PDA

View Full Version : How do I....?

Beorn
09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
....get around a protected page and be able to copy the text?

I have come across some articles which are protected and will not let me highlight and copy the text. When I do right-click I get the following message in the box.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6783/gdffd.jpg

I've tried downloading it to a PDF and using the PDF Pirate that Ulf kindly gave knowledge about, but it only gives a blank page.

Anyone know how to get round the protection?

Ĉmeric
09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Why don't you just take a screenshot?:typing

Beorn
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Why don't you just take a screenshot?:typing

Because I'd prefer to be able to copy and paste it instead of a screenshot.

Ĉmeric
09-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Because it would normally be a lot less trouble to copy & paste. But in this case you may spend a lot less time by just taking a screenshot.:ranger:

Beorn
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Because it would normally be a lot less trouble to copy & paste. But in this case you may spend a lot less time by just taking a screenshot.:ranger:

It would look silly to post several screenshots as a thread. If all else fails I'll just have to type it out and not bother to put a source. :D

Ulf
09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
You can try:

In your browser: View -> Page Source -> Find text, Copy + Paste and remove coding.

Try using Ctrl+A to highlight the whole page and then Ctrl+C.

File -> Save Page As -> Save to desktop -> Open -> See if copy protections are removed when opening from desktop.

Beorn
09-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for that Ulf. I tried 'save page as' to desktop but saved it under 'text file' instead. Worked a treat. :thumb001: