PDA

View Full Version : MDLP World-22 North-European-Mesolithic Component Distribution

Black Wolf
06-03-2013, 02:34 AM
I find the North-European-Mesolithic component that Vadim Verenich discovered using the ancient La Brana Mesolithic individuals in his MDLP World-22 analysis to be very interesting. It's present day distribution is particularly interesting with the Sami people of northern Scandinavia showing the highest percentages of it today. This makes sense as the Sami people obviously have a very large amount Mesolithic European ancestry in their genomes. It is also interesting to point out that this component seems to have old connections to Mesolithic Western European ancestry as evidenced by the fact that the Sami have a strong Western pull genetically and the smaller amounts of this component among Baltic peoples such as Latvians and Lithuanians. In terms of this component British people are actually closer genetically to the Sami than Balts and many Slavs are and that probably relates to some very ancient shared Western European Mesolithic ancestry between Brits (also other Western Europeans) and the Sami people. Finns of course come in second place overall in this component. It is quite clear from this that the Finns and Sami share many old genes together.

Thoughts?

http://magnusducatus.blogspot.ca/2012/09/behind-curtains-mdlp-world-22-showcase.html

SkyBurn
06-03-2013, 02:46 AM
MDLP World-22 thinks I'm Greek :p

Interesting stuff though.

Black Wolf
06-03-2013, 03:12 AM
MDLP World-22 thinks I'm Greek :p

Interesting stuff though.

And what is your ethnicity?

Black Wolf
06-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Ashkenazi (Ukrainian/Scottish)? Is you are indeed Ashkenazi then I can see how it may think you are Greek.