adam though and king david was adam

Mortimer
06-01-2013, 08:53 AM
^ Sheesh, those descriptions are denoting a light complexion, it's obvious, Gigilo your arguments are ridiculous, we have historical descriptions here

im not sure if hadiths are historical descriptions or just fairy tales. coincidence that he is exactly the colour arabs like? and that he is handsome and like "moon and the sun" etc. sounds as if he is an uebermensch etc.
and why im ridicolous im not even arguing about mohammed

YeshAtid
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
you're an idiot