PDA

View Full Version : Reconquest of Constantinople

Nationalitist
09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
What do you think?

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Yap. Time to send an army from all over Europe (Greece can't do it alone) to Constantinople, Cyprus and Asia Minor and kick the Turks out.
And I don't care which way they do it. There is no Byzantine Empire anymore but this flag will fly over these cities as that is the flag that should fly there:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/newsletters/europeanInstitute/EIDigestArchive/images/GreekFlag.jpg

Poltergeist
09-16-2009, 03:36 PM
The whole Asia Minor?

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
The whole Asia Minor?
No. The Aegean and Marmara Regions.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Turkey_Regions.png

Poltergeist
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
But first a worthy military leader must be chosen. I think I know of someone from Portugal.

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
But first a worthy military leader must be chosen. I think I know of someone from Portugal.
Like ?

Poltergeist
09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Like ?

For now I can't disclose his name because he is a shy guy and doesn't like to brag in advance (he explicitly asked his name not to be disclosed). But he is dedicated to the goal and has abilities of a leader, I can assure you.

Loki
09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
... and assimilate the local populace? No thanks.

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
... and assimilate the local populace? No thanks.
Who spoke of assimilation? Put them on a train across the border. The lot of them.

Loki
09-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Who spoke of assimilation? Put them on a train across the border. The lot of them.

a train? How about hundreds of trains, for the city alone. Maybe thousands. :D

And ... across the border to where? Armenia? :P

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I know. Thousands of trains, tens-of-thousands of them. Disrupt our own train services if neccesary. Kick 'em out :D

Bagdad or Mecca for all I care. Back to the steppes of Asia.

Hors
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM

And ... across the border to where?

Maybe to their families in Amsterdam?

The Lawspeaker
09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Maybe to their families in Amsterdam?
To Russia.

Hors
09-16-2009, 04:56 PM
To Russia.

Turkics are being kicked out from Russia, while in large Dutch cities they will soon have a majority...

So you had better stop bullshitting about Russia and start learning Turkish :D

Tabiti
09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Reconquest of Constantinople? For what? It hasn't been in European hands since 1453. Now it has 12,697,164 non European population, no locals left. It won't be easy to "move" them somewhere else.

The Black Prince
09-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Last time it was conquered by Europeans was in 1204. The costs of the 4th Crusade were paid by the European peasantry while the fortunes of Constantinople landed in the bags of cunning calculated North-Italian merchants and a part in those of the crusaders. Whereas the large European peasantry their position didn't improve by it.

The nowadays hightech military of the Western states would easily wipe away any sign of military resistance. But it would cost quite some money. And what about the costs of dealing with an unwilling population nexto the costs of the initial military actions, what would be the profit?

Strategically spoken, with the costs remaining about the same of the initial military actions to takeover Constantinople, it would be better to quickly subdue all the Oil states. Although also in that case there would have to be dealt with an unwilling population, we atleast have the oil resources in control. On the other hand since it is currently already such a mess in Iraq (the unwilling population), further actions in the region are not wishfull atm.

Other options are there but I'm not in the mood to elaborate on that.:P

Nodens
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
All studies I've seen identify the majority of (non-Kurdish) Turks as Turkicised old stock Anatolians (Graeco-Armenian), rather than central Asian. It would be interesting to exactly what proportion of the population could be candidates for re-Hellenisation.

Poltergeist
09-16-2009, 09:43 PM
The nowadays hightech military of the Western states would easily wipe away any sign of military resistance. But it would cost quite some money. And what about the costs of dealing with an unwilling population nexto the costs of the initial military actions, what would be the profit?

Do you know of any Western power that cares about reconquering Constantinople?

And what for? With what justification?

Besides, Turkey is a respected member of NATO and its military is not so weak (but not very strong either).

The Black Prince
09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Do you know of any Western power that cares about reconquering Constantinople?

And what for? With what justification?

Besides, Turkey is a respected member of NATO and its military is not so weak (but not very strong either).
Nope, hence the arguments put forward by me.:coffee:
There is simply no profit to gain and it has no point. Better perhaps is the position of (still pro-western) Turkey on the border between the EU and the radical elements from the Middle-East.

And concerning their military it is indeed not weak, quite modern and I'm glad they are pro western. But hypothetically they wouldn't stand a chance against a well combined motivated hightech American/W.European force. Hypothetically that is, cause such an event will not going to happen now or in the near future.

Cato
09-16-2009, 11:01 PM
What's the point? You might as well retake the entire old Byzantine empire at its height, or the Roman empire at its height, if you want to retake Constantinopolis.

Murphy
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I say we conquer it just to show that Christendom still has some bite in it ;):D! Then we'll give it back to them and they'll live in the full knowledge of what they should expect should they feck with us :p!

Regards,
Eóin.

Poltergeist
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I say we conquer it just to show that Christendom still has some bite in it ;):D! Then we'll give it back to them and they'll live in the full knowledge of what they should expect should they feck with us :p!

Yeah, only as a joke, as can be discerned from your smileys.

Because "Christendom" doesn't exist (any more) anyway.

Murphy
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, only as a joke, as can be discerned from your smileys.

Because "Christendom" doesn't exist (any more) anyway.

The reconquest was of course a joke. However, I do believe in the need to rebuild Christendom. Politically and spiritually.

Regards,
Eóin.

Absinthe
09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Reconquest by whom? :icon_ask:

ikki
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM

A motley collection of historians, forumers and various revivalist fans :D
Thing is, and it has been shown previously, this issue stands to collect quite a crowd. I wouldnt be surprised if is would end up gathering well over a million!

Yes, probarbly terribly out of shape etc... and 90% being self styled generals.. most lacking armaments.. a few bringing enough to arm maybe half, but it sure would gather a quite an army.

SuuT
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM

Hors and Taco: the dynamic duo.

Aemma
09-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Hors and Taco: the dynamic duo.

Uhmm the name is Tuco. :D

ikki
09-17-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/7823/english.html

SuuT
09-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Uhmm the name is Tuco. :D

Same thing.

ikki
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/7823/mhntonrotas.mid

found it, my favorite song on that byzantium site. Had the site for a long time, but they havent had most of the songs downloadable all that long...
Well not some 4 years back :p

Bari
09-17-2009, 07:52 PM

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/514/leoi.jpg

Lutiferre
09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
It will never happen.

But of course it is desirable, especially for those who don't like the idea of Moscow as the Third Rome ;)

Poltergeist
09-24-2009, 11:37 AM

The guy in question, apart from being dedicated to the goal of the reconquest of Constantinople, also has an extensive knowledge on European genetics and thinks of preservation of the Zeropean genepool as of an utmost priority.

Óttar
09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
It's a pipedream. The largest most souped up army in the world can't even hold down a bunch of ragtag warlords in Afghanistan, nor can they see that Pakistan is the true support of terrorism and needs to get wiped off the map. The US will not stop supporting the Saudi government which is 1000% behind the manufacturing of Wahhabist Muslims and their propaganda machine that is spreading like wildfire through moderate, liberal and nominally Muslim states alike. The US could overthow Iran's Islamic government without invasion, yet it won't because modern politics are today terribly inefficient. The EU won't even pay attention to European citizens who have voted numerous times to keep Turkey out of the EU.

If they can't even achieve simple things like this, reconquering Constantinople has a snowball's chance in Hell.

ikki
09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
It's a pipedream. The largest most souped up army in the world can't even hold down a bunch of ragtag warlords in Afghanistan, nor can they see that Pakistan is the true support of terrorism and needs to get wiped off the map. The US will not stop supporting the Saudi government which is 1000% behind the manufacturing of Wahhabist Muslims and their propaganda machine that is spreading like wildfire through moderate, liberal and nominally Muslim states alike. The US could overthow Iran's Islamic government without invasion, yet it won't because modern politics are today terribly inefficient. The EU won't even pay attention to European citizens who have voted numerous times to keep Turkey out of the EU.

If they can't even achieve simple things like this, reconquering Constantinople has a snowball's chance in Hell.

Thats not how afghanistan is fought. Its against a un-uniformed army of 60 million that keep switching roles between soldier, helpess civilian and ally at will.

Meanwhile the us tries to kill only "soldiers".
Which means refusing to do the only sensible... if anyone from a tribe ever attacks, or even not submitting to provide tribute and kowtowing fast enough... the whole tribes pay with 90% of their lives in cattle, dogs, men women and children. Then piling up the skulls into pyramids.
That is what Genghis did, and he was also the last to tame those lands.

I wouldnt be too surprised if the afghans still love Genghis for having been such a strong and good leader...

Mesrine
09-24-2009, 10:09 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/514/leoi.jpg

You watch too much (awfully bad) movies.

Poltergeist
09-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Meanwhile the us tries to kill only "soldiers".
Which means refusing to do the only sensible... if anyone from a tribe ever attacks, or even not submitting to provide tribute and kowtowing fast enough... the whole tribes pay with 90% of their lives in cattle, dogs, men women and children. Then piling up the skulls into pyramids.

Bloodthirst + necrophilia...

Favourite pastimes of many net warriors.

Nationalitist
09-24-2009, 11:57 PM
The guy in question, apart from being dedicated to the goal of the reconquest of Constantinople, also has an extensive knowledge on European genetics and thinks of preservation of the Zeropean genepool as of an utmost priority.

But has he come out with any concrete proposals on how to successfully reclaim Constantinople?

Mesrine
09-25-2009, 01:24 AM
But has he come out with any concrete proposals on how to successfully reclaim Constantinople?

Remember what Mynnyd I the Great said to you: "you don't have any ideas"

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Army composed of Spanish faggots, specially for that occasion married by El Grande Maricón Juan Carlos de Borbón, will reconquer Constantinople.

http://www.repubblica.it/2003/e/gallerie/esteri/bacistoria/storico63644371406082939_big.jpg

Absinthe
09-25-2009, 01:30 AM
LOL is it Spaniard week now on the National Apricity Channel? Are we done with the Mongoloid season? :D

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 01:31 AM
LOL is it Spaniard week now on the National Apricity Channel? Are we done with the Mongoloid season? :D

The Moorish (ie. Spanish) season has begun.

Absinthe
09-25-2009, 01:33 AM
The Moorish (ie. Spanish) season has begun.
But that's not what I paid for! :eek: I want my subscription money back :p

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 01:36 AM
no way! The future of Zerope is at stake.

Absinthe
09-25-2009, 01:39 AM
I say we discuss about the racial purity of Lichtenstein, those bastards are really threatening the integrity of Europe! :p

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 01:40 AM
I say we discuss about the racial purity of Lichtenstein, those bastards are really threatening the integrity of Europe! :p

They should be Dna tested.

Absinthe
09-25-2009, 01:41 AM
What's the point? One look at them and you know they're contaminated with mongoloid and hither asiatic genes :p

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Time for moorish nationalism.

Mesrine
09-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Time for moorish nationalism.

Reconquista of Al-Andalus!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6696/lalive011.jpg

Poltergeist
09-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Viva Abd-el-Krim!

Mesrine
09-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Viva Abd-el-Krim!

Alana, pack your shit, I'm coming!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Abd_el-Krim.jpg

Artorius
09-25-2009, 05:19 AM
What do you think?

Why not? It was Greek to begin with. No reason why it couldn't be again!

Nationalitist
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Reconquest of Constantinople is very important. As Vrykolakas said, the future of Zerope is at stake.

Amapola
09-26-2009, 12:46 AM
They should be Dna tested.

Probably you would be the first surprise :rolleyes:

Poltergeist
09-26-2009, 01:21 AM
I am a proud carrier of non-Zeropean genes. :p

ikki
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I am a proud carrier of non-Zeropean genes. :p

Quod erat demonstrantum

Radojica
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1448/photo0013q.jpg

Let's go, i am ready, i found my helmet :p

Poltergeist
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
At any rate, if military operation were to be undertaken, it should be done some time in the month of december.

December
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
At any rate, if military operation were to be undertaken, it should be done some time in the month of december.

I don't know why you keep squeezing phrases absolutely taken out of context for the sake of fun.

I crossed myself a couple of months with you a while ago, that's the insight we have of eachother. I don't know why you keep claiming that I have some megalomaniac ideas of "reconquering Istambul" (Constantinople, or whatever it is) just because I mentioned it was a disaster while Europe was entertained with petty wars some 500 years ago. Like we still are. We are their descendants and we are still human and mostly stupid. We always trust in stupid leaders and then we complain that we are being attacked by third parties.

LOL, first thing, the idea that I could expect to lead an insurgence against whatever it is, can only be read in a context where you take me for a deep schizophrenic affected person with serious psychotic delusions of grandeur in the same pack of people who believe that themselves are the incarnation of Jesus Christ, Bhudda or Adolf Hitler (the most common).

If I ever thought to myself that Hagia Sophia makes me sick with those minarets? it does. So what, I dislike the HP monitors too as they are glossy and reflect a lot. That said does it makes you think that I have some psychotic ideas of picking a horse (preferably one that can swim) and enter in their building dressed like Lord Vader and say +++I WILL DESTROY+++?

Damn, I enjoy the Star Wars, does that makes me dream that I'll build an X-Wing and conquer Europe? Sure you were bitter at me and disgusted because I didn't like the way you let everyone make a party at Stirpes while ago. (If I knew at the time what I know now, maybe I should have not even cared. I thought that it was a sane place where Europeans could have amicable exchange of impressions and ideas to help knowing us each others a little better).

As for the ideas of mocking any knowledge I may have of exact sciences like biology, chemistry, physics or maths, I could have a surprise or two for you. But no, you keep squeezing the concept you made of me as a racial wanker because I said I'd prefer to marry a woman as close as possible of my kind. You (or "someone") even splitted a thread where I said I'd marry someone with 1/8 Burmese ancestry but not 1/8 African. What so? People with african background don't please my eyes. A personal taste? yes. And what?

So what? do I care if people marry or not with people of close backgrounds? Honestly? I don't give a fuck. I don't like, it displeases me, but I don't give a fuck, because:

1. I am 1 single insignificant person among 6.750 millions. Even if by chance I'd have been born to be a president, do you honestly think that I would give a shit for what people do with their genitalia? And do you honestly think that I think I would have any power to tell people who they should marry? Each person or each people choose their own fate. I care for myself mostly.

2. Europeans are only getting what they deserve. In all honesty it disgusts me the white chicks with beautiful pink cunts being screwed by black dicks. But if they do it and like it, by all means, let them fuck as they want. Who am I to tell that our governments should forbid whites, yellow, reds, blacks, pinks, browns, greens to live in an apartheid? Wasn't my country who settled in Cabo Verde, Guinea, Angola, Moçambique, etc? What should we expect? Aren't the governments that my people elect sponsouring this global inter-racial-fuck-party when they vote for faggots like José Sócrates? We reap what we sow.

Personally I do things that I like. I study physical sciences on an academic level. I study folklore, traditions, ethnology, language and european culture on auto-didactic basis. I play games, I play music, I drink, I have normal friends who don't share my political reactionarian views, but they still are my friends and I feel not alone in this life. Humanity in first place has not deterred myself from having made friends of all types.

Now, what's your pet aversion with me? The day before yesterday I stumbled upon a post of yours referring to my "idiocies" as very entertaining for you, and I asked you in a PM why did you do this being me completely absent of this place? You replied me to not take it seriously in a way that made me think it was some bitterness from the past. Now you exhume this another topic where I find interesting scorning remarks at me. Man, you do have time and some grudge against my person. And honestly, for someone who says that this is just the internet and that it shouldn't be taken seriously you really go astray from that disposition.

Honestly it doesn't bug me, but despite being the internet we still are real people behind the screens. I have no interest in any psychotic agenda like the ones I've been witnessing in the Poles VS Germans threads, involving people who have not the slightest idea of what is the real life, the problems of everyday life like people in this world having to wait hours or days to be seen by a doctor in an hospital. So what's your point in all this?

Brynhild
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
http://www.immediart.com/catalog/images/big_images/SPL_R_T165126-Atomic_bomb_explosion-SPL.jpg

No need to worry about assimilation.

Loddfafner
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
If they let Turkey into the EU then this objective will be accomplished. (Be careful what you wish for!)

Aemma
12-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Okie dokie....yet again: Please keep things on topic. Thanks very much.

Nationalitist
01-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Food for thought.

Concerning Constantinople, it's pretty much guaranteed a war will erupt over who should control the city after we've removed the Turks from the picture. The Italians can claim the city (through their Roman past), the Greeks can (through their dominance of the Eastern Roman Empire), the Bulgarians can (through their Thracian heritage), the Russians can (through their role in the liberating the Balkans and the city is important for them geopolitics-wise) and other great powers are likely to swoop in and try and take control of the city for themselves (as they did post-WW1).

Daos
01-25-2010, 05:43 AM
No. The Aegean and Marmara Regions.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Turkey_Regions.png

Then what happens to the Greeks from Pontos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontos)?

I say give the entire peninsula to the Greeks as compensation for what the Ottomans have done. Also the peoples that have fought against the Ottoman scourge should receive a monetary recompense of sorts.:p

P.S.: It's nice to dream...