PDA

View Full Version : 'We should hang evil drug dealers on live television' - BNP member

Treffie
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
AN extreme right-wing political party has sparked outrage with a suggestion that drug dealers should be hanged live on national TV.

British National Party member Kevin Edwards, a Penygroes community councillor, hit out after it was revealed that the number of deaths caused by drugs had quadrupled in Llanelli.

But opponents have accused the party of electioneering.

Councillor Edwards, of Penygroes, said: "The British National Party realises the problems that the drug trade has inflicted on our people and our country and are prepared to confront the problem " head on.

"When we come to power we would embark on an unprecedented program of drug rehabilitation.

"This program would be available to everyone affected by this evil.

"We have for a long time advocated in our manifesto that, where appropriate, the death penalty would be made available as an option to judges.

"This would be included for the evil scum who peddle this misery on our streets.

"Personally, I would like to see the first three pushers/dealers hung in front of the cameras on national TV.

"I wonder how many of these suppliers of death and misery would be out there the following day plying their trade? Not many, I guess!"

Five Roads councillor Jim Jones attacked the BNP.

"They have to realise we are living in 2009. The days of hanging people in public are way gone," he said.

"I do think the courts should give stiffer sentences. But I have no time for extremist views.

"I think they are just saying these things to get support because the General Election is coming up.

"I hope people will consider the options before giving their support to the BNP. If they support something like this, what have we come to?"

Carmarthenshire councillor Ceri Thomas said: "I condemn what the BNP are saying completely.

"I think drug pushers should have the full severity of the law, but I certainly don't agree with executing them.

"It will probably appeal to the hang them and flog them brigade.

"People are fed up of the drug scare that's prevailing in our society, but that's not the way forward."

However, former Llanelli mayor, councillor Hubert Hitchman, said: "I'm all for the death penalty.
"It may sound a bit extreme but those are my views. We are too soft on them," he added.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/southwalesnews/hang-evil-drug-dealers-live-television-BNP-member/article-1342054-detail/article.html

Fortis in Arduis
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Only in Wales.

Quite a favourable article. Who owns the paper?

Northcliffe... not so bad then. ;)

The BNP sometimes receive excellent coverage in smaller family-owned newspapers.

Atlas
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
What bollocks... ;)

Like if it was likely to happen anyway.

Treffie
09-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I think the BNP Councillor was letting off steam when he said it - there's a very bad drugs problem in the area, so I can believe that many people in the area will be thinking the same thing. :thumb001:

Beorn
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
"They have to realise we are living in 2009. The days of hanging people in public are way gone,"
But I have no time for extremist views. "I think they are just saying these things to get support because the General Election is coming up.

I do like the way the councillor has managed to attack the BNP for being extreme yet then confirm that what was said is the majority accepted view of the public.

I suppose his constituents are extremists then?

Fortis in Arduis
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I think the BNP Councillor was letting off steam when he said it - there's a very bad drugs problem in the area, so I can believe that many people in the area will be thinking the same thing. :thumb001:

People do make the most astonishing blunders when they let off steam. :coffee:

Paleo
09-22-2009, 12:20 AM
fuck that.

Troll's Puzzle
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Good idea. They can put it on PPV and the legal costs will be covered too. A free legal system! entertain the public and keep costs down, AND deal with dealers. Win/Win/Win :cool:

Osweo
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Personally, I would like to see the first three pushers/dealers hung in front of the cameras on national TV.
Personally.

i.e. "This is not policy, party policy, or even my actual policy, just my honest human gut feeling on the matter. I am an ordinary human being, not some spin-doctor's drone."

Liffrea
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
"People are fed up of the drug scare that's prevailing in our society, but that's not the way forward."

Do the public agree?

Personally I don’t tend to take much notice of opinion polls unless they show definite trends, and I’ve seen a few trends over the years, such as:

As much as 80% being against mass immigration.

As much as 70% being against continued membership of the EU.

As much as 90% being against the Lisbon Treaty.

As Much as 80% wanting the death penalty reinstated.

I find that what the opinion polls show and what the politicians think is usually a dramatic contrast.

Perhaps the politicians should actually do something radical and reflect the views of the majority rather than so called “progressives”?

As for me, I support hanging drug dealers, no problem with that at all, but not on TV, it’s not entertainment, it’s justice. They peddle poison to people, often children, that they know can cause death and, at the least, long term problems. They are parasites, getting rich off other people’s suffering, say that sounds a lot like politicians…..

Atlas
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Well said Liffrea...

This is not survivor... justice is a serious thing... if someone has to be hanged again in the UK why make a show out of it ? And by the way I don't have any kids neither do I live in the UK but I do understand the parents who have to deal with this everyday after highschool, their kids coming home stoned, laughing at them, that doesn't happen only in England or Wales.

My point is, yes, I support death penalty, but over much more serious offence than that, like peadophiles, mass murderers, terrorists etc.

Beorn
09-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Instead of hanging everything that doesn't have a silver spoon in its mouth and took the wrong choices (or perhaps did have a silver spoon but still took the wrong choices), we could look to tackle the root of the weed before taking such drastic measures?

Liffrea
09-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Well I was joking about hanging politicians……alright only slightly.;)

I agree that the reasons for drug addiction do need looking at; I don’t advocate hanging addicts, just dealers.

Dealers know what they are doing, they know the results of their actions, they make that choice, they should pay the price, for me that’s a rope and a trapdoor.

Beorn
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I was joking about hanging politicians……alright only slightly.;)

You will have to await your turn. I have a spot dedicated especially for them all on the ramparts of the Tower of London. Those Ravens do look so underfed :swl

SwordoftheVistula
09-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Public hangings are good, but should be for real criminals. After living in a 'ghetto' for the past 3 years I found that contrary to the stereotype, the much-maligned 'drug dealers' are actually some of the nicest people who live in such areas. The people who are a problem insofar as drugs are concerned are the addicts who steal anything that's not nailed down, always trying to scam or hustle everyone, etc. Taking drug dealers off the streets isn't even effective in the least anyways, as it only takes the users a day or 2 to find a new source. Recreational drugs are a Pandora's box that can't be closed again, people want them, thus there will always be people finding ways to sell and supply them.

Liffrea
09-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Taking drug dealers off the streets has no effect in Britain (the way things are) because we don’t have much in the way of law or deterrent. Less than eight years in HMP Butlins for dealing crack, wow!

Now a mandatory death sentence for the distribution of drugs, well that brings things back into focus nicely. Will it solve the problem? Of course not, the only when you will ever solve any crime is to kill everybody.

Will it reduce the problem? Very much so. When Britain had execution for murder we still had murders, just a great deal less of them.