PDA

View Full Version : Arn, knight templar (movies)

Eldritch
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
http://arn-swords.com/media/294/arn_saladin.jpg

Watched the second installment last night. I didn't like it as much as the first one, too clean-cut and politically correct for my taste (although of course I understand that with such a huge production it's imperative to attract as wide an audience as possible).

Still, I look forward to the third episode. Btw did anyone read the books?

GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS
12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
There won't be a third episode. The first movie was about the first and one half of the second book, the second movie was about a half of the second book and the third book.

In fact, in most markets (like USA) both movies will be edited into one single movie. (Where they care only about action, not history.)

Absinthe
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Move to the Film section for further discussion? :)

Hilding
02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
http://arn-swords.com/media/294/arn_saladin.jpg
Still, I look forward to the third episode.

That's EXACTLY how I felt after seeing the second movie and then, I suddenly realized that I have read the books years ago and should know the ending. I think that the story would have been MUCH better if they'd done a third film!

The Black Prince
09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I had read the books already years ago, so I probably could fill in the gaps that were made in the movies..

What I liked about it were the things in the movie that were mostly historically right:

transitional armortypes, horsetypes, couched lance charge in the intro, etc. The romantic epique/drama around the two main characters I also liked.:)

What I didn't like where the things not (historically) right:

an Arabian horse that doesn't age, longbow formations in 12th century Sweden?, a logcabin with floating water from outside (nice in summer, but during the rest of the year?), etc.

But my main opinion is that the books simply where better. However I know there are hardly movies that are better as the book it is based upon.

Absinthe
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
^ Spoiler alert! :p

Amarantine
09-16-2009, 06:53 AM
But my main opinion is that the books simply where better. However I know there are hardly movies that are better as the book it is based upon.

Yes, the books are always better then films. But Templars are my favourite conspiracy subject:D, simply adore them, and I wonder I never heard about that book or film?!